Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

yoursongs

Quote from: Dyna-X on June 10, 2018, 02:54:14 PM
Yes, she is in both the carnival photo and the publicity photo we all know. Look at the eye to eyebrow distance  and eye shape, jawline, forehead and other features.
I agree, the nose between the two photos is the most different, but this can be explained by the 26 year difference between the photos. As we age, the cartilage in our nose and ears is the one thing that continues to grow. Part of the reason is her head is tilted slightly back in the Forward lighting (carnival photo) and side lighting (publicity photo), also make a difference.

As for the rest, a few points: 1. Some people are phobic about having their picture taken. They need not be ugly or crippled - most who suffer this look fairly average. I am also phobic about this through life such that now there are only about a dozen photos of me in existence and only 3 have been digitized. From my vantage point, I don't take photos of myself with famous people I've met because it is not how I remember the event. I remember looking at the famous person and not through a third-party looking at us. I cherish the memory more than a photo. This phobia might be hereditary. I only have one hazy picture of my paternal grandmother who lived in the age of photography, but I have dozens of memories, one of which involve her whispering "no no no" and blushing when the camera was aimed her way. I would have asked to save her driver's license, except one problem - she never learned to drive. But she raised 5 kids, cooked, sewed, and painted and lived a good life.

2. Heather is/was a tom boy. She has talked on the air about rebuilding muscle cars and refusing to wear anything pink or purple here on site. The trans rumour does not fit - and is based on context of a hint of lip shadow in one photo!?  Friday on air, she akwardly compared those who got the transgender surgery to getting a tattoo. On another show, she teased the trannies as callously as any political forum here about the bathroom issue. If she had any transgender fans, all but those with the thickest skin have probably moved along, including the old lady cat trannies*. While she is not a hater, she does not give a rat's ass about anything LGBT, either.

3. I doubt she still works in the sex industry, and her own time in that industry as a PSO was out of necessity as she described the work as repulsive. (No disagreement from me there)

*I expect a barrage of crazy cat trans lady photos. It is BG, after all.

I won't talk down to you, and try to disprove every point you make.  It's not worth it.  One difference between you and [retarded] is that she is in a very public business, where a personal history of some sort is almost a requirement to sustain credibility.  It's fine not to want your picture taken, quite normal.  I am saying that for for a public broadcaster, it is quite abnormal and not credible.  What is a "PSO"?  Other than Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra?  I disagree with you that the 2 photos we are discussing are of the same person.  Let me ask you, do you believe she is half Chinese?  Do you believe she has a 7 ft. tall father?  Do you a believe a hundred other things she claims that can be proven to be false?  If so, go for, she's all yours :-)

GravitySucks

Quote from: yoursongs on June 10, 2018, 11:50:49 PM
I won't talk down to you, and try to disprove every point you make.  It's not worth it.  One difference between you and [retarded] is that she is in a very public business, where a personal history of some sort is almost a requirement to sustain credibility.  It's fine not to want your picture taken, quite normal.  I am saying that for for a public broadcaster, it is quite abnormal and not credible.  What is a "PSO"?  Other than Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra?  I disagree with you that the 2 photos we are discussing are of the same person.  Let me ask you, do you believe she is half Chinese?  Do you believe she has a 7 ft. tall father?  Do you a believe a hundred other things she claims that can be proven to be false?  If so, go for, she's all yours :-)

Her 7’ tall father is her step father. Her and her half sister do not look alike. I know that. Shortly after Heather took over when Art quit her sister found her on facebook. I noted at the time they didn’t look alike. I do not remember her name.

She certainly talked about her Chinese father long before she got involved with MITD.

Bluejay

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 10, 2018, 11:54:37 PM
Her 7’ tall father is her step father. Her and her half sister do not look alike. I know that. Shortly after Heather took over when Art quit her sister found her on facebook. I noted at the time they didn’t look alike. I do not remember her name.

She certainly talked about her Chinese father long before she got involved with MITD.

Dyna-X

Quote from: yoursongs on June 10, 2018, 11:50:49 PM

Thanks for keeping decorum to agree to disagree about the photo. I understand your point about as a broadcaster she no longer has the luxury to hide her photos and background if she want to get ahead, that is highly abnormal. Supporters and detractors alike behind the scenes baffled or taken in with all kinds of little stories that can't be cleanly reconciled or verified. She has made statements that can be proven false (for example the two stories about something as innocent as how she heard her first AB show - one or both of these stories by logic must be wrong. And if she would lie once, why not twice? If so, nothing can be taken for granted or at face value until verified. (no pun intended)

The features on both photos could be someone who had at least some oriental or Native American background. (i.e. the skin,hair, eye color and epicanthal fold.) To say much more than that or to fully trust her tales about a 7 ft tall father or stepfather would be foolish. The odds of anyone being this tall are 1 in 1.1 million.

The photos could have been digitally altered and that can be forensically analyzed for this, but that is not my expertise. I'd be curious if a facial recognition expert would compare the two photos mathematically and give odds that the person is one in the same or not. It is doable, but is it worth it? Would it prove anything new?

Epaphroditus

The  carnival photo was actually sent to Heather by the blond in the photo who also owns the photo , she sent it to see if the Heather she was hearing on air was the same HW she had known earlier in life .

Dyna-X

Quote from: Epaphroditus on June 11, 2018, 01:40:53 AM
The  carnival photo was actually sent to Heather by the blond in the photo who also owns the photo , she sent it to see if the Heather she was hearing on air was the same HW she had known earlier in life .
Goes to my point that the photo is really HW. It would be too elaborate of a stunt to counterfeit for no gain - like retooling a print shop to make dollar bills. "Oh lets see if I can find an old friend that will post a picture of them self with someone that looks like me on old film stock in a scrapbook so they can debate whether the photo is real on the internet for the next year."

She is actually smart. Smart people can still make bad decisions, lie around the edges of a narrative and conceal things. Most of what she says is actually true on the big picture.  The devil is in the omission of details and slant of the information for a desired effect to preserve abilities to spin or course correct in the future.  Its actually a way of letting those around her make their own version of truth in the absence of facts which is just belief.

The only trouble is we don't want a quality like this in a broadcaster unless they were to admit they were there to entertain - not inform.

Kolchak

Fun fact: Heather's guest tonight was, for a year, the president of the American Samoa Bar Association - which granted Saul Goodman his law degree.

Lilith

Quote from: Kolchak on June 11, 2018, 03:08:55 AM
Fun fact: Heather's guest tonight was, for a year, the president of the American Samoa Bar Association - which granted Saul Goodman his law degree.

I'll try to listen if I'm awake. Ideally I will switch back and forth between HLW and Dave. I miss her stories about her cats with medical conditions so expensive that they would bankrupt most people. At the end of the day, I want some spooky borderline creepy entertainment. I don't care about her psychological issues and bad judgement.

Ghost

Quote from: Kolchak on June 11, 2018, 03:08:55 AM

A self-published author is an Amazon Best Selling Author? Bwahahaha! He bought a case or two of his own book and jacked up the sales’ numbers. I’d buy he’s a best seller if his book was with a legit publisher and was on the NYT Bestseller list.... might be a nice guy, but he comes across pompous.

yoursongs

Quote from: Dyna-X on June 11, 2018, 02:53:43 AM
Goes to my point that the photo is really HW. It would be too elaborate of a stunt to counterfeit for no gain - like retooling a print shop to make dollar bills. "Oh lets see if I can find an old friend that will post a picture of them self with someone that looks like me on old film stock in a scrapbook so they can debate whether the photo is real on the internet for the next year."

She is actually smart. Smart people can still make bad decisions, lie around the edges of a narrative and conceal things. Most of what she says is actually true on the big picture.  The devil is in the omission of details and slant of the information for a desired effect to preserve abilities to spin or course correct in the future.  Its actually a way of letting those around her make their own version of truth in the absence of facts which is just belief.

The only trouble is we don't want a quality like this in a broadcaster unless they were to admit they were there to entertain - not inform.

Your last sentence says it all.  Herself and her show on Mitd was portrayed as digging for the TRUTH.  Her statements were said as true statements, then sometimes, maybe even weeks later were changed as if she really didn't mean them in the first place.  I would not have a problem with her if the whole theme was "this is for entertainment only, and contains no proof of what we are saying".  In my opinion, if she stopped the secrecy attitude and opened up about her life, got out in the field and did some reporting, etc. it would make her a likable host.  Not to bring PurpleDave into this, but as a comparison, he travels all over the country, has tons of pics and info about himself, does live (in the field, outside of studio) interviews, and is a known quantity.  I haven't listened to her show since before Art died, no matter the guest.  She can make a comeback, but needs a whole new attitude and theme.  I think if the legacy bit goes forward, nobody will care or remember her name in a couple of years.  Thanks for being civil....cheers

Kolchak

Quote from: Ghost on June 11, 2018, 10:50:43 AM
A self-published author is an Amazon Best Selling Author? Bwahahaha! He bought a case or two of his own book and jacked up the sales’ numbers. I’d buy he’s a best seller if his book was with a legit publisher and was on the NYT Bestseller list.... might be a nice guy, but he comes across pompous.

His book cover art is clearly ripped inspired by a Mystery Science Theater 3000 DVD.

Ghost

Quote from: Kolchak on June 11, 2018, 11:19:12 AM
His book cover art is clearly ripped inspired by a Mystery Science Theater 3000 DVD.

Thanks for the heads up on the cover, Kolchak. That brings my opinion of him down another notch. If the cover isn’t original and creative, how can I trust what’s inside to be honest? It states it is a True Story.  ::)

Bluejay

Quote from: Ghost on June 11, 2018, 11:45:16 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the cover, Kolchak. That brings my opinion of him down another notch. If the cover isn’t original and creative, how can I trust what’s inside to be honest? It states it is a True Story.  ::)

A lot of self published amazon auteurs use generic free or cheap to use Stock Images.

Hog

Quote from: brig on June 11, 2018, 04:02:26 AM

Ive sat here for 15 minutes and your coffee still continues to to "steam".  Laws of Thermodynamics are being broken, the PSYOPS is obvious, obviously.

peace
Hog

Juan

You are not keeping up with modern trends in publishing.

WeinerInHand

I'm a 64-year-old retired lawyer and former Assistant Attorney General with an extraordinary story to tell. Every word of it is true. For fear of losing my job and damage to my reputation in the legal community, I kept a secret. I was silent for forty years until circumstances in 2012 compelled me to eventually speak out. In 1977, a friend and I went on a two-night camping trip to a state park known as Devils Den. We had planned the trip as a wilderness adventure. Instead of a wilderness adventure we experienced an encounter with something unknown and unimaginable. Hoping to photograph eagles we sought a remote area of high ground. With the road no more than a trail we came to a high plateau. It was the perfect location with the forest to our back and a large open meadow in front of us. We made camp and settled in for an evening around the campfire. Late in the evening I noticed the usual forest sounds of crickets and tree frogs had stopped. It was dead silent. The silence unnerved me but my friend Toby assured me our laughter and chatter had quieted them and they'd soon return. But I still felt unsettled. Looking to the west Toby asked, "Where those lights there before?" I turned to look. There on the horizon sat a perfect tight triangle of three very bright stars. We studied them for a few minutes and speculated what they might be. We first thought they were airplane lights but dismissed the idea because of the odd formation. Then they began to move. They rotated once as if on an axis and began a slow ascent into the night sky. They moved in sync as if a single object instead of three. After a few minutes it became obvious that this was one object and not three separate lights. We watched it for some time. The lights on each point of the triangle grew brighter and expanded. The points stayed equidistant to one another as it gained altitude and speed. The area inside the triangle was solid black, much darker than the surrounding night sky. As it traveled over stars they would blink-out and blink back on again as it moved by. Soon, it grew large enough to devour entire fields of stars. We watched as the triangle made a steady trek toward our campsite, growing exponentially as it approached. At a height of about 2,000 feet above us it came to a halt. It was enormous. It was as if someone cut a perfect triangle from a sky filled with a billion stars. As we watched this giant triangle over our heads I recall that I suddenly felt disinterested. My friend was equally apathetic and hardly a word was spoken between us. The crickets and tree frogs had not returned but I no longer felt unnerved. Picking up a flashlight Toby said, "I wonder what will happen happen if I try to signal it?" I was too slow to snatch it from his hand. Holding it up and he flashed his light three times at the center of the triangle. We waited to see if anything would happen. We didn't have long to wait. From the center of the triangle a beacon of light about the diameter of a softball came down as if someone had flipped a switch. The light was centered on our campfire, not much more than embers by now. It was intense, like a high power searchlight cutting through fog. We watched disinterested like casual observers. Then as quickly as it appeared it switched off. In its place came a laser-like beam of light no broader than a pencil. It darted quickly and danced about the campsite as if scanning us. The beam struck my chest and head. I recall it struck Toby as well as it darted around the campsite. Then it occurred to me that Toby had been wrong. The nighttime noises of the forest had not returned. But something would take its place ...

a is jump

I was curious if the newish video rental place that opened near me had a particular title, so I went to their website to look it up.

The website looked... familiar.

https://videovortexbar.com/

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WeinerInHand on June 11, 2018, 01:51:43 PM
I'm a 64-year-old retired lawyer and former Assistant Attorney General with an extraordinary story to tell. Every word of it is true. For fear of losing my job and damage to my reputation in the legal community, I kept a secret. I was silent for forty years until circumstances in 2012 compelled me to eventually speak out. In 1977, a friend and I went on a two-night camping trip to a state park known as Devils Den. We had planned the trip as a wilderness adventure. Instead of a wilderness adventure we experienced an encounter with something unknown and unimaginable. Hoping to photograph eagles we sought a remote area of high ground. With the road no more than a trail we came to a high plateau. It was the perfect location with the forest to our back and a large open meadow in front of us. We made camp and settled in for an evening around the campfire. Late in the evening I noticed the usual forest sounds of crickets and tree frogs had stopped. It was dead silent. The silence unnerved me but my friend Toby assured me our laughter and chatter had quieted them and they'd soon return. But I still felt unsettled. Looking to the west Toby asked, "Where those lights there before?" I turned to look. There on the horizon sat a perfect tight triangle of three very bright stars. We studied them for a few minutes and speculated what they might be. We first thought they were airplane lights but dismissed the idea because of the odd formation. Then they began to move. They rotated once as if on an axis and began a slow ascent into the night sky. They moved in sync as if a single object instead of three. After a few minutes it became obvious that this was one object and not three separate lights. We watched it for some time. The lights on each point of the triangle grew brighter and expanded. The points stayed equidistant to one another as it gained altitude and speed. The area inside the triangle was solid black, much darker than the surrounding night sky. As it traveled over stars they would blink-out and blink back on again as it moved by. Soon, it grew large enough to devour entire fields of stars. We watched as the triangle made a steady trek toward our campsite, growing exponentially as it approached. At a height of about 2,000 feet above us it came to a halt. It was enormous. It was as if someone cut a perfect triangle from a sky filled with a billion stars. As we watched this giant triangle over our heads I recall that I suddenly felt disinterested. My friend was equally apathetic and hardly a word was spoken between us. The crickets and tree frogs had not returned but I no longer felt unnerved. Picking up a flashlight Toby said, "I wonder what will happen happen if I try to signal it?" I was too slow to snatch it from his hand. Holding it up and he flashed his light three times at the center of the triangle. We waited to see if anything would happen. We didn't have long to wait. From the center of the triangle a beacon of light about the diameter of a softball came down as if someone had flipped a switch. The light was centered on our campfire, not much more than embers by now. It was intense, like a high power searchlight cutting through fog. We watched disinterested like casual observers. Then as quickly as it appeared it switched off. In its place came a laser-like beam of light no broader than a pencil. It darted quickly and danced about the campsite as if scanning us. The beam struck my chest and head. I recall it struck Toby as well as it darted around the campsite. Then it occurred to me that Toby had been wrong. The nighttime noises of the forest had not returned. But something would take its place ...

I always wanted to have the title, esquire.