• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Virtue signalling

Started by WOTR, November 23, 2019, 01:31:52 AM

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 12, 2020, 02:22:29 PM
But they make really cute little shorts.

What the HELL is this mister?  It is you is it not? Prancing about on the damned beach. Short shorts and a wife beater.  Unbelievable.  No galoshes. No hazmat gear. No helmet. No visor. No goggles. No mask. No oxygen tank.  No hope. That is no longer the Pacific that you onced loved.  That Pacific is gone - forever. It is now a cauldron of virus, doom, despair and death. 

Have you forgotten or do you rave?

SCRIPPS DISEASE EXPERT SAYS COVID-19 IS IN OCEAN SPRAY â€" ‘I WOULD NOT GO INTO WATER FOR $1 MILLION’

"COVID-19 … like other viruses … is not killed by salt water.  And it can be launched into the air by a crashing wave.

A leading atmospheric chemist at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography says she wants to yell out her window at every surfer, runner, and biker she spots along the San Diego coast."

https://www.radiomalibu.net/scripps-disease-expert-says-covid-19-is-in-ocean-spray-i-would-not-go-into-water-for-1-million/

Jackstar

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 12, 2020, 04:57:00 PM
That is no longer the Pacific that you onced loved.  That Pacific is gone - forever. It is now a cauldron of virus, doom, despair and death. 

VDDD? What am I, chopped liver?

Quote from: Jackstar on September 12, 2020, 05:19:20 PM
VDDD? What am I, chopped liver?

Not at all Jack. Not at all.  As you have not changed your avatar showing yourself waltzing in the deadly ocean spray the assumption is that you have common sense and heeded the Scripp's ladies warnings.

ItsOver

What the HELL is this mister?  It is you is it not? Prancing about on the damned beach. Short shorts and a wife beater.  Unbelievable.  No galoshes. No hazmat gear. No helmet. No visor. No goggles. No mask. No oxygen tank.  No hope. That is no longer the Pacific that you onced loved.  That Pacific is gone - forever. It is now a cauldron of virus, doom, despair and death. 

SCRIPPS DISEASE EXPERT SAYS COVID-19 IS IN OCEAN SPRAY â€" ‘I WOULD NOT GO INTO WATER FOR $1 MILLION’

"COVID-19 … like other viruses … is not killed by salt water.  And it can be launched into the air by a crashing wave.

A leading atmospheric chemist at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography says she wants to yell out her window at every surfer, runner, and biker she spots along the San Diego coast."

https://www.radiomalibu.net/scripps-disease-expert-says-covid-19-is-in-ocean-spray-i-would-not-go-into-water-for-1-million/
K_Dubb.  Dead man walking prancing.

Silphion

My eyes are watering now and I just don't know why.
Is this an  🧅 Onion that I see before me ?
Or are we truly living in a World of Fear ?
Poe's Law has me in a grip like quandary of confusion.

Jackstar

[https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe%27s_Law]Poe's Law[/https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe%27s_Law]

ItsOver

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 12, 2020, 05:54:57 PM
A real shame.   :'(
He will be missed.  But let’s look at the bright side for him.  No more Noory.

K_Dubb

Kim Prather can suck my budgerigar.  The shorts are a calculated social-distance enforcer -- women and children and other superfluous chaff blow before me like the wind, and only the hardiest dare approach.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Silphion on September 12, 2020, 06:28:33 PM
My eyes are watering now and I just don't know why.
Is this an  🧅 Onion that I see before me ?
Or are we truly living in a World of Fear ?
Poe's Law has me in a grip like quandary of confusion.

I am composing my Death Aria and tatting a hankie to delicately receive my final sputum.

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on September 12, 2020, 04:22:34 PM
Ha!  It’s all about the car. 

That is hot.  I will get it wet.  I might even buff it a little.

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 12, 2020, 06:45:02 PM
I am composing my Death Aria and tatting a hankie to delicately receive my final sputum.

Well okay then.  I finally got to use the phrase "Do you rave?" so there is that. Stephen R. Donaldson would be proud.

Silphion

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 12, 2020, 06:48:12 PM
That is hot.  I will get it wet.  I might even buff it a little.

That reminds me ...

https://ew.com/movies/2017/11/01/cool-hand-luke-joy-harmon/

How many times have I seen this film, now?
Might have to watch it one more time, I guess.

ItsOver

Quote from: Silphion on September 12, 2020, 07:00:12 PM
That reminds me ...

https://ew.com/movies/2017/11/01/cool-hand-luke-joy-harmon/

How many times have I seen this film, now?
Might have to watch it one more time, I guess.

“Oh, Lucille!”

pate

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 12, 2020, 06:58:22 PM
Well okay then.  I finally got to use the phrase "Do you rave?" so there is that. Stephen R. Donaldson would be proud.

+19.5!

Jackstar

I finally got to use the phrase "Do you rave?" so there is that.

I've actually been looking for that exact phrase to be used here, the entire time I've been here; and this is the very first time it has been correctly used that I have seen.

It is the best phrase that has ever been written.

Sadly, most people have never, ever encountered it, because the novels that surround, enclose and contain that phrase are some of the most boring s*** that's ever been written. And this is coming from somebody who has read Dostoevsky's "Crime & Punishment". Trust me; it's boring.

Nevertheless: WORTH IT. Hi, Grandad!

Stephen R. Donaldson would be proud.

F*** that guy. What a loser. CUT HIS SHIT! DO IT NOW!

pate

Quote from: Jackstar on September 12, 2020, 09:37:42 PM

Stephen R. Donaldson would be proud.

F*** that guy. What a loser. CUT HIS SHIT! DO IT NOW!

You would probably enjoy this one of his:

Quote from: goodreads.com/series/40386-the-man-who
The Man Who Risked His Partner

by Stephen R. Donaldson

Stephen R. Donaldson is one of America's acclaimed storytellers. But in the 1980s, he published three novels about private investigators Mick Axbrewder and Ginny Fistoulari, as paperback originals under the pseudonym "Reed Stephens." In 2001, Tor published a fourth novel about these characters, The Man Who Fought Alone, this time in hardcover under Donaldson's own name. Now Donaldson has returned to the first three novels in the sequence, rewriting and expanding them. The Man Who Killed His Brother was the first, and this is the second of the three.

Mick "Brew" Axbrewder is a P.I. who's seen better days. Deeply into alcoholism, some time back, he accidentally shot and killed a cop. Worse, the cop turned out to be his brother. Even worse, in a case not long after that, his partner Ginny Fistoulari blew off her own left hand, protecting him and others.

Now Mick works mostly as hired muscle for Ginny. They don't talk much. But their latest client's story doesn't add up. They're going to have to start working better together. And Brew's going to have to face some of his own worst fears...

Pretty good reads, all of them.  A weird dystopian noir detective vibe going on, for some reason I think you would enjoy them.

Jackstar

Quote from: pate on September 12, 2020, 09:50:44 PM

Pretty good reads, all of them.  A weird dystopian noir detective vibe going on, for some reason I think you would enjoy them.

Oh, yeah: I absolutely would love to read those. Unfortunately I'm all out of money cuz I bought Grapefruit a whole bunch of books that she didn't bother to read. I'll see what I can do.

(Are books able to be returned? I wouldn't know.)

Thanks for the tip! You know: usually, I don't say this to people who recommend books to me but... what are you doing later, Sailor?

Jackstar

[attachment=1]

God damn, this is a pretty good f****** thread.

WOTR

I really want to thank-you for bringing up Scripps again. I had nearly forgot just how insane things were at the start of this (not that they are sane, now.)

I cannot believe that Dubb would actually endanger his life by walking that close to a churning cauldron of Covid. I mean, he has not even taken office yet and he appears to be practicing self-harm...

On a side note, the only person who I know that has contracted Covid is over it. She is 98.5 years old, has asthma and COPD. No, I'm not joking. Hearing that she is still among the living is not really ramping up the fear that is necessary to keep me confined to my basement and have me continue shooting strangers who set foot on my property and endanger my life...

*Though I am glad for both her and her daughter that she's doing fine.