• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Oh, Canada! ::)

Started by Dr. MD MD, November 13, 2019, 07:28:45 AM

albrecht

Folks in Calgary and in our Western States mad because Xiden cancelled the XL Pipeline so that non-North American producers can make $ and so that people that didn't support him (working-class whites) are punished by job-losses and higher priced fuel. Even Castro Trudeau expresses some 'concerns' about the targeting but this is just window-dressing since he doesn't really care about Canadians, especially those in the West or rural areas. 

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/21/959335885/biden-s-cancellation-of-permit-for-keystone-xl-pipeline-faces-mixed-reactions

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on January 22, 2021, 02:54:15 PM
Folks in Calgary and in our Western States mad because Xiden cancelled the XL Pipeline so that non-North American producers can make $ and so that people that didn't support him (working-class whites) are punished by job-losses and higher priced fuel. Even Castro Trudeau expresses some 'concerns' about the targeting but this is just window-dressing since he doesn't really care about Canadians, especially those in the West or rural areas. 

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/21/959335885/biden-s-cancellation-of-permit-for-keystone-xl-pipeline-faces-mixed-reactions

An accurate analysis and gas prices, of course, are already much higher since Biden.

pate

Quote from: WOTR on January 20, 2021, 09:32:38 PM
... I don't mean the once crying about the wrong pronouns being used...

Once/themthe hobo elites are my prounouns of choice.  I know you were not cix-gendering me with that, but I just wanted to say thanks for acknowledging all those that identify as pate.

HAH.  You use text-to-voice I believe, I have been training those AlGoreRhythms to properly speak "pate" for years, and it is finally beginning to pay off.  I love it.

-p

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 22, 2021, 02:56:03 PM
An accurate analysis and gas prices, of course, are already much higher since Biden.

Well, Trudeau put a price on carbon that increases every year like clockwork. No vote needed. Just wait until your new dictator follows suit and watch your fuel price, heating costs and even produce start skyrocketing in price. It's fun to live in a Liberal utopia.

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on January 22, 2021, 02:54:15 PM

Don't worry. We in the west are 100% aware that it is strictly window-dressing. Trudeau will be thrilled that this cripples our economy even while we send millions to eastern Canada in "transfer payments" while our people and businesses go bankrupt. I really don't know why we are still a part of confederation. *

I am hearing a few guys at work talking of the "maverick party." I have not looked into it at all, but I think there is a real growing frustration that even that two faced cunt Chrysta Freeland cannot stop...

WOTR

Nobody is even talking about, debating or questioning the latest decree of the Canadian soy boi dictator, Justine. What only a year ago would have been a huge question of civil liberties is now just accepted. Canadians returning from trips abroad will now need to pay $2000 to quarantine in government approved hotels with fucking security.

Call it what you want. It is a prison. Just because the armed guard is standing under a sign that says Hyatt instead of penitentiary does not change things. Canadians are not even bothered by the first forced confinements of citizens using this virus as cover because it is at a secure "hotel."

We are fucked. You fucking watch what they expand it to. I just want to leave this here with a date stamp so that I can tell people "I told you so."

“Travelers will then have to wait for up to three days at an approved hotel for their test results, at their own expense, which is expected to be more than $2,000,” Trudeau said.

The steep cost for the hotel stay includes the cost for a private PCR test, SECURITY, food and the cost of measures the designated hotels will have to take to keep their workers safe.

“The cost is a ballparking. This isn’t like any other facility. This is one where there has to be infection prevention control measures, SECURITY and other costs as well. It’s not just a regular stay at a hotel,” said Dr. Theresa Tam, Canada’s chief public health officer and noted WHO globalist cunt.

https://apnews.com/article/cananda-coronavirus-travel-21d1685b076a62025326b0eb4441cd9c

Nobody is talking about this. I'm sure that when it is accepted, Biden will be next in line to adopt our great measures. We sheep have become used to tyranny in the space of a single year.

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on January 30, 2021, 11:55:51 PM
Nobody is even talking about, debating or questioning the latest decree of the Canadian soy boi dictator, Justine. What only a year ago would have been a huge question of civil liberties is now just accepted. Canadians returning from trips abroad will now need to pay $2000 to quarantine in government approved hotels with fucking security.

Call it what you want. It is a prison. Just because the armed guard is standing under a sign that says Hyatt instead of penitentiary does not change things. Canadians are not even bothered by the first forced confinements of citizens using this virus as cover because it is at a secure "hotel."

We are fucked. You fucking watch what they expand it to. I just want to leave this here with a date stamp so that I can tell people "I told you so."

“Travelers will then have to wait for up to three days at an approved hotel for their test results, at their own expense, which is expected to be more than $2,000,” Trudeau said.

The steep cost for the hotel stay includes the cost for a private PCR test, SECURITY, food and the cost of measures the designated hotels will have to take to keep their workers safe.

“The cost is a ballparking. This isn’t like any other facility. This is one where there has to be infection prevention control measures, SECURITY and other costs as well. It’s not just a regular stay at a hotel,” said Dr. Theresa Tam, Canada’s chief public health officer and noted WHO globalist cunt.

https://apnews.com/article/cananda-coronavirus-travel-21d1685b076a62025326b0eb4441cd9c

Nobody is talking about this. I'm sure that when it is accepted, Biden will be next in line to adopt our great measures. We sheep have become used to tyranny in the space of a single year.

I am not sure how it works up there but here crossing the border relieves you of some pretty basic rights and this probably falls under that exception.  It was formerly (like a hundred years ago) common in major ports to have lazarettos or quarantine buildings to keep you if they suspected plague or something.  I'm sure Tam would like to lock everyone down without moving but Turdeau the accountable politician has to balance that with what the populace will tolerate.  If no one is talking about, debating, or questioning it, it sounds like he made a good decision.

Of course you can argue about whether it makes sense to treat this like the plague, or to impose those measures when the virus is circulating freely within the country, or when Canada as a whole only has 1/3 as many deaths per day as California, but the measure itself has ample precedent.  Hell, boarding up citizens in their houses with a red quarantine placard on the door and a policeman standing outside like they used to does, too.

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 31, 2021, 12:32:56 AM
I am not sure how it works up there but here crossing the border relieves you of some pretty basic rights and this probably falls under that exception.  It was formerly (like a hundred years ago) common in major ports to have lazarettos or quarantine buildings to keep you if they suspected plague or something.  I'm sure Tam would like to lock everyone down without moving but Turdeau the accountable politician has to balance that with what the populace will tolerate.  If no one is talking about, debating, or questioning it, it sounds like he made a good decision.

Of course you can argue about whether it makes sense to treat this like the plague, or to impose those measures when the virus is circulating freely within the country, or when Canada as a whole only has 1/3 as many deaths per day as California, but the measure itself has ample precedent.  Hell, boarding up citizens in their houses with a red quarantine placard on the door and a policeman standing outside like they used to does, too.

I think we are going to have to disagree on this. It is not suspected cases (though I suppose that today we are supposed to treat everybody as a suspected case.) It is anybody who is on a plane.

You can argue that it is alright and that piece of human fecal matter at 24 Sussex drive made the correct decision because people are not outraged. I will continue to argue that people should be. The only reason that there is an acceptance is because it will be at a hotel rather than an official "detention facility." Of course, the hotel really is a detention facility- but that fact is conveniently ignored. Also- I'm sure he will say it is "science." But so far no statistics of how many cases they think they will prevent by locking people up rather than simply continuing to legally make the self-quarantine at home when they travel.

This is because we cannot trust people to quarantine at home. I'm sorry- but this is not the plague. This is something survivable by the majority of people. To charge $2000 to every person entering the country is garbage. I would also bet that it will not apply to "businessmen" or politicians as the weasel has said that he does not want to interrupt trade and businesses.

I assume that Covid does not spread via the rich and well connected. Only those who fly economy class.

*I will add that the hotels (that are presently sitting empty and suffering) stand to profit nicely. Justin and company were involved in a scandal a few years back when they rented rooms permanently from Liberal donors who owned hotels for "immigrants." Hundreds of thousands were paid to their donors for empty rooms. Am I supposed to now pretend that the government picking winners and losers in that same industry will be unbiased? A hotel with 100 rooms will rake in almost a quarter million per day thanks to their recent political donation to the "right" party.

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on January 31, 2021, 03:31:29 AM
I think we are going to have to disagree on this. It is not suspected cases (though I suppose that today we are supposed to treat everybody as a suspected case.) It is anybody who is on a plane.

You can argue that it is alright and that piece of human fecal matter at 24 Sussex drive made the correct decision because people are not outraged. I will continue to argue that people should be. The only reason that there is an acceptance is because it will be at a hotel rather than an official "detention facility." Of course, the hotel really is a detention facility- but that fact is conveniently ignored. Also- I'm sure he will say it is "science." But so far no statistics of how many cases they think they will prevent by locking people up rather than simply continuing to legally make the self-quarantine at home when they travel.

This is because we cannot trust people to quarantine at home. I'm sorry- but this is not the plague. This is something survivable by the majority of people. To charge $2000 to every person entering the country is garbage. I would also bet that it will not apply to "businessmen" or politicians as the weasel has said that he does not want to interrupt trade and businesses.

I assume that Covid does not spread via the rich and well connected. Only those who fly economy class.

*I will add that the hotels (that are presently sitting empty and suffering) stand to profit nicely. Justin and company were involved in a scandal a few years back when they rented rooms permanently from Liberal donors who owned hotels for "immigrants." Hundreds of thousands were paid to their donors for empty rooms. Am I supposed to now pretend that the government picking winners and losers in that same industry will be unbiased? A hotel with 100 rooms will rake in almost a quarter million per day thanks to their recent political donation to the "right" party.

Isn't this actually a loosening of restrictions to permit leisure travel for the few people who absolutely must go to Mykonos?  Or, I don't know if you guys have any must-do destinations like that, maybe foreigners coming for the Quebec carnival or something?  Seems to me that propping up a struggling hospitality industry on the backs of wealthy travelers is a masterstroke!  Regular people should be staying home, anyway, not waddling across the border to spread virus all over the duty-free stores and infect my Cole Haans at the outlet mall with that Canadian coof.

Presumably the three days is to get a test, actual quarantine periods are supposed to be around 14 I thought.  I think any relaxation is a sign for optimism, particularly as we are (if the Spanish flu is any indication) in the worst phase now.  Your main problem seems to be that most people aren't upset by this and that you, fearing permanent control, are an outlier.  I think this is accurate.  Logically we should be under the tightest restrictions now given the death charts but instead you see cracks appear.  Public tolerance is waning.

I feel bad for all those countries all over the world that tanked their economies just to get Trump out of office.  They succeeded, and still they suffer; nobody threw a huge reopening party with the public fountains flowing with wine like they did in the Middle Ages  :(

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 31, 2021, 02:12:51 PM
I feel bad for all those countries all over the world that tanked their economies just to get Trump out of office.  They succeeded, and still they suffer

But not for much longer. It'll be gone in a month.

Dr. MD MD

Isn't this actually a loosening of restrictions to permit leisure travel for the few people who absolutely must go to Mykonos?  Or, I don't know if you guys have any must-do destinations like that, maybe foreigners coming for the Quebec carnival or something?  Seems to me that propping up a struggling hospitality industry on the backs of wealthy travelers is a masterstroke!  Regular people should be staying home, anyway, not waddling across the border to spread virus all over the duty-free stores and infect my Cole Haans at the outlet mall with that Canadian coof.

Presumably the three days is to get a test, actual quarantine periods are supposed to be around 14 I thought.  I think any relaxation is a sign for optimism, particularly as we are (if the Spanish flu is any indication) in the worst phase now.  Your main problem seems to be that most people aren't upset by this and that you, fearing permanent control, are an outlier.  I think this is accurate.  Logically we should be under the tightest restrictions now given the death charts but instead you see cracks appear.  Public tolerance is waning.

I feel bad for all those countries all over the world that tanked their economies just to get Trump out of office.  They succeeded, and still they suffer; nobody threw a huge reopening party with the public fountains flowing with wine like they did in the Middle Ages  :(

You’ll still do whatever they tell you to, you obsequious worm. Get back in your gimp box!

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 31, 2021, 02:21:33 PM
But not for much longer. It'll be gone in a month.

That is tests which have their own issues, as you know.  The death rate is still higher than it was last spring, pretty much everywhere.  And still cracks are appearing!  Amazing.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 31, 2021, 02:22:30 PM
You’ll still do whatever they tell you to, you obsequious worm. Get back in your gimp box!

No I still have to make TRUMP cookies.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 31, 2021, 02:33:55 PM
No I still have to make TRUMP cookies.

You still haven’t finished that?! ::)

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on January 31, 2021, 03:31:29 AM

We, using the Royal we, don't even check most containers and ships coming into ports from places like China that are flag of convenienced to places like Liberia that use crews from Indonesia and worse places. But returning citizens have to be quarantined? At their own cost? Here we are buying hotels, or leasing rooms, to host homeless- which, interestingly, are exempted from masking or distancing rules but are allowed to 'camp' almost anywhere.

Conrad Hilton would be laughing: "Be my guest" indeed.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 31, 2021, 02:35:06 PM
You still haven’t finished that?! ::)

No I got distracted.

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 31, 2021, 02:33:15 PM
That is tests which have their own issues, as you know.  The death rate is still higher than it was last spring, pretty much everywhere.  And still cracks are appearing!  Amazing.

Naw. Deaths are collapsing too. Look at that. Two deaths here. Two measly deaths. More mountain folk than that are killed in still explosions here each day.
Trump is gone and he mysteriously took Corona with him. The graph don't lie man.   

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 31, 2021, 02:57:36 PM
Naw. Deaths are collapsing too. Look at that. Two deaths here. Two measly deaths. More mountain folk than that are killed in still explosions here each day.
Trump is gone and he mysteriously took Corona with him. The graph don't lie man.

Conclusion: Corona Chan was an op to get rid of president Trump.

WOTR

Quite the opposite. Until this week, we could (once again) travel to the Caribbean or Mexico. Trudeau will still allow travel, but has banned all "sun destinations" as of this week. As long is the place is cold, we can go. (No word on Florida- I suppose it could be considered a "sun destination?") Oh, and we pay $2000 each to his friends in the hotel business.

The solution to watching public tolerance waning is not to impose more restrictions, tighter controls and more dictatorial decrees until those cracks become outright rebellion. I'm watching people who I know say "fuck it" and taking more and more risks. It could be because until last week our minister of health said "lockdowns are working. Our numbers are getting much better. So we will continue those lockdowns." Now we will be graciously allowed to dine at an establishment (with members of our own household only) again and meet outside (where the low temperatures and snow will presumably keep us from actually exercising our new found rights.) I believe the restrictions were eased because businesses were staring to open in defiance of their orders, and the public was starting to openly rebel.

But I suppose I should be happy that our dictator has not followed in his good friend, Xi's footsteps (yet.)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on January 31, 2021, 03:10:34 PM
Quite the opposite. Until this week, we could (once again) travel to the Caribbean or Mexico. Trudeau will still allow travel, but has banned all "sun destinations" as of this week. As long is the place is cold, we can go. (No word on Florida- I suppose it could be considered a "sun destination?")

The solution to watching public tolerance waning is not to impose more restrictions, tighter controls and more dictatorial decrees until those cracks become outright rebellion. I'm watching people who I know say "fuck it" and taking more and more risks. It could be because until last week our minister of health said "lockdowns are working. Our numbers are getting much better. So we will continue those lockdowns." Now we will be graciously allowed to dine at an establishment (with members of our own household only) again and meet outside (where the low temperatures and snow will presumably keep us from actually exercising our new found rights.)

But I suppose I should be happy that our dictator has not followed in his good friend, Xi's footsteps (yet.)

K_Dudd’s keeping his figers crossed for that.

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on January 31, 2021, 02:38:40 PM
We, using the Royal we, don't even check most containers and ships coming into ports from places like China that are flag of convenienced to places like Liberia that use crews from Indonesia and worse places. But returning citizens have to be quarantined? At their own cost? Here we are buying hotels, or leasing rooms, to host homeless- which, interestingly, are exempted from masking or distancing rules but are allowed to 'camp' almost anywhere.

Conrad Hilton would be laughing: "Be my guest" indeed.

Yeah. We had 7 hotels in this city apply to become "low income housing." The best part? The government will give them a grant to convert them, and then subsidize the rent of their new tenants forever. Sweet deal if you can get it...

"Be our guest", send us your unemployed, your poor and your Sendapotamuses. We have housing.

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on January 31, 2021, 03:17:19 PM
Yeah. We had 7 hotels in this city apply to become "low income housing." The best part? The government will give them a grant to convert them, and then subsidize the rent of their new tenants forever. Sweet deal if you can get it...

"Be our guest", send us your unemployed, your poor and your Sendapotamuses. We have housing.
I'm sure it is happening up there also but what I find hilarious is that actual working-class people, especially of the 'minority' variety complain about gentrification, housing prices soaring, property taxes skyrocketing, and many of their jobs cancelled due to the Virus. Yet City Fathers, and even 'progressive activists' seem to prioritize homeless, junkies, protestors/rioters, drunks, illegals, or, on the other hand- zillionaire dotcom people and large corporate property developers or Big Ag. The middle-class or rural has been ignored for decades but now they even don't care about their supposed 'base'- poor, urban, but working people, especially those 'of color!'

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on January 31, 2021, 03:48:53 PM
I'm sure it is happening up there also but what I find hilarious is that actual working-class people, especially of the 'minority' variety complain about gentrification, housing prices soaring, property taxes skyrocketing, and many of their jobs cancelled due to the Virus. Yet City Fathers, and even 'progressive activists' seem to prioritize homeless, junkies, protestors/rioters, drunks, illegals, or, on the other hand- zillionaire dotcom people and large corporate property developers or Big Ag. The middle-class or rural has been ignored for decades but now they even don't care about their supposed 'base'- poor, urban, but working people, especially those 'of color!'

So, to be clear, I don't have a problem with low income housing, in general. I have a problem with the government giving money to their friends. I used to work with a woman who was abused by her husband and was homeless (literally on the streets) with her kids for a few months until she got a place with low income housing. That allowed her to get the job, that she is still in 15 years later.

I wish that I believed that it was a case of the government doing what is best and most cost effective. But I believe it is their rich friends coming to them saying "we have a problem and would like the tax payer to solve it." We are talking about a government who shut down the two trailer parks that it owned in that last 5 years (the land was in nice areas, and "fuck the low income residents who had been there for up to 4 decades.")

The kicker is that was not even subsidized housing. The people all paid their lot rent. But the city decided that they could make more selling to a developer and kicked out people who really could not afford to move to a rental unit (also likely owned by their developer friends) and most lost their houses because they were too old to be accepted anywhere else and too expensive to move.*

*And I'm the "right wing" individual with a "progressive" government? How does this even make sense anymore?

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on January 31, 2021, 04:53:28 PM
So, to be clear, I don't have a problem with low income housing, in general. I have a problem with the government giving money to their friends. I used to work with a woman who was abused by her husband and was homeless (literally on the streets) with her kids for a few months until she got a place with low income housing. That allowed her to get the job, that she is still in 15 years later.

I wish that I believed that it was a case of the government doing what is best and most cost effective. But I believe it is their rich friends coming to them saying "we have a problem and would like the tax payer to solve it." We are talking about a government who shut down the two trailer parks that it owned in that last 5 years (the land was in nice areas, and "fuck the low income residents who had been there for up to 4 decades.")

The kicker is that was not even subsidized housing. The people all paid their lot rent. But the city decided that they could make more selling to a developer and kicked out people who really could not afford to move to a rental unit (also likely owned by their developer friends) and most lost their houses because they were too old to be accepted anywhere else and too expensive to move.*

*And I'm the "right wing" individual with a "progressive" government? How does this even make sense anymore?
I understand. Nobody wants homeless people. And the same thing happens here. There were some trailer parks WELL ESTABLISHED with consistent payers. Most gone. I think a Coen Brothers movie even filmed in one. One of their first with the Big Guy married to the larger lady.

And there are REAL people, organizations, churches, etc who care- and more importantly do- things about homeless.  But it is has become a political deal. Like teachers who don't want to teach children- but still get paid for it. Because they have clout. And a social deal- not an actual search for solutions. Politicians who claim 'keep it weird,' 'don't gentrify', 'support local businesses' 'we want minorities' but shut down everything- except Home Depots and grant tax abatement, zoning changes, etc  deals to Apple and Telsa or some hedgefunders. And a new soccer team. And land developers who churn black neighborhoods into condos, often after the City pays outside 'consultants' to discuss ramifications.

But IF you have a small business or restaurant and CAN actually open up- it is legal for a junkie camp near your doorway- because THAT is good for him or for business? Or your own house and you want to expand a deck? Impervious cover, redtape,

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 31, 2021, 02:57:36 PM

Bah that was just yesterday, not updated yet.  You can't fool me.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 31, 2021, 03:01:27 PM
Conclusion: Corona Chan was an op to get rid of president Trump.

But you can fool doc hahaha  ;D what a goober

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 31, 2021, 06:25:37 PM
Bah that was just yesterday, not updated yet.  You can't fool me.

So you are saying bean counters don't work on Sunday?

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on January 31, 2021, 03:10:34 PM
Quite the opposite. Until this week, we could (once again) travel to the Caribbean or Mexico. Trudeau will still allow travel, but has banned all "sun destinations" as of this week. As long is the place is cold, we can go. (No word on Florida- I suppose it could be considered a "sun destination?") Oh, and we pay $2000 each to his friends in the hotel business.

The solution to watching public tolerance waning is not to impose more restrictions, tighter controls and more dictatorial decrees until those cracks become outright rebellion. I'm watching people who I know say "fuck it" and taking more and more risks. It could be because until last week our minister of health said "lockdowns are working. Our numbers are getting much better. So we will continue those lockdowns." Now we will be graciously allowed to dine at an establishment (with members of our own household only) again and meet outside (where the low temperatures and snow will presumably keep us from actually exercising our new found rights.) I believe the restrictions were eased because businesses were staring to open in defiance of their orders, and the public was starting to openly rebel.

Oh ok, I guess he cited new, more-contagious variants.  I don't know; it seems to me a constant running battle between Tam types who want to weld the doors shut )to be fair, that is an understandable position for a doctor purely looking at health without economic concerns -- that is the job of the politician) and people rebelling in the provinces is how governments work through these things democratically.  You guys seem to fall somewhere in the middle between us and, say, Australia, where one guy with a positive test shuts down a whole city.  Sensible, middle-of-the-road, very Canadian.