• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Lilith

May I step in here just for a moment,  to suggest a subscription to Time Magazine?

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on February 10, 2019, 09:59:57 AM
May I step in here just for a moment,  to suggest a subscription to Time Magazine?

I was thinking about returning to Boys' Life, or maybe going for Camazotz's exquisite Omni but if Time has shifted from never ending climate change to Falkie, I may reconsider.

ItsOver

Quote from: Norm on February 09, 2019, 11:47:15 PM
First image, a bit fuzzy but driver states he's pretty sure it's the same female he saw on HW's facebook page

#TheTrueLegacy
#TheBitchStillBlows
#ItWasAllAboutTheAssInTheEnd
#LongLiveTheHotTimes

aldousburbank

Quote from: StarrMountain on February 10, 2019, 07:06:54 AM
You are one whom I've been friends with since the earliest days (besides MV).
I have, and always will, hope and pray the BEST for you, and yours, Aldous. ;) :-*

Kind lady, the feeling is definitely mutual.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 10, 2019, 09:54:48 AM
I just cancelled my Life magazine subscription.  I know, Life's a bitch.

I'm still paying for my AT&T leased phone, dammit! Even though they spun it off into multiple new companies and hide the fee for the phone. They built it solid (non-chinese) plastic and the only phone that rings LOUD (actual metal bell) so I won'r miss political surveys, phishing scams, helpful Indian who want to "fix my windows computer", and folks who want to repair my roof and clean my air ducts with a "special" discount!

VC

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 09, 2019, 08:23:30 PM

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 10, 2019, 10:33:29 AM
Kind lady, the feeling is definitely mutual.

I guess you know HW gave you a very friendly shout-out on one of her Dec. shows. She said you are one of her best friends, and she really misses you "here" -past tense. Hope she can find the help she needs with her latest disappearance. Maybe her new BF will be her transition point.

Do you think she will attempt a come-back someday with KoN or a similar show?

I listened to you on a BellGab or ? ??? show once. Wow! You really experienced some unique and special "American history" back in the day... thanks for sharing! Are there any recent and/or interesting "social movements" you will mention and/or discuss again? Are you elsewhere on YT or on some podcasts that talk more about your experiences, etc. ?

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 10, 2019, 10:57:25 AM
I'm still paying for my AT&T leased phone, dammit! Even though they spun it off into multiple new companies and hide the fee for the phone. They built it solid (non-chinese) plastic and the only phone that rings LOUD (actual metal bell) so I won'r miss political surveys, phishing scams, helpful Indian who want to "fix my windows computer", and folks who want to repair my roof and clean my air ducts with a "special" discount!
Tell us how you REALLY feel about cell phones, Art. ;)

WOTR

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on February 10, 2019, 04:05:54 AM
Well, I just canceled my Heather Wade Kingdom of Nye subscription. Me canceling a podcast is kind of like the federal government getting rid of a wasteful spending program (heck I think I might still be paying a monthly fee to Art Bell's estate or George K. for Art's old After Dark magazine and I'm still a Coast Insider) so I can't imagine that Heather has too awful many subscribers left. If she would have simply done the courtesy of posting an update on her webpage (or even her Facebook account in the public forum which I access through my wife's Facebook since I don't have my own account) I would have probably kept paying her for at least another six months or so.  So what is the honest go God "best guess" as to what happened to her? Heck, I'm a Psych NP student and pretty much all of my patients which run the gamut from Schizophrenia and Bipolar to antisocial personality disorder although they frequently miss appointments, cuss me out, cry, and a wide variety of other actions that I cannot print here almost never completely "drop" off the radar (and they are paying me or at least the company where I'm doing my clinicals).
Take some of your mentally ill patients, give them a public platform and an audience of a few hundred people as well as a few people who despise and harass them on a daily basis and I think you will have your answer as to what happened to her.

aldousburbank

Quote from: VC on February 10, 2019, 02:00:57 PM
I guess you know HW gave you a very friendly shout-out on one of her Dec. shows. She said you are one of her best friends, and she really misses you "here" -past tense. Hope she can find the help she needs with her latest disappearance. Maybe her new BF will be her transition point.

Do you think she will attempt a come-back someday with KoN or a similar show?

I listened to you on a BellGab or ? ??? show once. Wow! You really experienced some unique and special "American history" back in the day... thanks for sharing! Are there any recent and/or interesting "social movements" you will mention and/or discuss again? Are you elsewhere on YT or on some podcasts that talk more about your experiences, etc. ?

Hey VC,
I haven't spoken with Heather since just before her radio silence. I'm not sure what her plans are but I know Pahrump wasn't the best situation for her without Art and I hope she's able to move forward with her life, in or out of Nevada, with or without a show. I usually wait for her to call me but thinking I'll check in with her soon if I don't hear from her. I've pretty much been void of advice for her except to encourage her to take care of her basic needs for proper nutrition and rest. Mostly I listen when she calls which is what feels like the most I can do. I wasn't aware of her mentioning me on air but nice to know. Sometimes I feel bad about the world of crap that's gone down since I first talked her into contacting Art and then eventually drove her there...

Personally my life has been pretty dialed back due to basic life responsibilities. Full time single dad to a teenage boy and making a living takes pretty much everything I've got. Other than that I've been involved in getting a nonprofit organization off the ground whose purpose is to preserve and protect the rapidly diminishing flora and fauna of the Tamaulipan Thornscrub of south Texas. Currently working toward presenting on a couple of plant dork podcasts in the near future and will post that info when available. Other than all that I've been quite blessed with an incredibly wonderful lady in my life but she lives in British Columbia and she and I end up traveling back and forth between Arizona, California, and BC as our work schedules allow. It's complicated, but really nice. Love is so much fun and so foolish simultaneously.

It seems like BG was in a funk for a while. Here's to finding the fun again! 🤡

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 10, 2019, 03:32:11 PM
Hey VC,
I haven't spoken with Heather since just before her radio silence. I'm not sure what her plans are but I know Pahrump wasn't the best situation for her without Art and I hope she's able to move forward with her life, in or out of Nevada, with or without a show. I usually wait for her to call me but thinking I'll check in with her soon if I don't hear from her. I've pretty much been void of advice for her except to encourage her to take care of her basic needs for proper nutrition and rest. Mostly I listen when she calls which is what feels like the most I can do. I wasn't aware of her mentioning me on air but nice to know. Sometimes I feel responsible for the world of crap that's gone down since I first talked her into contacting Art and then eventually drove her there...

Personally my life has been pretty dialed back due to basic life responsibilities. Full time single dad to a teenage boy and making a living takes pretty much everything I've got. Other than that I've been involved in getting a nonprofit organization off the ground whose purpose is to preserve and protect the rapidly diminishing flora and fauna of the Tamaulipan Thornscrub of south Texas. Currently wirking toward presenting on a couple of plant dork podcasts in the near future and will post that info when available. Other than all that I've been quite blessed with an incredibly wonderful lady in my life but she lives in British Columbia and she and I end up traveling back and forth between Arizona, California, and BC as our work schedules allow. It's complicated, but really nice. Love is so much fun and so foolish simultaneously.

+1

WOTR

Hey VC,
I haven't spoken with Heather since just before her radio silence. I'm not sure what her plans are but I know Pahrump wasn't the best situation for her without Art and I hope she's able to move forward with her life, in or out of Nevada, with or without a show. I usually wait for her to call me but thinking I'll check in with her soon if I don't hear from her. I've pretty much been void of advice for her except to encourage her to take care of her basic needs for proper nutrition and rest. Mostly I listen when she calls which is what feels like the most I can do. I wasn't aware of her mentioning me on air but nice to know. Sometimes I feel bad about the world of crap that's gone down since I first talked her into contacting Art and then eventually drove her there...

Personally my life has been pretty dialed back due to basic life responsibilities. Full time single dad to a teenage boy and making a living takes pretty much everything I've got. Other than that I've been involved in getting a nonprofit organization off the ground whose purpose is to preserve and protect the rapidly diminishing flora and fauna of the Tamaulipan Thornscrub of south Texas. Currently working toward presenting on a couple of plant dork podcasts in the near future and will post that info when available. Other than all that I've been quite blessed with an incredibly wonderful lady in my life but she lives in British Columbia and she and I end up traveling back and forth between Arizona, California, and BC as our work schedules allow. It's complicated, but really nice. Love is so much fun and so foolish simultaneously.

A hell of a ride, overall. It's good to hear that she is at least considering leaving the past behind- it can't be healthy...

Now, who do I know that is in B.C?  Please let us know if Lasha is doing alright.  ;)

Finally, if you ever find yourself wandering through Alberta, feel free to look me up.

albrecht

Hey VC,

Nice, who woulda thought it was worth preserving because it seems like a whole lotta nothing and stuff that hurts you! Post your podcasts and links to organization when you got em.

VC

I wasn't aware of her mentioning me on air but nice to know.

That's very kind and generous of you to share with us your thoughts and an update. You can hear HW speak about you in her own voice here:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0wkaBXVFECH

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on February 10, 2019, 04:17:37 PM
A hell of a ride, overall. It's good to hear that she is at least considering leaving the past behind- it can't be healthy...

Now, who do I know that is in B.C?  Please let us know if Lasha is doing alright.  ;)

Finally, if you ever find yourself wandering through Alberta, feel free to look me up.

I think ksm32 is from BC too.

Chad Jacobs

For all of her deficits I think that Heather leaving left a "void" for those of us who enjoy "long format" paranormal oriented talk radio that features guests. It seems like almost everyone else in the game keep their show to around three hours and in the case of Midnight in the Desert it is generally broken up into at least two guests. I guess that I figured that she (Heather) could hold onto at least 1000 or so subscribers if she simply did a show which combined with a bit of advertising revenue should be enough to take home 40 or 50K after expenses.  Heck, pay for my food, internet, and cable and I will never leave the house, hook myself up to a foley cath and rectal bag and get so fat that I have to wash myself with a rag on a stick. Then again that pretty much the dream I'm working towards. I guess I'm saying that from my perspective Heather had a sweet gig. Low expectations, shut in potential, interesting conversations about the paranormal, order in Papa Johns every night what else could someone want out of life?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on February 10, 2019, 06:36:50 PM
For all of her deficits I think that Heather leaving left a "void" for those of us who enjoy "long format" paranormal oriented talk radio that features guests. It seems like almost everyone else in the game keep their show to around three hours and in the case of Midnight in the Desert it is generally broken up into at least two guests. I guess that I figured that she (Heather) could hold onto at least 1000 or so subscribers if she simply did a show which combined with a bit of advertising revenue should be enough to take home 40 or 50K after expenses.  Heck, pay for my food, internet, and cable and I will never leave the house, hook myself up to a foley cath and rectal bag and get so fat that I have to wash myself with a rag on a stick. Then again that pretty much the dream I'm working towards. I guess I'm saying that from my perspective Heather had a sweet gig. Low expectations, shut in potential, interesting conversations about the paranormal, order in Papa Johns every night what else could someone want out of life?

Cat food donations and a new iPad.

chefist

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 10, 2019, 06:45:34 PM

Jesus Christ...not you again. No one to white knight for around here...report me, please...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on February 10, 2019, 06:48:23 PM
Jesus Christ...not you again. No one to white knight for around here...report me, please...

Here we go again! ;D

VC

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on February 10, 2019, 06:36:50 PM

LOL...funny post. :D

I "hate" what MitD/DS/KR did to AB's show format. I was bitching cray enough to get banned for it at EG. Here's DS's attitude about taking calls:

QuoteQuote from: DaveSchrader on October 15, 2018, 09:36:52 PM

I opened to calls.....JUST REMEMBER...this is why I don't bother.

I open to calls, 480-571-3540

And none come. So why bother doing open lines and why bother offering?

DS

I replied to deaf ears about it at EG:

Have FAITH. It takes time for The Word to get out. STOP trashing this idea with defeatist commentary. You have to allow enough time to build interest and enough regular callers to be attracted to joining in. There is A LAG in this time investment to get the rewards.

Do you have a Skype number too? No excuses. There are lots of tablet/computer users that can use Skype too.

The Call-In and Open Lines pay-off will take at least MONTHS to a year [or more] to get that caller interest and a base you/they can count on.

There is NO INSTANT GRATIFICATION HERE.

Wah wah. [I'm your Open Lines and Voice Call-in Coach/Advisor in such wah wah posts as these. I'm patient and persistent about it. You need serious encouragement, and you need to have commitment. KEEP The Faith Baby! The Art Bell Faith! :D]

VC

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 10, 2019, 06:45:34 PM

Have fun with Metron2267 aka Metron aka 26 Horses aka Azzerae [or BF-buddy alter] too? No cat food or iPad required. It self-winds 100+ posts per day up to 8-12hrs daily.

Do let us know... :D

I know Metron and Azzerae are begging for you to post in their/its Open Letter to GravitySucks thread topic.

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on February 10, 2019, 06:52:00 PM
Ha...you have Metron...I have this guy...
This is getting like the square dances in school picking, or getting paired with, partners. Promenade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkiJDw1Kung

Chad Jacobs

Quote from: VC on February 10, 2019, 06:49:46 PM
LOL...funny post. :D

I "hate" what MitD/DS/KR did to AB's show format. I was bitching cray enough to get banned for it at EG. Here's DS's attitude about taking calls:

I replied to deaf ears about it at EG:

Have FAITH. It takes time for The Word to get out. STOP trashing this idea with defeatist commentary. You have to allow enough time to build interest and enough regular callers to be attracted to joining in. There is A LAG in this time investment to get the rewards.

Do you have a Skype number too? No excuses. There are lots of tablet/computer users that can use Skype too.

The Call-In and Open Lines pay-off will take at least MONTHS to a year [or more] to get that caller interest and a base you/they can count on.

There is NO INSTANT GRATIFICATION HERE.

Wah wah. [I'm your Open Lines and Voice Call-in Coach/Advisor in such wah wah posts as these. I'm patient and persistent about it. You need serious encouragement, and you need to have commitment. KEEP The Faith Baby! The Art Bell Faith! :D]
I agree making callers and effective part of the show takes several things including:
a. A relatively large listener base (something Art enjoyed by virtue of his audience/ almost monopoly on the topic of the paranormal during his heyday).
b.  The ability to handle (or even make entertaining) off topic, or digressing callers. Again Art had this ability in spades.

The thing is on his old "Darkness Radio" show Dave and Tim sometimes took callers and it really added to the show most of the time.  I believe that their old Darkness Radio format enjoyed a larger audience (when the internet feed was combined with the Minn radio feeds) than perhaps even he (or sadly anyone else) realized. Still to take callers without sacrificing the interview you need time, something Art (and Heather) had with their four hour (and in the case of Art sometimes FIVE) hour formats. To me three hours is too short, but if you are going to go with three hours then try to stay with one guest.  Of course sometimes that one guest will bomb, (in which case open lines is an option), but the alternative is that you will always be short on time with the truly captivating guests.

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on February 10, 2019, 07:01:07 PM
This is getting like the square dances in school picking, or getting paired with, partners. Promenade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkiJDw1Kung

True...

Corona Kitty

QuoteQuote
Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 15, 2018, 09:36:52 PM

I opened to calls.....JUST REMEMBER...this is why I don't bother.

I open to calls, 480-571-3540

And none come. So why bother doing open lines and why bother offering?

DS

pathetic beta male.

paladin1991

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 15, 2019, 07:36:40 PM
They are! I had some health issues, and something was wrong with my computer for a while I couldn't log into BellGab!
Good to see you too, Doc! Just a little posting, wow, lots of changes. I hope Hoaxland is holding up.
jWell, fuck dude.  Go to the doctor.  No.  Not the Dickdr, a real doctor that went to school and everything.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on February 11, 2019, 03:56:47 AM
jWell, fuck dude.  Go to the doctor.  No.  Not the Dickdr, a real doctor that went to school and everything.

Well, look who finally got brave enough to resume his faggotry here. :D