• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I would like to thank you for this forum and share my Art Bell tribute song.

Started by txz045, November 22, 2019, 04:58:14 PM

txz045

Hello, I would like to say thank you for the bellgab site/forum. I've been reading here for years and tuning-in via the gabcast as well.

In the same way I reach out to thank shortwave-radio stations and shortwave broadcasters for keeping shortwave radio alive I would like to thank you all for keeping these older style forums alive too.

The social-media giants are overrated of course in comparison. I recall when Art had the now ancient bbs associated with the broadcast. I don't recall interacting with anybody there but I do recall dialing-in when Art would make mention of it.

I found Art on my car radio in the year 1992. I'm not sure what month it was but I am pretty certain it was 1992. I was 17 and living in West Texas. We lived a good ways outside of a little town called Seminole and our house had a big tv-antenna pretty high up. I strung some wire up there and down through my bedroom window to get some far away AM stations. I had caught the AM-Radio bug and the radio bug in general years earlier from grandfather. He used to collect all kinds of radios.

So, anyway upon finding Art I was hooked and for the next decade my sleeping schedule was changed because of that discovery that night sitting in the foggy car. I am now 45 and Art Bell is burned into my existence for all the rest of my days.

Art is part of me so much that some how while writing an album of music over the course of several years, in those years a song about my time listening to Art all through-out the 1990's found it's way on to the album.

The song started on guitar. But I wanted to do a bit of a tribute to some of the pioneers of early synthesizer music and so me and my project partner moved the music over to synth sounds.

The lyrics for the song do not come in until later but they will appear on-screen if anyone would like to check it out. I thank you very kindly for reading my post here and for anyone who chooses to listen to the song.

The song is called DreAMland highlighting the "AM" in 'Dreamland' of course in reference to my love for AM-Radio. I'm attempting to add the song on to this post as an mp4. If that does not work for some reason the song is of course on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EkVyd32wwE

WOTR

Of course, I'm joking. If you have been reading here for years- you would likely recognize that I type overly long winded posts. I do believe that you and I share a very similar writing style. I realized this when you started a paragraph with "So, anyway upon finding Art..."

So, welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around and contribute. The track is really cool. It does take me to a different time and evokes some very strong feelings of nostalgia.

I used to say that that when one of the only thing that tied together a group of people is that they "liked Art" you really got very broad interests, political views and opinions. One of the only things that appears consistent is a certain inquisitiveness and usually intelligence.

That said, this forum seems to have also attracted a lot of very creative people (I'm not one of them.) It appears that in that sense, you would likely fit in well. I'm going to have to check out some of your "non-Art" related work.

*Ediot: Welcome, and post often.  ;)

VC

Really enjoyed the synthesizer music and the ending music too. Art was very much in the faded background, which is a bit too melancholic and sad now that we can't tune-in to hear him anymore, but that's fitting considering he is only here in spirit form. The interference is daunting. But...

Plenty of Art Bell online to listen to, so, hopefully, we can continue to tune-in to our past... cherished memories.

Thanks for sharing your backstory reasons for doing your tribute song... you're one of the lucky few that got to hear Art Bell live when the myth making was original and being born. Live. AM. After midnight.

pate

I register a hemidemisemiquaver on the CHUBB scale with that tribute song, Tezas.

Unfortunately, that is not measurable on my https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8eulIH7tU0 fife do$e microphone...

I am going to classify it as a less than nominal yield non-nuclear event in the South China Sea...

A "twitch" as it were.

That is all, Carrie Anne!

Good stuff, mang.

-p