• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)

Started by Jojo, October 10, 2017, 10:16:47 PM

Jojo

Thank you, boys.

Focusing on making better choices.  Once a choice is made, I know how far I can trust myself.  Most choice errors are made at the store.  If I can make good choices in the store, things are usually fine at home.  It's frustrating when a quart costs less than a pint, when housemate likes one flavor but I like another but having two flavors is not a wise option under any circumstances.  Less is more, for sure.

It's really hard to mount my exercise bike.  I don't think it goes nay lower, but I'll try.  I need to take some parts off to fit it in here better.  The backrest doesn't move, so I put a towel beneath it.

You know how you get sore after some exercise?  I don't know what's going on, but I've been getting unusual aches more like the "growing pains" all my siblings had when we were little, in the legs.  Sharp, isolated, usually a little broad, nerve-y, deep feeling pain that is not relieved with movement or a stretch at all.  Like one side of one calf.  Or one part of my back or sides. Groin.  Since I started physical therapy a few months ago.  Whether it's my calf, back, legs, arms or whatever.  Like last night, 30 minutes after a 10 min ride, I just cried out laying in bed when the outside of my left calf tried to kill me for a minute.  It's not a cramp or charlie horse.  More nerve-y than that.

The other night I laid down to sleep and after a few minutes out of the blue, all of the sudden, for no apparent reason, my foot cracked lengthwise down the center so loud I yelped!

albrecht

Quote from: 14 on May 12, 2019, 11:50:58 PM
I'm HUNGRY!
Drink more water. Especially before meals. Kellog, I think, also had some claims about chewing a crazy amount of times before swallowing food and that would make you 'think' you are eating more and lead also to better digestion.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on May 12, 2019, 11:53:16 PM
Drink more water. Especially before meals. Kellog, I think, also had some claims about chewing a crazy amount of times before swallowing food and that would make you 'think' you are eating more and lead also to better digestion.
That's great.  Eating slowly is a wonderful thing!  Make it last!
But I'm still hungry.  I'll get some water.

paladin1991

Quote from: 14 on May 13, 2019, 07:44:01 PM
That's great.  Eating slowly is a wonderful thing!  Make it last!
But I'm still hungry.  I'll get some water.
Why don't you go on welfare?  Then  you could stockpile all the Ho-Ho's, Ding Dongs, Fritos and Top Ramen you could ever desire in cases underneath your bed. 

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 14, 2019, 01:50:50 AM
Why don't you go on welfare?  Then  you could stockpile all the Ho-Ho's, Ding Dongs, Fritos and Top Ramen you could ever desire in cases underneath your bed.
Because I'm trying to make healthy choices, silly  ::)!  I do hope to marry someday and the 'twain will need to meet.  Can't have a bunch of gut in the way.

And I'd have to amputate a limb or something to qualify for welfare.

And too late; I already ate.  Not hungry anymore  :)

paladin1991

Quote from: 14 on May 14, 2019, 02:15:15 AM
Because I'm trying to make healthy choices, silly  ::)!  I do hope to marry someday and the 'twain will need to meet.  Can't have a bunch of gut in the way.

And I'd have to amputate a limb or something to qualify for welfare.

And too late; I already ate.  Not hungry anymore  :).
Get pregnant.  Welfare express, here you come.

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 22, 2019, 03:04:29 AM
Get pregnant.  Welfare express, here you come.
Just a thought:  No one picks on women who surrogate for money, even though their pregnancy process is creepy and traumatic for many.  But they pick on pregnant women who need money, even though their pregnancy process is straightforward and natural.

whoozit

Quote from: Sixteen on May 22, 2019, 03:47:47 AM
Just a thought:  No one picks on women who surrogate for money, even though their pregnancy process is creepy and traumatic for many.  But they pick on pregnant women who need money, even though their pregnancy process is straightforward and natural.
My wife bought some ice cream.  Is it more environmentally friendly to put it down the sink or flush it down the toilet?  Asking for the animals.

Jojo

Quote from: whoozit on June 07, 2019, 04:55:14 PM
My wife bought some ice cream.  Is it more environmentally friendly to put it down the sink or flush it down the toilet?  Asking for the animals.
Replace it with non-dairy.  For SURE.  Someone needs to kick bigFarma in the ass for making cows go through all the pain of childbirth and then watching while they fall apart emotionally as their new beloved infant calves are stolen & enslaved right away, while their own motherly bodies are at the height of protective motherly post-pregnancy hormones.  It is entirely inhumane.  If they are going to abuse the mamma cows like that, they should either adjust their hormones or tranquilize them for days to spare them the inhumanity.  Don't get me started on baby boy calves.

Lately I've been focusing more on non-dairy sherbet, sorbets, & fruit ices.

There is a great non-dairy soy cheese (rather expensive) called CHAO I think.  Three flavors.

I can't say I don't eat dairy.  Maybe there are some humane dairy farms.

albrecht

Quote from: Sixteen on June 07, 2019, 06:10:00 PM
Replace it with non-dairy.  For SURE.  Someone needs to kick bigFarma in the ass for making cows go through all the pain of childbirth and then watching while they fall apart emotionally as their new beloved infant calves are stolen & enslaved right away, while their own motherly bodies are at the height of protective motherly post-pregnancy hormones.  It is entirely inhumane.  If they are going to abuse the mamma cows like that, they should either adjust their hormones or tranquilize them for days to spare them the inhumanity.  Don't get me started on baby boy calves.

Lately I've been focusing more on non-dairy sherbet, sorbets, & fruit ices.

There is a great non-dairy soy cheese (rather expensive) called CHAO I think.  Three flavors.

I can't say I don't eat dairy.  Maybe there are some humane dairy farms.
I can't find the pic but there was a nice sign a relative had on his dairy farm in Wisconsin.  No longer as he died years ago but someone kept the sign and put up in their cabin.  Don't recall exactly but something like "Hired Hands: happy cows make better milk. Remember they are mothers. Treat them like you would treat your mother. Be calm, tender, and understanding. Take care of them.  You will be fired if you maltreat them as it hurts them and also hurts my business. Thank you." It was worded somewhat differently but essentially that.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on June 07, 2019, 06:53:56 PM
I can't find the pic but there was a nice sign a relative had on his dairy farm in Wisconsin.  No longer as he died years ago but someone kept the sign and put up in their cabin.  Don't recall exactly but something like "Hired Hands: happy cows make better milk. Remember they are mothers. Treat them like you would treat your mother. Be calm, tender, and understanding. Take care of them.  You will be fired if you maltreat them as it hurts them and also hurts my business. Thank you." It was worded somewhat differently but essentially that.
Wow, that's great.  I spent a holiday at a dairy farm once, and the people seemed very nice.

I'm doing binaural beats for weight loss tonight.  An exciting change during illness.  Hope it helps.  PCOS is a real trap.  But, all I can do is all I can do.

My recent client had a portrait of a triple scoop ice cream over her sink, plus she ate ice cream with syrup every afternoon.  I didn't realize I was being affected subliminally, & I gained some pounds that I am furious about.  As soon as I realized the subliminal problem, I put a dish towel over her ice cream portrait and that helped a lot.  No more cravings or rationalizations after that. 

I've got to get these few pounds off ASAP.  They are forbidden pounds from weight that I had kept off for over 2 years!  This is a personal emergency.  And I have the flu.

Jojo

Gluten free treats usually come in a large package.  I don't need the whole package.  If I keep the remainder in the house, I will eat it.  So, what am I supposed to do?  Some people here disapproved of me crushing it & discarding it.  I don't see any point for leaving it on a trash can in public for addicts.  Well, yesterday I tried giving it away.  The first person I talked to was diabetic, so that was embarrassing for me and frustrating for her.  Shoulda just thrown the shit away.

I risked again, finally giving it to someone else.  She was not diabetic, so that went over fine.  But, she was already fat & it wouldn't really be helping her (nor anyone trying to wrap their arms around her).  But she was young; maybe time & metabolism would some day help her.

I also entrusted a package to someone to keep for me.  That might work.  I've done that before & it went alright.  Actually, it's nice because people never know what to get me when sweets go around & this enabled them to have something nonperishable on hand.  A win-win.  But really, the stuff is just fat & sugar, not real food.  Doesn't do anyone nor their teeth, pancreas, or colon any good.

I did see that some gluten free snacks are now being sold in smaller portions.  And of course, chocolate is always gluten free, and that comes in small packages.  The idea is to keep it out of the house.  Out of sight; out of mind.  Not within reach.

Jackstar

Quote from: Sixteen on June 10, 2019, 06:37:20 AM
If I keep the remainder in the house, I will eat it.  So, what am I supposed to do?

Willpower. Cultivate it.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 10, 2019, 07:59:09 AM
Willpower. Cultivate it.
I wouldn't expect a pedophile to surround himself with minors.
I wouldn't expect a habitual thief to make a very good bookkeeper.
I wouldn't expect a recovering alcoholic to hang out in bars.
So, I don't expect myself to leave enticements laying around.  My mom had the same policy.  No surpluses of junk food in the house.

Quote from: ItsOver on June 10, 2019, 08:36:45 AM

I'm just saying some people here will be happy I didn't discard it. 

Jackstar

It's remarkable you have so much willpower to evade strengthening your willpower.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on June 10, 2019, 10:05:23 PM
It's remarkable you have so much willpower to evade strengthening your willpower.

Praise BG! And whatever experimemt it is. Some kind of next level cybernetics conferences enforcing negative feeeback loops? Or AI learning for evil amd kicks? Praise MV! Hahaha

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on June 10, 2019, 10:38:05 PM

Praise BG! And whatever experimemt it is. Some kind of next level cybernetics conferences enforcing negative feeeback loops? Or AI learning for evil amd kicks? Praise MV! Hahaha
Well, I saw you there too.  Praise MV.

Quote from: Jackstar on June 10, 2019, 10:05:23 PM
I have influential people on my side.  "Lead us NOT into temptation..."

Jojo

PCOS is a hormonal disorder which causes obesity in many PCOS girls & women.  Imagine, having to have the willpower to exercise 2 hours per day and limit calories to 1000.  But, that is life every day for many women living with this lifelong disease, starting from their first menstruation around age 13.

Most people go on a diet & when it's over, it's over.  But PCOS diets do not ever end; the will power is required from age 13 to 83 or beyond.  Even as tastes/needs change (coffee, yum, fattening birth control/reproductivity, etc...) and metabolism slows.

Most people have dessert many times per month, but PCOS women should never have dessert, ever.  Twice a month is way too much, even if there is a calorie deficit at the time.

I guess there is kind of a male equivalent.  Many men make love to their spouses and avoid affairs.  But, having PCOS is like metaphorically avoiding affairs, yet being in a sexless marriage.  For 70 years.  Imagine being a hot-blooded man starting in the teens, yet knowing that every time you have sex, you are adding a couple pounds to your waistline which won't come off without extreme, long term deprivation and exertion.  Will power is meant to be exercised in the moment.

Once will power goes beyond a moment into days and years, it is no longer will power but decision.  And, I decided that it is better to have dessert once in a while than to fall off the wagon altogether.  I decided my diet will be sustainable.  For life.  I do take some days to really make strides, but very few people can keep up the impossible dietary/exercise demands of obesity-causing hormone disorders for decades without making some decisions about how they will face temptation. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Sixteen on June 11, 2019, 12:35:02 AM
hormonal disorder

If only there were some kind of natural plant that could fix that. Well, too bad, I guess you'll just have to suffer.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 11, 2019, 02:52:23 AM
If only there were some kind of natural plant that could fix that. Well, too bad, I guess you'll just have to suffer.
Why should Big Pharma develop a cure?  Think of the millions they make in fertility treatments.

Kind of like how researchers say the pancreas is poorly positioned for research.  B.S.  They just don't want to stop diabetes.

Jackstar

Quote(W)e are shifting into a new standard of care for infectious disease management, albeit not without resistance. The present system focuses on destroying the invading bacteria (antibiotics) and viruses (antivirals), while the new approach focuses on strengthening resistance to such infections. This is done by supporting the immune system through supplying increased amounts of nutrient substances normally present in the body and needed to facilitate the biochemical processes that destroy invading organisms.

So, what is this highlighted “out of the box” treatment? Well get ready… drum roll please… plain-old Vitamin C!"

https://www.naturalblaze.com/2019/06/inexpensive-treatments-recover-dying-hospital-patients.html

QuoteBut WAIT, we are NOT simply talking about eating some oranges or lemons. Dying patients on life support are not eating and their Vitamin C content wouldn’t even come close to the amounts needed. Rescuing such patients requires massive doses of intravenous Vitamin C in the range of 25,000 to 100,000 milligrams per 24 hours and it can be miraculous as we see for New Zealand dairy farmer Alan Smith who was dying from H1N1 Swine flu.

This story is amazing as the hospital wanted to pull the plug of his life support to allow him to die while the family wanted him to have massive doses of Vitamin C. The medical staff were totally against giving Vitamin C, even though they were advising it was time to stop life support and let Alan Smith die. The family actually had to go to court to get the desired treatment."

Quote from: Jackstar on June 11, 2019, 03:58:26 AM
Fuck them.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 13, 2019, 05:38:08 PM
https://www.naturalblaze.com/2019/06/inexpensive-treatments-recover-dying-hospital-patients.html
As a longtime proponent of herbal and homeopathic healing, I agree with you and this example is just a drop in the bucket.  I've seen patients have to BEG for a few Epsom salts in the hospital, for remedies and cures THEY know work for THEM.  But, the system generally doesn't recognize these needs as valid & patients unfortunately have to accept the solutions provided by the system they are in, unless they have someone who can deliver them what they need.  If you ever go to the hospital and OTC/vitamins are important to you, or herbals, be sure to bring them.  Plan ahead.  Don't let the person who labels your clothes take them and don't let the nurse take them.  Insist on managing your own OTC (not sure if that will work, but people have to try).

Before anyone goes crazy on Vitamin C, though, start gradually & for oral intake, I wouldn't recommend going over 2000mg/day.  The quotes JS gave are for intravenous Vit C, not oral.  Oral eventually will cause a sudden (diarrhea) colon cleanse once you get to your daily limit.  Stay under the daily limit to avoid that.  And just start gradually, 500 for a few days, 750, 1000, and so on.  I don't think there's usually any need to go over 1500 and much less might be fine for most people.That said, Vitamin C aids in the prevention of constipation (like the kind of constipation caused by a lot of medicines older people have to take).

It's nice to have something to agree on.

artbell_ghost

Quote from: Sixteen on June 13, 2019, 06:06:25 PM
As a longtime proponent of herbal and homeopathic healing, I agree with you and this example is just a drop in the bucket.  I've seen patients have to BEG for a few Epsom salts in the hospital, for remedies and cures THEY know work for THEM.  But, the system generally doesn't recognize these needs as valid & patients unfortunately have to accept the solutions provided by the system they are in, unless they have someone who can deliver them what they need.  If you ever go to the hospital and OTC/vitamins are important to you, or herbals, be sure to bring them.  Plan ahead.  Don't let the person who labels your clothes take them and don't let the nurse take them.  Insist on managing your own OTC (not sure if that will work, but people have to try).

Before anyone goes crazy on Vitamin C, though, start gradually & for oral intake, I wouldn't recommend going over 2000mg/day.  The quotes JS gave are for intravenous Vit C, not oral.  Oral eventually will cause a sudden (diarrhea) colon cleanse once you get to your daily limit.  Stay under the daily limit to avoid that.  And just start gradually, 500 for a few days, 750, 1000, and so on.  I don't think there's usually any need to go over 1500 and much less might be fine for most people.That said, Vitamin C aids in the prevention of constipation (like the kind of constipation caused by a lot of medicines older people have to take).

It's nice to have something to agree on.

what abouy debilitating hemorrhoids? is it safe?

Jojo

Quote from: artbell_ghost on June 13, 2019, 06:13:08 PM

what abouy debilitating hemorrhoids? is it safe?
Experts do say Vit C help reduce them by maintaining the integrity of veins.  I've been taking Vit C for vein issues for several months and have not  noticed much of a difference.  But I will keep trying because sometimes nutritional support takes longer to be effective.

I suppose witch hazel has been topically applied?  And no one should be above getting a small ice pack, wrapping it thinly, setting it in a certain shape on a chair, widening their rump, and sitting on it for 15 minutes a few times a day.  Just be sure not to put ice directly on skin, should be in fabric & the plastic cover over ice packs is one thing, but wrapping it in fabric is best.  I heard one way to apply cream is to get a small, soft ball or odd-shaped rubber toy, put the cream on it, and sit on it.

I don't know if the following is true, but for what its worth, according to http://www.flowsandforms.com/hemorrhoids/,
     "The person has difficulty in letting go. Haemorrhages show fear of the future, due to lack of self-esteem and happiness. The person is so afraid of what may happen that can only let go with pain, shedding her happiness, shedding blood.
     "People who suffer from haemorrhoids are usually stressed with deadlines for material projects. They dwell on the consequences. The tension may be related to the material relationship this person has with the spouse (husband or wife). It may have to do with the potential death of a cycle (the end of a relationship with the spouse) or someone’s death."

It's recommended to pay attention to the anal area and consciously reduce daily tension there.  Every time someone remembers to do this, why not take ten deep breaths at the same time.  If you are working, you can just count on your fingers so that it's a no-brainer while you work or whatever.  I usually get to 4 or 5 before I lose my attention span, though.  But, good breathing reduces the risk of cancer and is great for everything.

A lot of websites said they are caused by emotional retention, stress in areas of your life where you don't want it to show, like deadlines.  When working hard, it's important to vary the type of seat you are on. 

Below are some ideas.  Of them, I have used the Hyland's brand for decades.  It is effective, immediately, for many conditions.  But, you have to follow the directions, like take it under the tongue if that what it says, on a clean mouth (no ciggs, toothpaste, or eating 15 minutes prior or after)...  Hyland's reduced my facial hives immediately and within 8 months after religious use many times per day, I was "permanently" cured about 15 years ago.  Right before the final cure, though, my symptoms were getting resistant to the medicine & one time near the end, I had to take half a bottle to stop a hive.  But, I did.  And that was the last hive.  Sometimes it's darkest before the dawn.  Sometimes the last root fights the hardest.  Many conditions flare the worst right before they are forever cured.  So, you just have to enforce the new remedy.

If anyone buys any of the stuff below, buy plenty after you try it out.  If the Hyland's works, get 6 bottles.   If one sittin gpad works, get the other one for alternating (because you can see one puts no pressure on the bottom, but it does have pressure on the groin, while the other one has no pressure on the groin, but some on the bottom - so alternating keeps the whole body happ, or find a version that alleviates both).  One kneeler might do; they're expensive, but alternating seating to the extent that you can is a great idea.  Yard chairs and boat chairs (canvas) are notoriously comfortable, with little pressure on the pelvic region.  No problem bringing them indoors.  They are a little harder to get out of, but a pillow behind you helps that.  They are good when you have a project to do that takes up little space where you don't need a chair that swivels.

Standing and laying are great alternatives to sitting.  Somtimes, I set my laptop on the tall narrow chest of drawers & just stand there to surf.  Of course, on padded carpet with supportive shoes - otherwise you'll get foot problems!

Jackstar

Quote from: Sixteen on June 13, 2019, 06:06:25 PM
Oral eventually will cause a sudden (diarrhea) colon cleanse once you get to your daily limit.

Still--superior to a Clinton presidency.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 13, 2019, 08:55:59 PM
Still--superior to a Clinton presidency.
I'm not fond of adulterers myself.  Or their supporters.  I just can't believe adultery is not a crime.  I  know that's not what you're referring to.  You did clue me in that the Clintons (or someone to do with them) are bad for some people's health.