• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Fat Qeef Rowland After Show

Started by Corona Kitty, January 06, 2019, 05:23:49 PM

Lilith

Keith is talking about what they have to do to be terrestrial radio worthy.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on January 09, 2019, 11:47:49 PM
Michelle says "sharing" is a great way to interact with people about these topics, and like Dave always says, this is our "safe space".

Michelle adds:  We have really really smart listeners.

LOL

Lots more similar BS....

#sad

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on January 10, 2019, 12:07:05 AM
Keith is talking about what they have to do to be terrestrial radio worthy.

Is he letting Dave Schrader know that

Lilith

Quote from: username on January 10, 2019, 12:08:32 AM
Is he letting Dave Schrader know that

It's mostly about how ads time works.

Lilith

They are working on becoming more radio affiliate friendly.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on January 10, 2019, 12:11:04 AM
It's mostly about how ads time works.

I must have missed that part

Lilith

Caller calling... Anonymous, Keith asks about answering it, "Is it safe?".

Michelle says shes using her ESP to determine it's safe.  If Keith is with her, nobodys going to give her grief.

Awww, how cute.

Its Lamone.

Jackstar

Quote from: brig on January 10, 2019, 12:14:16 AM

It might help loads if they were at all, audience friendly.

Lilith

Quote from: username on January 10, 2019, 12:15:50 AM
I must have missed that part

Are you listening with me?  If you are, I think you're the first one.   LOL   ;D

Lilith

Quote from: Jackstar on January 10, 2019, 12:22:28 AM
It might help loads if they were at all, audience friendly.

I couldn't have said it better...

Lilith

To be honest, it does sound like they're asking their listeners to Share and tweet their posts on FB and Twitter to try to get their listener numbers up enough to appeal to radio affiliates.  I could be wrong.

I think Jackstars idea of being audience friendly to a larger audience would work better.

I don't think they can have it both ways,  ie:  safe space/larger audience.

Jackstar

Quote from: brig on January 10, 2019, 12:25:32 AM
it does sound like they're asking their listeners to Share and tweet their posts on FB and Twitter to try to get their listener numbers up

This is what an audience that actually enjoys the program does naturally.

Lilith

Quote from: Jackstar on January 10, 2019, 12:27:25 AM
This is what an audience that actually enjoys the program does naturally.

Yup!

Lilith

Caller Jose says he's a huge fan of the network and wants it to succeed, but has a huge complaint.  He says they air too much of their dirty laundry.

And he says Heather did not help their network AT ALL!

Jose says nobody blames Michelle or Keith.

He said he's a Hoagie fan, but that everybody knows that Hoagie stabbed them in the back.

He criticises them for throwing these shows under the bus on the air, or in public.

He says they need a PR Rep.

I'm just relaying what the caller Jose said.

Keith is arguing his right to defend their actions.

Caller insists they shouldn't feel the need to, and they should keep their dirty laundry to themselves.

Caller gave a BELLGAB shoutout.

Lilith

Keith admits he feels like he wants to defend his right to defend himself.

Keith feels he needs to correct incorrect commentary other hosts etc have made, and tries not to bash anyone.

Lilith

This is the best call and discussion in the entire aftershows I have heard so far.   8)

Jose is just trying to tell them they need a PR person.

I would tend to agree with Jose. 

Lilith

After they hang up, and Jose is gone, Keith goes on about how he enjoys reading all the chats and forums, and...

"They're all giving me kudos for making the right decisions, so..."

Lilith

Caller Scott asks if Michelle and Keith really believe somebody was trying to assassinate Art.

Keith says he doesn't think that, but he thinks somebody was trying to scare him.

Scott doesn't think Art talked about stuff anybody would want to scare him for.

Keith thinks they know who it was, and thinks they felt threatened by Art coming back on the air, or because of the types of advertisers they were willing to accept, and some people were put off because Art wouldn't do what they wanted him to do.

Scott complains that some of the shows on the network are just pre-recorded podcasts, and are not live shows.

Keith explains that when Art was on the air, he drew the money to make the work of carrying live shows worthwhile.

When Heather came on board, he couldn't afford to give the time to carrying live shows, with the dwindling budget.

Corona Kitty

I had forgotten about the name of the thread, made me laugh maniacally.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on January 10, 2019, 12:59:42 AM
Caller Scott asks if Michelle and Keith really believe somebody was trying to assassinate Art.

Keith says he doesn't think that, but he thinks somebody was trying to scare him.

Scott doesn't think Art talked about stuff anybody would want to scare him for.

Keith thinks they know who it was, and thinks they felt threatened by Art coming back on the air, or because of the types of advertisers they were willing to accept, and some people were put off because Art wouldn't do what they wanted him to do.

Scott complains that some of the shows on the network are just pre-recorded podcasts, and are not live shows.

Keith explains that when Art was on the air, he drew the money to make the work of carrying live shows worthwhile.

#damn

Lilith

My own comment here:

Art DID cover real time events when something really important to people was happening.  He would have open lines for people involved in the event, if it was a weather event, or a political event.

Lilith

Alright, I think I'm all caught up on the Aftershows so far.

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on January 10, 2019, 12:14:16 AM
Really?

I'll bet Danheiser gets a belly laugh outta that one! Right now even Heater has 'em beat on terrestrial...for now...

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on January 10, 2019, 01:22:02 AM
My own comment here:

Art DID cover real time events when something really important to people was happening.  He would have open lines for people involved in the event, if it was a weather event, or a political event.

Art had timing, touch, intuition - a genuine feel for his audience. Dave is just so perfunctory and businesslike that there isn't really any room for magic, plus it never feels to me like he has the element of actually being surprised by his callers. Art mastered that nuance and it let the rest of the audience go into campfire tale mode too.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 10, 2019, 01:26:54 PM
Art had timing, touch, intuition - a genuine feel for his audience. Dave is just so perfunctory and businesslike that there isn't really any room for magic, plus it never feels to me like he has the element of actually being surprised by his callers. Art mastered that nuance and it let the rest of the audience go into campfire tale mode too.

Noted.

Quote from: username on January 10, 2019, 01:08:36 AM
I had forgotten about the name of the thread, made me laugh maniacally.

I think " queef" is an underutilized word.  I do believe it is spelled with a U after the Q, but who cares, is it in the dictionary? It is a great word I first heard on "Southpark" And yes, it also makes me laugh maniacally.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Original Larry on January 10, 2019, 06:53:03 PM
I think " queef" is an underutilized word.  I do believe it is spelled with a U after the Q, but who cares, is it in the dictionary? It is a great word I first heard on "Southpark" And yes, it also makes me laugh maniacally.

It was actually more thought-out than anyone has even noticed except perhaps by you now. one thing that has not been detected is the fact that it's a double entendre. it is in fact spelled that way to be quote-unquote "safe."

Since Rowland is "Mr is it safe?".

Lilith

So No aftershow tonight I guess?    LOL

I guess there's no sense in me subscribing for something that isn't going to be on at least every week...

VC

Are ALL these after shows being saved for the archives with MINIMAL editing to preserve all content?

Lilith

Keith, could you talk about this on your next AfterShow?