• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Joshua P Warren

Started by Frys Girl, May 01, 2009, 11:36:54 AM

bigchucka

Quote from: Seraphim27 on June 17, 2014, 06:11:01 PM
Woo, The Wish Machine is $195.

I can picture him using the device...

"I wish someone will send me one hundred and ninety-five dollars... I wish someone will send me one hundred and ninety-five dollars...."

coaster

I don't really know what to think of this guy anymore.

albrecht

Quote from: Seraphim27 on June 17, 2014, 06:28:43 PM
Are you nuts? PLUG THAT THING IN!!!!! Or send it to me and I'll plug it in!! We must know what it does!
A Gabber offered to buy it actually but I have no idea what it is worth and also sorta sentimental value. I will try to plug it in. Have to consult with someone. Maybe plug it in to my generator with a long extension cord. Will take video when I do.

Here is her IMDB by the way. I never quite knew if her stories of actors and lifestyle and parties in NYC/Hollywood back in the day were true, but I guess they were. Bob Hope actually found her.  And her son was in Dark Shadows. And I found mail from a very prominent Republican fundraiser in her house but I forget his name, wasn't Rove (he was paying rent on her apartment for years before she got a house and would get mail there -maybe a residency tax dodge also (?)- but would consult her for "regression analysis" and "astrology" apparently.) Makes me wish I paid more attention to her stories now.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0043042/bio

McPhallus

I'm guessing that thing's made in China for $50, if that.  I was neutral toward the guy until now.  He's officially jumped the shark.

popple

I wish that wishing box worked  :(

albrecht

I tried to go to "joshuap.warren.com" but, alas, just got redirected to a website place holder. I was hoping there was some competitor in the "magic box" industry who took a website with the "dot after the P" to try to steal traffic and sales. Or a debunker even.

I also wonder what the model and modelling agency said when contacted about this modeling job?

coaster

Quote from: albrecht on June 18, 2014, 12:04:44 PM

I also wonder what the model and modelling agency said when contacted about this modeling job?
doubt it was a modelling agency. Probably fiverr. those fucks will do anything for a few dollars.

HorrorRetro

I caught a few minutes of the show last night, and JPW said he was no relation to Ed and Lorraine Warren. I could have sworn a few years ago that he said he was their nephew. Does anyone else recall that?

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 25, 2014, 06:12:13 PM
I caught a few minutes of the show last night, and JPW said he was no relation to Ed and Lorraine Warren. I could have sworn a few years ago that he said he was their nephew. Does anyone else recall that?

I don't know, but I thought it was funny when George said with awe "That is a great question!"  in response to Warren's claim that people always ask if he is related.  It was like George was saying "I wish I had thought of that.  Maybe I should actually prep for these interviews."

I just found this interesting tidbit from a 2012 online review of Warren's book How to Hunt Ghosts.

http://ghostbooksreviews.com/2012/02

QuoteThe big problem with Joshua Warren has been getting to the truth. For a long time, he led people to believe (or at least let them believe)  he’s related to the famous ghost hunters, Ed & Lorraine Warren.

He’s not related to them.  Not unless you’re willing to work with “six degrees” family trees, skipping across multiple surnames.

Even then, we’re not sure he’s going to appear anywhere on the same tree as the Warrens of Amityville fame, and â€" later â€" Lorriane’s role on Paranormal State.  (Lorraine Warren is someone who knows how to hunt ghosts. She and her late husband, Ed Warren, practically defined ghost hunting as we know it today.)

But that’s the problem with Joshua Warren.  It’s looked like he’s tried to use his surname (not sure if it’s real) to gain attention. When a guy surrounds himself with that kind of fiction, it’s hard to take his research and writing seriously.

So I guess your memory is working well.

Uncle Duke

I also remember JPW saying he was related to the Warrens some years back. 

Anyone on here live in/near Asheville?  Would love to have someone show up and request a tour of his "lab". 

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 25, 2014, 09:24:50 PM

Anyone on here live in/near Asheville?  Would love to have someone show up and request a tour of his "lab".
Unfortunately I don't but, actually, I think it would be fun to visit his "museum" and "lab" he has got there. I imagine like the old sideshows they'd have at fairs- without the living freaks and his lab like old sci-fi movies with lots of oscilloscopes, blinking lights, and some beakers with various smoking or subliming colored liquids over bunsen burners.  I hear Asheville is a nice town also. Listening last night I had to wonder....how is it he finances his operations and such frequent travels? And operations in Puerto Rico etc? And museum/lab in Asheville where I'm told real estate is decent? Do that many people buy "wishing machines" or "e-books" or "moneyscienceworks.com?" Somehow, I always thought some of these fruitcakes had inherited money or something. But, apparently, they make decent money from all these tv appearances and shows. Mind boggling.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 25, 2014, 06:35:09 PM
I just found this interesting tidbit from a 2012 online review of Warren's book How to Hunt Ghosts.

http://ghostbooksreviews.com/2012/02

So I guess your memory is working well.

Interesting.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 25, 2014, 09:24:50 PM

Glad it's not just me remembering that. I know I heard him say he was their nephew. I'd guess it was maybe three years ago when I heard him say that.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 26, 2014, 06:55:30 PM
Interesting.

Glad it's not just me remembering that. I know I heard him say he was their nephew. I'd guess it was maybe three years ago when I heard him say that.

Is it possible you were listening to their real nephew, demologist John Zaffis?  Checking the site, he was on C2C quite a lot between 2005 and 2009, and has also made an appearance in 2013 and August of this year.

He's about 20 years older than JPW, but I'm not sure if they sound similar or not.

Uncle Duke

Listened to George's show with Warren last night, the guy is still a wanna be, the ultimate lightweight in the UFO/paranormal field.  Was disappointed, but not surprised, Warren did not give credit to biologist Ivan T Sanderson for his 1960s groundbreaking work in underwater UFOs/USOs and his theory UFOs might be living beings.  For those interested in UFOs, yet unfamiliar with Sanderson, I highly recommend his work. Not only was Sanderson an advanced degreed (Cambridge), working biologist/zoologist but a former Royal Navy intelligence officer, as well.  He also coined the term "cryptozoology".

Also not surprised Warren has joined the growing number of "truth seekers" who pass off their shoddy, third rate research in novels, as opposed to nonfiction works.  By using the novel format, they are able avoid those pesky footnotes and references to support their inferences and unsubstantiated theories. 

Lord Grantham

Weezy F Warren, and don't forget the F around me.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 28, 2018, 12:24:57 PM
Is this the same guy who tries to sell the wishing machines? ???

Yes. ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 28, 2018, 12:28:23 PM
Yes. ::)

OK, that story is total BS then. He's probably rigged the delay.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 28, 2018, 12:31:02 PM
OK, that story is total BS then. He's probably rigged the delay.

LOL.  What's he doing driving north of Vegas and measuring time with that doohickey?  He could have just gone to Brown Mountain, NC and done it there.

whoozit

If Joshua P Warren hung out with Paul and Ella he’d be Joshua Warren.

albrecht

Quote from: whoozit on June 28, 2018, 07:06:08 PM
haha!  ;D

Sean92008

Great joke!

ItsOver

Heh, heh, heh.  Paul and Ella ripping that P right out of JPW.

EmmonShomly

I'm surprised that JPW's movie "Inbred Rednecks" has never been posted here. It's the only work by Joshua P. Warren that's believable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDDE7Xap1DM