Started by GravitySucks, January 26, 2018, 11:49:16 PM

GravitySucks

I never watch Fox but this is pretty funny

https://youtu.be/ZHlRybJTc-g

GravitySucks

Maxine Waters - still calling for impeachment

https://youtu.be/_02aVQmqLOg

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 31, 2018, 08:16:06 PM
He tried to tell us, but noone listened...

Nathaniel Grigsby - Died 1890, Attica, Kansas

Love it!!!

I've felt this way since I was old enough to vote.

Pud actually wants to give credit to Obama for record unemployment and great tax cuts among other things.  What a bunch of hogwash.  He knows as well as we do that the economy didn't kick into high gear until Trump took over.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 01, 2018, 06:03:03 AM
Pud actually wants to give credit to Obama for record unemployment and great tax cuts among other things.  What a bunch of hogwash.  He knows as well as we do that the economy didn't kick into high gear until Trump took over.
Of course that is true but aside from a pension, which presumably would be invested mainly in blue-chip companies the left hates, why would you presume YP wants the American economy to grow or even be stable/strong? Yes, he fled here but not for some kind of reason of liking America, wishing it well, wanting to contribute as an immigrant, or as an opportunity to make money etc but, as he mentions all the time, personal reasons (marriage and a pension.) I'm sure a lot of visitors, or even foreign investors, don't mind a weak economy, because their currency will buy more-  just like when we travel or retire abroad- you want a strong dollar and weak local currency.

Yorkshire pud

Record unemployment was in the 1930's (per capita) "The unemployment rate has varied from as low as 1% during World War I to as high as 25% during the Great Depression. More recently, it reached peaks of 10.8% in November 1982 and 10.0% in October 2009."

Now, the loss of jobs happened in recent time prior to 2008 after the great crash. Since late 2009, the employment rate has increased. It's been rising ever since all over the west, and not because of Trump. If someone builds a wall and you put the last brick in, does that mean you built the entire wall? Of course not.

The highest tax cuts weren't under Trump, not even close.

Tax bill

Inflation-adjusted dollars

American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (enacted in 2013)

$321 billion

Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010

$210 billion

Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981

$208 billion

Current tax proposal

$150 billion - $220 billion

Revenue Act of 1964

$64 billion

Revenue Act of 1945

$60 billion

Revenue Act of 1978

$55 billion

Revenue Act of 1948

$38 billion

And here are the tax laws ordered from highest to lowest as a percentage of GDP:

Tax bill

Percentage of GDP

Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981

2.89 percent

Revenue Act of 1945

2.67 percent

Revenue Act of 1948

1.87 percent

American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (enacted in 2013)

1.78 percent

Revenue Act of 1964

1.6 percent

Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010

1.31 percent

Current tax proposal
0.8 percent-1.2 percent

Revenue Act of 1978

0.8 percent

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/oct/26/donald-trump/donald-trump-wrong-his-tax-plan-biggest-cut-ever/

He even claimed he had the highest viewing figures for his SOTU address...He didn't. Obama did.

How can a president be so insecure he has to lie about provable facts in order to bolster his self worth?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on February 01, 2018, 10:55:02 AM
Of course that is true but aside from a pension, which presumably would be invested mainly in blue-chip companies the left hates, why would you presume YP wants the American economy to grow or even be stable/strong? Yes, he fled here but not for some kind of reason of liking America, wishing it well, wanting to contribute as an immigrant, or as an opportunity to make money etc but, as he mentions all the time, personal reasons (marriage and a pension.) I'm sure a lot of visitors, or even foreign investors, don't mind a weak economy, because their currency will buy more-  just like when we travel or retire abroad- you want a strong dollar and weak local currency.

Why is your trait to completely throw in stuff that is either a non sequitur or just a lie? I want the economy to thrive, but I (and you should) care that someone (in this case Trump) just blatantly lies about his achievements. He hasn't brought in the highest tax cuts ever. (in reality the GOP brought in the bill, he just signed it off without knowing what was in it, otherwise he wouldn't have said he'd be worse off-he obviously isn't. Draining the swamp and all that nonsense).

Why does he lie so much and his cult lap it up as fact?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 01, 2018, 11:05:47 AM

Why is your trait to completely throw in stuff that is either a non sequitur or just a lie? I want the economy to thrive, but I (and you should) care that someone (in this case Trump) just blatantly lies about his achievements. He hasn't brought in the highest tax cuts ever. (in reality the GOP brought in the bill, he just signed it off without knowing what was in it, otherwise he wouldn't have said he'd be worse off-he obviously isn't. Draining the swamp and all that nonsense).

Why does he lie so much and his cult lap it up as fact?

I do agree with you that his tax cuts are the highest or greatest ever.  Reagan owns that achievement.

Gd5150

Makes you wonder why the left went ape shit crazy over this minuscule tax cut. Sounds like we need another one.

ItsOver

And this guy was responsible for Obama's eight years of failure.  ;D

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 01, 2018, 11:13:29 AM
I do agree with you that his tax cuts are are not the highest or greatest ever.  Reagan owns that achievement.

Corrected

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on February 01, 2018, 11:30:26 AM
Makes you wonder why the left went ape shit crazy over this minuscule tax cut. Sounds like we need another one.

Nope...The 'ape shit' was because it will mainly benefit the very rich (Like Trump) who Trump said would be worse off. He lied about that. I wonder why?

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 01, 2018, 10:55:02 AM
...Yes, he fled here but .... as he mentions all the time, personal reasons (marriage and a pension.)
True.  We should recognise Pud as a gold digging, mail order bride.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on February 01, 2018, 11:33:55 AM
And this guy was responsible for Obama's eight years of failure.  ;D

It was a global recession (it was in all the papers and on TV and everything). Obama didn't have eight years of failure any more than Trump will have four years of unmitigated success. Obama, Bush and Clinton didn't cost as much either. Trump has so far run up enough golfing expenses to outstrip them easily.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on February 01, 2018, 11:50:38 AM
That's really just your opinion.

Nope..Its a fact. The rich are favoured.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on February 01, 2018, 11:51:00 AM
True.  We should recognise Pud as a gold digging, mail order bride.

You're only jealous. ;D

Yorkshire pud

I do agree with you that his tax cuts are the highest or greatest ever.  Reagan owns that achievement.

It doesn't matter that you agree with me. The figures speak for themselves. But it didn't stop Trump suggesting otherwise. The problem is that some believe him.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 31, 2018, 08:16:06 PM
He tried to tell us, but noone listened...

Nathaniel Grigsby - Died 1890, Attica, Kansas

Kansas, Aye?

Well, as a Kansan, I can assure you that it isn't only Democrats F**KING everything up.  Why, Mr. Grigsby...you look like Governor Brownback (R) just walked over your grave...on his way out of town...with his tail between his legs...appointed by Trump...to begin yet another job..in politics.  I wouldn't trust this guy to oversee the operation of a lemonade stand.

Now if the guy would have stated "politicians" on his stone, I would respect it better.

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 01, 2018, 11:48:25 AM

Nope...The 'ape shit' was because it will mainly benefit the very rich (Like Trump) who Trump said would be worse off. He lied about that. I wonder why?

For the sake of continuing this conversation, (yes, I hear that collective Bellgab sigh of "no, please don't") but I, my good man, am curious. If I were to agree with you, on all your points, what have you accomplished? Would you feel better physically? Would this improve your emotional/mental state? Would it make you more money and/or put more food on your table? Would this put a smile on your face and make the world seem to be a better place? What changes for you, personally?

Please, don't take my word on this matter. Climb the mountain and listen to the Oracle of Chappaqua.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuW_7sktdBc

Gd5150

Statistics are a neat thing, you can cherry pick 1 and run with it. This is nothing new. The Trump corporate tax cut is the biggest in history, rivaling one that occurred under Reagan. Is it going to stimulate the economy and help the workin class? Yep. There’s no possible way it couldn’t. So it’s a good thing.

It’s difficult to find the data as the top 100 links on google are the MSDemoKKkRat media stories running the exact same info as our lemming friend did this morning. Surprised? No.

Let’s look at other times our noble saviors said far worse: off the top of my head...

You can keep your doctor - Obama/MSMeda
Free healthcare for all - Obama/MSMedia
It’s going to lower premiums - Obama/MSMedia
I didn’t have sexual relations wth that woman miss Lewinski - Clinton
Grandma will have to eat dogfood - Pilosi Clinton Obama Schumer Clinton The entire MSDemokkkrat media.
Bush lied, there were no WMDs - the entire left and half moron establishment after it became convenient.
Quote"Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors." Bill Clinton - 1998

The biggest whopper of all
We have a 3 trillion dollar surplus - Clinton/MSMedia 6/2000
We have a 4 trillion dollar surplus - Clinton/MSMedia 7/2000
We have a 5.5 trillion dollar surplus - Clinton/MSMedia 8/2000

So yeah, statistics are used to sell ones position.

Imagine if the entire government, stock market, economics department in every university in the world, every business, everyone who were in charge of economic data were a right conservative in favor of smaller government, more private sector growth. Imagine how they could manipulate the data to promote their views. Change economics to climate studies, and you have today’s corrupt man made climate change movement.

Bottom line: the Trump Tax cut is going to contribute to an economic boom and we’ve been seeing the impact of his pro business philosophy since the day he was elected. You’re welcome.

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 01, 2018, 12:25:26 PM

It doesn't matter that you agree with me. The figures speak for themselves. But it didn't stop Trump suggesting otherwise. The problem is that some believe him.

So what you're saying is- this is what keeps you up at night?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on February 01, 2018, 01:01:49 PM
For the sake of continuing this conversation, (yes, I hear that collective Bellgab sigh of "no, please don't") but I, my good man, am curious. If I were to agree with you, on all your points, what have you accomplished? Would you feel better physically? Would this improve your emotional/mental state? Would it make you more money and/or put more food on your table? Would this put a smile on your face and make the world seem to be a better place? What changes for you, personally?

Please, don't take my word on this matter. Climb the mountain and listen to the Oracle of Chappaqua.

I'll turn that on its head. If Trump instead of lying everyday about a range of topics that in his head make him look far better than he is, and today had an epiphany and vowed to not only be truthful (even where telling the truth is better for him than lying) but not demand loyalty to him from everyone, would you and the rest of the cult realise that until that point you'd been duped?

As for me, I frankly couldn't give a shit that Trump lies if it makes him feel good and the cult lap it up...What I do care about is how it undermines the security of the world, the standing of everyone in the USA to the rest of the word (and it might not matter to you, but the minority of the electorate who voted for Trump do not represent the USA), and the future of both.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on February 01, 2018, 01:13:21 PM
So what you're saying is- this is what keeps you up at night?

Didn't keep me up sweedie. I was just pointing out that it's vital to Trump that he wants everyone to believe him, even when the stuff he says is provable. I'm sure that you'd say jack shit if it wasn't Trump saying it. Naaa, I don't.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on February 01, 2018, 01:07:12 PM
Statistics are a neat thing, you can cherry pick 1 and run with it. This is nothing new. The Trump corporate tax cut is the biggest in history,

Yep, you proved it...You cherry picked it.  ;D

Now post what it is across the board..

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 01, 2018, 01:13:58 PM

I'll turn that on its head. If Trump instead of lying everyday about a range of topics that in his head make him look far better than he is, and today had an epiphany and vowed to not only be truthful (even where telling the truth is better for him than lying) but not demand loyalty to him from everyone, would you and the rest of the cult realise that until that point you'd been duped?

As for me, I frankly couldn't give a shit that Trump lies if it makes him feel good and the cult lap it up...What I do care about is how it undermines the security of the world, the standing of everyone in the USA to the rest of the word (and it might not matter to you, but the minority of the electorate who voted for Trump do not represent the USA), and the future of both.

You still haven't answered my question and I seriously doubt that you will. Your rage seems to have unbalanced you.

So this is what you really think is going on in a typical White House cabinet meeting. If you do, then- come join the fuehrer future, Pud!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf9iTZ433zs

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 01, 2018, 01:16:20 PM
Didn't keep me up sweedie. I was just pointing out that it's vital to Trump that he wants everyone to believe him, even when the stuff he says is provable. I'm sure that you'd say jack shit if it wasn't Trump saying it. Naaa, I don't.  ;)

Beg pardon, but we thought that was why you post so much on the subject. It appears that this is something you both have in common.

Dr. MD MD

21st agreeing with pud. How surprising!  ::) ;D