• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coronavirus 2020

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 23, 2020, 11:29:38 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 14, 2020, 09:50:37 PM
I'll have to watch this tomorrow.  Hoping there is some 'fuck you China' talk.

It’s diplomatically phrased but there is.

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 14, 2020, 06:05:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ_DW-4x6LU

Thank-you Mr. Trump.

I'm still not his biggest fan- but at least he is leading and holding them to account while our coward in chief is hiding in his basement trying to figure out how best to kowtow to the UN and WHO.

***I know a pretty far left guy who is actually saying that he has been impressed by Trump over Trudeau. I nearly fell off my chair when he said that (to the point I thought he was joking at first and it took him awhile to convince me that it was his genuine opinion...)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on April 14, 2020, 11:52:06 PM
Thank-you Mr. Trump.

I'm still not his biggest fan- but at least he is leading and holding them to account while our coward in chief is hiding in his basement trying to figure out how best to kowtow to the UN and WHO.

***I know a pretty far left guy who is actually saying that he has been impressed by Trump over Trudeau. I nearly fell off my chair when he said that (to the point I thought he was joking at first and it took him awhile to convince me that it was his genuine opinion...)

It happens and I think it’s going to be happening more and more.

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 14, 2020, 05:42:37 PM
I am going to round up six friends right now to march, unmasked, the wrong way down the dairy aisle singing and I'll gladly stand up (WHUMP) nexter you and defenderr still terdeyyy.

I had an actual conversation with a postal clerk today. I was the only person in line- and I stood (unmasked) 6 or 8 feet away. But I swear it was the first time in the last few weeks that it felt even a little normal. Every place is silent now. Nobody talks or laughs or jokes in a store. Nobody even has a conversation with the person they are with. It is just dead silent- and it is eerie.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on April 15, 2020, 12:00:52 AM
I had an actual conversation with a postal clerk today. I was the only person in line- and I stood (unmasked) 6 or 8 feet away. But I swear it was the first time in the last few weeks that it felt even a little normal. Every place is silent now. Nobody talks or laughs or jokes in a store. Nobody even has a conversation with the person they are with. It is just dead silent- and it is eerie.

Psyop.

WOTR

Hmmm...

"A new study has found that the novel coronavirus can spread in the air for about 4 meters (13 feet), over twice the distance currently being recommended for social distancing in public, AFP reported." Can you imagine what places will look like with 13 feet between people?

"...Furthermore, half of the samples from the soles of the ICU medical staff shoes tested positive," the study said. "Therefore, the soles of medical staff shoes might function as carriers."

I guess the good news is that they can finally give me an answer why my shoes have to be run through their radiation machine at the airport... It is also a good time to not have a foot fetish or want to lick the soles of a nurses shoes...  ;)

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 15, 2020, 12:02:22 AM
Psyop.

Maybe. I told one of the Costco clerks a few weeks back (when there was not a single person in line) that I would like to plan on doing my shopping during the apocalypse more often. She cracked a smile- but that was about it.

I don't know if people really are that terrified, or if they think it inappropriate to talk during this "solemn" time.  ::)

This article is just packed with joy.  You can survive the virus but your liver and heart may not work right anymore and you may end up with something akin to HIV.

QuoteIn an early study of COVID-19 patients in China, heart failure was seen in nearly 12% of those who survived, including in some who had shown no signs of respiratory distress

QuoteChief among the worrisome test results were readings that suggested these apparently recovered patients continued to have impaired liver function.

QuoteThe study found that COVID-19’s damage to the T lymphocytes resembled that caused by HIV.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/more-bad-news-on-the-long-term-effects-of-the-coronavirus.html

GravitySucks

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 15, 2020, 06:28:05 AM
This article is just packed with joy.  You can survive the virus but your liver and heart may not work right anymore and you may end up with something akin to HIV.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/more-bad-news-on-the-long-term-effects-of-the-coronavirus.html

You’re just a barrel of laughs today WAN.  I can see why Mrs WAN keeps you around. I bet Little Walks tells her friends all your Dad jokes too and giggles uncontrollably.

This guy is supposedly a Doctor - can't really tell who is or why he is but he goes off on a 10 minute wanna be rant. He makes good points - media hype because that is what they do, politicians using the crisis to try and score points - because that is what they do. Get healthier - eat better, get your supplements, get some sunshine, etc. All well and good but he just doesn't have it in the rant department.  He tries valiently but it just ain't there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xjnFzpmzaA   

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 15, 2020, 06:35:58 AM
You’re just a barrel of laughs today WAN.  I can see why Mrs WAN keeps you around. I bet Little Walks tells her friends all your Dad jokes too and giggles uncontrollably.

Yeah.  Well here is a Chinese Hi-Lo driver with the twitching awfuls to top it off.  Better?

https://twitter.com/blue500000/status/1250097973955981312

Here is some delicious unsubstantiated, random gloom.

A guy called Uncle Doom on GLP says that his wife says that your "brain patterns" are changed forever more after a visit from Corona-Chan.

QuoteMrs Doom has just been shared some scary news.

Im really not sure if I should post this or not, hell people need to know.

A new study indicates serious changes to brain patterns of ALL those infected by the virus.

Current studies show that fundamental differences is found in personality traits of those recovered.

Further study is now a priority.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 15, 2020, 07:49:20 AM

A guy called Uncle Doom on GLP says that his wife says that your "brain patterns" are changed forever more after a visit from Corona-Chan.

You’re killing me Smalls...

aldousburbank

For many people that’s damn good news.

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 15, 2020, 07:57:45 AM
You’re killing me Smalls...

Yeah.  Waiting on a build to finish.  I should just play solitaire.   ;D

Here is a cherry on top.  This articles says we maybe in prolonged or intermittent distance mode until 2022 or perhaps even 2024.  I guess comparing it with the Spanish Flu this is not surprising.

QuoteIt is urgent to understand the future of severe acute respiratory syndromeâ€"coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) transmission. We used estimates of seasonality, immunity, and cross-immunity for betacoronaviruses OC43 and HKU1 from time series data from the USA to inform a model of SARS-CoV-2 transmission. We projected that recurrent wintertime outbreaks of SARS-CoV-2 will probably occur after the initial, most severe pandemic wave. Absent other interventions, a key metric for the success of social distancing is whether critical care capacities are exceeded. To avoid this, prolonged or intermittent social distancing may be necessary into 2022.

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2020/04/14/science.abb5793.full

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 15, 2020, 06:52:15 AM
This guy is supposedly a Doctor - can't really tell who is or why he is but he goes off on a 10 minute wanna be rant. He makes good points - media hype because that is what they do, politicians using the crisis to try and score points - because that is what they do. Get healthier - eat better, get your supplements, get some sunshine, etc. All well and good but he just doesn't have it in the rant department.  He tries valiently but it just ain't there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xjnFzpmzaA

I’d give him a middling 6 on the rant scale with 10 being full foaming-at-the-mouth ape shit.

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 15, 2020, 08:46:35 AM
I’d give him a middling 6 on the rant scale with 10 being full foaming-at-the-mouth ape shit.

ha!  Yeah.  6 is about right.

Live from Lansing.  Not much of a protest so far but we'll see.  The Paul Schaffer look alike is pretty wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSAe_08h_Wo

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 15, 2020, 06:35:58 AM
WAN should team up with Hog and really cheer us all up.  Hell, how much deeper do I need to burrow into my bunker?  I'm about to hit China, as it is... uh oh.

Hog

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 14, 2020, 08:54:30 PM
:D   I was in grade school where I got that little multiprick.  It left a small scar that faded.  small circular scar?  Wasn't that smallpox?  On the upper arm, right?
My TB was on the inside forearm.
If it's on the inside forearm, thats a Mantoux test, not a vaccine.  If a red "wheal" grows from the injection site, it means you have been exposed to TB and require a confirmatory chest X-Ray. The X ray will show any damage from the "tubers" that devour lung tissue. 
It's a more difficult injection to give as its an INTRA-dermal injection. You have to raise a small bubble actually inside the layers of skin, not below them like in a sub-cutaneous injection.

Boomers and older will have the injection site located on the upper arm. It's an actual scar from smallpox inoculation.

peace
Hog

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2020, 09:37:45 AM
WAN should team up with Hog and really cheer us all up.  Hell, how much deeper do I need to burrow into my bunker?  I'm about to hit China, as it is... uh oh.
and the hits keep on coming.

Florida man, 26, 'commits murder' a DAY after being released from prison early to help prevent the spread of coronavirus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8221509/Florida-man-26-commits-murder-DAY-released-jail-early-prevent-coronavirus.html

Retail crashed:

South Dakota ate up with virus:

Most people hospitalized in the US are under 65

https://twitter.com/FreeWales/status/1250130572539834374

WOTR

Studies? Does he have a link- or should I just trust that his "wife" is telling the trooth and that she alone has access to them?

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on April 15, 2020, 12:00:52 AM

Well maybe it is the neighborhood I live in but, while it was true there was no conversation, there was a great deal of exaggerated courtesy -- I got a little attenuated bow coming out of the spice aisle -- and wry smizing over the masks.  We do disaster awfully well.

Quote from: WOTR on April 15, 2020, 10:40:20 AM
Studies? Does he have a link- or should I just trust that his "wife" is telling the trooth and that she alone has access to them?

You gotta just trust him.  The GLP crowd asked for evidence but then a second Uncle Doom showed up and they started fighting over who was the Real McCoy of doom.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 15, 2020, 10:29:23 AM
Looks like it is paywalled.  Too bad...........

I’m local and I won’t pay to read that rag.