• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Abortion

Started by Jojo, May 17, 2019, 11:19:34 PM

Jojo

Quote from: Sugaree on July 09, 2019, 01:37:13 PM
What would you make the limit if there was a limit?
I hate surgical/in-patient type abortion, but I'm pro-choice.  So, for the typical woman, I would personally make it a limit of 2 surgical/inpatient-type abortions, although I would compromise to 3 if that was the only way to get a limit established.  Thank you for asking.

I would not count, toward the limit, abortions from child rape, rape, incest, or to save the mother's life or serious aspects of her health (not just regular harmless stretch marks...).  I also would not count abortions of people deemed or to-be-deemed incompetent (but would find some solution to the problem, especially if it were basically rape).  I also would not consider not counting abortions of people who seriously cannot use birth control for medical reasons (allergic to the pill, allergic to latex, can't reach to put in cervical cap, don't qualify for surgery, etc...)--but that should be very rare or never since there is such an assortment of birth control available including non-latex condoms.  Since this part involves men, it opens up a whole new area to deal with, but anyhow, these are my practical ideals.

Sugaree

Quote from: Sixteen on July 09, 2019, 01:58:33 PM
I hate surgical/in-patient type abortion, but I'm pro-choice.  So, for the typical woman, I would personally make it a limit of 2 surgical/inpatient-type abortions, although I would compromise to 3 if that was the only way to get a limit established.  Thank you for asking.

I would not count, toward the limit, abortions from child rape, rape, incest, or to save the mother's life or serious aspects of her health (not just regular harmless stretch marks...).  I also would not count abortions of people deemed or to-be-deemed incompetent (but would find some solution to the problem, especially if it were basically rape).  I also would not consider not counting abortions of people who seriously cannot use birth control for medical reasons (allergic to the pill, allergic to latex, can't reach to put in cervical cap, don't qualify for surgery, etc...)--but that should be very rare or never since there is such an assortment of birth control available including non-latex condoms.  Since this part involves men, it opens up a whole new area to deal with, but anyhow, these are my practical ideals.
I have heard of some pill you can pay for for around  4,000 and then losing the baby over the toilet is fairly common. That wouldn't count as surgical/in-patient right?
This has become an interest for me recently. I have been doing some research and have found most of it shocking.
There a lot of circumstances that can result in an abortion but sometimes they just did not take the right precautions.

Lack of contraceptive and standard preventive care is why there are so many under the table abortions in the Philippines.
It is not a crime to get a hold of contraceptives over in North America but yet it still happens.
I fear this will always be an issue and something to be discussed.

Jojo

Quote from: Sugaree on July 09, 2019, 02:09:06 PM
I have heard of some pill you can pay for for around  4,000 and then losing the baby over the toilet is fairly common. That wouldn't count as surgical/in-patient right?
This has become an interest for me recently. I have been doing some research and have found most of it shocking.
There a lot of circumstances that can result in an abortion but sometimes they just did not take the right precautions.

Lack of contraceptive and standard preventive care is why there are so many under the table abortions in the Philippines.
It is not a crime to get a hold of contraceptives over in North America but yet it still happens.
I guess it doesn't fit the surgical or in-patient idea.  But for the limits, if that pill is legal and taken in late stage pregnancy, maybe it should have a legal limit too.  But the price is a barrier!  I don't know how much abortion costs, either.  I'm curious about that pill, but I can only keep one tab open right now (sorry cookies), and it's for Bellgab.  If you have any info to post, that would be great!

I agree a lot of unwanted pregnancies come just from not using birth control

For those who don't know, many DSHS offices have free condoms in the ladies' room

Jackstar

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on July 10, 2019, 08:51:40 PM

U.S. warring has also killed tens of millions of people.  Anyhow, all the more reason to establish a legal limit in surgical or in-patient type abortions for most women.

[attachment=1,msg1339872]

paladin1991

I've read that abortion has claimed the lives of over 60 million Americans who never had the chance to draw breathe.  Fuck me.  I've seen some heinous shit in my life, but that, that makes my blood run cold.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 05, 2020, 04:57:01 AM
I've read that abortion has claimed the lives of over 60 million Americans who never had the chance to draw breathe.  Fuck me.  I've seen some heinous shit in my life, but that, that makes my blood run cold.

Too bad pates retarded mom had him Instead of swallowing

albrecht

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 05, 2020, 04:57:01 AM

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1053&context=etas

Hog

Quote from: Sugaree on July 09, 2019, 02:09:06 PM

There is RU-486 which is the drugs mifepristone/misoprostol. "In the United States it generally costs more than US$200 for a course of treatment as of 2018, though this may range from US$110 to US$360"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mifepristone

I cant believe I remembered U-486, I remember seeing a TV show about it in the 80's or 90's.

peace
Hog

paladin1991

Quote from: Hog on March 12, 2020, 04:33:10 PM
There is RU-486 which is the drugs mifepristone/misoprostol. "In the United States it generally costs more than US$200 for a course of treatment as of 2018, though this may range from US$110 to US$360"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mifepristone

I cant believe I remembered U-486, I remember seeing a TV show about it in the 80's or 90's.

peace
Hog

RU-486.  Isn't that also the Uboat that carried Hitler to Argentina?