• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coronavirus 2020

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 23, 2020, 11:29:38 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 12, 2020, 07:33:24 PM
And yet we know it was Canada that did that in cooperation with them (China).
Don't forget the Harvard folks. Possibly. 

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/harvard-university-professor-and-two-chinese-nationals-charged-three-separate-china-related 

Interestingly a doctor's flyer suggested zinc lozenges, mentioned as a last item.  I thought that was "debunked." 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on March 12, 2020, 07:40:29 PM

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/harvard-university-professor-and-two-chinese-nationals-charged-three-separate-china-related 

Interestingly a doctor's flyer suggested zinc lozenges, mentioned as a last item.  I thought that was "debunked."

I already amended my OP to include that, probably as you were writing this response.

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 12, 2020, 06:10:51 PM
The standard for most medical and industry wipe down is isopropyl alcohol.

I can confirm this.  At least 75%.  Wallgreens and RiteAid frequently have 91% in large spray bottles.

take care of flammable potential, and effect of fumes.

You're a good man Doc!

Dr. MD MD

If they were I don’t remember the debunking. I think the key with zinc lozenges is to actually look for a lower dose so that you can consume more of them because while lower doses of zinc can boost the immune system if you take too much it can have the opposite effect.

Hey Hey Hey.  Don't forget UNC Chapel Hill:
https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/lab-made-coronavirus-triggers-debate-34502

QuoteNov 16, 2015

Ralph Baric, an infectious-disease researcher at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, last week (November 9) published a study on his team’s efforts to engineer a virus with the surface protein of the SHC014 coronavirus, found in horseshoe bats in China, and the backbone of one that causes human-like severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in mice

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/lab-made-coronavirus-triggers-debate-34502

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on March 12, 2020, 07:00:04 PM
Nothing new but interesting that some legitimate doctors and nurses are freaking out like the conspiracy folks of old. I heard some were sobbing and "hysterical" in Boston (not in front of patients.) And I'm not confirmed that there were actually Corona-Chan patients there.  But they fear lots of problems and such. Here there are a lot of conference calls and such. Lackland, as I mentioned weeks ago, some were "voluntold" to prep up to clean planes and move patients.
https://www.boston.gov/news/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-boston

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/03/05/coronavirus-biogen-conference-boston/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fHMvdLiqk8

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 12, 2020, 08:22:19 PM
Isis.  Vavavoom!

Hello!  Is available on dvd, not sure on streaming. Good for a lock-down situation. I wonder what ISIS of the Obama-Clinton variety thought of show?

Gd5150

Quote from: albrecht on March 12, 2020, 09:03:23 PM

Hello!  Is available on dvd, not sure on streaming. Good for a lock-down situation. I wonder what ISIS of the Obama-Clinton variety thought of show?

Quality tv. Don’t forget the big guy.

pate

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 12, 2020, 06:52:08 PM
Hey - they fenced that black thing off now!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Yz1JyjQAw

And I thought curling was sort-of boring.  It looks like they took all the best elements of ice hockey, roller derby and figure skating(T. Harding?) tossed them all out and merged what was left together to get whatever Olympic sport that is.

I don't even know if I want to find out what the rules are and how one wins the gold in that event...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL0_jA2zzQo

Proally a BAFTA, <sad trombone>...

-p

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 12, 2020, 09:55:22 PM
Quality tv. Don’t forget the big guy.

Thats what she said. After he said "shazam!" 

Another report. Ohio stores were packed and lines post school closing announcement. Told by friend "I bought lots of flour" "I will have to diet again because I'll be baking so much now." LA area COSTCO n Walmart were nuts. Report from types who "don't go to those stores but because now." And LA having tons of rain (add to the "List".)

pate

... zinc lozenges ...

Whatever happened to that Zicam stuff?  I knew it had zinc (not anymore) in it, and always wondered what the "-cam" part was;  surely not cadmium?

I believe I have some "old" Zicam (with the zinc) from before the pre-Rush Limbaugh "cancellation" in the old medical war-cabinet...

---

As for disinfectants, my favorite is Dr. George H. Tichenor's formulation of alcohol and peppermint oil.  I always keep a bottle around, and after eMCee's recent "on-air" comments about the proper way to utilize the fluoride in toothpaste via mouthashing, I began to use it as a mouthwash (1:5 concentrate to water).  This being the case, I had to buy a new bottle recently and the local Walgreen's was out;  think it was in mid-Jan to early-Feb.  Had to travel to the "rich" part of town to find a bottle, wondered at the thyme if it had to do with Coronabola or what...

I am Nautical Shore of what sort of alcohol it is made, but sort of figured in a Betty Ford sort of way that it might be a really terrible peppermint schnapps for emergencies, ah-haha!  As when you mix it with water it "milkifies" similar to what happens with absinthe, pastis, etc.  I figure it is not safe for drinking, but would taste better than straight isopropyl because of the peppermint oil.

I bet peppermint oil kills the hell out of this 5G activated bioweapon!

But back to the zinc-cadmium thing (asking for a friend);  are either of those available in suppository form?

-p

albrecht

Quote from: pate on March 12, 2020, 11:00:57 PM
Whatever happened to that Zicam stuff?  I knew it had zinc (not anymore) in it, and always wondered what the "-cam" part was;  surely not cadmium?

I believe I have some "old" Zicam (with the zinc) from before the pre-Rush Limbaugh "cancellation" in the old medical war-cabinet...

---

As for disinfectants, my favorite is Dr. George H. Tichenor's formulation of alcohol and peppermint oil.  I always keep a bottle around, and after eMCee's recent "on-air" comments about the proper way to utilize the fluoride in toothpaste via mouthashing, I began to use it as a mouthwash (1:5 concentrate to water).  This being the case, I had to buy a new bottle recently and the local Walgreen's was out;  think it was in mid-Jan to early-Feb.  Had to travel to the "rich" part of town to find a bottle, wondered at the thyme if it had to do with Coronabola or what...

I am Nautical Shore of what sort of alcohol it is made, but sort of figured in a Betty Ford sort of way that it might be a really terrible peppermint schnapps for emergencies, ah-haha!  As when you mix it with water it "milkifies" similar to what happens with absinthe, pastis, etc.  I figure it is not safe for drinking, but would taste better than straight isopropyl because of the peppermint oil.

I bet peppermint oil kills the hell out of this 5G activated bioweapon!

But back to the zinc-cadmium thing (asking for a friend);  are either of those available in suppository form?

-p

Arak n Raki also does the milky effect. Lion's Milk? I think? Weird since I always thought booze wasn't allowed in those lands. Re: Zicam. I think I have some deep in a cabinet. With original Vicks VAPORUB blue-glass cans that still have active stuff that works like spirits of turpentine and camphor.

pate

Quote from: albrecht on March 12, 2020, 11:11:41 PM

Arak n Raki also does the milky effect. Lion's Milk? I think? Weird since I always thought booze wasn't allowed in those lands. Re: Zicam. I think I have some deep in a cabinet. With original Vicks VAPORUB blue-glass cans that still have active stuff that works like spirits of turpentine and camphor.

I bet VAPORUB even in the modern formulations would have a significant effect on Coronabola.  Eucalyptus is part of the formulation isn't it, not just camphor?

I note that eucalyptus has levels of THC therin;  koala bears are reputed to spend their lives high as a kite due to their restrictive diet...

Have any studies been conducted on cannabis treatments for the Coronabola virii fambly?  I would like to volunteer as a study participant, provided the isolation is strong as is the "medication"...

-p

albrecht

Quote from: pate on March 12, 2020, 11:23:06 PM
I bet VAPORUB even in the modern formulations would have a significant effect on Coronabola.  Eucalyptus is part of the formulation isn't it, not just camphor?

I note that eucalyptus has levels of THC therin;  koala bears are reputed to spend their lives high as a kite due to their restrictive diet...

Have any studies been conducted on cannabis treatments for the Coronabola virii fambly?  I would like to volunteer as a study participant, provided the isolation is strong as is the "medication"...

-p

It does! Though I cant read much on the old jars. New off-brand ones do mention eucalypus at 1.2%. Low as far as  think. But I'm more concerned with the lacking of various volatile mineral spirits in new formulations.

Did you know that Pine-Sol no longer has Pine Oil?

We need to get back to natural sources.

pate

Quote from: albrecht on March 12, 2020, 11:36:27 PM

It does! Though I cant read much on the old jars. New off-brand ones do mention eucalypus at 1.2%. Low as far as  think. But I'm more concerned with the lacking of various volatile mineral spirits in new formulations.

Did you know that Pine-Sol no loner has Pine Oil?

We need to get back to natural sources.

Pine-Sol?  Never a fan of it, although my German ex-girlfriend turned me onto this crap from India called "Dettol" that seemed like a Pine-Sol knock-off disinfectant.  I still have a bottle of it around, used it last to bathe the puppy Mongo and was amazed at the fresh pine scent he carried for weeks...

I do recall in the Army during MOS training, there were gallon jugs of some stuff that was basically Pine-Sol (probably was without the trademarked label) that we used to mop floors.  That stuff has to be available in the Military Surplus world, surely had a NSN...

On VapoRub:  I bought a-jillion jars of the stuff when my unit was briefly mobilized to deal with the Haiti earf-quake back in 2011.  I wanted it mainly to smear on my upper lip if the dead body smell got too bad (think I saw an NCIS episode or something).  I got more than I thought I would need to share with my fellow warriors (and because I had some MSA/HSA card for that year with a bunch of dollars that needed spending).  I have over the years "found" that it is a pretty good mild anteseptic;  works decent against athelete's foot & ring-worm type stuff; although you actual anti-fungals are better/take less thyme...

I think it is petroleum jelly not mineral spirits though with the VapoRub...

-p

ediot:  I am interested to see if there are "runs" on Dr. Tichenor's, VapoRub, Dettol & other stuff named in the past few posts in the coming weaks...

albrecht

Quote from: pate on March 12, 2020, 11:51:40 PM
Pine-Sol?  Never a fan of it, although my German ex-girlfriend turned me onto this crap from India called "Dettol" that seemed like a Pine-Sol knock-off disinfectant.  I still have a bottle of it around, used it last to bathe the puppy Mongo and was amazed at the fresh pine scent he carried for weeks...

I do recall in the Army during MOS training, there were gallon jugs of some stuff that was basically Pine-Sol (probably was without the trademarked label) that we used to mop floors.  That stuff has to be available in the Military Surplus world, surely had a NSN...

On VapoRub:  I bought a-jillion jars of the stuff when my unit was briefly mobilized to deal with the Haiti earf-quake back in 2011.  I wanted it mainly to smear on my upper lip if the dead body smell got too bad (think I saw an NCIS episode or something).  I got more than I thought I would need to share with my fellow warriors (and because I had some MSA/HSA card for that year with a bunch of dollars that needed spending).  I have over the years "found" that it is a pretty good mild anteseptic;  works decent against athelete's foot & ring-worm type stuff; although you actual anti-fungals are better/take less thyme...

I think it is petroleum jelly not mineral spirits though with the VapoRub...

-p

ediot:  I am interested to see if there are "runs" on Dr. Tichenor's, VapoRub, Dettol & other stuff named in the past few posts in the coming weaks...

Lydia E Pinkham for the weakwilled n non-hackers. The original Vicks had mineral spirits I'm fairly sure. But wood derived and etc also good. Key is volatitity, smell, and absorbtion.

And, yes, Vicks is awesome for corpse, diaper changing, dealing with demos. etc. Thank you for your service. I say this as joke and serious.

Jackstar

Quote from: Asuka Langley on March 12, 2020, 07:23:35 PM

Looks cozy. I'll take it. The whore can stay if she can churn butter and shred cabbage. Stuff the dog. *

*: In Minecraft.

pate

Quote from: Jackstar on March 13, 2020, 12:57:32 AM
Looks cozy. I'll take it. The whore can stay if she can churn butter and shred cabbage. Stuff the dog. *

*: In Minecraft.

I just wish two note that thar's too (or tree) dawgs in that pick-sure...

-p

ediot: bonus vidya https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qgBjoL_auM (warning preceding vidya may not be per-fesh-n-all for work & stuff...)

Jackstar

when you mix it with water it "milkifies" similar to what happens with absinthe, pastis, etc.

This makes for the most perfect late Valentine's Day gift. Thanks pate, your brilliance exceeds all measure.

I figure it is not safe for drinking

We're gonna fuckin' find out, tell you what what.