• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Did Art (mostly) copy In Search Of?

Started by makisupa, November 26, 2019, 04:36:22 AM

makisupa

I run the old 70s Nimoy show in the background while coding at work ... I've listened to it waaay too many times over the years.

I also used Art to distract me in a graveyard IT job while doing homework through the mid 90s.

I've thought MANY times that Art might have just been a wingnut radio douche who used In Search Of as a playbook ...

Does that ring a bell with anyone else?

MV/Liberace!

I think it's possible we might never have heard of Art Bell without In Search Of, but I guess we will never know if he ripped it off, necessarily.

VC

Quote from: makisupa on November 26, 2019, 04:36:22 AM
I've thought MANY times that Art might have just been a wingnut radio douche who used In Search Of as a playbook ...

Does that ring a bell with anyone else?

Art was sponsored by Bigelow early on, and because he lived near Area 51 (Vegas/Bigelow) and was directly involved promoting all the UFO MIC/MIB subversive PSYOPS, Lear/LMH etc., I don't think In Search Of had anything to do with what he did other than it was also part of Paranormal Entertainment.

AB was also under this expanding umbrella of such entertainment and MIC/MIB subversive operations, and he probably was more influenced by that 1950's UFO Paranormal Radio Show in NYC. Someone will recall that radio show and host? ? ? AB started in radio in the USAF, was a ham radio geek too, so I think he was "a tool" for the MIC/MIB to promote their agenda when needed. But he expanded it beyond those roots for radio.

I'm certain he would have watched those In Search Of shows, but I don't see these as his source materials. He had his own "handlers" running him as needed. Look into Bigelow and the cast of puppets like LMH, Lear, Father Martin for the AB radio roots. AB was part of those agendas.

albrecht

Quote from: VC on November 28, 2019, 05:17:09 PM
Art was sponsored by Bigelow early on, and because he lived near Area 51 (Vegas/Bigelow) and was directly involved promoting all the UFO MIC/MIB subversive PSYOPS, Lear/LMH etc., I don't think In Search Of had anything to do with what he did other than it was also part of Paranormal Entertainment.

AB was also under this expanding umbrella of such entertainment and MIC/MIB subversive operations, and he probably was more influenced by that 1950's UFO Paranormal Radio Show in NYC. Someone will recall that radio show and host? ? ? AB started in radio in the USAF, was a ham radio geek too, so I think he was "a tool" for the MIC/MIB to promote their agenda when needed. But he expanded it beyond those roots for radio.

I'm certain he would have watched those In Search Of shows, but I don't see these as his source materials. He had his own "handlers" running him as needed. Look into Bigelow and the cast of puppets like LMH, Lear, Father Martin for the AB radio roots. AB was part of those agendas.

Longjohn Nebel is the guy I think of whom you are thinking. He also, as I recall, married to a gal, Candy(?,) who claimed a MKUltra mind-control victim and/or "Manchurian Candidate" or programmed CIA asset.

henge0stone

I don't really think so. You can basically say every paranormal or strange phenomenon investigating show was influence by In Search Of but that doesn't make them a copy. Long John Nebel did a paranormal show in the 50s which was more art bell ish than In Search Of. Based on the tiny amount of Nebel shows that are even around today I doubt he even heard of Nebel. Like other posters said it was likely that he lived around Area 51 and saw a UFO that pushed him into more strange and unexplained topics.  That and seer boredom of the regular news topics over and over again.

DanTSX

Quote from: henge0stone on December 01, 2019, 08:42:12 AM
I don't really think so. You can basically say every paranormal or strange phenomenon investigating show was influence by In Search Of but that doesn't make them a copy. Long John Nebel did a paranormal show in the 50s which was more art bell ish than In Search Of. Based on the tiny amount of Nebel shows that are even around today I doubt he even heard of Nebel. Like other posters said it was likely that he lived around Area 51 and saw a UFO that pushed him into more strange and unexplained topics.  That and seer boredom of the regular news topics over and over again.

Yup

Right place.  Right time.   Right skill set and platform.  X files and  Bobby Lazers shit hit and the whole thing took off.