Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Lilith

Quote from: timebandit on July 23, 2020, 06:43:34 PM
heather of nye..
the face that launched a thousand fansites..
make me immortal with a..

#kiss

No listing for her show tonight yet?   :o

Lilith

Quote from: timebandit on July 23, 2020, 07:39:23 PM

#Heather

Maybe she's meeting up with TheGreatRUBINI to make MidnightInTheDesert GREAT AGAIN!

Maybe Heatha changed her mind about the streaming arrangements.  That seemed to be the only thing that really concerned her.

timebandit

Heisenberg capacitors at full capacity!
Course Locked In!

#PreBurn

Lilith

Quote from: timebandit on July 23, 2020, 09:28:16 PM
Heisenberg capacitors at full capacity!
Course Locked In!

#PreBurn

The tunes are raging...

Lilith

20 Seconds  MARK!

Standing by to GO!

Jackstar

What common cooking ingredient, found in virtually every American kitchen, can be combined with instant chocolate pudding mix in order to create a high explosive?

Silphion

Opening a Witch Bottle  "Uncanny Archaeology" by Samir S. Patel

Around the time of the Salem witch trials in Massachusetts, belief in witchcraft also persisted in England and continental Europe. Witch bottles--small containers filled with personal items, sealed, and buried--are one way witchcraft appears in the archaeological record. The belief was that the buried bottle absorbed a spell, tormenting the witch that cast it. When they are found today, they are almost always broken or empty, but in Greenwich in 2004, workers found a rare, unopened example, a stoneware bellarmine jar. They heard rattling and splashing inside, so the bottle found its way to retired chemist Alan Massey, an old hand at examining witch bottles. It was an unusual opportunity to bring all the tools of modern science (laboratory science and high-tech elemental analysis--our own witchery!) to the study of 17th-century witchcraft.

X-rays revealed pins and nails stuck in the jar's neck (it had been buried upside-down), and a CT scan showed that it was about half-filled with liquid. Using a long needle, scientists penetrated the cork and extracted some of the brew inside. Using proton nuclear magnetic resonance and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, they determined the contents: urine. The bodily fluid was spiked with a metabolite of nicotine, indicating a smoker, and sulfur, the hellish brimstone of the Book of Revelation. After removing the cork, and taking in what was likely a rather unpleasant smell, Massey inventoried the contents: 12 iron nails (one of which was driven through a leather heart), 8 brass pins, clumps of hair, 10 manicured fingernail clippings, and a little clot of what looked like bellybutton lint. Textual sources confirm that these were not unusual items. According to British Archaeology, where the find was first reported, a court record from 1682 documents the recommendation of an apothecary: "take a quart of your Wive's urine, the paring of her Nails, some of her Hair, and such like, and boyl them well in a Pipkin." Apparently, sometimes when you have attracted the attention of a witch, you have to get your hands dirty and resort to a little of the craft yourself.

from Archaeology a publication of the Archaeological Institute of America

Ciardelo

Quote from: Silphion on July 24, 2020, 01:57:27 AM"take a quart of your Wive's urine, the paring of her Nails, some of her Hair, and such like, and boyl them well in a Pipkin."

mmm, not just for breakfast anymore.

Joking aside, that's an interesting find @Silphion!

Hog

Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 24, 2020, 01:46:19 AM
What common cooking ingredient, found in virtually every American kitchen, can be combined with instant chocolate pudding mix in order to create a high explosive?
Ammonia.

peace
Hog

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 24, 2020, 01:46:19 AM

Jelly

timebandit

I shall look at the comet tonight
as a silent....

#HeatherHomage

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on July 24, 2020, 07:48:06 AM
What commonly do you cook with ammonia?

Quote from: Harley Quinn on July 24, 2020, 08:02:13 AM
Jelly

These responses are far more amusing than they are accurate. I'll allow them. They are almost kinda correct.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 22, 2020, 08:45:17 PM
Rubini timestamp @ 3:46:23.

I've caught up on this. It's more interesting than I was led to believe.

A CLIP SO MUCH MORE INTERESTING... oh, nevermind. You get it.

Silphion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wRM-t7wvF0

ℍ𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕖 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕟 𝕒 𝕣𝕠𝕠𝕞 𝕗𝕦𝕝𝕝 𝕠𝕗 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣𝕤 ... ♘

timebandit

Come ON!
Heisenberg copulators at full capacity!
Pre-Ignition Slow burn!

#LetsDoThis!

timebandit

I thought I thought of everything.

#Heatherrific

Lilith