• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ask Liberace! Anything

Started by Lilith, October 11, 2018, 08:10:37 AM

AZZERAE

Quote from: DynamoHum on December 21, 2019, 02:00:57 PM
I use a Blue Snowball with a pop guard.

I think many of us would very much enjoy if you did a solo show - in the form of a live stream or podcast.

I said this to you a while back now. Have you given it any more thought, at all?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: AZZERAE on December 24, 2019, 03:54:35 AM
I think many of us would very much enjoy if you did a solo show - in the form of a live stream or podcast.

I said this to you a while back now. Have you given it any more thought, at all?

On politics/current events, yes. However, it won't be promoted on this forum.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Liberace! on December 24, 2019, 04:20:43 AM

Think about also putting it on YouTube, you don't have to tell any of these marks where to find it. While YouTube is a former shell of its Glory days, it's still the best media outlet for others to discover the show. It's good to put it on as many platforms as possible.

AZZERAE

I meant that for Dynamo Hum, but I'm definitely looking forward to your solo effort as well.

starramus

Wladziu Valentino,

Have you watched?  [attachment=1,msg1370181]

AZZERAE

Lee,

How do I go about embedding a tweet into a BellGab post?

- Azz

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: AZZERAE on December 26, 2019, 02:09:07 AM
Lee,

How do I go about embedding a tweet into a BellGab post?

- Azz

you just need to insert the direct link to the tweet in your post and the system will embed it for you.  it needs to be the full url.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Liberace! on December 26, 2019, 02:11:49 AM
you just need to insert the direct link to the tweet in your post and the system will embed it for you. it needs to be the full url.

Thank you.

paladin1991

Well, if you won't kiss and tell, how would we find it?  Go to some 'cast site and dial in 'The Generic Musings of some guy"? 

whoozit

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 01, 2020, 10:43:18 AM
Well, if you won't kiss and tell, how would we find it?  Go to some 'cast site and dial in 'The Generic Musings of some guy"?
I think this is a poncholess MV video.
https://youtu.be/YxSi4a0Ygk8

Gunner65

Deja Veus fuckers! A Btn of Airborne and a MEU~

AZZERAE

Lee,

Are international callers allowed to use Skype instead of the regular number to call in to the GabCast?

- AZZERAE

Hog

Hey Lee, just in case you are able to take a break from your constant gluttony of dark meat, side poon, there is a opportunity for you/yours to view an overflight of the ISS taking place on January 9th and 10th, so this coming Thursday morning and Friday morning.  I wouldnt normally bother with this, but it seems that the ISS will be about 434 kilometers directly over your place, considering that the ISS orbits at just under that altitude, that means that when including the "slant distance" from your eyes to the station, if the ISS passes right over your house, the slant distance(range) and the ISS altitude(distance from ISS directly downwards) will almost be equal. The Friday morning pass will be esp. bright as well.

Sorry my friend, but I'm going to be doxxing you a bit here.(j/k I'm really not, I just used the Latitude, Longitude and elevation for your hometown from Wikipedia. I know you don't need any MORE paparotzzi camping out in front of your house, going through your trash and attempting to score some pics of the constant stream of women visiting your house.

For some reason I always imagined your area further West, even fighting through the known factors including the  Central timezone and the Mississippi River. My parents are very good friends with a family in New Madrid. They've been up visiting us a few times and vice-versa.  They always appreciated that we flew the "Stars and Stripes" underneath the "Maple Leaf" whilst they visited.
Bob was a Vietnam War Veteran and his wifes name is Judy.

If you or anyone else is interested in finding International Space Station passes or even Hubble Space Telescope passes, you can go to Heavens Above and create an account.  Its an excellent site for anything space related.
https://heavens-above.com/?

You can also go to the NASA website and use their "Spot the Space Station app"
https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/

You can explain to your girls that a few years before they were born(at least your daughters) the first parts were launched in 1998( 21 years, 1 month, 14 days) and since the first people were stationed there, that the ISS has been continuously crewed for 19 years, 2 months, 1 day without pause.  In that time As of September 2019, 239 people from 19 countries had visited the space station, many of them multiple times.
You can also tell them that the ISS is speeding along above your heads at 17,500mph, just fast enough that as gravity pulls the ISS towards the Earth center, there is enough forward velocity to keep the continually falling station to keep it from hitting the Earth.

Happy watching.  If you do end up viewing, could you please fill us in?  Have you seen an ISS pass before Lee?

Attachments
1)The pass as viewed from Lee's house at 6:26 cst -3.6mag
2)Lee's ISS pass the next day Friday Jan 10 at 5:39am cst, -3.7mag
3)Same pass as attach#2, but from Hog's house
4)Same Friday Jan,10/2020 ISS pass, but different ISS details. Lee, from this graphic, the dotted line means that the ISS is actually in the shadow of the Earth, it states that the ISS will emerge from the Earths shadow at 05:39 cst, so all of a sudden you will see this very bright dot suddenly appear out of nowhere, at this moment the "brightness" will be at a -3.6 magnitude(mag.). At the moment the ISS emerges from the Earths shadow, the ISS will be 523 kilometers away from your eyes, 40 some odd seconds later, the station will be at its closest range to you, of 432 kilometers. At this very moment, the brightness will have increased slightly up to -3.7. (the greater the negative the brighter, the more positive, the dimmer-the Sun has an apparent magnitude of -27 and Sirius, the brightest star in the sky is -1.46 mag, full Moon is -13 mag.  The Sun at this exact time should be exactly 18 degrees below the horizon.

DynamoHum

Quote from: AZZERAE on January 03, 2020, 10:00:29 AM
Lee,

Are international callers allowed to use Skype instead of the regular number to call in to the GabCast?

- AZZERAE

If you have credit on skype you could still use the regular number ... $5 lasts ages...

Hog

Quote from: AZZERAE on January 03, 2020, 10:00:29 AM
Lee,

- AZZERAE
Hey Azz, I'm pretty sure that Lee wants regular callers to NOT use Skype.  It's not historically accurate to have callers sounding as good as the hosts.
Now so far as hosting, not sure.

When I call the normal phone number to The Gabcast, I get a notice that says that long distance charges MAY be applicable, but Lee says there shouldn't be any actual long distance charges on my bill.  While my Canada to the USA is indeed an international call, I'm not sure it's the same type of international call as say a South Africa to USA call would be?

peace
Hog

MV/Liberace!

Suuup Hog. Problem with the ISS is we don't live in the central time zone anymore.

And international callers to the gc... it's so cheap to call internationally these days, particularly if calling a number in the US, that it's not really a concern.

paladin1991

Quote from: Gunner65 on January 02, 2020, 08:45:45 PM
Deja Veus fuckers! A Btn of Airborne and a MEU~

Bwahahahahahahah.  I know what you are saying.   If Iran wants to play stupid games, then they will win stupid prizes.   FFE!

paladin1991

Quote from: Hog on January 03, 2020, 10:00:52 AM
Hey Lee, just in case you are able to take a break from your constant gluttony of dark meat, side poon, there is a opportunity for you/yours to view an overflight of the ISS taking place on January 9th and 10th, so this coming Thursday morning and Friday morning.  I wouldnt normally bother with this, but it seems that the ISS will be about 434 kilometers directly over your place, considering that the ISS orbits at just under that altitude, that means that when including the "slant distance" from your eyes to the station, if the ISS passes right over your house, the slant distance(range) and the ISS altitude(distance from ISS directly downwards) will almost be equal. The Friday morning pass will be esp. bright as well.
it here.(j/k I'm really not, I just used the Latitude, Longitude and elevation for your hometown from Wikipedia. I know you don't need any MORE paparotzzi camping out in front of your house, going through your trash and attempting to score some pics of the constant stream of women visiting your house.

Sorry my friend, but I'm going to be doxxing you a b
For some reason I always imagined your area further West, even fighting through the known factors including the  Central timezone and the Mississippi River. My parents are very good friends with a family in New Madrid. They've been up visiting us a few times and vice-versa.  They always appreciated that we flew the "Stars and Stripes" underneath the "Maple Leaf" whilst they visited.
Bob was a Vietnam War Veteran and his wifes name is Judy.

If you or anyone else is interested in finding International Space Station passes or even Hubble Space Telescope passes, you can go to Heavens Above and create an account.  Its an excellent site for anything space related.
https://heavens-above.com/?

You can also go to the NASA website and use their "Spot the Space Station app"
https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/

You can explain to your girls that a few years before they were born(at least your daughters) the first parts were launched in 1998( 21 years, 1 month, 14 days) and since the first people were stationed there, that the ISS has been continuously crewed for 19 years, 2 months, 1 day without pause.  In that time As of September 2019, 239 people from 19 countries had visited the space station, many of them multiple times.
You can also tell them that the ISS is speeding along above your heads at 17,500mph, just fast enough that as gravity pulls the ISS towards the Earth center, there is enough forward velocity to keep the continually falling station to keep it from hitting the Earth.

Happy watching.  If you do end up viewing, could you please fill us in?  Have you seen an ISS pass before Lee?

Attachments
1)The pass as viewed from Lee's house at 6:26 cst -3.6mag
2)Lee's ISS pass the next day Friday Jan 10 at 5:39am cst, -3.7mag
3)Same pass as attach#2, but from Hog's house
4)Same Friday Jan,10/2020 ISS pass, but different ISS details. Lee, from this graphic, the dotted line means that the ISS is actually in the shadow of the Earth, it states that the ISS will emerge from the Earths shadow at 05:39 cst, so all of a sudden you will see this very bright dot suddenly appear out of nowhere, at this moment the "brightness" will be at a -3.6 magnitude(mag.). At the moment the ISS emerges from the Earths shadow, the ISS will be 523 kilometers away from your eyes, 40 some odd seconds later, the station will be at its closest range to you, of 432 kilometers. At this very moment, the brightness will have increased slightly up to -3.7. (the greater the negative the brighter, the more positive, the dimmer-the Sun has an apparent magnitude of -27 and Sirius, the brightest star in the sky is -1.46 mag, full Moon is -13 mag.  The Sun at this exact time should be exactly 18 degrees below the horizon.

TL;DfuckingR

ItsOver

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 03, 2020, 06:45:20 PM
TL;DfuckingR
Heh, heh... hey, Lee, if you want to see the fucking Space Station, rather than play with poon or the piano, go here.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov

DynamoHum

Quote from: ItsOver on January 03, 2020, 07:18:30 PM
Heh, heh... hey, Lee, if you want to see the fucking Space Station, rather than play with poon or the piano, go here.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov

Starlink satellites are much cooler to see tho...

Also, Brig (sorry, Lilith) - I sent you a messenger message.

Lilith

Quote from: DynamoHum on January 03, 2020, 07:33:49 PM

Also, Brig (sorry, Lilith) - I sent you a messenger message.

Thank You Dynamo!  :D  Got my coffee in hand.

ItsOver

Quote from: DynamoHum on January 03, 2020, 07:33:49 PM

I'll pass that on to Steve.  I'm not sure Lee is ready, yet.

Dr. MD MD

Lee, I still have some tequila left and the weekend off. Are we casting?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 03, 2020, 07:56:17 PM
Lee, I still have some tequila left and the weekend off. Are we casting?

You co-hosting?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Liberace! on January 03, 2020, 08:04:59 PM
You co-hosting?

No but as usual I’ll be leading the cheerleading team and commenting from the peanut gallery. What about Azz and Dyna? Throw in VC and this seems like a lock to me. ;)

DynamoHum

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 03, 2020, 08:14:01 PM
No but as usual I’ll be leading the cheerleading team and commenting from the peanut gallery. What about Azz and Dyna? Throw in VC and this seems like a lock to me. ;)

I would also enjoy that but am working on Sunday so its a no from me for this Saturday.