• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coronavirus 2020

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 23, 2020, 11:29:38 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 16, 2020, 08:21:31 PM
Infusions?   Jesus.        I just want a cold, frosty beverage now and again - not Chemotherapy.
Ha!  I don't want damn fruit and a cactus in my beer.

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on June 16, 2020, 08:26:10 PM
Ha!  I don't want damn fruit and a cactus in my beer.

I hear ya...though I'm down in "hop head country" in So Cal...all double IPA's with fruit...though they do have basically 8-9 percent alcohol...you can only have 1 or 2 then you are done...I guess no I'm solidifying my reputation as Bellgab's "Foster Brooks". Ha

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on June 16, 2020, 08:25:25 PM
LOL...my fav beer and I do not remember that commercial...good on ya! LOL
You're right.  This pops up on Total Wine.  Good stuff.  Especially with a nice steak or BBQ.

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on June 16, 2020, 08:23:24 PM
It has to be something with import/export...import our dairy Canada and we will import your beer with no tariffs...that might explain the price difference...I tried Moosehead...it wasn't that bad.
Yeah. Not bad stuff. Not great but for price. I'm sure it has to be that kind of deal. Even within the US there are so many variances which usually are based on local products or companies. Or just cultural values. We still have some 'dry counties' here and blue laws Statewide. But in Cali and many places you can buy booze all hours/all days. Cigarettes or dip/chewing tobacco crazy price in Canada or Cali etc but in W.Va or NC? Dirt cheap. Milk and butter still covered under various laws and price regulations that most don't know about. Oleo vs Milk 'wars' even in terms of coloration and pricing still on the regulations. I recall being surprised at Canadian border that they were asking about tobacco products? Down here if you come in from Ol' Mex they are asking about quite different things!
So I will continue rant....because it is all about 'harmony'...

http://www.wcoomd.org/en/topics/nomenclature/overview/what-is-the-harmonized-system.aspx

https://usitc.gov/harmonized_tariff_information

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on June 16, 2020, 08:28:20 PM
I hear ya...though I'm down in "hop head country" in So Cal...all double IPA's with fruit...though they do have basically 8-9 percent alcohol...you can only have 1 or 2 then you are done...I guess no I'm solidifying my reputation as Bellgab's "Foster Brooks". Ha
Yeah, I don't get all this home brew crap and IPAs.  The current generation eats it up but, hell, I'm happy with a real Mich or even a full-blooded red label Budweiser.  None of this light crap. Sorry, I'm not one of "the cool kids."  And get off my damn lawn!

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on June 16, 2020, 08:28:36 PM
You're right.  This pops up on Total Wine.  Good stuff.  Especially with a nice steak or BBQ.

Yes sir...just like the Lowenbrau commercial...Steak and beer!

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on June 16, 2020, 08:32:25 PM
Yeah. Not bad stuff. Not great but for price. I'm sure it has to be that kind of deal. Even within the US there are so many variances which usually are based on local products or companies. Or just cultural values. We still have some 'dry counties' here and blue laws Statewide. But in Cali and many places you can buy booze all hours/all days. Cigarettes or dip/chewing tobacco crazy price in Canada or Cali etc but in W.Va or NC? Dirt cheap. Milk and butter still covered under various laws and price regulations that most don't know about. Oleo vs Milk 'wars' even in terms of coloration and pricing still on the regulations. I recall being surprised at Canadian border that they were asking about tobacco products? Down here if you come in from Ol' Mex they are asking about quite different things!
So I will continue rant....because it is all about 'harmony'...

http://www.wcoomd.org/en/topics/nomenclature/overview/what-is-the-harmonized-system.aspx

https://usitc.gov/harmonized_tariff_information

I've crossed the southern border for years daily with work...I hear ya...strange the things they focus on to ask you about.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on June 16, 2020, 08:35:11 PM
Yeah, I don't get all this home brew crap and IPAs.  The current generation eats it up but, hell, I'm happy with a real Mich or even a full-blooded red label Budweiser.  None of this light crap. Sorry, I'm not one of "the cool kids."  And get off my damn lawn!
Those heavy beers are not as good for guzzling when mowing and looking out on the pristine lawn and demanding nobody on it, dammit. And surveilling these new-dog walkers during Corona-Chan letting their $$ pure-bred mutts take a crap on it!

I admit, in colder climes, those IPAs etc can be tasty and fortifying but in summer, which is most months here, drinkability is key. Hydration and vitamin-D is important- to fight Corona-Chan and keep hydrated!

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on June 16, 2020, 08:41:03 PM
Those heavy beers are not as good for guzzling when mowing and looking out on the pristine lawn and demanding nobody on it, dammit. And surveilling these new-dog walkers during Corona-Chan letting their $$ pure-bred mutts take a crap on it!

I admit, in colder climes, those IPAs etc can be tasty and fortifying but in summer, which is most months here, drinkability is key. Hydration and vitamin-D is important- to fight Corona-Chan and keep hydrated!

I agree...in colder temps those IPAs are great...especially if you don't drink hard alcohol...which I don't.

chefist

Fun to share some old BellGab with the beer talk...thanks

Gunner65

Labatts Canada must be making mint. It's hay-making time here..no rain for two weeks. 

chefist

Quote from: Gunner65 on June 16, 2020, 09:44:32 PM
Labatts Canada must be making mint. It's hay-making time here..no rain for two weeks.

Labatts... that's an oldie...I don't see it much here in the southwest.

Gunner65

Cooler temps have prevented planting and caused damage to veg transplanted in the last two weeks of May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXN5nuth6U8

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on June 16, 2020, 08:41:03 PM

Damn straight, skippy.

Gunner65

"Don't bulldoze the camps..."  Where is this going?  When assholes like Levin defend the Holocaust and memorial sites against any statue since Rome!
What the fuck!

So any statue that the ADL or Chabad Lubavitich or BLM say to tear down - will be torn down?

Gunner65

Where is the response from the American Battle Monuments Commission?

Gunner65

So, the Jewish -backed Communist protesters can destroy monuments at will, while disregarding the history of Jewish involvement in the slave trade.  NICE!

Gunner65

The meat and veggies are shit, but the beer is fresh.  Think about that!

Gunner65

This is a communist attempt to occupy the US.

WOTR

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 16, 2020, 08:06:33 PM
Advantage of growing up in a border city.   It was from Canada. You get twice the cheap brews as a teenager growing up.

What the hell... Pictures of my fathers "rat fink hat." It is now mine, and while I cannot wear it to formal dress parties, I can wear it skiing. And yes, it gets lots of comments. I recall my father always happy to get a new beer in the days when the liquor stores were run by the government and they carried a very limited selection. Please note the Michelob cap and the "OV."

Maybe this will jog the memory of anybody who had access to Canadian beers a few decades back. The one I really remember is the purple panther cap  (I seem to have missed it in the photos.) Anyhow, purple was his favourite colour, but he referred to it as "panther piss" and I don't know if he was even able to finish the bottles...

***Now if you see me on the slopes, you will know exactly who I am. There were only ever two "rat fink hats" in existence.

[attachment=1,msg1399609]   [attachment=2,msg1399609] 

Jackstar

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 16, 2020, 01:06:55 PM
You're trying, in your nasty effeminate way, to bring me down

I got this. No need to hold anything of mine. I am solid.

#1) "trying." No, not trying. "bring me down." Thus implying a superiority to your relative position?
#1) a) You are superior to no thing. Your superiority is an illusion.
#1) b) Once point 1 above is addressed correctly, that correction here merely being one of grammar, the word "brought" becomes applicable. "brought me down."
#1) b) I) You're posting on BallGag. You are already as down as it is possible to actually be. And as you are an actual example of a troglodyte--go, look it up, I won't judge--your continued presence here is frankly a testament to your nascent but legit still stubby-nubbins of what passes for a legitimate human soul in your species' 3D dimensional expression. (Ugh, it's so loathsome. You're all so terribly impressed with yourselves, no matter what vile corner of solid space you manage to percolate and infiltrate into--that smug projection of "look! I did it! I'm a big deal too! now worship me too! Also I want free pie. Also I want some of everyone else's free pie too!", you know the one--ugh, it comes out with every nuance of your every expression. And, that's just when you fart. Heavens forfend, you get the logistical and societal support necessary to do so much as even fingerpaint and it's game over for anyone looking to transcend the crude physical forms anywhere near by. All the bodies going into the heart of the Earth--SHE IS YOUR MOTHER, SUB-CREATURE--then sweating, breathing, and undoubtedly poopin' and peein' if not chaperoned strictly, and then turning for the exit and rushing madly out in what would be a stampede if all of your steaming, smelly ilk were to actually manage to do the exact same thing at exactly the same time in exactly the same way, a feat of co-ordination so remarkable that even ducklings, gosling, and fucking fish are all able to do it without barely even a wiggly twitch. Meanwhile, there's a bottleneck at one of the HoneyBuckets by the exit, the whole operation lurches to a smelly, odious halt. Every. Single Time. And do you know why? It's because you and your filthy consciousnesses actually enjoy halting perfectly satisfactory development for no other reason than... to say to yourself that you can.

While, of course, simply being manipulated by the Predator that no one has ever bothered to point out to you. Say, are you ready to knock that loop off, Bunyip? Think it over. Time's nearly up. Now, I'll just see where I was, while very deliberately not using a rhetorical question. A feat so impressive, I am forced to make mention of it myself utilizing the lost magickal craft of plagiarism. Pause as you like to admire, now moving on.

#1) c) This is a very narrow point, but of course--so are you, and so I add it to the list of bulleted charges. You used, present tense, "trying." Thus, implying that his action was being taken in the same moment, not as he typed the words, or even thought them, and not as you read them, but no, you attributed his attempt of effort to be ongoing during the time when you yourself were "trying" to even begin to communicate any manner of coherent, cogent point.

Basically I'm saying you argue like a donkey. Hee Haw, Hee Haw. But at least I would expect that a donkey, compared to yourself, would in fact be able to carry at least a relative minimum of conversation. I'll admit it unlikely to find a donkey willing to converse with the likes of me--donkeys are in fact, far from dumb animals, and would immediately balk at too much of my talk--but still, I'm down by the barn before I'm scanning the Members List for signs of activity from one of your no doubt innumerable sockpuppet virginity-compensatory tools.

Not that I'm implying you're still a virgin. Oh, no. I'm actually pointing out--you still haven't made it. You're not there yet. Perhaps it's because it was with your sister, and only with her and her older brother, who is adopted and of no relation to you, and so of course is comparably, quite attractive. Why wouldn't he be? He's not related to her, and, more importantly... not related to you.

And actually the sister is adopted as well. Or, I suppose you could be--but really, we're talking "abandoned" at this point. I see you becoming "adopted" in the way that one might adopt a lurching, jerky gait for comic relief, or adopt a fancy air in order to cover one's emotions after suddenly seeing a family of geese struck down and run over by a very large... lorry? Is that what you think they're called? Yeah, well, that's because you're fuckin' gay. It's a truck. Get it together, Maggot. Represent your species with honesty, at least for once in its tortured, miserable history.

So in summation of point #1 above: verb tense agreement is important. Of this, I believe I have at least demonstrated my strength of conviction on the matter. Moving on.

#2) You refer to "your nasty effeminate way". Here, my rebuttal is far simpler, and in truth your error is actually somewhat reasonable.

No one seriously expects that you have spent all that much quality time with actual, living, breathing, Human females without them being... held in place, somehow, for some reason. Do you actually hold women captive? The mind staggers at the question, and I'll forgive myself for that one, because the obvious answer is--you bet your sweet ass you would if you could get away with it. It's obvious, in every stroke of your copy/paste creativity, and especially with that astonishingly creepy B&W photo, that has not changed, I believe, since way back when there were still people around who legitimately still loved Obama, and legitimately thought they were in the majority, and were.

Perhaps you have? I can just see it now--you've got your car parked in front of a driveway, and some lass is trying to just leave her house, and you're sitting there, pretending to be using your phone (as if you had friends who called), pretending you don't see her increasing irritation increasingly increasing, loving every minute, and hoping that one day, you'll find one that legitimately can't get out and seek aid, and then you can finally see what happens after your genital area sustains that whining noise that you sometimes here when you are very, very, very excited indeed.

Spoiler alert: that whining is actually a high-pitched keening caused by the back of your pharynx tightening up like a bass drum in response to your cockles getting a taste of blood-fueled warmth, once again. It's a sound so puny and tiny, so sheer and shrieking, that hardly anyone else can hear it, especially as its only being made by your parasympathetic nervous system in order for parts of your cerebellum to experience anything close to actual human kindness, compassion, understanding, and honest arousal of desire.

So, given that is, like, as close as you get to "feminine" at all, save for bothering your mother for her half-smoked butts down at the pub, it's not surprising that you're referring to K_Dubb's projection of "effeminate" as "nasty."

No, he's got it right, women are exactly like that.

Those lacking a practiced tongue might say "nasty," but really a fairer word is naughty. You probably have specific imprints about this word from your own experiences growing up, as if there can be one said about you that we all know to be true, damn, you are one anal retentive lickspittle. But that's not "effeminate." I don't even know what it is. But I do know this: even if it were to be, your nasty is nastier, simply because, at least he has a choice. I've seen him be "not nasty" before, which to be honest, is not something I can ever say about any of your posts I've ever seen. His potrayal is (probably) starkly honest and keenly appreciative of the XX sexual form, although at this point, I really must be honest--I just got here, picked a random post to gnaw on, and set to work.

Frankly, I think the world you may have been fumbling over in your mad, pell-mell rush to be as crudely insulting as possible without leaving any keys on the board less used than others, might be... "natural."

When was the last time you were, Fancypants? I'm honestly just curious. I don't think we need you to share pictures or sound clips or blood samples--not my area, not my bag--but if you are not the most inauthentic poster on any forum on any Internet ever, you've probably hung out with him stealing fruit from older folk, and looking for them to be ever more blinder and blinder.

Okay, that's it: I'm spent. For now. I think there's another wave coming in, maybe about 10 minutes. I've been lighting people up all day and all night with Edison breaks for sleep and Susan Powter breaks to swill various milks of various grains. I'm like a machine that does nothing but seethe in its own bile and create poetry out of the scummy residue that forms on top.

Do y'all get me here? I have become somewhat irritable. How any people did not see this coming, I frankly have no idea. And I'm not even upset with Shreddy, he's just a sparring dummy with a particularly appropriate set of characteristics when I have completely lost any semblance of patience with fascist apologism and those cretins who align with such views.

Now, go get on your alt, you absolute fairymuffin. Do it now, and face me in metacombat, or live forever more from this day forward as a coward.

You know, just a suggestion! You don't actually feel threatened, right? Oh noes, please don't file a report, I'm so skeereeeeeed... because I might legitimately shit my pants and/or break a rib while laughing. And really, no other reason.

Also the Golden Girls is on. Although I prefer the one they did after one of the "Girls" (lol) shuffled off this mortal coil, and then they tried to keep it going, under circumstances... well I'll be honest. I don't remember. But what I do remember is that in the follow up show... that was legit. That was real. They weren't acting. They were working under the cold hand and shadow and aegis of Death.

And they knew it, doubtlessly. Honestly, the best thing to have done was probably to give them all one Emmy to share claim betwixt themselves, and then have them all instantly frozen in carbonite. Right up there on the fuckin' stage. On live TV. Fuck you, Ryan Seacrest, I wanna watch you stammer and watch the cold dull realization dawn in your eyes... that you're next.

I'll be honest, my BellGabber Lovelies--I don't even remember what I'm so fucking pissed about. Like, it's a mystery. Completely! Hey, wait! Is this what being The Hulk is like? Am I actually, finally, Hulking out? Well, that's ironic, I'm not going to need to worry about the pants problem. This is definitely cheering me up! And, just like that--Hulking out, diminishes.

I'm still absolutely furious and filled with the burning rage of a thousand white-hot fiery suns. Y'all can hardly tell, right? Yeah, I know, it's almost like I'm causing a measured display to unfold. Explode. Motherlode. You know, whatevah. The truth is, I've been nurturing this seething current of incineration since my very first post on this site, Fuckos. It really hasn't stepped down much from then, honestly.

Jackstar

Quote from: Gunner65 on June 16, 2020, 10:18:07 PM
This is a communist attempt to occupy the US.

Welcome to the party, Pal. Hold this beacon.

Quote from: WOTR on June 17, 2020, 12:51:05 AM
What the hell... Pictures of my fathers "rat fink hat." It is now mine, and while I cannot wear it to formal dress parties, I can wear it skiing. And yes, it gets lots of comments. I recall my father always happy to get a new beer in the days when the liquor stores were run by the government and they carried a very limited selection. Please note the Michelob cap and the "OV."

Maybe this will jog the memory of anybody who had access to Canadian beers a few decades back. The one I really remember is the purple panther cap  (I seem to have missed it in the photos.) Anyhow, purple was his favourite colour, but he referred to it as "panther piss" and I don't know if he was even able to finish the bottles...

***Now if you see me on the slopes, you will know exactly who I am. There were only ever two "rat fink hats" in existence.

My God WOTR - they are beautiful.  Now there is a legacy!   Closest I've seen to that was this style and it can't hold a candle to a rat fink

Rat Fink

I don't wear hats.  I am Rat Fink.

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on June 17, 2020, 12:51:05 AM

Glad to see cinquante properly displayed. 

albrecht

CA Corona-Klan guy copied, this time in Wisconsin with some dude donning a full Corona-Klan Protection Suit per State and Federal medical advice about coverings to prevent spread of the awful disease. This Corona-Klansman has a previous conviction for criminal damage to property and, no surprise being Wisconsin, a 2nd Offense Operating While Impaired and disorderly conduct. I guess that is why we he walks? 

https://www.wjfw.com/storydetails/20200615174121/conover_man_walking_dog_in_kkk_robe_identified

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on June 17, 2020, 09:48:43 AM
CA Corona-Klan guy copied, this time in Wisconsin with some dude donning a full Corona-Klan Protection Suit per State and Federal medical advice about coverings to prevent spread of the awful disease...
Well, it is good to see a person out-and-about taking Corona Chan seriously and wearing extensive protection, both for his protection and that of others.  The daily CC numbers have been really rising in H-Town recently, no doubt due to all the inconsiderate protestors, marchers, and partying young whippersnappers.  One must have a proper social conscience, these days.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on June 17, 2020, 10:02:10 AM
Well, it is good to see a person out-and-about taking Corona Chan seriously and wearing extensive protection, both for his protection and that of others.  The daily CC numbers have been really rising in H-Town recently, no doubt due to all the inconsiderate protestors, marchers, and partying young whippersnappers.  One must have a proper social conscience, these days.
Buddy of mine went to Port A last weekend to go fishing. Said beach was packed. No many masked or distancing. Bars and restaurants appeared to be open and partying as usual. Trump flags on vehicles, people swimming, drinking, volleyball, Frisbees, etc as normal. He also limited on speckled trout very quickly. Apparently the fish aren't afraid of Corona-Chan any more also and are not social distancing!

Taaroa

Quote from: Taaroa on June 12, 2020, 10:17:29 AM
Borders between most states in Australia, with the exception of WA, are reopening.
WA seems intent on keeping their borders shut to the rest of the country and their premier is acting like a petulant child - even NZ is wanting to reopen borders with the rest of Australia while WA isn't.

There was a further development today, as South Australia reopened to all states except Victoria, Queensland, and New South Wales.
Caused this choice quote from the Victorian premier:

QuoteVictorian Premier Daniel Andrews said he was not concerned that South Australia would not reopen its borders to Victorians.

"I don't want to be offensive to South Australians but why would you want to go there?" he said

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-17/victorian-premier-takes-swipe-at-sa-over-borders-reopening/12363630