• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

BellGabathonâ„¢ 2018

Started by heater, May 27, 2018, 11:51:24 AM

Will you listen live to BellGabathonâ,,¢ 2018?

yes
31 (14.2%)
no
135 (61.6%)
yes / no
0 (0%)
maybe
15 (6.8%)
don't care
38 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 219

Voting closed: June 11, 2018, 11:55:25 AM

heater

Let yourselves be duly noted by the creation of this thread that the Bellgabathonâ,,¢ 2018 is happening at a date to be announced soon (Probably in August).  It will take a village to pull off another successful 'thon so if you want to contribute this thread will be the planning space for it.

We will form planning committees here and assign tasks to be completed.

First committee to be formed is the voting categories.  I need 4 people to join me (first come first serve) to define the different categories we will be voting on.  We can do some of the same as 2017 but new ones are welcomed as well.

There will be several honorary statuses awarded this year.  The BellGab.comâ,,¢ Hall of Fame opens its doors for the first time and will be inducting 2 members this year!

BellGabber of the Yearâ,,¢ will be awarded by a special select committee rather than voting this year.  We will still have the People's Choice BellGabber of the year but the select committee's choice will hold a spot in the HOF on our memorial stone.  Great news, (Redacted) is busy right now designing the stone!

Use this thread to recommend other committees or if you want to host a segment in the show.  Like last year we will have up to 4 hours of live show with 30 minutes segments hosted by anyone that would like to sit in the chair, groups welcome & you can use your time to take calls, promote your website or podcast...whatever you want.

Don't forget the main purpose is to make this website some money so we look forward to your pre-show donations and live show donations.  Be sure to add a note to your donation that its for the BellGabathonâ,,¢ 2018 so Liberace knows this undertaking is worth the effort.

QuoteBellGabathonâ,,¢ 2018

I'm all In... as long as MV sings..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyD4y_HkZwY

SredniVashtar

It's like the Blitz all over again, and we all remember how successful that was. It's also being 'organised' again by someone of questionable gender. There's nothing new under the sun.

whoozit

I’ll be doing a competing BellGabathon on the LNM network.  I tentatively have it planned for the sixth of never but may change the starting date and/or network a few times.

GravitySucks

I already didn’t donate to AlienConâ,,¢️

I guess I can save up and not donate to this until later.

Jojo

Someone please be sure to remind me of the date and time, in what time zone, and give me detailed user instructions.  Please.

I don't intuitively know the diff between if I have to call in, chat in, or get on a website broadcast podcast thing, or what.

heater

Thanks everyone! we will be moving forward quickly starting this coming week.

heater

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 28, 2018, 01:43:10 PM
I'm in.  Butt no homo.

Perfect.  if you change your mind just let me know.

Quote from: IamNotPickleRick! on May 27, 2018, 11:51:24 AM
Let yourselves be duly noted by the creation of this thread that the Bellgabathonâ,,¢ 2018 is happening at a date to be announced soon (Probably in August).  It will take a village to pull off another successful 'thon so if you want to contribute this thread will be the planning space for it.

damon

Curtis I will join you for the fun. Also can Falkie be in charge of WHO GETS THE TROLL AWARD FOR 2018.

ninjashoes

*cough cough

*ahem

my time please.

Jackstar

I'm flexible. I can help either way.

I'll put together some clips and PSAs, like this one from mv on child rearing:

http://duq2.com/audio/mv-children-cat.mp3

heater

BELLGABATHON SPONSORED BY SCORPION ARMY

heater

Quote from: ninjashoes on June 07, 2018, 09:17:12 PM
*cough cough

*ahem

my time please.

Wouldnt be a BellGabathon without you sir

heater

Things are starting to move forward. We will have a voting board with some instructions soon for how you can create an official voting topic. It’s important for the ‘big’ awards that we hide the poll results until after the show so it doesnt give away the effect. Post any topic ideas here and if you want a segment call for it asap. They will be in half hour increments and let me know if youll want to take calls or just talk.

GravitySucks

Quote from: heater on June 12, 2018, 11:35:32 AM
Things are starting to move forward. We will have a voting board with some instructions soon for how you can create an official voting topic. It’s important for the ‘big’ awards that we hide the poll results until after the show so it doesnt give away the effect. Post any topic ideas here and if you want a segment call for it asap. They will be in half hour increments and let me know if youll want to take calls or just talk.

I think you should charge $20 per segment to host. That brings in some base level bucks. Pay to play.

WhiteCrow

I kinda liked the idea of an award for the person Grub burnt the most.  I could be wrong.

GravitySucks

I think we need to have one for the Bellgabber that sounds most like Connie Willis.

heater

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 12, 2018, 03:52:41 PM
I kinda liked the idea of an award for the person Grub burnt the most.  I could be wrong.

Grub burns are the best when it takes 2 readings to realize she got you.

heater

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 12, 2018, 12:12:35 PM
I think you should charge $20 per segment to host. That brings in some base level bucks. Pay to play.

We tried that last time but I’m up for a different take on it. How about an ‘I donated to BellGab’ avatar image ‘exclusive’ to donators. Or a club that donors can join to get hotline access to the show. We can call it the ‘turbo club’

GravitySucks

Quote from: heater on June 12, 2018, 05:37:16 PM

ikr?

GravitySucks

Quote from: heater on June 12, 2018, 05:41:14 PM
We tried that last time but I’m up for a different take on it. How about an ‘I donated to BellGab’ avatar image ‘exclusive’ to donators. Or a club that donors can join to get hotline access to the show. We can call it the ‘turbo club’
Maybe whichever segment host drums up the most donations during their segment gets a “Cup of Keith” from the Bart’s Sharts store.

It was just an idea. And about last night. I tried two different skypes. I didn’t know why you refused to answer. If I had hotline access would you still have refused to answer?

starrmtn001

Quote from: heater on June 12, 2018, 05:41:14 PM
How about Donor-Boner coffee mugs?

starrmtn001

Quote from: heater on June 12, 2018, 05:37:16 PM
What are grub burns, a rash?  Is it contagious?

Juan

Maybe she can’t cook and burned dinner.