• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

'Fun' With XP Passport

Started by bobcollum, April 14, 2009, 04:17:34 PM

bobcollum

I placed an order through Amazon last Tuesday with a company named XP Passport for an RF modulator and a 3 ft RG-59 coaxial cable(regular cable wire), and as usual, I expected 2-3 days would pass before the order shipped out...but by the end of the week there was no change in the status of the order. So now I'm kinda pissed, mainly because I wanted to save what ended up being about 10$ by going online and avoiding Radio Shack's basic modulator, which unlike the one I ordered, only has one device input(ordered one has 4, and automatically changes when a device is powered on)...so on Sunday, I reached my breaking point and wanted to cancel my order.

So from the XP Passport site, the cancel order link sent me to my Amazon order page, where it told me to cancel it by contacting XP Passport, which was the point that I realized this wasn't going to go smoothly. I typed out a message, providing my order#, why I wanted to cancel, and informed them that there had been no money exchanged yet, and I wanted it to stay that way. I still haven't heard from XP Passport regarding that e-mail. Today, I check it again, and it says it has shipped, and I received an e-mail from Amazon last night saying that it had shipped, and the payment has gone through and yada yada. Now the problem is the transaction hasn't gone through yet according to my bank, so I'm wondering if it actually did get canceled. I can't track it, because its being shipped USPS and their system for tracking sucks if you don't pay to make it important(registered, insured, express)....I know, I was a letter carrier for a time. The bitch about all of this is I need it for my poor mom, who is a sweet 55 year old woman stricken with brain cancer, basically paralyzed on the right side of her body, and living in a nursing home. She broke the screen on the portable dvd player I bought her for Christmas, so I'm trying to hook it up to her tv. The sweet part about it is it plays divx files, which means I can fit a whole lot of video on one dvd, and she absolutely loves it, which I love. But that is a whole other story, a very sad story.

So in closing, please try to avoid XP Passport if possible, because they remind me of George Noory and his inherent suckiness, and their shipping prices are also a bit high. It was about a third of the entire order, and that was the cheapest they offered.

Whew! That felt good.

EvB

QuoteSo from the XP Passport site, the cancel order link sent me to my Amazon order page, where it told me to cancel it by contacting XP Passport, which was the point that I realized this wasn't going to go smoothly.

DAMN you're sharp!   ;D

MV/Liberace!

haha... i love this kind of public announcement of customer service nightmares.  i even created a board specifically for this purpose on this site once, but it didn't get any traction.

i just invited the fine folks at XPPassport to take a look at your post.  hope they do something to make it right for you.  many internet retailers REALLY REALLY REALLY do business like they absolutely don't care what kind of experience their customers have.

let us know if they do anything for you, bob.

bobcollum

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 14, 2009, 10:20:34 PM
i just invited the fine folks at XPPassport to take a look at your post.  hope they do something to make it right for you.  many internet retailers REALLY REALLY REALLY do business like they absolutely don't care what kind of experience their customers have.

This is by far the worst experience I've ever had with small on-line purchases. Usually I am able to avoid these types of problems, but unfortunately this item is discontinued and they were the only company that had what I wanted. In the big scheme of things, this is a pretty minor problem compared to some of the nightmares I've heard before, but its still enough to make me want to exact some form of revenge.

The money was withdrawn today from my bank account, so I guess I can expect it tomorrow....perhaps. Still no response to my original request to cancel, and I can't wait to provide my feedback on Amazon once the order is completed. Thanks for trying to lure them here, hopefully it will knock some practical business sense into them.

bobcollum

Package received yesterday, no problems, and I just won't send them any money from now on.

Case closed, or something.

Centurion73

Quote from: bobcollum on April 17, 2009, 03:14:04 PM
Package received yesterday, no problems, and I just won't send them any money from now on.

Case closed, or something.

Your horror story has made me think about them so it has worked, glad you got your product sad you had to go through so much shit for it.