Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Gunner65

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 03, 2019, 09:10:22 PM
Hey, I hear shit. 

God Bless the men and women of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
HA! looks like HW and DDD have the FBI working for them!  ??? Or at least that is what they would have listeners believe...

Lilith

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 03, 2019, 09:10:22 PM
Hey, I hear shit. 

God Bless the men and women of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Praise MV onna night like this.

Quote from: Gunner65 on September 03, 2019, 09:13:08 PM
HA! looks like HW and DDD have the FBI working for them!  ??? Or at least that is what they would have listeners believe...

DDD's weapon of choice when he is out on Ops

Pre-Show music ain't all that bad really.  Too bad the show itself gets in the way.....................

Asuka Langley

Sometimes i secretly wish i were a boomer with a 69 Charger listening to Zeppelin on my 8 track

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on September 03, 2019, 09:28:41 PM
Sometimes i secretly wish i were a boomer with a 69 Charger listening to Zeppelin on my 8 track

It’s not a big payoff when you consider the amount of hypocrisy you’ll have to produce in exchange.

Gunner65

Saw a '68 Chevy SS in my travels today. Parked right next to it!  Damn guy had the original seat belts too!  Paint was red ...I almost lost it the car was beautiful!  :'( :'(

Quote from: Gunner65 on September 03, 2019, 09:32:26 PM
Saw a '68 Chevy SS in my travels today. Parked right next to it!  Damn guy had the original seat belts too!  Paint was red ...I almost lost it the car was beautiful!  :'( :'(

Saw a Gremlin rocking around the other day - it's like "Dude - Why?"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 03, 2019, 09:36:40 PM
Saw a Gremlin rocking around the other day - it's like "Dude - Why?"

Maybe they were looking for a Pinto driver?

Gunner65

I would never park next to a Gremlin!  But a (red) '68-"69 Chevy LOL!  So I was thinking to myself as I walked into the store of how much money that poor guy must have put into that car!  (And proceeded to spend money toward fixing my own shit)... And when I left, the car was gone - vanished!  Like a distant memory from childhood...of perfect plastic model WW2 aircraft..CB's and late night AM radio..and the sounds a well- tuned 4 bl. 350 makes at cruising speed.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 03, 2019, 09:41:26 PM
Maybe they werelooking for a Pinto driver?

See if they could ram ass and make him explode?

Asuka Langley

Which Decade had the best music and cars 70's or 90's?  Hard Mode edition

1970 Chevelle + Led Zeppelin playing on the on the 8 track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwmCOSYUSlI

OR

1994 RX7 + Alice In Chains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nco_kh8xJDs

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gunner65 on September 03, 2019, 09:32:26 PM
Saw a '68 Chevy SS in my travels today. Parked right next to it!  Damn guy had the original seat belts too!  Paint was red ...I almost lost it the car was beautiful!

I used to have a '68 Firebird.  It was beautiful.  I bought it when I was 16 and spent years restoring it.  I remember being obsessed with preserving every original part I could.  I even went so far as to buy a boxed, sealed, unopened 8-track stereo to fill the giant hole that was featured prominently in the center of the dash when I bought the car.

As I think about it now, my attitude toward all of this has totally changed.  If I were to restore a car like that today, I'd rip out the carburetor and replace it with a modern fuel injection system and replace every moving part I could with something controlled by a computer.  Disk brakes all around, power windows and locks, remote start... I would take advantage of every automotive tech advancement I could, leaving only the external shell of a '68 Firebird.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on September 03, 2019, 09:44:51 PM

Although I look back on the 90s with great nostalgia as they were some of my most formative years (I was 16 in 1996), this isn't even a contest.

Quote from: Liberace! on September 03, 2019, 09:45:53 PM
I used to have a '68 Firebird.  It was beautiful.  I bought it when I was 16 and spent years restoring it.  I remember being obsessed with preserving every original part I could.  I even went so far as to buy a boxed, sealed, unopened 8-track stereo to fill the giant hole that was featured prominently in the center of the dash when I bought the car.

As I think about it now, my attitude toward all of this has totally changed.  If I were to restore a car like that today, I'd rip out the carburetor and replace it with a modern fuel injection system and replace every moving part I could with something controlled by a computer.  Disk brakes all around, power windows and locks, remote start... I would take advantage of every automotive tech advancement I could, leaving only the external shell of a '68 Firebird.

Unless you doing it for maybe an investment, I'd agree.

Gunner65

I was 10 years old in 1975 and I can still ID a "Chevelle" SS no matter the color! When I was 12-16 I was working for a "truck-farmer" for 2.00 per hour and he had one of these in his "garage/barn" Painted black!

I am not a mechanic or engineer, but something about the car reminded me of aircraft like the P-51.  Rounded a bit, but sleek - "Sexy but deadly"

where you last week Heather, my baby?

is she just going to gloss over her absence?

wow. lulz

Asuka Langley

Which Decade had the worst music and cars 80's or 00's? 

1986 Dodge Caravan + Dead Or Alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpmTe3TDdVU

OR

2000 Pontiac Sunfire +

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc0k6E

Gunner65

The "Fire-birds" came shortly after.  I think the Camaros and Corvettes tried to get sexy too after, but the Chevelle stole my heart.

Lilith

"Master Mind"  Mass Consciousness FaceBook Group.

I dunno, that just makes me LOL

"the past 4-5 days have been a blur"

Quote from: Richard Groyper on September 03, 2019, 10:04:29 PM
Geo Metro's are the shit. fuck you!

Gateway to alien anal Rape.   No spank you.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on September 03, 2019, 09:44:51 PM

I’ll take the Chev and Zep but lose the 8-track. They were horrible! Not only was the audio quality poor but there would always be one song that they couldn’t fit on side one and so they would just fade it out and then fade it back in on side two. Some tech isn’t worth the nostalgia.