• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ask Liberace! Anything

Started by Lilith, October 11, 2018, 08:10:37 AM

DynamoHum

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 12, 2019, 06:39:20 PM
For lower budget I’ve seen people podcasting with Blue Snowball mics and thought they sounded good. Some have said their Yeti mic is good too. I think they go for about $70-90. In terms of software I’m not sure these days. I was trained on ProTools years ago and I also really like Apple’s Garageband but I was using them for music production not broadcast. Lee or Muddy would probably know better about that.

I use a Blue Snowball with a pop guard. That may entice you or put you off :)

Lilith

Quote from: DynamoHum on December 21, 2019, 02:00:57 PM

You always sound great Dynamo IMO.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DynamoHum on December 21, 2019, 02:00:57 PM

It only means that you’re a pro. ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: ItsOver on December 21, 2019, 01:14:35 PM
I'm sure Lee will pass that on to MV because that's just the kind of guy he is.

I'm sure he will.  Thanks, IO. :)

ItsOver

Hey, Lee.  Did you know Norton thinks BellGab is a malicious site?

Safe Web Report for:
bellgab.combellgab.com
Web Site Location     United States of America
icoWarning
WARNING
Site Owner? Click here
Norton Rating
Safeweb Share
Norton Safe Web has analyzed bellgab.com for safety and security problems. Below is a sample of the threats that were found.
Summary
Computer Threats: 0
Identity Threats: 1
Annoyance factors: 0
Total threats on this site: 1
The Norton rating is a result of Symantec's automated analysis system. Learn more.
The opinions of our users are reflected separately in the community rating on the right.

Community Reviews (0)
Threat Report
small-warningPhishing AttacksThreats found: 1 
Here is a complete list: (for more information about a specific threat, click on the Threat Name below)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on December 22, 2019, 07:06:11 AM
Hey, Lee.  Did you know Norton thinks BellGab is a malicious site?

Safe Web Report for:
bellgab.combellgab.com

Try it again. That malformed url probably triggered it.

ItsOver

Quote from: Liberace! on December 22, 2019, 08:37:06 AM
Try it again. That malformed url probably triggered it.
Ah!  Thank you, Lee.

Tootsie

Google Chrome and Opera won't let me see Bellgab.. I can fix it on Opera but not Google Chrome.. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays  :)

Metron2267

https://brightcloud.com/tools/url-ip-lookup.php

QuoteBELLGAB.COM

Web Reputation:

- High Risk (10 of 100)

Request a reputation change

Web Category:

- Phishing and Other Frauds

Request a category change

Web Reputation Influences:

- 1 infections (past 12 months)
  - Medium popularity
  - 71 months old (established)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tootsie on December 22, 2019, 11:16:38 AM
Google Chrome and Opera won't let me see Bellgab.. I can fix it on Opera but not Google Chrome.. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays  :)

How about now?

Corona Kitty

I still want a mobilized version of bellgab... I'm usually on my cell phone when I get on here.

A guy can only dream.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: username on December 22, 2019, 05:12:25 PM
I still want a mobilized version of bellgab... I'm usually on my cell phone when I get on here.

A guy can only dream.

There are tons of themes I can install which are responsive to mobile devices, but most of those themes will break certain mods the forum uses.  The ones that don't break anything look like shit.

The next version of the forum software updates the current theme to be more mobile friendly.  Who knows when that's going to be released, though.  Development on this forum software is like molasses because the software's development team has a few sacred cow neckbeards lumbering around who run everyone off.  You can go read the SMF support forums and learn pretty quickly who those people are.  You'd find more cheer at a slaughterhouse than reading the posts of SMF's most holy developers.  Who wants to work with that for zero pay?

I'd love to move on to a different software platform entirely, but the biggest hurdle is converting the database to work with the new platform, and that's way beyond my abilities.  There are other forum suites that provide conversion utilities, but those suites (phpBB, etc.) look even more antiquated than this.  I've been keeping my eye on Flarum, though.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Liberace! on December 22, 2019, 05:23:46 PM
There are tons of themes I can install which are responsive to mobile devices, but most of those themes will break certain mods the forum uses.  The ones that don't break anything look like shit.

The next version of the forum software updates the current theme to be more mobile friendly.  Who knows when that's going to be released, though.  Development on this forum software is like molasses because the software's development team has a few sacred cow neckbeards lumbering around who run everyone off.  You can go read the SMF support forums and learn pretty quickly who those people are.  You'd find more cheer at a slaughterhouse than reading the posts of SMF's most holy developers.  Who wants to work with that for zero pay?

I'd love to move on to a different software platform entirely, but the biggest hurdle is converting the database to work with the new platform, and that's way beyond my abilities.  There are other forum suites that provide conversion utilities, but those suites (phpBB, etc.) look even more antiquated than this.  I've been keeping my eye on Flarum, though.

Those dirty dirty devs at it again. That would be awesome to move to an entirely new platform. There are some pretty slick forums out there, one that comes to mind is gearslutz. That would be pricey I think, but I could be wrong. Migrating content would be a pain in the ass.

Just saw "Flarum", I can easily dig that too.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: username on December 22, 2019, 05:37:08 PM
Just saw "Flarum", I can easily dig that too.

I'm waiting for Flarum to reach 1.0 at which time I expect to see some SMF to Flarum database converters pop up.  Then it'll be on.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Liberace! on December 22, 2019, 06:38:03 PM
I'm waiting for Flarum to reach 1.0 at which time I expect to see some SMF to Flarum database converters pop up.  Then it'll be on.

Fuck yeah.

Corona Kitty

I'm loving this new overhaul.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Liberace! on December 23, 2019, 03:56:51 AM
A couple problems...

Ya, just a few minor tweaks but it looked slick.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: username on December 23, 2019, 04:00:20 AM
Ya, just a few minor tweaks but it looked slick.

A couple of things I'm annoyed with, but yeah, I think I'm going to leave it in place.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Liberace! on December 23, 2019, 04:20:08 AM
A couple of things I'm annoyed with, but yeah, I think I'm going to leave it in place.

I really like it, I think you just have to keep slightly messing with it. So far however... Major improvement.

Triggered

Quote from: Liberace! on December 20, 2019, 07:36:14 PM
I use SawPlus32.

Thanks MV, I just realised you posted that at the top of that page (sorry, my bad!)

I was impressed with the quality of your last parody song and assumed you must be using something like Ableton, wasnt expecting that! Is there any plugins you'd recommend for vocals?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Triggered on December 23, 2019, 05:31:36 PM
Thanks MV, I just realised you posted that at the top of that page (sorry, my bad!)

I was impressed with the quality of your last parody song and assumed you must be using something like Ableton, wasnt expecting that! Is there any plugins you'd recommend for vocals?

No prob!  As far as plugins for vocals, the only thing I typically use is a little reverb (or sometimes a lot) or maybe some echo/delay.  I'm quite minimalist on that sort of tweaking.  In fact, on the remixed version of I Blame The Wine (embedded below), I didn't even EQ the vocals.  It's straight from the mic, into the DBX and onto the multitrack. 

I think the SawPlus32 revelation surprises a lot of people, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izi7D_MQb8s

Morgus

Did the "mark all messages as read" button on the new posts page disappear now?

WOTR

Quote from: Liberace! on December 23, 2019, 08:02:34 PM
No prob!  As far as plugins for vocals, the only thing I typically use is a little reverb (or sometimes a lot) or maybe some echo/delay.  I'm quite minimalist on that sort of tweaking.  In fact, on the remixed version of I Blame The Wine (embedded below), I didn't even EQ the vocals.  It's straight from the mic, into the DBX and onto the multitrack. 

I think the SawPlus32 revelation surprises a lot of people, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izi7D_MQb8s

That sounds great.

What is the occasion (usually remastering and remixing is for a 50th anniversary or some such occasion...)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on December 23, 2019, 08:36:52 PM
That sounds great.

What is the occasion (usually remastering and remixing is for a 50th anniversary or some such occasion...)

I just didn't like the mixing job I did on the first go. It was rushed because I was trying to get it out while all the Erinn/Jason stuff was going on.