• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Live Shooters Las Vegas Several Dead at Mandalay Bay

Started by chefist, October 01, 2017, 11:27:34 PM

Swishypants

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 10, 2017, 03:15:19 PM
That’s the way frontsight teaches it, with emphasis on “if the target is still active”. They refer to it as “Failure to stop”.

It's a very elegant way of going about it. The American way is to push-in on those motherfuckers and unload; don't stop for nothin'! Bring that PURE hate! No amount of training will trump raw aggression in the clutch. Dump the Nitros and strike a match! Win!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Swishypants on October 10, 2017, 03:19:38 PM
It's a very elegant way of going about it. The American way is to push-in on those motherfuckers and unload; don't stop for nothin'! Bring that PURE hate!

What happens when you run out of paint balls?

Swishypants

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 10, 2017, 03:24:01 PM
What happens when you run out of paint balls?

Oh, you find cover and re-load. :) Or pull that blade and go to Slashy-town!

Swishypants

Quote from: albrecht on October 10, 2017, 03:25:14 PM
Look at that country now.  :(

They never lost a battle. They got strangled economically.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Swishypants on October 10, 2017, 03:24:58 PM
Oh, you find cover and re-load. :) Or pull that blade and go to Slashy-town!

That’s all well and good until you find out someone took your co2 canisters for their sodastream   

Swishypants

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 10, 2017, 03:27:57 PM
That’s all well and good until you find out someone took your co2 canisters for their sodastream

I know Jerry Brown. He agrees. All the old-school guys do.

Swishypants

Front Site is not what it used to be. It's a tourist center now.

Swishypants

I will kiss your ass if you can find front in the clutch. Point shooting boy! :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Swishypants on October 10, 2017, 03:31:25 PM
Front Site is not what it used to be. It's a tourist center now.

Not yet, but I am sure if they ever actually get their hotel/condos/RV park built it will be. I have been going for 8 or 9 years and it all seems the same to me. More ranges now. Never been in the tunnels though.

Swishypants

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 10, 2017, 03:36:06 PM
Not yet, but I am sure if they ever actually get their hotel/condos/RV park built it will be. I have been going for 8 or 9 years and it all seems the same to me. More ranges now. Never been in the tunnels though.

It's been a money machine for 12 years now. Nothing more.

Swishypants

The old-man was a pre-ranger Volunteer L.R.R.P. in 'Nam. The Rhodesian's were seconded through the Australians and trained them up using their experience from the Malaysian Crisis. As kids we learned all this shit as a form of play out in the country-side. You can train as fancy as you like. When the fear hits, it's a totally new ballgame. The Beast. The Elephant. The will to live and straight hate is what you need to survive. Outside of the basics, everything else is secondary. It's a knife-fight in a telephone booth.

P.S. We used to have to run an ambush drill, then drink a six-pack of beer and run it again to simulate the fear effects. The fear is the biggest enemy. Survival is two parts luck, and one part genetics at the end of the day. "Expanded" Special Forces is not possible. You have a percentage of the population with the "warrior" gene and that's it. Most are the decedents of Frontier Settlers and from the South. The Rhodesians and the Confederates are cut from the same cloth.

Swishypants

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 10, 2017, 05:32:35 PM
One of my people scalped your people.

Both made it back from the war.

Then continued it.

GravitySucks

Had some friends that said they were at an event in the Mandalay Bay above the room where the guy was shooting from. (43rd floor).

Someone that was there posted this video on Instagram. Not sure how long it will be up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZvEG66BPo3/

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 10, 2017, 10:57:06 PM
http://www.rgj.com/story/news/crime/2017/10/10/las-vegas-shooters-reno-home-broken-into-fbi-revisiting/750725001/
I'm JOKING but I find "interesting," to use a Peter Davenport term, how the guy lived in Mesquite, TX and in Mesquite, NV and in a Del Webb-built community. Clyde the other night was mentioning some "interesting" things about some aircraft he had or leased and where they went/sold?

Up All Night

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 10, 2017, 01:24:12 PM
The place I train in Pahrump, NV teach two shots to the thoracic cavity. This is fairly ease to acquire in the sight picture and one shot is usually enough if on target, two will stop most attackers. Doesn’t matter if you are shooting a handgun, rifle or shotgun.

Of course, the goal to self defense is to stop the attacker, not necessarily kill them. In the case of a determined attacker, one on PCP, or one wearing body armor, other methods are required. This is where the training dictates a shot to the head. Basically imagine a 3x5 card taped to the attackers forehead. Fairly easy to hit at 5 yards. Much more difficult at 25 yards when your life depends on it.

I do not believe combat troops are trained to shoot 2 and 1. Never heard of that when I was in the service. Seems to be a waste of ammo, especially if you are set up for select fire (3 shot burst).

I am sure they are only trained to shoot for the head if the enemy doesn’t fall from body hits (meaning they are probably wearing body armor). In a firefight you can’t afford to concentrate on a single target once you believe you have neutralized the threat. In most situations there are other bad guys shooting as well.

I will admit I have never been in combat and 95% of the training I have received is for self defense.

I'm not so sure this was part of their "combat" training. But, perhaps a case of executing terrorists (after interrogation) caught in the field. But I haven't spoken to the guy in 20 years, so the circumstances are a little unclear now. But the 3 shot part I clearly remember.

albrecht

More on the "revised timeline." Now they are saying a maintenance worker notified management after the initial shots to the security guard before he fired on the crowd.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/worker-warned-hotel-before-las-vegas-shooter-opened-fire-on-crowd/

MGM Resorts Int'l though says:
""We cannot be certain about the most recent timeline," said Debra DeShong, a spokeswoman for MGM Resorts International. "We believe what is currently being expressed may not be accurate. This remains an ongoing investigation with a lot of moving parts.""

Swishypants

Quote from: albrecht on October 11, 2017, 02:31:37 PM
More on the "revised timeline." Now they are saying a maintenance worker notified management after the initial shots to the security guard before he fired on the crowd.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/worker-warned-hotel-before-las-vegas-shooter-opened-fire-on-crowd/

MGM Resorts Int'l though says:
""We cannot be certain about the most recent timeline," said Debra DeShong, a spokeswoman for MGM Resorts International. "We believe what is currently being expressed may not be accurate. This remains an ongoing investigation with a lot of moving parts.""

TIME TRAVELLING NAZI WITH MG-42! FILM AT Yesterdaaaaaaaaaaaay....

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on October 11, 2017, 02:39:24 PM
TIME TRAVELLING NAZI WITH MG-42! FILM AT Yesterdaaaaaaaaaaaay....

Bring back the guy who was doing Swishy the last couple days. You're just an asshole.  ::)

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 11, 2017, 02:51:32 PM
Bring back the guy who was doing Swishy the last couple days. You're just an asshole.  ::)

You're just mad because Germany ruled Mexico until WWI and this shooter had a Midget ammo-bearer! De PLANE! De PLANE!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on October 11, 2017, 02:59:50 PM
You're just mad because Germany ruled Mexico until WWI and this shooter had a Midget ammo-bearer! De PLANE! De PLANE!

Nope, you suck! Bring back the real Swishy. You're fired!  >:(

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 11, 2017, 03:01:57 PM
Nope, you suck! Bring back the real Swishy. You're fired!  >:(

There there! I will hire you to run around my circus and punch people in the nuts. You will never go hungry my magic little man! :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on October 11, 2017, 03:04:36 PM
There there! I will hire you to run around my circus and punch people in the nuts. You will never go hungry my magic little man! :)

I'll let you know when your post start getting funny again.  ;)

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 11, 2017, 03:11:15 PM
I'll let you know when your post start getting funny again.  ;)

Mexican Midgets running around punching people in the nuts is funny; full stop!