• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)

Started by Jojo, October 10, 2017, 10:16:47 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: monica on June 11, 2018, 03:24:44 PM

I miss the chiropractor's "activator".  It's a super powerful vibrator used along the spine that draws blood to circulate for the spine, I think. 

Chicks and their vibrators. ::) ;D

ksm32

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 11, 2018, 08:51:22 PM
Chicks and their vibrators. ::) ;D

She leaves herself so fucking 0pen.

Monica, don't post about vibrators unless........................................................................ 8)

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on June 11, 2018, 09:54:29 PM
She leaves herself so fucking 0pen.

Monica, don't post about vibrators unless........................................................................ 8)
They work for tooth aches too.

Big dinner and still hungry.  Ugh.  How bad is cheese...…  I got extremely hungry several times today.  But yesterday I had 600 junk calories.  I could have stopped halfway through but I failed for no good reason.  Oops.

Lease holder was a little tense after her outburst last night, but she did not refer back to the thing she said.  And, she let me buy her a fifth of vodka, so I'm pretty sure we're back to normal.  She fought with everyone on this binge, not just me.  But, I want to survive here, not lose rapport with her.  A quick look at Craigslist rooms did not look promising last night.  She was angry she spent all her money at the bar, on people who didn't seem appreciative nor did chores...….  I don't usually buy alcohol, but this was a desperate manipulation, plus I hate vodka.  I put a ribbon around it.  I hope she is appeased.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 12, 2018, 04:04:03 AM

I got a funny image in my mind of the leafy ends of those things sticking out from your imaginary thong.

whoozit

Anyone want to go out for an all-you-can-eat buffet at Golden Corral?  I’m buying.

Quote from: ksm32 on June 10, 2018, 11:05:29 PM
I wish you would have taken a picture............  that would have made for a really nice avatar. ;)

Ha Ha and duly noted

Jojo

Quote from: whoozit on June 12, 2018, 01:37:19 PM
Anyone want to go out for an all-you-can-eat buffet at Golden Corral?  I’m buying.
Yes! We get bench seats, right?  I'm sure they have a variety of salads.  And maybe some brown rice and meat.  One and a half plates maximum for me!  Do they offer espresso?  I'll take a decaf please.  :-*

Fourteen

Jojo

I love it when the show ends.  I can turn the radio down and open my door, totally removing the cat's baby gate.  After hours of ignoring me (except for her snack breaks), my cat finally comes to sit next to me, looking out facing toward the golden hallway night light.  Our little moment.  She waits while I check to make sure the coast is clear of all the dog & cats.  Then she ventures out, smelling her doorway where the tomcat sits on the other side of the baby gate when he visits us.  She scratches her little remainder claws on the hallway area rug, sniffs the entry way, explores the living room, & sometimes plops down right in the middle of the room to stretch...  with me shadowing her just in someone lets the daschund loose.  Then she circles back to our room.  Then she ventures out for one more house walk one more time before settling in by my side.  She is 17, small, & plump in all the right places.

Right now, her eyes are hypnotized on the hallway.  She's just waiting for some other pet to stroll by.  She can hear their chains rattling in the next room, which is also open, if you don't count their baby gate.  I think she feels freer during these times, since the door is closed most of the day.  Even though she won't go out more than once or twice right now, she could, if she wanted to, which makes a difference in the ambiance.  Until we shut it again so the early bird housemates don't wake us up!

This was a great exercise day, except I tripped on small decorative rocks that had fallen on the pavement, & fell.  But, I just got scratches, stiffness.  It's been an alright diet day, too.  The doctor reduced my blood pressure dosage, for less side effects.

Oooo, the cat's going out for a third lap.  That is great.  Her tail sticking straight out, "half mast", ahem.  She gets a little freedom at night, & usually one or two outdoor walks each day.  This place is unpleasant in many ways, but the cat really seems happy here (except for when the big guy binges and starts being loud.)

Fourteen

Quote from: 14 on June 14, 2018, 04:41:30 AM
I love it when the show ends.  I can turn the radio down and open my door, totally removing the cat's baby gate.  After hours of ignoring me (except for her snack breaks), my cat finally comes to sit next to me, looking out facing toward the golden hallway night light.  Our little moment.  She waits while I check to make sure the coast is clear of all the dog & cats.  Then she ventures out, smelling her doorway where the tomcat sits on the other side of the baby gate when he visits us.  She scratches her little remainder claws on the hallway area rug, sniffs the entry way, explores the living room, & sometimes plops down right in the middle of the room to stretch...  with me shadowing her just in someone lets the daschund loose.  Then she circles back to our room.  Then she ventures out for one more house walk one more time before settling in by my side.  She is 17, small, & plump in all the right places.

Right now, her eyes are hypnotized on the hallway.  She's just waiting for some other pet to stroll by.  She can hear their chains rattling in the next room, which is also open, if you don't count their baby gate.  I think she feels freer during these times, since the door is closed most of the day.  Even though she won't go out more than once or twice right now, she could, if she wanted to, which makes a difference in the ambiance.  Until we shut it again so the early bird housemates don't wake us up!

This was a great exercise day, except I tripped on small decorative rocks that had fallen on the pavement, & fell.  But, I just got scratches, stiffness.  It's been an alright diet day, too.  The doctor reduced my blood pressure dosage, for less side effects.

Oooo, the cat's going out for a third lap.  That is great.  Her tail sticking straight out, "half mast", ahem.  She gets a little freedom at night, & usually one or two outdoor walks each day.  This place is unpleasant in many ways, but the cat really seems happy here (except for when the big guy binges and starts being loud.)

Fourteen

You are a fine writer

Jojo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on June 14, 2018, 06:21:06 AM
You are a fine writer
Thanks, Sumthinz!  :)  I like the way you write, too.  You get right to the heart of things.  My role models have been Lorraine Hansberry and Garrison Keillor.  That cat took several more walks tonight; it was a magic night!  She is so adapted to that horrible declawing someone did to her.  She jumps up onto chairs or the bed, like a rabbit.  She has to jump high enough to land square on, because she won't be able to pull herself up or adjust.  She has taken a lot of falls in her life,.  She can't grip or claw, so her backside is very muscular.  Is your picture a flood zone?  Hope you have a nice day! 

Fourteen

ksm32

Quote from: 14 on June 14, 2018, 04:41:30 AM

Fourteen

You are an passable writer.

Eighteen

Jojo

Today, like yesterday, was a very good exercise day.  And it better be, because I'm just sick of this plateau or losing weight in places where I'd rather keep it.  Oh well.  I will keep reading your suggestions and see what more I can do.

If I could fix the pituitary, maybe with some selenium in Brazil nuts, that might slow down the PCOS which makes losing weight more difficult than it should be.  I don't like Brazil nuts, but my multi-vitamin only has 1/3 the RDA of selenium.

There is an acupressure point for the pituitary, too.  I can reach it...

PCOS experts say that if a patient is to eat dessert, they are better off eating it with a meal.  I don't eat dessert very often these days, but it was good to learn that.  I had been wondering if I should skip a meal for dessert, but they said no.  All things in moderation.

Like Keith said, I am eating less grain carbs and more fat, but not too much fat or I break out.  Today's fat included a small avocado and cheese (yes, from cows, the poor things).  I would like to thank Jackstar for bringing avocados back into my life, and for reminding me to cook my celery.  Which I did.  It was so good.

The cat got a nice walk outside, which is good for stress reduction for me, too.  I carry her out, then set her down.  I noticed she is starting to relax if I stop to talk to someone, instead of squirming around in my arms.  That's nice!

The bipolar man here really likes the new lady here.  I guess they used to be good friends.  He has not been a problem since she got here.  Yay!

Fourteen

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on June 15, 2018, 12:40:28 AM
You are an passable writer.

Eighteen
Did you have a lot of leftover food the other night or did people come to their senses and show up later?  Do they like your big dog?

Fourteen

Jojo

All the bigwigs left so I tried the exercise bike. It was great for a old lower spinal car accident problem because it got the area all warm, hot in a good way.  This is really good news, as that problem was eventually going to cause injuries.  The whole area from the belly button down to the hips got a great warm up, even though most people don't think of biking as a form of pilates.

The wheel or the distance the pedals rotate feels way too big for me, whether the seat is high or low, but oh well.

Whether I pedal with a lot of control, go slow or fast, there is a looseness in the pedal rotation on both sides.  Maybe I can take a look at tightening some things.

Even though the seat is in good shape and cushioned, it still was way too hard, with not the right kind of well in it for a woman.  At least it's not a banana seat!  I know they make softer seat covers, but whatever I end up with will need to breathe.  I could handle it for 10 minutes at this point.  If I lighten up, that will help. 

Biking felt really familiar, as it should.  Too bad I couldn't go longer.  That seat!

I wonder how many kids wouldn't fall on bikes if the pedals were three-D, like as good on the bottom side as the top side.

Fourteen

ksm32

Quote from: 14 on June 15, 2018, 01:38:43 AM
Did you have a lot of leftover food the other night or did people come to their senses and show up later?  Do they like your big dog?

Fourteen

An entire salmon that I decided to stuff and cook despite the situation. Refroze three lbs of hamburger <(I know) Herb cream cheese stuffed prosciutto wrapped Argentinian prawns. Everybody else was designated to bring a side of their choice, so I had a very high protein dinner in the salmon and prawns. Drank scotch, got a dandy of a fire going in the pit while testing the neighbors patience with the sounds of Motorhead well into the night.   At about 4am I had a onesome as I cried myself to sleep. :'( ;D

..and everybody loves Vera

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on June 15, 2018, 07:19:27 PM
An entire salmon that I decided to stuff and cook despite the situation. Refroze three lbs of hamburger <(I know) Herb cream cheese stuffed prosciutto wrapped Argentinian prawns. Everybody else was designated to bring a side of their choice, so I had a very high protein dinner in the salmon and prawns. Drank scotch, got a dandy of a fire going in the pit while testing the neighbors patience with the sounds of Motorhead well into the night.   At about 4am I had a onesome as I cried myself to sleep. :'( ;D

..and everybody loves Vera
Is there a prawn left for me to lick?

Fourteen

Jojo

Thank you to littlechris for telling me to go easy on the carbs, even if I eat more fat.  I have kept nuts in my diet as a result, without too much guilt (like avocados too!).

Yesterday was my first day on food-source selenium, which is supposed to cure PCOS and its associated weight gain by supporting the pituitary gland.  I seriously doubt one day's RDA would change my figure, nor one 10-minute bike ride.  But my figure improved overnight, in ways it has not improved during the last 60 days.  So.  That was really something.  It doesn't make any sense.  I'm not thinner, just shaped in a better way.  Hmm.  Even if the change plateaus, it's still a great change.

Fourteen

GravitySucks

Quote from: 14 on June 16, 2018, 01:13:10 PM
Thank you to littlechris for telling me to go easy on the carbs, even if I eat more fat.  I have kept nuts in my diet as a result, without too much guilt (like avocados too!).

Yesterday was my first day on food-source selenium, which is supposed to cure PCOS and its associated weight gain by supporting the pituitary gland.  I seriously doubt one day's RDA would change my figure, nor one 10-minute bike ride.  But my figure improved overnight, in ways it has not improved during the last 60 days.  So.  That was really something.  It doesn't make any sense.  I'm not thinner, just shaped in a better way.  Hmm.  Even if the change plateaus, it's still a great change.

Fourteen

Bicycle

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 16, 2018, 02:30:20 PM
Bicycle
Thanks, I know, I wondered too, but a 10-minute ride is nothing and could not have done that.

I think I figured it out.  I took this yesterday, and now I'm convinced that with the herb's digestive aid, it reduced stomach inflammation.  So happy to have a tool.

https://health.onehowto.com/article/how-to-take-rooibos-to-lose-weight-2373.html

The bike moved my old injury adhesions, ouch!  But it's good to keep adhesions mobile.

Fourteen

GravitySucks

Quote from: 14 on June 16, 2018, 03:26:31 PM
Thanks, I know, I wondered too, but a 10-minute ride is nothing and could not have done that.

I think I figured it out.  I took this yesterday, and now I'm convinced that with the herb's digestive aid, it reduced stomach inflammation.  So happy to have a tool.

https://health.onehowto.com/article/how-to-take-rooibos-to-lose-weight-2373.html

The bike moved my old injury adhesions, ouch!  But it's good to keep adhesions mobile.

Fourteen

Maybe the selenium helped your eyesight and you are just seeing yourself in a better light.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 16, 2018, 03:32:59 PM
Maybe the selenium helped your eyesight and you are just seeing yourself in a better light.

A selenium joke! Stop you're killing me!! This guy will make comedy out of anything...even basic elements!!! ;D

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 16, 2018, 03:32:59 PM
My eyes are working!  Send pics!

The Queen guy on the left, especially if he grew his bangs out!

Fourteen

ksm32

Quote from: 14 on June 15, 2018, 10:33:31 PM
Is there a prawn left for me to lick?

Fourteen

Lick, a prawn? Never heard of anybody doing such a thing.

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on June 16, 2018, 08:47:18 PM
Lick, a prawn? Never heard of anybody doing such a thing.
A good prawn is a wonderful project.

Fourteen

Jojo

Dinner was so good!  A lot of those pre-bagged salads have things like kale, carrot, cabbage, broccoli, etc.   and no actual lettuce.  Those ones are good to have on hand because you can toss some of that fresh food into your leftover meat dish or brown rice, when heating it up.  I microwave it fast.  No mess, no chopping, no tools.  And they are more affordable than pre-cut veggies on a tray.  They come out perfect.

ksm32

Quote from: 14 on June 16, 2018, 08:56:15 PM
A good prawn is a wonderful project.

Fourteen
Bellgab has a particular knack for attracting weird middle aged broads.