• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your very own font!

Started by EvB, May 08, 2009, 08:24:37 PM

EvB

You all likely know that unless the person who is looking at your electronic data has the font you used on their machine or network - they will see a replacement font.

You can, however, turn documents into images.

I made this handwritten font at http://www.yourfonts.com/  (I'm NOT an affiliate) and am using an image to give you a peek:

WOAH! That hella neat. I would use it.  ;D

EvB

Well - if you want (for whatever unique reason  ;) ) to ue my handwriting (or odd printing as it were) - you're welcome to download the font to your machine.  It's True Type - should work on most platforms and application.

HERE YOU GO -- Available for 7 days.  Be my guest! 

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on May 09, 2009, 03:34:09 PM
Well - if you want (for whatever unique reason  ;) ) to ue my handwriting (or odd printing as it were) - you're welcome to download the font to your machine.  It's True Type - should work on most platforms and application.

HERE YOU GO -- Available for 7 days.  Be my guest!

Sweet now we can send out ransom notes and shit in your handwriting, um, is it ok if I use it for you to write me a check I am in need of some funds for things you know, maybe a new Mac  ;D

EvB

Quote from: Centurion73 on May 09, 2009, 07:13:47 PM
Sweet now we can send out ransom notes and shit in your handwriting, um, is it ok if I use it for you to write me a check I am in need of some funds for things you know, maybe a new Mac  ;D

HaHA!

Let's see - I'm a working grad student - but can only manage 1/2 time (20 hours a week) and keep up with classes.  My son is unemployed and applying to grad schools - I've helped him financially as much as possible and paid for his GRE prep class. My dog has Lyme disease and those tests are PRICEY (though I have the most reasonable vet I've ever known and he's never socked it too me in the $ department.) He's also back in training for the summer since I've been working from home now since just after Christmas and his public manners are shot to hell (he's a service dog - and must be on best behavior in public) and, while I do get a good discount - I'm stil popping close to $400 bucks for the next three months of training. My car needs new struts. Summer tution has gone out, and the reburse has not come in - so my checking account is in the red. (thank the lord for having enough co-op points to not have to pay for this red!)  I don't do credit cards, only debit.

Hmmmm . . .  Just HOW FAR (in the finacial realm) do you think my hand will take you?   ;:)

Good luck!

Centurion73

Quote(though I have the most reasonable vet I've ever known and he's never socked it too me in the $ department.)

OH, do tell what department he may have socked it to you in  ;D.
Sorry sometime I just cant help myself.

As a service dog is there no grant or organization that can help defray that cost that is a lot of money to lay out.

QuoteHmmmm . . .  Just HOW FAR (in the finacial realm) do you think my hand will take you?

Damn you for being smart enough to put (financial realm in there)  ;D. I could ask my grant writer if they know of any help for you in the service dog area if you want to tell me what area if service here or in a PM if you like. I am sure there has to be some federal grant to cover that. I do know if your VET and or MD writes an Rx saying the training is mandated that insurance must cover it.

MV/Liberace!

son of a bitch. 

i just spent 20 minutes creating my font only to find that i have to pay at the end of it all.  i guess i should have taken note of your "i'm not an affiliate" qualifier.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 10, 2009, 09:56:34 PM
son of a bitch. 

i just spent 20 minutes creating my font only to find that i have to pay at the end of it all.  i guess i should have taken note of your "i'm not an affiliate" qualifier.

Err - yeah - it's about $15 bucks.  Was worth it to me - but I guess you have to have a reason to want your own hand in a font!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on May 10, 2009, 10:01:07 PM
Err - yeah - it's about $15 bucks.  Was worth it to me - but I guess you have to have a reason to want your own hand in a font!
why $15?  it's $7.50 for me.  maybe because i only uploaded the first template sheet.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 10, 2009, 10:04:09 PM
why $15?  it's $7.50 for me.  maybe because i only uploaded the first template sheet.

Yeah - it actually wasn't that much, but more than $7.50 cuz I did do both sheets for the special chars. So- figure $8 to maybe $13 if anyone want to do it.

BTW - it CAN be done on your own - but depending on what you have for software - patience and TIME - you may want to consider what your time is worth.  If you make $15 per hour or better -- and you don't know where to begin making fonts on without this little online automation tool - then consider this 1/2 hour and under $15 to be ACTUALLY worth time and a half for a full day's work. 

And yes - I just pulled all that straight out of my ass.  Maybe I SHOULD be an affiliate!    8)

EvB

Not for the faint of heart or the digitally challenged - but here is how you do it for "free"  (I say "free" ASSUMING you have the necessary software and - possibly - hardware.

Ev

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on May 10, 2009, 11:29:02 PM
Not for the faint of heart or the digitally challenged - but here is how you do it for "free"  (I say "free" ASSUMING you have the necessary software and - possibly - hardware.

Ev
thx... i'm going to study up...

EvB

HOLD THE PRESS!!     HOLD THE PRESS!!     HOLD THE PRESS!!     HOLD THE PRESS!!

Many windows platforms (XP and Vista at least) have built in font ediotrs.  Noit sure yet how it works - but here is how you find it:  Go to RUN - type "eudcedit"  sans quotes.

Gonna play with it now for a bit.

MV/Liberace!

hmm... that's odd.  i had no idea that existed.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 14, 2009, 06:24:48 PM
hmm... that's odd.  i had no idea that existed.

Me either - but I haven't found it very helpful so far.