• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coronavirus 2020

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 23, 2020, 11:29:38 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: Innerreach on December 23, 2020, 12:01:38 PM

Those ass hats know the people need help and if they can't get a practical bill put together, the POTUS will have no choice but to sign something. These people are clearly owned by the CCP. Evil fucks!

Ha!  What a fucked up mess.  Amerika!

albrecht

I seem to recall that this is not 'new' news, but I guess the studies are finally coming out.

https://newsroom.uw.edu/news/research-strongly-suggests-covid-19-virus-enters-brain

https://www.studyfinds.org/coronavirus-can-enter-brain-similar-to-hiv/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-variant-south-africa-spread/

Normally the odds, as I recall, is that a virus mutations often kill itself off or make it less lethal. So while these might be more infectious maybe, hopefully, they are less severe or lethal. But who knows how the 'bats' and 'pangolines' engineered and spread it. 

Hog

We got our first vaccine injections here locally on Wednesday.   One of the vaccines requires the super cold storage and immediate administration, the 2nd drug requires conventional refrigeration and can survive for 1 month at room temperature.
Our military is helping with transport/distribution esp. with the Inuit and other Indigenous up North.

peace
Hog

Asuka Langley

Nurse gets vaccine and bells palsy and urges people not to take the vaccine 

https://newtube.app/fake_pandemic/tiJz49z

Hog

Quote from: WOTR on December 18, 2020, 03:28:44 AM
I have a question. Being as mandatory masking helps so much- how come the cases continue to rise where they put laws in?

Now, they tell me (and common sense dictates) that touching your face is not good during a pandemic. However, masks force me to touch my face probably a minimum of 50 times a day. Every time somebody comes into my office, I have to mask. Every time I leave it to talk with others, the mask goes on. Every time I get back to my office, sit in a truck (by myself) or walk outside the mask comes off.

Hell, it is probably closer to an additional 100 times each day that I'm touching my face. And this is their solution to "help" me NOT get it?*

*The above is hypothetical, and would apply IF I were not presently sheltering in place in my basement.
It's your decision to improperly use the fixes your gov. is instructing you to use.

If you combine PROPER hand hygiene with proper mask application.  Everytime your hands go to your face, they must be clean.  As in just cleaned seconds prior.

Fuck the masks, if everyone would just wash their hands we'd be good.  Masks increase transmission in those who arent trained or fail to follow established mask/PPE donning and doffing.  Yes guys, after you pick your nose, you should wash your hands.

peace
Hog

pate

Quote from: Hog on December 27, 2020, 03:24:56 PM
...  Yes guys, after you pick your nose, you should wash your hands.

peace
Hog

Then I can scratch my butt?  I would not want to spread CornHoleEbola19.5 from my nose to my butt, that would be weird.

-p

whoozit

Do I have to wash my hands if I pick someone else’s nose?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on December 27, 2020, 05:02:17 PM
Do I have to wash my hands if I pick someone else’s nose?

If it’s at a protest against Trump you’re good. Otherwise, yes.

Hundreds of Quarantined Brits Missing From Swiss Ski Resort

QuoteVerbier, a Swiss ski resort extremely popular among wealthy British tourists, has suddenly seen about half the Brits who came there to spend their Christmas holidays suddenly disappear without a trace.

The Rapture went down and Shreddie was the only one that made it Bellgab. We're gonna have to do it the hard way.

Pick up your sword and shield. Gonna be a tough seven years.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDaW9nEmKLY

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 27, 2020, 07:41:24 PM

The Rapture went down and Shreddie was the only one that made it Bellgab. We're gonna have to do it the hard way.

https://youtu.be/rT1HEXNI9c4

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 27, 2020, 07:41:24 PM

Bah he is probably in Chamonix puking up last night's raclette as we speak.

albrecht

I know it is Christmas Sunday but the local news was remarkable. The usual 'bring in the minority' talent for the weekend or holiday deal but they just ran a recorded bit 'breaking down' truths about the vaccine. Without even a anchor or video but text, maybe PowerPoint, 'explaining' the vaccine and also how 'conspiracies' and 'false information' can 'fill gaps' when there isn't 'good information out there.' Then explained:  how natural immunity isn't as good as the immunity gained by the vaccine- and we don't know if natural immunity protects because someone has gotten COVID-19 twice. The mRNA cannot change DNA because it doesn't enter the nucleus. And lastly that nothing in the vaccine was rushed because they were working on similar vaccines before and could use that information.

The video's information, and presentation, was that of elementary school- prior to kids now being able to make much better videos and presentations on their phones even. Shockingly bad. And a bit weird it would be so poorly done. Almost like the old film-strips in school back when.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on December 27, 2020, 10:44:40 PM
I know it is Christmas Sunday but the local news was remarkable. [...] The video's information, and presentation, was that of elementary school- prior to kids now being able to make much better videos and presentations on their phones even. Shockingly bad. And a bit weird it would be so poorly done. Almost like the old film-strips in school back when.

[attachment=1]

Quote from: albrecht on December 27, 2020, 10:44:40 PM
The video's information, and presentation, was that of elementary school- prior to kids now being able to make much better videos and presentations on their phones even. Shockingly bad. And a bit weird it would be so poorly done. Almost like the old film-strips in school back when.

Just remember Albrecht. The shame is not in having them, the shame is in keeping them.  Bleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIwi7ispCjk

Jackstar

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 28, 2020, 01:01:31 AM
Just remember Albrecht. The shame is not in having them, the shame is in keeping them.  Bleep.

Walks, you just replaced VC as my new All-Time Favorite BellGab User. Grats.

#OFFICIAL

Quote from: Jackstar on December 28, 2020, 01:04:35 AM
Walks, you just replaced VC as my new All-Time Favorite BellGab User. Grats.

#OFFICIAL

I do believe that I've had a solid day here on the most esteemed of forums.

WOTR

Quote from: Hog on December 27, 2020, 03:24:56 PM
It's your decision to improperly use the fixes your gov. is instructing you to use.

If you combine PROPER hand hygiene with proper mask application.  Everytime your hands go to your face, they must be clean.  As in just cleaned seconds prior.

Fuck the masks, if everyone would just wash their hands we'd be good.  Masks increase transmission in those who arent trained or fail to follow established mask/PPE donning and doffing.  Yes guys, after you pick your nose, you should wash your hands.

peace
Hog
Yes. It is wonderful of Justine and Dr. Who to instruct me to use a mask. I know how to use them- I have a video of me standing in a cloud of chlorine gas in full PPE. But it is not an exaggeration to say that my "one time use" mask is on and off over 100 times each day.

Yeah, I could go to the washroom to wash my hands each time. But I have to put on a mask to go there. I could use hand sanitizer 200X each day- but that just isn't happening. I suppose the most obvious answer would be for my government officials to declare that you have to be masked 24/7. You can take your mask off once each day to change it. That would prevent the mentally infirm such as myself from endangering society.

I get that there are people who like to follow rules. I'm guessing that many of them are employed in a profession where they can shout "yes sir." Most people like that naturally follow rules very well. I don't. (BTW- not judging either way.) Not for a virus as deadly as Covid. Now you introduce Ebola to the general population, and I promise to start observing strict protocols. I will also say that if I worked in a long term care home I would. When I visited a hospice (ironically) I did. Day to day? Nope.

But then I think that most people are fatigued. Even those who used to be very strict are starting to slip.

Jackstar

Quote from: WOTR on December 28, 2020, 01:18:25 AM
a virus as deadly as Covid

The virus was identified as, "SARS-CoV2." Are you sure you're not dead already? Maybe you better check with a qualified health care professional, just to be sure.

What harm could it do? Better safe than sorry. Speaking of which... do you happen to know any cute Newfies that are looking for a new pen pal? Any gender will do, as long as they obey and respect Our Savior, Jesus Christ. Asking for a friend.

Send a short bio, soft focus 8x10 glossies, and a recent negative Lyme's Disease test result to: KUCZI@UNICORNTODAY.COM (no tattoo freaks, pretty please).

Jackstar

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 28, 2020, 01:09:15 AM
I do believe that I've had a solid day here on the most esteemed of forums.

I'll be honest: I've loved you for years, but you've really been knocking it out of the park lately. Kudos.

Maybe it's time for you to host the GabCast. (Jackstar has not been paid or recompensed in any way for this promotional message.)

Say hi to your mom for me.

WOTR

Quote from: Jackstar on December 28, 2020, 01:42:41 AM
The virus was identified as, "SARS-CoV2." Are you sure you're not dead already? Maybe you better check with a qualified health care professional, just to be sure.

Look. If the official death rate is 1.5%- then you have to consider individuals such as Whozit, who have already died 3 times during this pandemic. Really, the number has to be closer to 5%.

As for me- I may or may not be among the undead. I'll check my pulse and ability to fog a mirror once the government lifts lock down restrictions and allows me to have sex again. Hail the all powerful big brother who now declares who may and who may not fuck through medical decree.

WOTR

Quote from: Jackstar on December 28, 2020, 01:46:29 AM
Maybe it's time for you to host the GabCast. (Jackstar has not been paid or recompensed in any way for this promotional message.)

There was a time when I would believe such declarations. "I did not have sex with that woman." "I have had no business dealings in China or the Ukraine with my son, Hunter." But I have become jaded and believe that somebody is paying for such an endorsement.

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on December 28, 2020, 04:14:50 PM
There was a time when I would believe such declarations. "I did not have sex with that woman." "I have had no business dealings in China or the Ukraine with my son, Hunter." But I have become jaded and believe that somebody is paying for such an endorsement.
The thing not many realized- or at least it is my theory- is that when Bill said the line "I did not have sex with that women, Ms Lewenski" was that it was targeted towards Miss Lewenski- not the American public or even Hillary. He was trying to tell her not "to tell" and that he would protect her and "that women" was in reference to Hillary- not her. That he wasn't having sex with his political wife of convenience and was trying to keep Lewenski's trap shut. 

I had a Christmas dinner with some medical people and teachers. No one really masked. Although only one had the jab. And one who had the 'Rona early but recovered before he even got his test back. He said lost taste/smell and symptoms like a cold, not even a fever like a flu. He is late 20's. I note that the older folks were Biden supporters and NPR listener types but still- no masks and hosting a party with not much distance (normal dinner table, inside.) Teacher said the 'kids aren't learning' with the online classes. Nurse said 'it is a shame what we are doing to children. Depriving them of social interaction, play, church, school, etc when the virus isn't even bad for them. I've had my time and fun, it isn't fair to protect boomers like me by depriving the children.' One of the older folks, retired surgeon, who had been concerned about it seemed resigned even though he was getting the alerts from the medical boards and meetings was hosting. Unmasked. So even the 'experts' are getting 'Rona fatigue and not, seemingly, appreciating personally how 'serious' it is, as they talk about it. 

Jackstar

Quote from: WOTR on December 28, 2020, 04:14:50 PM
But I have become jaded and believe that somebody is paying for such an endorsement.

That's a pretty spineless way to call somebody a liar. You're obviously perfect for the GabCast.

No one pays me. NOT ANYTHING, NOT ANYONE. If this were the Old West... I wouldn't have bothered writing this post I would have read what you wrote, and then immediately called you out, and then immediately plugged you right through your red-blooded American heart.

Quick question: you want to try that one again? As I've been called a liar just a few too many times this year, and iif t happens three more times, I'm going to get a little metal that I can affix to my hat, so I got that going for me.

Your move. Zugzwang.

K_Dubb

There was a study that came out last week I think showing that asymptomatic or presymptomatic transmission (the reason we are wearing masks and staying in even though we are healthy) is negligible.  But one of the things I love about this whole thing is that, since it is a Chinese study, relatively few people are promoting it who otherwise would be all over it.  Circumstances stubbornly refusing to conform to anyone's narrative get ignored.

Personally I think that asymptomatic transmission will turn out to be one of those lies told to us because they are good for us:  remove the stigma of masks if everyone is wearing them, the sick don't feel shamed into being responsible since everyone is supposed to act like they are contagious, encourage staying at home and society-wide germ paranoia which is ultimately beneficial for controlling spread.  A lot of stuff not strictly scientifically accurate but designed to control the herd.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 28, 2020, 05:00:15 PM
There was a study that came out last week I think showing that asymptomatic or presymptomatic transmission (the reason we are wearing masks and staying in even though we are healthy) is negligible.  But one of the things I love about this whole thing is that, since it is a Chinese study, relatively few people are promoting it who otherwise would be all over it.  Circumstances stubbornly refusing to conform to anyone's narrative get ignored.

Personally I think that asymptomatic transmission will turn out to be one of those lies told to us because they are good for us:  remove the stigma of masks if everyone is wearing them, the sick don't feel shamed into being responsible since everyone is supposed to act like they are contagious, encourage staying at home and society-wide germ paranoia which is ultimately beneficial for controlling spread.  A lot of stuff not strictly scientifically accurate but designed to control the herd.

You would know. ::)

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 28, 2020, 05:00:15 PM

I'd think I'd agree with that. I saw a study the other that I thought you would find interesting K_Dubb.  Give me a minute to find it.

Still looking. Hang on...........