Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Silphion

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 14, 2020, 10:12:54 PM
No, I was quite patiet with her and even gave a second chance after I’d alread6 given up on her.. she sucks blue whale, the largest mammal known to man.

Well then, dive in and compare tonight's replay with much of her more recent efforts.
Progress and maturity are undeniable except for the most bitter and blind of cynics.

pate

Quote from: Silphion on September 14, 2020, 10:21:30 PM
Well then, dive in and compare tonight's replay with much of her more recent efforts.
Progress and maturity are undeniable except for the most bitter and blind of cynics.

Is there a link to the stream that does not require a $5/month sign-up?

Silphion

Quote from: pate on September 14, 2020, 10:47:12 PM
Is there a link to the stream that does not require a $5/month sign-up?

Replay: May 16th, 2018 - David Adair - Top Secret

https://www.thekingdomofnye.com/

𝐴𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑒.

When you become a RIDER OF NYE, you, the listeners, support the show for only $4.99 per month. You keep The Kingdom of Nye with Heather Wade on the air, get access to our archive of shows for a month, and can send Heather Wade your comments and questions through The Looking Glass during the live show that she just might read on the air.

pate

Quote from: Silphion on September 14, 2020, 10:52:42 PM
.., and can send Heather Wade your comments and questions through The Looking Glass during the live show that she just might read on the air.

Fookin' "Looking Glass", what sort of vampire mirror sheeit is that?  What happened to the "Warm Hole?"

Silphion

Quote from: pate on September 14, 2020, 11:05:57 PM
Fookin' "Looking Glass", what sort of vampire mirror sheeit is that?  What happened to the "Warm Hole?"

From 𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐺𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑠

[attachment=1,msg1421077]

[attachment=2,msg1421077]

Alice begins as a lowly pawn but advances heroically to the top rank and is promoted to a Queen.

pate

Quote from: Silphion on September 14, 2020, 11:14:44 PM
From 𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐺𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑠

[attachment=1,msg1421077]

From random Goggle image searches for the term "Looking Glass"

pate

Quote from: Silphion on September 14, 2020, 11:14:44 PM
[attachment=2,msg1421077]

Intardasting chess notation.

1. ??-??              ?
2. d2-d4             ?
3. ??-??              ?
4. d4-d5             ?
5. d5-d6             ?
6. d6-d7             N-e7(check)
7. Nxe7              ?
8. d7-d8(Q2)      ?
9. ???                 ?
10. ???               ?
11. Q2x??(checkmate)

Is my best first approximation.  I am tempted to get one of my chess boards and try to noodle that out...  Maybe tomorrow.

Silphion

Quote from: pate on September 15, 2020, 12:00:08 AM

Intardasting chess notation.

1. ??-??              ?
2. d2-d4             ?
3. ??-??              ?
4. d4-d5             ?
5. d5-d6             ?
6. d6-d7             ?
7. Nxe7              ?
8. d7-d8(Q2)      ?
9. ???                 ?
10. ???               ?
11. Q2x??(checkmate)

Is my best first approximation.  I am tempted to get one of my chess boards and try to noodle that out...  Maybe tomorrow.

http://lifewithoutbuildings.net/2013/08/the-64-square-grid-design-of-through-the-looking-glass.html

Scroll to the middle of the page to peruse an animation of the 𝑔𝑎𝑚𝑒.

Jackstar

Quote from: Silphion on September 15, 2020, 12:06:58 AM

Don't tell me what to do.

Jackstar

"Cloaking technology? On your vehicle? It's less likely than you think."

It doesn't look like anything to me.

Silphion

Quote from: Jackstar on September 15, 2020, 12:12:25 AM
Don't tell me what to do.

𝑆'𝑖𝑙 𝑣𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑝𝑙𝑎î𝑡, 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑒𝑢𝑟, 𝑏𝑖𝑒𝑛 𝑠û𝑟

Silphion

"It looked like it grew like an eggplant!"

[attachment=1]

Jackstar

Quote from: Silphion on September 15, 2020, 12:15:51 AM
𝑆'𝑖𝑙 𝑣𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑝𝑙𝑎î𝑡, 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑒𝑢𝑟, 𝑏𝑖𝑒𝑛 𝑠û𝑟

[attachment=1]

pate

Quote from: Silphion on September 15, 2020, 12:06:58 AM

I see:

No wonder the notation did not make sense to me.  The first move in that sequence is made by Black (Red) not White (Alice) as I was led to believe...

I would say that White cheated, or that inexplicably Black moved White's pieces instead of their own.  I have to admit I never read those books, Lewis Carrol?

Huh.

Silphion

Quote from: pate on September 15, 2020, 12:32:30 AM
I see:

No wonder the notation did not make sense to me.  The first move in that sequence is made by Black (Red) not White (Alice) as I was led to believe...

I would say that White cheated, or that inexplicably Black moved White's pieces instead of their own.  I have to admit I never read those books, Lewis Carrol?

Huh.

"As the chess-problem…has puzzled some of my readers, it may be well to explain that it is correctly worked out, so far as the moves are concerned. The alternation of Red and White is perhaps not so strictly observed as it might be, and the “castling” of the three Queens is merely a way of saying that they entered the palace; but the “check” of the White King at move 6, the capture of the Red Knight at move 7, and the final “checkmate” of the Red King, will be found, by anyone who will take the trouble to set the pieces and play the moves as directed, to be strictly in accordance to the laws of the game."
from Life Without Buildings.net

"Through the Looking-Glass is a more complex book which focuses on the end of Alice's childhood and innocence. It is an exploration of the underlying rules that govern our world and shows the process of growing up as a struggle to comprehend these rules. It also questions exactly where these rules come from and the nature of reality." from study.com

"Personally, I would sooner have written Alice in Wonderland than the whole Encyclopedia Britannica."
- Stephen Leacock

Jackstar

Quote from: Silphion on September 15, 2020, 12:40:12 AM
a more complex book which focuses on the end of Alice's childhood and innocence. It is an exploration of the underlying rules that govern our world and shows the process of growing up as a struggle to comprehend these rules. It also questions exactly where these rules come from and the nature of reality." from study.com

It's not like all these freaks are reading the book for nothing, you know. Yeesh.

Jackstar

[attachment=1]

By the way, if any of you have any "pound lethal COVID 19," If you could come over and breathe on me I'd appreciate it.

I'd like that now, please.

Silphion

Quote from: pate on September 15, 2020, 12:37:58 AM
I think that was my answer to the "Warm Hole" question...

There will be more upon any sincere and respectful request.

Jackstar

Quote from: Silphion on September 15, 2020, 12:53:22 AM
There will be more upon any sincere and respectful request.

Can I get fries with that? Supersize me of course.

Silphion

Quote from: Jackstar on September 15, 2020, 12:40:59 AM
[attachment=1,msg1421106] hi

What 𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑚 ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒 has that 𝑀𝑎𝑑 𝐻𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 descended within to in these Dark Times?

Or dare one ask?

... 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘭

Jackstar

Quote from: Silphion on September 15, 2020, 12:58:25 AM
Or dare one ask?

Lines are open. Even for people who aren't adorable. You know, Jesus saves, but there ain't nothing going to save all those frown and wrinkle and worry lines y'all are putting on your faces by frowning and screaming all the time. Yeesh.

Were all of you seriously just like born yesterday? How do you even know?

Silphion

On this program - David Adair apparently referred to Dave Schrader as Dave Chappelle (!), unintentionally 𝑝𝑒𝑟ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑠.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 14, 2020, 09:28:01 PM
I’m [a] ghost. I killed myself in a state of severe depression...

Jackstar

Oh yeah, that's all real.

Half of your planet really needs to stop worrying. Your alarm clocks are waking up the other half of the 'Verse. It's worse than Groundhog Day, I'm not going to lie.

[attachment=1]

(by the way, I listed this interview with David before but I kind of fell asleep or stopped to have sex with something cuz I don't remember this part great interview thanks for playing it gets better every time I hear it

I'm going to go censor David's redacted now, massive roll eyes

Dr. MD MD