Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Jackstar

Quote from: Liberace! on August 25, 2020, 08:38:15 PM
Got the XR18 up and running. 

Seems like it's working pretty well. Kudos.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jackstar on August 25, 2020, 08:53:38 PM
Seems like it's working pretty well. Kudos.

Thanks.  I think the XR18 sounds so good that I've shelved the the DBX compressor/gate/limiter I used for years.  I'm going to sell it.  Tonight the mic was plugged directly into the mixer.

I need to do a video of my setup.

pate

Quote from: Liberace! on August 25, 2020, 10:23:08 PM
...  Tonight the mic was plugged directly into the mixer...

Microphones should always be plugged directly into the mixer!  Then you can use Auxilary sends to layer any effects onto the base signal.  Perhaps that is part of the headache you used to have with the old set-up? 

From reading the comments apparently this new mixer is quite the silver bullet.  I reserve judgement until I listen to it, but apparently you sounded great. 

Sorry, I missed the shoe, I believe I was already in bed.  You could've Voxer'd me and I would have happily awoken from my slumber to try to do the remote soundboard test...

Sounds more fun than the acquisition, installation and Maintenance Operational Check on a cooling system thermostat that I am currently engaged in.  Hopefully, that will fix my overheating vehicle problem I have been diagnosing the past few days and I won't have to get a new water pump.

Cheers!

-p

chefist

Thanks.  I think the XR18 sounds so good that I've shelved the the DBX compressor/gate/limiter I used for years.  I'm going to sell it.  Tonight the mic was plugged directly into the mixer.

My call was from Google Hangouts...I think it actually works pretty well for sound quality from a phone in guest.

Quote from: chefist on August 26, 2020, 11:26:57 AM
My call was from Google Hangouts...I think it actually works pretty well for sound quality from a phone in guest.

At least until the caller starts hurling into a bucket from laughing too hard.

Jackstar

Quote from: chefist on August 26, 2020, 11:26:57 AM
I think it actually works pretty well for sound quality from a phone in guest.

You sounded like you were calling in from the caboose of a train at the end of a wind tunnel. I had to use remote viewing to puzzle out your nuance. Still, this is better than my set-up.

Which is the bomb.

SpaceMeowMaid

I want to buy it. Does it come with technical support?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on August 26, 2020, 03:50:53 PM
Does it come with technical support?

I think it does. Maybe not by phone, but i expect Behringer would help you out if you contacted them.

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: Liberace! on August 26, 2020, 05:15:50 PM
I think it does. Maybe not by phone, but i expect Behringer would help you out if you contacted them.

Wow, I was joking about the Tech. But for real, let's make a deal.

Spookcat

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 22, 2020, 05:17:26 PM
Tim Weisberg took over MiTD after Schrader quit. Rowland sold the network and Weisberg was let go.  Not wanting to throw in the towel, Weisberg then decided to go it alone and slug it out with Vara, Rense, Church, Clyde, Heather and Noory.  Weisberg worked out some sort of deal with Prairie Ghost and took over Deep Talk Radio with a rejuvenated Amy helping out.  I believe things started out ok as MiTD imploded with the Ozman/Heather/Stolpman/Nobody cycle but the inevitable decline set in.   Then something happened between Ellgab and Weisberg/Amy.  I am not sure what exactly but some posters like TigerLily went away and Weisberg turned into Blobsberg.  From the stream numbers posted over there, even Douglas Dietrich has more.  Looks like their website: midnight.fm is down now too.   :'(

DynamoHum - please correct any inaccuracies but that is the lay of the land as far as I know.

People tried warning Tim that Amy is bad news long term, but he chose to ignore it (which is his decision, good luck to him) and for what he said about how private conversations should stay private, he was caught not keeping them private.

I don't know what happened with TL.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Silphion on August 26, 2020, 09:12:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3RB1qH0CeU

The drummer’s father’s Wikipedia entry:

Miles Axe Copeland Jr. (July 16, 1916 â€" January 14, 1991) was an American musician, businessman, and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) officer best known for his close personal relationship with Egyptian leader Gamal Abdel Nasser and his "controversial books on intelligence," including The Game of Nations: The Amorality of Power Politics (1969) and The Game Player: Confessions of the CIA's Original Political Operative (1989).[1] In his memoirs, Copeland recounted his involvement in numerous covert operations, including the March 1949 Syrian coup d'état and the 1953 Iranian coup d'état.[2] A conservative influenced by the ideas of James Burnham, Copeland was associated with the American political magazine National Review.[3][4] In a 1986 Rolling Stone interview, he stated, "Unlike The New York Times, Victor Marchetti and Philip Agee, my complaint has been that the CIA isn't overthrowing enough anti-American governments or assassinating enough anti-American leaders, but I guess I'm getting old."

True story.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Spookcat on August 26, 2020, 09:20:04 PM
People tried warning Tim that Amy is bad news long term, but he chose to ignore it (which is his decision, good luck to him) and for what he said about how private conversations should stay private, he was caught not keeping them private.

Define “bad news long term.”

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 26, 2020, 09:32:43 PM
Define “bad news long term.”

All legitimate drug stores closed indefinitely. You want to see nuclear? I'll show you nova.

timebandit

Come ON!!
Yeahh! Let's do this!

#Legacy4Life

Jackstar

People tried warning Tim that Amy is bad news long term

For the record I was never under contract to warn him of anything at all. So, really, how hard could anyone have been said to have been really trying to warn anyone?

, but he chose to ignore it (which is his decision, good luck to him)

This is why, if you want a job done right, you send a Hungarian. In my culture, ignoring, is... simply put, not an option.

Quote from: Spookcat on August 26, 2020, 09:20:04 PMand for what he said about how private conversations should stay private, he was caught not keeping them private.

Wow. That's too bad.

Quote from: Spookcat on August 26, 2020, 09:20:04 PMI don't know what happened with TL.

Another satisfied customer!

timebandit

Direct from the CatShack!

#HeatherIsPurrfect

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: Jackstar on August 26, 2020, 09:45:02 PM
For the record I was never under contract to warn him of anything at all. So, really, how hard could anyone have been said to have been really trying to warn anyone?

This is why, if you want a job done right, you send a Hungarian. In my culture, ignoring, is... simply put, not an option.

Wow. That's too bad.

Another satisfied customer!

Julia? Is that you?

Silphion

Innermost details by Space Maiden but cut to the quick by the Powers That Be

SpaceMeowMaid

I'm born of the Tribe of the People of the Place of FIRE. Lets burn this house down! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKuHh4SqUgk

Jackstar

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on August 26, 2020, 10:53:23 PM
I'm born of the Tribe of the People of the Place of FIRE. Lets burn this house down! :)

I wish I could say that she's like this because I've been blowing oxys up her ass with a shotgun all night, but, no, no... she's actually, just like this.

disclaimer: any and all references to arson are strictly of an aesthetic and/or hypothetical nature and should neither be prosecuted nor investigated.

Silphion

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on August 26, 2020, 10:53:23 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKuHh4SqUgk

♘ Seal of Approval

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: Jackstar on August 26, 2020, 11:05:32 PM
I wish I could say that she's like this because I've been blowing oxys up her ass with a shotgun all night, but, no, no... she's actually, just like this.

disclaimer: any and all references to arson are strictly of an aesthetic and/or hypothetical nature and should neither be prosecuted nor investigated.

Awe, you're making me blush Hunny. That might be the sweetest thing you have said in months!