• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ed "No Shame" Dames

Started by Ruteger, April 10, 2009, 08:20:26 AM

ShayP

Quote from: Lunger on October 23, 2012, 06:28:23 AM
That always struck me as well.  Retired as a Major?  I just can't see how that is possible.  Captian is automatic after 6 years.  Major is pretty much a lock after 8 or 9 years.  If you stay in the same grade for 6+ years something is seriously wrong.

I have never even heard of a 'retired' Major before....he had to have been forced out.

Just as I stated to Sardoni...I mean no disrespect, but these comments are not true and are just assumptions.  Many veterans with 20 years in or more have retired at different ranks.  There are many factors involved in promotion.  You can be a good soldier and put in many years in your MOS (Military occupational specialty) and retire with honors at a lower rank.  Plus some MOS's will only take you but so far in promotion. (i.e you may only max out as a Master Seargent)  The MOS may be changed and you could keep your current rank but you still have to put time in to achieve promotion in the new MOS.

You can't just assume that tenure equals promotion.

By the way...in this modern military, one would be lucky to serve 20 years.  In my opinion, it is increasingly difficult to have a "career" in the military.  The big cuts in the early-mid 90's forced out a lot of people who served many years.  If you were approaching retirement, they found a way to get you out whether it be on a medical discharge or forced retirement. 

Lunger

Quote from: ShayP on October 24, 2012, 12:08:42 PM
Just as I stated to Sardoni...I mean no disrespect, but these comments are not true and are just assumptions.  Many veterans with 20 years in or more have retired at different ranks.  There are many factors involved in promotion.  You can be a good soldier and put in many years in your MOS (Military occupational specialty) and retire with honors at a lower rank.  Plus some MOS's will only take you but so far in promotion. (i.e you may only max out as a Master Seargent)  The MOS may be changed and you could keep your current rank but you still have to put time in to achieve promotion in the new MOS.

By the way...in this modern military, one would be lucky to serve 20 years.  In my opinion, it is increasingly difficult to have a "career" in the military.  The big cuts in the early-mid 90's forced out a lot of people who served many years.  If you were approaching retirement, they found a way to get you out whether it be on a medical discharge or forced retirement.

That is certainly all true, but if one is in an MOS that will puts limits on promotions that limit is usually gonna be O-6.  If Dames stayed a full 20 then I can see where he started as an enlisted puke.

ShayP

Quote from: Lunger on October 24, 2012, 01:14:56 PM
That is certainly all true, but if one is in an MOS that will puts limits on promotions that limit is usually gonna be O-6.  If Dames stayed a full 20 then I can see where he started as an enlisted puke.

Yeah, I see what you are saying.  For instance if you are an E-5 for 6 years you will go before a Retention Board and they determine your fate.  Potential officers have to go through OBC (Officer Basic course) and they encourage schooling therefore most officers go to college.  In reference to Ed Dames, I don't know if he went to college.  He would've needed schooling to get where he was at retirement.  Plus all these things are based on qualifications.  It is difficult, and internal politics (like anywhere else) have a lot to do with the promotion too.

Keep in mind.....you have a lot of levels (ranks) to go through to go from Private to Private 1st Class to Corporal to Sergeant up the chain to to Major.  It sometimes takes 10 years to be a Sergeant.  It all depends.  Just saying.  ;)

Morgus

I found this info doing a google search on "Major Ed Dames Army Career":

Major Edward Dames
Edward Arthur Dames joined the United States Army in 1967, enlisting as a paratrooper at the age of seventeen. After serving one year as an Airborne Infantryman, Mr. Dames transferred to the Army Security Agency, and was assigned to the Far East to support National Security Agency missions in that part of the world. In 1974, Mr. Dames returned home to attend college, quickly earning a four-year scholarship for academic excellence. After three years as an undergraduate at the University of California, Berkeley, where he double-majored in Bioelectronics and Chinese, Mr. Dames joined Berkeley's ROTC program, becoming a Distinguished Military Graduate, in 1978.

Newly commissioned as a second lieutenant in Military Intelligence, Mr. Dames was sent to be trained as a tactical electronic warfare officer and, for three years, was assigned to Germany to intercept and jam Soviet and Czech communications. From there he was recruited by a scientific and technical military intelligence "black unit", ultimately to direct clandestine operations against high-value foreign targets. He remained in deep cover, travelling worldwide under assumed identities

In 1981, Mr. Dames' life changed forever. The Soviets had been secretly developing a sophisticated biological weapons program. Mr. Dames and his elite military group were tasked to identify the components of these deadly, toxic weapons. Covert operatives that he had recruited were unable to penetrate the Soviets' wall of secrecy. Out of desperation, he contemplated the use of psychics to help uncover this critical information. In reality, the U.S. Army was already considering the possibility of employing psychics for intelligence collection, but very few high- ranking officers were willing to risk their careers over the stigma associated with such a project.

Nevertheless, the U.S. Army began a funded study at the Stanford Research Institute to systematise psychic phenomena and develop a working tool by which "non-psychics" would also be able to utilise psychic functioning for the purpose of acquiring reliable and consistent information. Mr. Dames became the operations and training officer of this team, which ultimately achieved its goal by developing the technique now known as Remote Viewing.

Back in Washington D.C., in 1984, Mr. Dames and his team applied their remote viewing abilities to the toughest national intelligence problems, such as locating and tracking international terrorists and their hostages and, finally, uncovering key data surrounding the Soviet offensive biological warfare program. The results of these efforts were briefed to Congress and the U.S. President. For his work, Mr. Dames was awarded two Army Meritorious Service Medals and the Legion of Merit. Additionally, he was personally credited by the Defense Intelligence Agency with penetrating the Soviet Defense Counciltin that agency's words, "a singularly profound act." Over the years, the remote viewing information that he collected continued to be secretly used by numerous government agencies, and by all branches of the military

As a result of increasing turmoil and turnover in the ranks of top Army intelligence leadership during the late 1980's, "channelers" and psychic charlatans were recruited to co-mingle with the trained professionals in the unit. Worse yet, various politicians, desiring information about their political and personal futures, began to approach the project, turning it into a "three-ring circus." Rather than being forced to stand by and witness the disintegration of his unit's effectiveness and the loss of remote viewing technology, Major Dames retired from the U.S. Army, taking the original team's best and brightest with him to form his Beverly Hills, California based company, PSI TECH.

In late 1991, during the Gulf War, PSI TECH provided intelligence on Saddam Hussein to the National Security Council, and located Iraq's hidden biological warfare stockpiles for the United Nations. These endeavours earned Mr. Dames and PSI TECH the attention of the world press. Currently, PSI TECH's clients range from the leaders of Fortune 500 corporations, to academics in science, medicine and law, as well as select individuals from the private sector who undergo the firm's specialized training. Since 1983, when Mr. Dames began teaching and employing these incredible skills, he has perfected remote viewing methods and techniques, employing his Technical Remote Viewing training and operations protocols, which guarantee his commercial clients an unprecedented 100% data accuracy rate.

Juan

Quote from: Morgus on October 24, 2012, 02:48:18 PM
unprecedented 100% data accuracy rate.
Well, that part is right, anyway - 100% accurately wrong.

ItsOver

Dames should just move into a double-wide and hang up a sign.

Sardondi

Please don't misunderstand: I am in no way saying there is something to be ashamed of in retiring as an NCO. Far from it, since anyone with a reasonable familiarity of the military knows that the NCO corps (and to some degree the junior officers - lieutenants and captains, or company-level officers if we're talking Army/Marines) of a particular military arm is its backbone.

First we've got to recognize there are two entirely separate tracks in the military: officers and enlisted, or what the British used to call "other ranks". They're separate tracks. It's possible for an enlisted man to be lifted to officer land (like Dames), but it's not common. So there's really no such thing as retiring "only" as a Master Sergeant. They're just separate career tracks, and in fact the man who retires as a Master Sergeant, even though there are many more of them, it is roughly the equivalent of an officer who retires as a Brigadier General, which is no small feat. That's because in the enlisted track, a Master Sergeant, which rank is administratively known as "E-8" out of generally 9 enlisted ranks, is roughly the equivalent of a major general which is level 8 ("O-8") out of 10 levels of officer rank.   

Otherwise, there is a very strict formula for determining retention/promotion in the service. Each rank has a cut-off date of your time in service by which time you must have been promoted to the next rank. Although technically "pass-overs" are given at least one year to get promoted, this almost never happens, and so separation from the service results.  And what's worse, it's a numbers/percentage game.

...You can't just assume that tenure equals promotion....

Except that's just the way the US military is set up, just the other way around. Meaning that you must be promoted to remain in. There is simply no such thing as a low-ranking old soldier. You'll find that all soldiers of similar length of service are all the same rank. That's because there is most definitely a yardstick by which the service measures your years of service and rank, and you must conform.

I'm sorry, but you MUST be promoted in the US military or you are discharged. The official policy of the US military, for enlisted, NCO and officers of all ranks, is "up-or-out". You are given a set number of years at a particular rank and then if you are not promoted, you are in essence fired. Or as the military euphemistically puts it, you aren't "permitted to re-enlist". What makes it worse is it that it is purely a numbers game, in that at each rank, the rules require, repeat, require that a certain percentage of all soldiers of your particular rank be passed-over for promotion. So conceivably some great soldiers, Marines, airmen and sailors can get fired because they had a son-of-a-bitch commanding officer for the last year, or maybe they got caught sleeping with the colonel's daughter. Bottom line: if your "fitness reports"  are in the crapper, your military career is soon to follow. So it can mean a lot of good soldiers get "fired". But it's been that way pretty much since WWII.

For example, for "0-3" officers (Army, Air Force and Marine captains, and Navy lieutenants) who have been in service for 10 years, some 20% must be "passed-over", or denied promotion. The pass-overs are given one more year to make grade, but only 2% (2%!!!!) of those passed over once are promoted on the second try. So if you haven't taken the hint on the first pass-over and quit, when you're passed-over the second time you are discharged from the service, but it's an "involuntary separation", and that doesn't look good. So when most folks get their first pass-over, they pull the plug, as my F-in-Law did when he didn't get his star. And FYI, it gets tougher every year, e.g., 70% make it to major, 60% make it to lt. colonel, and only 50% make it to full colonel.

It gets even worse for the ranks of general officers, since there are something over 4,000 full colonels in the Army, but by law the ranks of Brigadier General (one star) are limited to 150 (!!). So that's a pass-over rate, or fail rate, of almost 97%!

But if you ever make it to Brigadier General, your odds go way up that you'll get a second or even third star! Because the rules permit 99 major generals (two stars) (promotion rate of 67%!); and 43 lieutenant generals (three stars) ( promotion rate of over 43%). It gets tougher for "General" (four stars) since there are only 9 of them (promotion rate of 21%). Isn't that just like corporate life? Once you make it into "the club" you're almost guaranteed that you'll be taken care of  and given a couple of more promotions at least!

And you're right about the difficulty of a military carer, as you see from the numbers.

* Although I don't think there's been an actual "retirement" as a private/airman/seaman from the US military since perhaps the 1930s - these days if you don't get promoted as an enlisted man you're separated from the service., about which more above.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding Dames's personal declaration of self-love which Morgus found, I guarantee if the US military/intel community was satisfied that it had even one RVer who could put them into the Politburo or Central Committee for an expenditure of little more than Cokes and Fritos for the breaks, it would have done so; and essentially have made Dames the most highly remunerated individual on the government payroll in US history. But that didn't happen did it?

What could have happened that he didn't wind up with decorations better than a LoM and Meritorious Service (adult versions of Scouting's Citizenship merit badge - something you got for making sure the Colonel's coffee was always hot, and his latrine always had toilet paper)? Well, the adults in the room would have said, "We like you,  Ed. We really do. But before we go wetting ourselves over the weapon that will allow us to absolutely dominate the world, let's actually test it ourselves rather than let you just tell us about it."

And they'd put Dames through some tests under controlled conditions. I suspect these weren't elaborate scenarios; meaning the CIA didn't put one of their sources in a meeting with a potential defector in a hotel room in Zurich and then ask Dames to describe what was going on. No, it probably was something extremely simple like asking Dames to answer what he ever found easiest to do of: identify who was meeting in a room down the hall; describe the subject of the meeting; tell what was written on the blackboard; or give them the general emotion of the room (friendliness, defensiveness, aggression, boredom, fear, etc.). I suspect Dames could do no better than the janitor they grabbed and asked to do the same things.

Lunger

Quote from: Morgus on October 24, 2012, 02:48:18 PM
I found this info doing a google search on "Major Ed Dames Army Career":

Major Edward Dames
Edward Arthur Dames joined the United States Army in 1967, enlisting as a paratrooper at the age of seventeen. After serving one year as an Airborne Infantryman, Mr. Dames transferred to the Army Security Agency, and was assigned to the Far East to support National Security Agency missions in that part of the world. In 1974, Mr. Dames returned home to attend college, quickly earning a four-year scholarship for academic excellence. After three years as an undergraduate at the University of California, Berkeley, where he double-majored in Bioelectronics and Chinese, Mr. Dames joined Berkeley's ROTC program, becoming a Distinguished Military Graduate, in 1978.

Newly commissioned as a second lieutenant ....

I can attest that this is all true.

I Remote Viewed it last night.

Sardondi

Quote from: Lunger on October 25, 2012, 06:21:18 AM

I can attest that this is all true.

I Remote Viewed it last night.

Okay, you got a literal lol from me!

Did 'No Shame' remote view the oncoming Frankenstorm, or will this inevitable 'hit' be another of his retroactive remote views? You know, remote views from the rear view window.

Juan

Somehow, this will come under his solar storm killshot prediction.

Right you are!  I forgot about the solar plasma eruption  this week. Damn. He'll be all over that like flies on .... .

George49

Didn't Ed Shames say the election was going to be cancelled on his last Coast Appearance? Was he wrong or what...This goes to show Remote Viewing and Ed Shames are a big Sham!

Wait a minute...update...Ed Shame is now Ed Shams!

LacyWoodrow

Quote from: George49 on November 06, 2012, 08:29:13 PM
Didn't Ed Shames say the election was going to be cancelled on his last Coast Appearance? Was he wrong or what...This goes to show Remote Viewing and Ed Shames are a big Sham!

Wait a minute...update...Ed Shame is now Ed Shams!

Him and a few others. I am always interested in how they will twist it to they were right lol.

ChandlersDad

I believe Art referred to Ed Dames as Doctor Doom.  Even back in the mid 90's, people wondered what Art saw in Ed Dames. Did Art invest in Dame's instructional videos? Did he and Art have something "a little bit special" going on between them in secret?

The theories were as wild as Ed Dames' predictions.

Morgus

Quote from: ChandlersDad on November 10, 2012, 05:54:09 PM
I believe Art referred to Ed Dames as Doctor Doom.  Even back in the mid 90's, people wondered what Art saw in Ed Dames. Did Art invest in Dame's instructional videos? Did he and Art have something "a little bit special" going on between them in secret?

The theories were as wild as Ed Dames' predictions.
Major Ed Dames nickname "Dr. Doom" actually started back in his army days when he was tasked with researching worst case scenarios.
Art Bell often said that Ed Dames was his most popular guest, whether listeners loved him or hated him, so Art probably just liked the ratings he got with Major Dames...

Juan

Plus, before it was obvious he was always wrong, Dames was somewhat entertaining.

DAE

FYI, many of his followers think they are now seeing the last events predicted regarding his Killshot event.  Currently North Korea is about to do a nuclear test (as well as a missile test).  And the X-37B mini shuttle is about to launch tomorrow.  Add to that, we are about to enter the largest meteor shower of the year. 

The original prediction suggested that just prior to the Killshot event North Korea would test a nuke.  Then following that a shuttle-like craft being forced down from the sky due to meteors.  After that, the killer solar flare (aka the killshot) would be next.

Not saying I believe it, just posting the latest update on this.   Here is the 38 min Killshot documentary:

http://youtu.be/U4bU7AanXSo

Juan

And all so close to December 21, 2012.  There are no coincidences.
I think I'll go outside to watch - like those folks on top of the LA building in "Independence Day" except without welcoming signs.

Mulvaney

I understand that Dames says the long awaited killshot is going to happen in the coming year.   I am glad that I can relax knowing we will all be safe.  If he had stated that there was nothing to worry about I would have been very nervous.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Mulvaney on December 23, 2012, 12:40:42 AM
I understand that Dames says the long awaited killshot is going to happen in the coming year.   I am glad that I can relax knowing we will all be safe.  If he had stated that there was nothing to worry about I would have been very nervous.
Kreskin got banned for about 1/25th of the shit Dames pulls. This is the 17th anniversary of his "coming year" prediction.

ziznak

Dames couldn't even remote view how bored his mail order bride was in bed... didn't see that divorce coming as well.  When I see him in pictures the word "wormy" seems to pop into my head.

Sardondi

Is Dames no longer-married to his Ukrainian mail-order bride? Wow, just imagine what this means. A foreign national chick advertises for a man to marry, saying she will love him long time in exchange for wedding ring. Dames finds her, and she says she was always crazy passionate for a failed soothsayer and radio huckster so long as is American citizen. They marry, but a few years later she divorces him because she needs space to grow...as an American citizen, thank you very much.

Millions of non-remote-viewers saw this coming from the moment they said their vows...but somehow Ed Dames couldn't. That doesn't speak very well for his remote viewing abilities. So what happens to Ed's little Killshot Survival lovenest which he built with his beloved in the steppes?

ziznak

rent a whore gets half right?

Quote from: Sardondi on December 23, 2012, 02:23:32 PM

Millions of non-remote-viewers saw this coming from the moment they said their vows...but somehow Ed Dames couldn't. That doesn't speak very well for his remote viewing abilities. So what happens to Ed's little Killshot Survival lovenest which he built with his beloved in the steppes?

Alright, I spilled some coffee laughing at that. 

Somewhere in Time tonight (1997) has three remote viewers from Project Stargate who pretty much dissed Major Fraud Dames, his exaggerated remote viewing experience in the military and his biiiiiiig mouth in releasing classified information. No mention of Kill Shots or any of Dames' schtick, just information on the real life project. I'd forgotten about this show.

Refreshing, to say the least to get three perspectives on his credibility.

Caruthers612

Anyone ever hear how Major Ed met his mail order slut? Did he use a random number generator to pick one out from the bevy of mail order bride agencies on the net, or did he remote view the Ukraine--and if so, were the search keywords "twelve" and "still intact"? I read on this site that the marriage didn't work out, which, of course, is shocking. Maybe someone here has the inside scoop on that. How O How can a match made in heaven go astray?

ShayP

I'm listening to an old Art Bell program with Dames talking about Satan. Wow. I knew this guy was full of shit but he is delusional.  What an imagination....I'll give him credit for that.  It sucks that Art seems to buy into his BS....but whatever.  Ed Dames sucks!

Tinfoil Hat

Be careful, that "kill-shot", it's a-comin'...any day now...

Mr. Hanky

Hey look! The Remote Viewing Turd is back yet again!

UFO Disclosure / Remote Viewing
Date:
04-23-13
Host:
George Noory
Guests:
Paola Harris, Steven Greer, Major Ed Dames
First Half: Authors Paola Harris and Steven Greer will discuss how their research has shown that ET civilizations have been visiting Earth for centuries, and that the implications are huge.

2nd Half: Remote viewing teacher, Ed Dames, talks about current cases his agency is working on, and his predictions that North Korea would use a nuclear weapon in anger, and a global economic collapse would happen concurrently with a pandemic.

Hey Ed, can you Remote View how much longer Noory will host C2C?