• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Minneapolis/St.paul riots

Started by nooryisawesome, May 28, 2020, 07:48:30 PM

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 26, 2020, 02:38:04 PM
I don't know; a line of police tape would have served if a psychological barrier was the goal.  Seattle has tried that several times last month, just stand back and arrest anyone who crosses or breaks it using quick-moving bike cops.

I think they learned the futility of defending a fortified position and allowed the fence to be dismantled -- they could have easily driven off the guys with power tools sawing through it if they'd wanted.  I cant wait to see what tonight's tactic will be.

Serious respect for Portland's drum corps, too; those guys are for real.  Soon they will have a full marching band hahaha

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on July 26, 2020, 02:23:26 PM
Without the fence, they have no barrier- nothing to say "do not cross this line" aside from the front doors to the court house. Even when the fence came down (again) the protesters seem to have respected the boundary. It allowed the police to go inside and leave the "peaceful" protesters to throw their fireworks and set their fires without endangering any officers.

You may have noticed an escalation any time they came out of the building. Can you imagine them standing forming a human perimeter for the entire night and how many additional injuries that would result in? I would say the fence did it's job... Even if it acted as a net for an impromptu game of tear gas volleyball.
LOL.  How long is this crazy game going to continue?  What a freaking joke. Either the charade of a mayor should give the key to the city to trumpet man or bring the shit to an end.  It's truly sick that the joke local government wants to see this idiocy through at least early November.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on July 26, 2020, 02:33:49 PM
Protestors shooting each other is serious and nobody wants death but some of the rhetoric about explosives? Smoke bombs? We used to shoot each other with far worse fireworks as kids, for fun. They post these pics of smoke bombs as if they are dynamite due to their look. They are smoke bombs. Not even M-80's or any firework that could harm you. (This is not to say the Leftists aren't throwing/launching some fireworks, bombs, or such that can hurt you.)

Somebody used something serious in Seattle yesterday at the East Precinct.  I can't figure out this damage from a thrown firework; it must have been attached to the outer wall like the proverbial petard.

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on July 26, 2020, 02:41:47 PM
LOL.  How long is this crazy game going to continue?  What a freaking joke. Either the charade of a mayor should give the key to the city to trumpet man or bring the shit to an end.  It's truly sick that the joke local government wants to see this idiocy through at least early November.

It is useful to both sides.  No reason to quit now.

GravitySucks

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 26, 2020, 02:38:04 PM
I don't know; a line of police tape would have served if a psychological barrier was the goal.  Seattle has tried that several times last month, just stand back and arrest anyone who crosses or breaks it using quick-moving bike cops.

I think they learned the futility of defending a fortified position and allowed the fence to be dismantled -- they could have easily driven off the guys with power tools sawing through it if they'd wanted.  I cant wait to see what tonight's tactic will be.

Serious respect for Portland's drum corps, too; those guys are for real.  Soon they will have a full marching band hahaha

I saw a trombone last night.  About 2am as things were dying down, a YouTuber went and filmed Riot Ribs still cooking in the midst of the chaos.  I wonder if tear gas lends flavor or acts as a meat tenderizer. 

Rix Gins

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 26, 2020, 01:53:36 PM
Hahaha it looks more medieval to me.  Have you seen there are at least two guys in full armor?  One wearing a maybe 12th. c. peaked Crusader helmet, and one with a 15th c. bascinet.

Here is the Crusader guy.  The body armor looks later to me, though; should have a coat of mail.  And of course the "arms" on the shield are a 21st c. fantasy.

https://twitter.com/sequentialsmart/status/1286491905782460416

One of the Village People standing by the knight.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 26, 2020, 02:43:23 PM
Somebody used something serious in Seattle yesterday at the East Precinct.  I can't figure out this damage from a thrown firework; it must have been attached to the outer wall like the proverbial petard.

I can't zoom in to see material. It could be as you say. Even off the shelf fireworks can be dangerous or easily modified to be more so. Having said that I thought fireworks were illegal there? Though I recall one could buy on Indian land all year long. I imagine one could obtain also in Chinatown.

Frankly, if I were the cops I'd be more concerned about the hurled jar of some leftist junkie's urine and bodily fluids than some bottle rockets or smokebombs.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Rix Gins on July 26, 2020, 02:51:18 PM
One of the Village People standing by the knight.

Hahaha so it is!

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on July 26, 2020, 02:53:54 PM
I can't zoom in to see material. It could be as you say. Even off the shelf fireworks can be dangerous or easily modified to be more so. Having said that I thought fireworks were illegal there? Though I recall one could buy on Indian land all year long. I imagine one could obtain also in Chinatown.

Frankly, if I were the cops I'd be more concerned about the hurled jar of some leftist junkie's urine and bodily fluids than some bottle rockets or smokebombs.

Yeah we can easily buy them half an hour out of town, in several directions.  It's the modified ones that are scary.  The police said one a few days ago was tossed wrapped in bbs.

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 26, 2020, 02:45:20 PM

Here is a question. Short of releasing all prisoners, giving property and funds to the leaders of the protest, firing every cop on the beat and putting in a 100% corporate tax rate with all proceeds to be used for "social justice" issues- how do you end it?

I was thinking last night that if it was just the courthouse, they should turn it over along with a tanker of gasoline and a few matches. Burn the fucker down. But we both know that would not be the end, but rather a "new beginning." Even monetarily, it is not worth what must be millions each day to "defend" a shitty court house. Let the fucker burn, pull all federal jobs out of Portland and build it somewhere else.

But that would do nothing to slow down the protests (and would likely send a signal to increase the protests and violence elsewhere as it yields results.) So, I ask you in your official capacity as the "woke" VP as of this November; How do you end this? I assume you sit down across the table from the 30 organizations and 1000 individual protesters and give them anything on their laundry list of demands? Or do you pull out all law enforcement and remove the city councils in the hopes that they would govern in a better, more fair and equitable manner for all citizens.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 26, 2020, 02:57:14 PM
Yeah we can easily buy them half an hour out of town, in several directions.  It's the modified ones that are scary.  The police said one a few days ago was tossed wrapped in bbs.
BATF violation.
More details about the Keeping Austin Weird theme. The redhead guy killed was carrying an AK knockoff, job was a 'permanent caregiver' to his black, quadruple amputee fiancé. and he and she, in wheel-chair, have been protesting for many weeks. He carrys a rifle because his roommate was arrested. He apparently approached a car that was driving through/near the BLMs. Person in car shot him and then someone else in crowd shot at car when it took off. "Situation is fluid" and not a lot of details or charges, if any, but two people in custody.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/downtown-austin-shooting-congress-sixth-street/269-9cd396c1-169c-45be-9529-c1e4662f838e
https://www.kut.org/post/man-shot-downtown-austin-protest-dies-his-injuries-suspect-custody

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on July 26, 2020, 02:59:30 PM
Here is a question. Short of releasing all prisoners, giving property and funds to the leaders of the protest, firing every cop on the beat and putting in a 100% corporate tax rate with all proceeds to be used for "social justice" issues- how do you end it?

I was thinking last night that if it was just the courthouse, they should turn it over along with a tanker of gasoline and a few matches. Burn the fucker down. But we both know that would not be the end, but rather a "new beginning." Even monetarily, it is not worth what must be millions each day to "defend" a shitty court house. Let the fucker burn, pull all federal jobs out of Portland and build it somewhere else.

But that would do nothing to slow down the protests (and would likely send a signal to increase the protests and violence elsewhere as it yields results.) So, I ask you in your official capacity as the "woke" VP as of this November; How do you end this? I assume you sit down across the table from the 30 organizations and 1000 individual protesters and give them anything on their laundry list of demands? Or do you pull out all law enforcement and remove the city councils in the hopes that they would govern in a better, more fair and equitable manner for all citizens.

I don't think that you do end it until the cold rains of October.  There is a sort of protest culture here that much of the nation doesn't understand, and never will.  Enough local residents are tacitly if not openly supportive and take a certain amount of pride in making sure authority's grip is always uneasy.  Best you can do is try to contain it in a sort of arena, like the parks in Portland, with an opposing team that shows up to do battle every night and hold the focus of the mob.  It's best viewed as a sport, with nothing inherently political about it.

Trump did the Portland mayor a huge favor by offering himself as an alternative target, which was a political calculation.  Here it's still the mayor in the hot seat, though there were reports of Feds coming in on Thursday.  I am sure our mayor would like nothing more than for the Feds to show themselves with their game faces on, and take the heat off.

If the protesters end up killing people like in Chaz people will look away for a while as authority reasserts itself but under no circumstances will people here actually approve of a government crackdown.  So it will never happen.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 26, 2020, 02:43:23 PM

Was anybody hoisted?

Asuka Langley

Quote from: albrecht on July 26, 2020, 03:06:01 PM
BATF violation.
More details about the Keeping Austin Weird theme. The redhead guy killed was carrying an AK knockoff, job was a 'permanent caregiver' to his black, quadruple amputee fiancé. and he and she, in wheel-chair, have been protesting for many weeks. He carrys a rifle because his roommate was arrested. He apparently approached a car that was driving through/near the BLMs. Person in car shot him and then someone else in crowd shot at car when it took off. "Situation is fluid" and not a lot of details or charges, if any, but two people in custody.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/downtown-austin-shooting-congress-sixth-street/269-9cd396c1-169c-45be-9529-c1e4662f838e
https://www.kut.org/post/man-shot-downtown-austin-protest-dies-his-injuries-suspect-custody

This has been discussed on /pol/ the guy with the AK fired first you can clearly hear it in the audio. Then were was handgun fire presumably the driver of the car returning fire and killing the idiot with the AK. Sounds like an idiot fucking around and finding out that you should not intimidate people because they might shoot back.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Asuka Langley on July 26, 2020, 04:00:47 PM
This has been discussed on /pol/ the guy with the AK fired first you can clearly hear it in the audio. Then were was handgun fire presumably the driver of the car returning fire and killing the idiot with the AK. Sounds like an idiot fucking around and finding out that you should not intimidate people because they might shoot back.

Video of the shooting is here. Seems like protesters were trying to stop traffic and guy in the car was not having it and tried to push though (you can hear honking). The AK idiot with the quadriplegic nigger g/f opened fire, possibly Joe Biden warning shots. Then the guy in the car was like fuck this nigga and dropped him. If this is the way it went down it was a good shot and AK boy is rotting in a morgue where all antifa should be. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miX7ijtYtCk

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 26, 2020, 03:24:10 PM
There is a sort of protest culture here that much of the nation doesn't understand, and never will.  Enough local residents are tacitly if not openly supportive and take a certain amount of pride in making sure authority's grip is always uneasy. [...] under no circumstances will people here actually approve of a government crackdown.  So it will never happen.

The spice plum wine must flow.

Jackstar

Quote from: ItsOver on July 26, 2020, 02:41:47 PM
It's truly sick that the joke local government wants to see this idiocy through at least early November.

The United States presidential election is in exactly 100 days from today.

It's gonna be like Christmas.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 26, 2020, 04:17:38 PM

Ugh, headache.  I am only sorry they hit Rhein Haus, for no reason I can figure except that maybe it is a beer hall and thus fascist by association.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 26, 2020, 04:17:38 PM
Go more hardcore like the Balkan types (since we seem to be going down that road anyway.) Distill them plums. Silvovitz and unfiltered cigarettes for the masses!

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 26, 2020, 02:45:20 PM

My question to you is why haven't other groups joined in? With all the distraction and tacit approval of the shenanigans, I could easily see Big Chicken and his Mighty Clouds of Joy or whatever, torching an abortion clinic a night.  Or Sig Hansen and the crabmen getting some sweet payback by busting up the GreenPeace office.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 26, 2020, 04:40:52 PM
Ugh, headache.  I am only sorry they hit Rhein Haus, for no reason I can figure except that maybe it is a beer hall and thus fascist by association.
I doubt they know much history. It wasn't a preemptive attack against a beer hall putsch (was that a false-flag btw?) I'm guessing it was just because it was near or to loot some beer. One notes that they DID tear down Albert Pike's statue in DC. So there goes that the "Masons are behind it" theory. Maybe?

Quote from: albrecht on July 26, 2020, 03:06:01 PM
BATF violation.

Wow.  Taking on a guy with a semi automatic rifle with a handgun.  Either the driver has mega balls or had no choice.  I guess the dude with the rifle didn't see that video of that old guy in that church dropping a shooter.  It's Texas man - everyone and anyone can shoot.

Hahaha it looks more medieval to me.  Have you seen there are at least two guys in full armor?  One wearing a maybe 12th. c. peaked Crusader helmet, and one with a 15th c. bascinet.

Here is the Crusader guy.  The body armor looks later to me, though; should have a coat of mail.  And of course the "arms" on the shield are a 21st c. fantasy.

Ha!  "Only in Portland....."   Well yes.  Probably won't see that in Atlanta or Austin.  Would be like a tin foil wrapped spud in a camp fire.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 26, 2020, 04:50:27 PM
My question to you is why haven't other groups joined in? With all the distraction and tacit approval of the shenanigans, I could easily see Big Chicken and his Mighty Clouds of Joy or whatever, torching an abortion clinic a night.  Or Sig Hansen and the crabmen getting some sweet payback by busting up the GreenPeace office.

It's gorgeous out here; normal folks are barbecuing or on a boat.

The simplest answer is that, to qualify as political destruction with tacit official sanction, you need about a thousand ne'er-do-wells, shrieking obese harpies, various dumpy trans types with rainbow hair, cute soyboys, and paunchy middle-aged marxists with nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon to run interference for you, keep the popo at bay, and generally look away while you fuck shit up.  And there are only certain causes around which these people are willing to coalesce.

^^^ Why riot down at the Goofy Golf?  They were out of the pink golf balls or something? 

More importantly - did that damn Clown go down for good?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21arTN-zyW8

albrecht

Quote from: Asuka Langley on July 26, 2020, 05:05:29 PM
Jim Crow Laws were a mistake

[tweet]1287520509417197573[/tweet]

Tear It Down!

" I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 26, 2020, 04:57:31 PM
Wow.  Taking on a guy with a semi automatic rifle with a handgun.  Either the driver has mega balls or had no choice.  I guess the dude with the rifle didn't see that video of that old guy in that church dropping a shooter.  It's Texas man - everyone and anyone can shoot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1jWVzfqSxA

SpaceMeowMaid

That's not a protester. That is just my friend in the SCA who saw the opportunity to fight in the streets in his gettup ;0 you know how it goes.