• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coronavirus 2020

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 23, 2020, 11:29:38 PM

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 23, 2020, 09:21:24 AM
In other words, he has to say that to keep his job. Unless something has changed I don't really see how that's justified.

That is because you are just looking at numbers.  What's changed is that a few brave states broke out of the lockdown mindset without suffering the dire consequences everyone was predicting, which makes sustaining the lockdowns untenable.  Simple herd behavior.  If people panic they will shut it down again but they will never be as afraid again as they were in March.

In other words, he has to say that to keep his job. Unless something has changed I don't really see how that's justified. Cue pathetic marks for Alex Jones, like MD, getting ready to say that this is a Deep State plot to bring about a second wave to stop Trump being re-elected.

The dude is almost 80.  I can't imagine he is all that concerned about losing his gig.  You can't repress the people's Pickleball matches forever.

K_Dubb

Even here, governor dumdum is revising the criteria downward for counties to reopen.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/inslee-announces-guidelines-that-could-allow-10-more-counties-to-reopen-under-coronavirus-recovery-plan/

QuoteGov. Jay Inslee on Tuesday announced expanded criteria that can allow more Washington counties to reopen more quickly under his four-phase coronavirus recovery plan.

That expansion will potentially allow 10 more of Washington’s 39 counties to reopen. It could greatly expand the number of Washington businesses able to resume operations quickly under safety guidelines intended to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Which is entirely appropriate as people get a better feel both for the nature of the threat and for the nature of the experts' prescriptions -- basically, nope.  I think Shreddie is right, governments will all pursue a stealth herd-immunity strategy while paying lip service to science and containment and wringing their hands over vulnerable populations, but that is because they are responding to what is essentially a popular veto.  Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 23, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
The dude is almost 80.  I can't imagine he is all that concerned about losing his gig.  You can't repress the people's Pickleball matches forever.

When people are in a position of power/influence they don't readily relinquish it. If you'd pause to take a few deep draughts from the well of fine literaturs you might have realised that, you unsightly keyboard fondler.

SredniVashtar

Not sure if this show aired over there, but here's some guidance for people during the lickdown.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=scq71DZG7CU

K_Dubb

I ran across this delightful piece of advice yesterday:

QuoteAn alternative image to thinking about this risk: “With my kids, I just sort of joke around that if you can smell their farts, you need to move farther apart,” Bromage says. So if not smoking, imagine everyone is farting. Keep this in mind and surely you’ll realize outdoor activities are better than indoor ones. “This tells you the gradient of risk,” Bromage says. “The closer you are, the more it’s gonna smell, the more dangerous it is.“

At a barbecue, you can still imagine being close enough to people to smell their farts. So even in outdoor spaces, we need to limit our contacts.

A crowded indoor place, then, with poor ventilation, filled with people talking, shouting, or singing for hours on end will be the riskiest scenario. A sparsely populated indoor space with open windows is less risky (but not completely safe). Running quickly past another jogger outside is on the other end of the spectrum: minimal risk.

I don't know; jogger farts can be deadly and the bastard is usually beyond shaming distance by the time you realize what hit you.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2020/5/22/21265180/cdc-coronavirus-surfaces-social-distancing-guidelines-covid-19-risks

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 23, 2020, 06:29:32 AM
Only 50%?! He’s openly talked about this. Do the other 50% think he’s just making it up for kicks? ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOxRR2Tw94Y

P.S. Whenever someone has to use their hands and arms this much while talking they’re just trying to distract you from the horrible things they’re saying. ;)
Well, there's the Sicilian Mafia and there's the Microsoft Mafia.  They both like to use their hands.

pate

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 23, 2020, 10:20:45 AM
... lickdown...

X-mas, Evrett Dai.

||=[ode skelect]hashtag[/kode select]beelchina[/i}, OBL:[!

-d

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 23, 2020, 09:41:31 AM
That is because you are just looking at numbers.  What's changed is that a few brave states broke out of the lockdown mindset without suffering the dire consequences everyone was predicting, which makes sustaining the lockdowns untenable.  Simple herd behavior.  If people panic they will shut it down again but they will never be as afraid again as they were in March.

That's it. In order to remain a contrarian, I'm switching teams. One death is one too many, and opening is sheer madness! Until a vaccine can be produced there is now way that we should expect our government to force us to work and risk our lives.

Have you seen how many deaths Trump is responsible for? I know it's true, because it is on a 56 foot tall billboard in times square. 58,158 Americans are dead as a direct result of his policies and inaction. I believe now is the time to impeach him for risking American lives by opening up the economy when he already has the blood of so many individuals on his hands.

[attachment=1,msg1395658]

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on May 23, 2020, 12:35:02 PM
That's it. In order to remain a contrarian, I'm switching teams. One death is one too many, and opening is sheer madness! Until a vaccine can be produced there is now way that we should expect our government to force us to work and risk our lives.

Have you seen how many deaths Trump is responsible for? I know it's true, because it is on a 56 foot tall billboard in times square. 58,158 Americans are dead as a direct result of his policies and inaction. I believe now is the time to impeach him for risking American lives by opening up the economy when he already has the blood of so many individuals on his hands.

He’s flagrantly murdering people with a virus that he personally created and released from a Chinese bioweapons lab. He’s worse than Hitler, Mussolini and Genghis Khan all rolled into one!!! >:(

ItsOver

He should have shared his hydroxychloroquine!       

SredniVashtar

One death is one too many.

Unless it's MD, of course.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 23, 2020, 01:08:00 PM
Unless it's MD, of course.

Liberals love murder, as long as it’s the right people. ;) ;D

SredniVashtar

That's it. I'm switching teams.

You decided to give heterosexuality a go at last? It's a good job PMs were switched off or you'd be inundated with poems asking you to reconsider.

SredniVashtar

I'm sure I speak for many of us here when I say that, were I to find out that MD had been flattened an inch-thick by a steamroller, it would not be a lengthy mourning period.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 23, 2020, 01:27:05 PM
I'm sure I speak for many of us here when I say that, were I to find out that MD had been flattened an inch-thick by a steamroller, it would not be a lengthy mourning period.

Can’t stop compulsively fantasizing about murder. Libs love it! They’re straight up thugs, yo!  8) ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 23, 2020, 01:29:23 PM
Can’t stop compulsively fantasizing about murder. Libs love it! They’re straight up thugs, yo!  8) ;D

Heh, heh... that looks like Dear Leader Corona Chan and his fighting losers in the poster.  ;D

Gd5150

Quote from: ItsOver on May 23, 2020, 02:16:48 PM
Heh, heh... that looks like Dear Leader Corona Chan and his fighting losers in the poster.  ;D

Looks like Hillary.

ItsOver

albrecht

In other words, he has to say that to keep his job. Unless something has changed I don't really see how that's justified. Cue pathetic marks for Alex Jones, like MD, getting ready to say that this is a Deep State plot to bring about a second wave to stop Trump being re-elected.
The diminutive doctor has had his job for decades and has survived disease outbreaks and scandals before. The guy has kept his current government position (pay scale RF-00)  since 1984! That is a long time even in the fossilized government bureaucracy world. He knows how to stick around.

Even hard-left publications are starting to criticize the CDC, WTO, China, and so on a bit....but, of course, tries to 'spin' and blame Texas, Georgia and the usual suspects.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/05/cdc-and-states-are-misreporting-covid-19-test-data-pennsylvania-georgia-texas/611935/ 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/consider-possibility-trump-right-china/609493/ 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on May 23, 2020, 03:20:54 PM
The diminutive doctor has had his job for decades and has survived disease outbreaks and scandals before. The guy has kept his current government position (pay scale RF-00)  since 1984! That is a long time even in the fossilized government bureaucracy world. He knows how to stick around.

Even hard-left publications are starting to criticize the CDC, WTO, China, and so on a bit....but, of course, tries to 'spin' and blame Texas, Georgia and the usual suspects.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/05/cdc-and-states-are-misreporting-covid-19-test-data-pennsylvania-georgia-texas/611935/ 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/consider-possibility-trump-right-china/609493/

I can't see him relinquishing his job voluntarily, Walks has got it all wrong. Think of all the hot ass he's nailing at epidemiology conferences because he's the head honcho, not to mention the interns looking for 'experience'. Is he supposed to give that up for a condo in Florida? He'd just be another little guy in a bowling shirt - like MD, but with actual qualifications.

ItsOver

An interesting article, with more than than just hysterics.  It also mentions, gasp, the hazards of "gabbers" and "gabbing."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/how-will-we-ever-be-safe-inside/611953/

It is getting weird out there thread. Was out and about today - test drove a vehicle, went to the brand new Lidl and the home improvement center.
Most people seem to be on team Asuka but there was this one guy..........

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 23, 2020, 03:36:09 PM
I can't see him relinquishing his job voluntarily, Walks has got it all wrong. Think of all the hot ass he's nailing at epidemiology conferences because he's the head honcho, not to mention the interns looking for 'experience'. Is he supposed to give that up for a condo in Florida? He'd just be another little guy in a bowling shirt - like MD, but with actual qualifications.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 23, 2020, 04:26:24 PM
It is getting weird out there thread. Was out and about today - test drove a vehicle, went to the brand new Lidl and the home improvement center.
Most people seem to be on team Asuka but there was this one guy..........

What ride?

Juan

I sometimes mix chemicals, so I have a mask with two huge filters on each side of the nose. They are the same filter material as the N-95 masks with the addition of organic vapor filters. I enjoy wearing it to the grocery. It frightens little of ladies and gets their slow asses out of my way.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 23, 2020, 04:38:33 PM
What ride?

Three actually - Dodge Journey, Dodge Charger and a Fiat Spider.  Have to replace a vehicle  and in these times you can get a new for about what a low mileage used one is for.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 23, 2020, 04:42:32 PM
Three actually - Dodge Journey, Dodge Charger and a Fiat Spider.  Have to replace a vehicle  and in these times you can get a new for about what a low mileage used one is for.

Charger.