Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Zartax

She hung up on that cat loving ham radio operator

Nyewalker

Are we still going Pahrump this weekend...

Morgus

Quote from: Lilith on May 08, 2020, 10:33:37 PM
I can't believe Art said that.  Even he had Snoory and Punnett.
That was only after his first "retirement" and when his back acted up after years.
In the good 'ole days in the mid 1990s, Art didn't have guest hosts either - when he took off a week once in awhile for a vacation he just played replays.

Nyewalker

Quote from: Morgus on May 08, 2020, 10:58:43 PM
Art didn't have guest hosts either -

We thought Heather was the guest host... We're still waiting

Morgus

Heather is experiencing her own quickening - time speeding up?

timebandit

weird thing to be curious about

Nyewalker

Quote from: Morgus on May 08, 2020, 11:04:06 PM

Artbell Effect?

timebandit

oh great..a cnn listener..non stop propaganda for the sheep

timebandit

hang up!.. not a first time caller...art would

Nyewalker

lol.. still trying to figure out the phone ...

Nyewalker

Quote from: Lilith on May 08, 2020, 09:30:13 PM
I'm kinda disappointed.  Still no BellGab HOTLINE.

Nest Line !!!

Nyewalker

Heather you just played that bumper already before... you hit the wrong button ...

Silphion

Social conditioning and social control will lead inexorably to a BRAVE NEW WORLD

WOTR

Quote from: Zartax on May 08, 2020, 10:25:41 PM
No guest hosts!

Let's be honest and discuss guest hosts...

There was a time when MITD could have attracted some pretty high caliber guest hosts. Even after Art died, I believe that Keith could have found a few good hosts willing to fill in when necessary.

However, after the last few years, and after the dozen "quittening's" and after the drop in listeners, there is not much to offer a potential guest host. I'm gong to go out on a limb and say that the treasury  is likely diminished and there are not big bucks to offer. That leaves exposure to a new audience... And I don't think KON offers that.

She could do what MV did back in the day and let an inexperienced group of 3-4 people host with Tony offering technical guidance. Give somebody a chance to host their own "little internet show" much like MV offered back in the day... But that is also unlikely as she is producing a professional radio program and not just some little internet show. Besides, it is unlikely that untrained guest hosts would "speak radio."

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on May 08, 2020, 11:04:06 PM
I believe the club's DJ just put on an up tempo song for her stage dance.

Lilith

Heatha makes a good point.  Where are all these remote viewers, psychics and powerful catladies with predictions about how this covid thing is going to turn out, and how the economy is going to recover, and when.

Lilith

Well YEAH Heatha, YOU're the witch, YOU should be able to tell us how all this is going to turn out...

Lilith

You turned your back on BellGab Heatha.  That's what it is.

Speak for yourself Heatha, it's your show that's fake.

Lilith

Good call Maker.  People who are in the habit of adapting will adapt, and those who aren't, either won't, or will try to learn how to.

This "safe space" culture, hasn't prepared people for adaption.

Lilith

It will be painful, but individuals/society will be forced to fix it's errors now, since it hasn't been self correcting by choice.

It has been distracting itself with shopping and entertainment, 'till now.

Lilith

I disagree Maker.  I think it's the richer people that have been affected the most.  Nothing has really changed for happy, poor old people like me LOL.

Lilith

No, the problem is not that we're talking about these things AGAIN on Heatha's show, it's that we're talking about them STILL...

#StuckInThe90s

Lilith

I'm sorry you feel that way Heatha.  I find these "fallow times" very very interesting.  I don't feel uneasy about them at all.

Lilith

People aren't taught to expect change, and to be prepared to adapt to it.  When change is forced on people, and they are not taught to expect it, then of COURSE it doesn't feel right.

People have been living in a "false sense of security" fog for decades.

Lilith

I agree that it would be better to call it "physical distancing" instead of calling it "social distancing".

Lilith

I get it about the commercials Heatha.  Even before Covid, all the ads are about peoples medications and health.  It keeps people in constant "health check" mode.  In the old days, we only thought about our health, or called a doctor, when we were sick for more than a few days, or broke a bone.

This "preventative health care" mode does nothing good for anyone except the pockets of the medical/prescription world.

ACE of CLUBS

Lilith . . . why the obsessive love/hate for Heather.  Jealousy?  Envy?  She's doing something with her life?  You're doing nothing with yours? . . .