• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

XFL IS COMING BACK FAGGOTS

Started by gnooryblows, December 30, 2017, 04:56:41 PM

gnooryblows

the opiates of the masses, professional sports, is about to get a massive dick rammed up its ass. vince mcmahons XFL is coming back to stick it to the SJW leftwing NFL lmfao.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/30/leahy-maga-football-league-coming-to-a-stadium-near-you/

i hate football and think its for gays, but i'll watch just to support the dismantling of the left-wing SJWFL

Dr. MD MD

Does anyone else find this thread depressing?  :-\

Juan

The XFLs problem was it could not get players with any name recognition. I remember the promos tried to pump up the quality of the players - even to the point of promoting a guard who had played at Georgia. A guard, really?

I thought there was some potential in a league that was actively promoted about a decade ago. It gave teams regional draft rights so they could go after college players from their area. For instance, the proposed team in Orlando could draft players from Florida, Florida State and Miami. That league never put things together.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Juan on December 31, 2017, 07:33:37 AM
The XFLs problem was it could not get players with any name recognition. I remember the promos tried to pump up the quality of the players - even to the point of promoting a guard who had played at Georgia. A guard, really?

I thought there was some potential in a league that was actively promoted about a decade ago. It gave teams regional draft rights so they could go after college players from their area. For instance, the proposed team in Orlando could draft players from Florida, Florida State and Miami. That league never put things together.

Another XFL problem was the "NO RULZ" thing they were going for, especially in regard to pass interference calls. So it became almost impossible to complete a forward pass, so the scores of games were very low.

Robert

I've been a fan of minor league men's & women's football for about 50 yrs., although since I've been coaching children's football I've lost a lot of interest in being a spectator.  Still, I went to one minor league game a few months ago.

I really like alternatives to the NFL, whether they aspire to major or minor league status.  I like experimentation with the playing and organization rules.  I've also long had a hope to see Rugby Union football (which I used to play and also have long watched) make it bigger as a spectator sport in North Amer.

To me as a spectator not having top flight talent is not a problem as long as the teams are evenly matched.  The most interesting the NFL was was with the scab players 30 yrs. ago.  When the player skills are too good, it gets boring.  Same in tennis, bowling, and probably other spectator sports.  In children's football, where in most leagues you have to play your scrubs at least a prescribed amount, being competitive while playing them is an interesting & fun challenge for the coaches.

I've long had in mind the playing and organiz'n-competition rules for the league I'd like to see instead of the NFL.  See, I've been into "fantasy football" for a long time, but not the kind they mean by that term now.  I thought I'd even write a formal rule book for my imaginary league.  However, a year ago I proposed to do the same for American Sevens (formerly Town Beef), a league playing an actual variant of tackle football known primarily for lack of helmets and of stiff "pads", and then I had a computer crash, procrastinated, and never got back to them.

Uncle Duke

There were enough "name" players, they just were not very good.  Guys like Tommy Maddox, Jim Druckermiller, and John Avery had all been first rounders in the NFL, but were busts. The overall quality of play was about on par with a decent FCS/D1AA college team, not a problem as long as that's what fans and sponsors were paying for.  Minor league and semi-pro football leagues can succeed (and have in the past), but only if they accept and market themselves as what they are. 

paladin1991

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 31, 2017, 09:07:21 AM
There were enough "name" players, they just were not very good.  Guys like Tommy Maddox, Jim Druckermiller, and John Avery had all been first rounders in the NFL, but were busts. The overall quality of play was about on par with a decent FCS/D1AA college team, not a problem as long as that's what fans and sponsors were paying for.  Minor league and semi-pro football leagues can succeed (and have in the past), but only if they accept and market themselves as what they are.

Market the product for what it is, for what it offers.  Micky D's doesn't offer up it's 'Royale with Cheese' as filet mignon.  It's a quarter pounder of shit ppl stuff down their neck.  Same for XFL, market it as the pure alternative to SJW football and they will cum. 

albrecht

But they could put whatever name they wanted on the jerseys! Who can forget Rod Smart "He Hate Me"?

Robert

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 31, 2017, 09:07:21 AMThe overall quality of play was about on par with a decent FCS/D1AA college team, not a problem as long as that's what fans and sponsors were paying for.  Minor league and semi-pro football leagues can succeed (and have in the past), but only if they accept and market themselves as what they are.
You mean, in the sack?

But seriously, folks, I agree.

Robert

Quote from: Robert on December 31, 2017, 08:06:05 AMI thought I'd even write a formal rule book for my imaginary league.  However, a year ago I proposed to do the same for American Sevens (formerly Town Beef), a league playing an actual variant of tackle football known primarily for lack of helmets and of stiff "pads", and then I had a computer crash, procrastinated, and never got back to them.
I mean, they did, acknowledgedly, need a rules rewrite.  Had no budget, though.  The hard part was formally describing a fair way to determine when the ball's in play, when they have no snap but wanted to allow some resetting of both scrimmaging teams.  The method they'd specified had been arrived at unofficially by their teams in Penna.

They thought snapping the ball to be inordinately dangerous for the snapper whether padded or unpadded, so that's one of the things they eliminated, years ago.