• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coronavirus 2020

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 23, 2020, 11:29:38 PM

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 07, 2020, 05:28:23 PM
Thank you, Biden’s dark winter! ::)

Raisins can be had in abundance, of course, but it has been many a year since we were forced to spend Christmas without currants.  I think the last was the dread blizzard of '03 when the egg nog shortage, discovered after snowshoeing to the store on Christmas Eve, forced me to make it on the porch in a giant steel bowl nestled in a drift, with a measly dozen yolks among the crowd of us.  It wasn't quite the five loaves and two small fishes but it was close.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 07, 2020, 05:26:09 PM
I can't; there are no currants to be had anywhere around here.  Of all the casualties of the supply-chain disruptions I never would have figured on currants, but here we are.  It will be a terrible, dark Christmas.
I thought they could grow up there? I can't even ever find them in the stores here, much less actually grow them. Only in jelly form sometimes. I like them raw. I love their tartness (I'm talking red currants) and wish I could grow them or just buy them more easily.

Now that Kamala apparently won the virus will disappear. I've noticed already lack of masking and CNN no longer running 24/7 Corona-Chan death counts. And non-masked celebrations/protests are allowed, again. Lots of non-masks at football games but they still locked down number of fans and no tailgating.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on November 07, 2020, 05:38:08 PM
I thought they could grow up there? I can't even ever find them in the stores here, much less actually grow them. Only in jelly form sometimes. I like them raw. I love their tartness (I'm talking red currants) and wish I could grow them or just buy them more easily.

They do grow up here but I don't know anyone with a bush.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 07, 2020, 05:37:33 PM
Raisins can be had in abundance, of course, but it has been many a year since we were forced to spend Christmas without currants.  I think the last was the dread blizzard of '03 when the egg nog shortage, discovered after snowshoeing to the store on Christmas Eve, forced me to make it on the porch in a giant steel bowl nestled in a drift, with a measly dozen yolks among the crowd of us.  It wasn't quite the five loaves and two small fishes but it was close.
Gløgg could be a substitute for eggnog, and less filling- so less fatties forming. But really why not both? Do you make your own egg nog? It is so good I don't know why it is only a Christmas season drink? And fortifying. And you can get arguments over what kind of booze to use. I advocate all them- whiskey,  brandy, and rum. I don't favor whisky in Eggnog though.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 07, 2020, 05:37:33 PM

Ye were warned! Ye were all warned!!

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on November 07, 2020, 05:42:42 PM
Gløgg could be a substitute for eggnog, and less filling- so less fatties forming. But really why not both? Do you make your own egg nog? It is so good I don't know why it is only a Christmas season drink? And fortifying. And you can get arguments over what kind of booze to use. I advocate all them- whiskey,  brandy, and rum. I don't favor whisky in Eggnog though.

Gløgg is delicious but it is pure sugar and alcohol.  With egg nog there is quite a bit of nutrition.  I have made it, but only under duress since there is a good dairy here that takes it seriously and doesn't tart it up with cinnamon swirl and pumpkin and all manner of ghastly modern horrors like corn syrup.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on November 07, 2020, 05:38:08 PM

Now that Kamala apparently won the virus will disappear. I've noticed already lack of masking and CNN no longer running 24/7 Corona-Chan death counts. And non-masked celebrations/protests are allowed, again. Lots of non-masks at football games but they still locked down number of fans and no tailgating.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 07, 2020, 05:47:38 PM
Gløgg is delicious but it is pure sugar and alcohol.  With egg nog there is quite a bit of nutrition.  I have made it, but only under duress since there is a good dairy here that takes it seriously and doesn't tart it up with cinnamon swirl and pumpkin and all manner of ghastly modern horrors like corn syrup.
Indeed. Eggnog is fortifying and healthy.

I hate those extra seasonal spices in eggnog, coffee etc.. I'm not sure if it is the same thing, or not. But there is place down here that serves Milk Punch, which uses ice cream, at their Sunday brunch. Very good. Eggnog seems to be a bit thicker. Oddly I don't like milk. But love eggnog and milk punch. I wonder why?  ;)
https://www.texascooking.com/recipes/milk-punch-green-pastures.htm

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 07, 2020, 05:46:07 PM

Ye were warned! Ye were all warned!!

This is the last year we can say Merry Christmas, too  :(  From now on it's just Chuckanah and sad little blue cookies for everyone.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 07, 2020, 05:42:26 PM
They do grow up here but I don't know anyone with a bush.
If they grow- plant some!  And cast seeds everywhere so more can enjoy them.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 07, 2020, 05:54:41 PM
This is the last year we can say Merry Christmas, too  :(  From now on it's just Chuckanah and sad little blue cookies for everyone.

Real Christians are willing to be martyred for their belief. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on November 07, 2020, 05:56:23 PM
If they grow- plant some!  And cast seeds everywhere so more can enjoy them.

Yeah, stop being such a lazy ass! >:(

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 07, 2020, 05:54:41 PM
And then there will be insurrections and controversies over the spelling of Hanukah or whatever it is called. B'Nai brith will be at arms with Chabad about it. As will the dueling Kosher certification groups over who will get the majority of the Goyim's Kosher tax! I've already noted the sheer volume of blue lights at what, formerly, was called the Christmas aisles at my local Home Depot, which of course is always two holidays ahead. Like magazines where you get the September issue in August.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on November 07, 2020, 05:54:17 PM
Indeed. Eggnog is fortifying and healthy.

I hate those extra seasonal spices in eggnog, coffee etc.. I'm not sure if it is the same thing, or not. But there is place down here that serves Milk Punch, which uses ice cream, at their Sunday brunch. Very good. Eggnog seems to be a bit thicker. Oddly I don't like milk. But love eggnog and milk punch. I wonder why?  ;)
https://www.texascooking.com/recipes/milk-punch-green-pastures.htm

Milk punch!  That is a new one on me.  Of course you are just in it for the booze.

Egg nog is tricky.  You will find a lot of recipes that tell you to beat the whites stiff and fold in, which makes it frothy and light, but I have always held that the base into which you stir it, consisting mostly of whipped cream and yolks, is the superior beverage, far richer and boozier and closer to advocaat or Mexican rompope, and isn't enhanced in the least by the presence of all those whites.  Make a pavlova or something with them, or just drink them raw the next day like a champion before throwing your dumbbells around.

Been awhile since I've checked the big board.  Looks like India is catching up to the US quickly. Also looks like American Samoa remains Covid free.  If I recall correctly, they avoided the Spanish Flu completely too.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 07, 2020, 05:57:27 PM
Real Christians are willing to be martyred for their belief. ;)

You will have to pry my egg nog out of my cold, dead fingers.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 07, 2020, 06:03:49 PM
You will have to pry my egg nog out of my cold, dead fingers.

There’s hope for you yet, K_Dubb. One day you may even talk to an empty chair. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 07, 2020, 06:03:17 PM
Been awhile since I've checked the big board.  Looks like India is catching up to the US quickly. Also looks like American Samoa remains Covid free.  If I recall correctly, they avoided the Spanish Flu completely too.
So the whomping sticks are not effective against Corona-Chan? Or did the new strain develop stick immunity.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 07, 2020, 06:02:15 PM
Milk punch!  That is a new one on me.  Of course you are just in it for the booze.

Egg nog is tricky.  You will find a lot of recipes that tell you to beat the whites stiff and fold in, which makes it frothy and light, but I have always held that the base into which you stir it, consisting mostly of whipped cream and yolks, is the superior beverage, far richer and boozier and closer to advocaat or Mexican rompope, and isn't enhanced in the least by the presence of all those whites.  Make a pavlova or something with them, or just drink them raw the next day like a champion before throwing your dumbbells around.
Advocaat is also the Dutch word for lawyer and the drink supposedly, due to the creaminess and fortifying properties, are good for those who need to speak at length. 

With all of the alarmism over 'raw eggs' I've always been a bit suspicious of making eggnog myself, though I would think the alcohol would kill whatever possible salmonella. And I think most of those notices are just from lawyers.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on November 07, 2020, 06:39:03 PM
Advocaat is also the Dutch word for lawyer and the drink supposedly, due to the creaminess and fortifying properties, are good for those who need to speak at length. 

With all of the alarmism over 'raw eggs' I've always been a bit suspicious of making eggnog myself, though I would think the alcohol would kill whatever possible salmonella. And I think most of those notices are just from lawyers.

Pfff I laugh at salmonella, even with galloping Aids!  Eggedosis is our national celebration beverage.  Every 17.mai a dozen raw yolks a head.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 07, 2020, 06:19:07 PM
There’s hope for you yet, K_Dubb. One day you may even talk to an empty chair. ;)

I am not going out the in door with you.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 07, 2020, 07:54:22 PM
I am not going out the in door with you.

Yes you will and then you’ll taste the exhilaration of freedom and be addicted for life.  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 07, 2020, 08:19:31 PM
taste the exhilaration of freedom and be addicted for life.

FALSE.

Addiction is easily curable. Don't bother asking your doctor. They did not get the memo. but that particular affliction got its code cracked quite a while ago.

However, as they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him stop drinking his own piss. Addiction to anything remains a real problem that requires real solutions, but physical addiction--really, the only kind--no longer needs to be a lifelong problem that can never be dealt with other than to suffer and struggle. Anyone sitting around crying about their addiction saying how horrible it is and they can't do anything about it is a f****** liar and get their ass to f****** work and get therapy done and f****** do the job and break the f****** cycle. This especially applies to codependency and alcohol, but they're really two of the easiest things to fix when somebody stops being a big f****** whiny crybaby.

A psychological addiction is really more of a dependence, although definitions vary.

Hey, wait a second, Doctor--I thought you were the faggot.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on November 07, 2020, 08:23:46 PM
FALSE.

Addiction is easily curable. Don't bother asking your doctor. They did not get the memo. but that particular affliction got its code cracked quite a while ago.

However, as they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him stop drinking his own piss. Addiction anything remains a real problem that requires real solutions, but physical addiction--really, the only kind--no longer needs to be a lifelong problem that can never be dealt with other than to suffer and struggle. anyone sitting around crying about their addiction saying how horrible it is and they can't do anything about it is a f****** liar and get their ass to f****** work and get therapy done and f****** do the job and break the f****** cycle. This especially applies to codependency and alcohol, but you're really too the easiest things to fix when somebody stops being a big f****** whiny crybaby.

A psychological addiction is really more of a dependence, although definitions vary.

Hey, wait a second, Doctor--I thought you were the faggot.

Projection on your part.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 07, 2020, 08:25:11 PM
Projection on your part.

Add a little more semen to the fluoride you're gargling, You absolutely relentless Mongoloid faggot bastard. Who's f****** side of you on anyway? Why do you just not want to get off false hope? It's not false a****** they did it. There's ways to do it, it's curable. Shut up. Go back to finishing school. I'm so disgusted with your bad science and I'm not even gonna proofread

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on November 07, 2020, 08:28:14 PM
Add a little more semen to the fluoride you're gargling, You absolutely relentless Mongoloid faggot bastard. Who's f****** side of you on anyway? Why do you just not want to get off false hope? It's not false a****** they did it. There's ways to do it, it's curable. Shut up. Go back to finishing school. I'm so disgusted with your bad science and I'm not even gonna proofread

You can go fuck yourself too, methhead. Why not just more walls of text about Rubini, you fucking hack?

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 07, 2020, 08:31:05 PM
You can go fuck yourself too, methhead.

Head? Actually, I put it up my ass. Perhaps you should try it sometime, it might help with your clearly debilitating attitude problem.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 07, 2020, 08:31:05 PM
Why not just more walls of text about Rubini, you fucking hack?

Dude, I'm not working for Rubini. We've been over this. Further, I'm not working for anybody at all, so it's hard to imagine that I could be hacking.

I'm sorry that my existence, lifestyle, and truth in reality is not to your liking, but the simple fact of the matter is you're a mainstream media mouthpiece shill, no better than the shit on anyone else's shingle, except you are fundamentally a milquetoast bought out gladhanding obsequious lickspittle hatchet man, and I am not, and my girlfriend is hotter than yours, and that is what makes all the difference between you and I.

Why don't you post a wall of text sometime? Can't you find a cute little video or a nice little emoticon for that? Maybe Rubini can hook you up with one. He's probably not taking your calls, though, huh?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on November 07, 2020, 08:46:02 PM
Head? Actually, I put it up my ass. Perhaps you should try it sometime, it might help with your clearly debilitating attitude problem.

Dude, I'm not working for Rubini. We've been over this. Further, I'm not working for anybody at all, so it's hard to imagine that I could be hacking.

I'm sorry that my existence, lifestyle, and truth in reality is not to your liking, but the simple fact of the matter is you're a mainstream media mouthpiece shill, no better than the shit on anyone else's shingle, except you are fundamentally a milquetoast bought out gladhanding obsequious lickspittle hatchet man, and I am not, and my girlfriend is hotter than yours, and that is what makes all the difference between you and I.

Why don't you post a wall of text sometime? Can't you find a cute little video or a nice little emoticon for that? Maybe Rubini can hook you up with one. He's probably not taking your calls, though, huh?

Neck yourself. Garrote!

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 07, 2020, 05:23:11 PM
Get back in the kitchen, nancy and make me some chelsea buns. [snaps fingers]

whiteknigt1993 does it better.

https://youtu.be/5qFVUYBWfGw

Just sayin'

-p