• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hurricane Harvey

Started by albrecht, August 24, 2017, 11:59:10 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on August 29, 2017, 01:22:02 PM
Ha. Now head movements are signs of incompetence. lolz. Trump derangement syndrome.  ;D

If he didn't go to Texas, he doesn't care. If he does go, can't move head too much. LOLZ

Frankly I can't see much point him being there. He should have stayed in the WH and simply told the various departments that if the people on the ground need anything, get it to them without question.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 29, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
Yeah.  Can't imagine why some folks there are traumatized. ::)

Seriously, my continued prayers for Texas, and everyone there in harm's way.

...Will do absolutely nothing...Zero...

Gd5150

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 29, 2017, 01:16:32 PM
Rescued Woman Goes Off On CNN For Hurricane Harvey Coverage VIDEO.  8.29.17.

https://youtu.be/ZQnNohhMXNk

Well, with all due respect, she could've just declined to be interviewed.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 01:54:57 PM
Frankly I can't see much point him being there. He should have stayed in the WH and simply told the various departments that if the people on the ground need anything, get it to them without question.

Leaders need to be where there are problems. When a machine went down, an operator was hurt or ill, I was there as the leader of the company. It's just what you do. Should Churchill have avoided the devastation of the blitz? Come on.

Gd5150

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 01:54:57 PM

I can't see much point in anyone on the left offering commentary on anything Trump does. They've proven to be completely incapable of objective commentary and frankly they should be checked in to mental institutions to be evaluated. The mental breakdown is real.

nerv·ous break·down
ˈˌnərvəs ˈbrākˌdoun/Submit
noun
a period of mental illness resulting from severe depression, stress, or anxiety.
synonyms:   mental collapse, breakdown, collapse, crisis, trauma; More

Up All Night

Quote from: Gd5150 on August 29, 2017, 02:05:25 PM
I can't see much point in anyone on the left offering commentary on anything Trump does. They've proven to be completely incapable of objective commentary and frankly they should be checked in to mental institutions to be evaluated. The psychotic break is real.

I agree, and I think that Trump Properties should build that Sanitarium. It will need to large, with padded walls.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 01:56:38 PM

Pud that ain't right.  Go to bed, you old heathen.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on August 29, 2017, 02:04:12 PM
Leaders need to be where there are problems. When a machine went down, an operator was hurt or ill, I was there as the leader of the company. It's just what you do. Should Churchill have avoided the devastation of the blitz? Come on.

Is it fair to say in both instances, both people knew what they were doing and both were competent to deal with the situation.  :)

Just saying...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 29, 2017, 02:28:15 PM
Pud that ain't right.  Go to bed, you old heathen.

Hey, if people get comfort in believing in some sick bastard sitting on a cloud and letting its creative prowess fuck itself is worth faith, good luck to them. But faith in itself is a bit like chewing gum. It might taste nice and you can blow bubbles, but ultimately religion has little purpose other than providing religious zealots a stick to beat the subjugated with. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on August 29, 2017, 02:05:25 PM
I can't see much point in anyone on the left offering commentary on anything Trump does.

Well, don't let it worry you Shirley.  ;D

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 02:39:34 PM
Hey, if people get comfort in believing in some sick bastard sitting on a cloud and letting its creative prowess fuck itself is worth faith, good luck to them. But faith in itself is a bit like chewing gum. It might taste nice and you can blow bubbles, but ultimately religion has little purpose other than providing religious zealots a stick to beat the subjugated with.

I've never believed that old saw about no atheists in foxholes, but I can readily believe that they aren't popular there.

starrmtn001

Has anyone heard from Gravity Sucks, today?

Gravity.  Please let us know how you are doing if you're able to.  And, please let us know whether there is anything we can do to help if necessary.  Thank you.

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 29, 2017, 02:45:10 PM
I've never believed that old saw about no atheists in foxholes, but I can readily believe that they aren't popular there.

Mr. Dubb,

Is that the "Grace" photograph hanging on your wall?  I haven't seen one on a wall for ages.  Grandma used to have it hanging in her living room along with pictures of us Grand kids, John Wayne and Elvis.  I knew who Elvis and John Wayne were, but never knew who the old man was until fairly recently.  The photo is kind of a Northern thing...you from round those parts?  I grew up in ND and MN myself.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 02:32:57 PM
Is it fair to say in both instances, both people knew what they were doing and both were competent to deal with the situation.  :)

Just saying...

;D ;)

K_Dubb

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on August 29, 2017, 03:11:00 PM
Mr. Dubb,

Is that the "Grace" photograph hanging on your wall?  I haven't seen one on a wall for ages.  Grandma used to have it hanging in her living room along with pictures of us Grand kids, John Wayne and Elvis.  I knew who Elvis and John Wayne were, but never knew who the old man was until fairly recently.  The photo is kind of a Northern thing...you from round those parts?  I grew up in ND and MN myself.

Good eye!  It is, indeed; it used to hang above my grandparents' kitchen table.  I'm from Seattle.

starrmtn001

BREAKING: President Trump Gives CRUCIAL Press briefing on Hurricane Harvey in Austin Texas.

https://youtu.be/xZGGB-2bF_I

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 29, 2017, 03:22:09 PM
Good eye!  It is, indeed; it used to hang above my grandparents' kitchen table.  I'm from Seattle.

Thank you for responding.  Yes, I suppose many Grandmothers/Grandparents had this in their house somewhere.  I remember it being a very powerful image, even more powerful than Rooster Cogburn's likeness or Elvis (1968 Comeback in black leather). 

GravitySucks

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 29, 2017, 02:48:42 PM
Has anyone heard from Gravity Sucks, today?

Gravity.  Please let us know how you are doing if you're able to.  And, please let us know whether there is anything we can do to help if necessary.  Thank you.

Still raining but safe. 6 shelters open in my town right now. Number one need is adult diapers. They aren't taking anymore clothes. People are showing up with their pets but evidently people evacuate without taking leashes.

Still have power so still in my house.

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 29, 2017, 04:13:03 PM
Still raining but safe. 6 shelters open in my town right now. Number one need is adult diapers. They aren't taking anymore clothes. People are showing up with their pets but evidently people evacuate without taking leashes.

Thank you, Gravity, for letting us know how you are faring.

When you BellGabbers reading this have a chance, please donate to Salvation Army to continue helping the folks affected by this disaster.  Thank you. :-*

https://give.salvationarmyusa.org/site/Donation2?df_id=27651&mfc_pref=T&27651.donation=form1

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 29, 2017, 03:22:09 PM

Same here.  My grandmother lived in Jackson, TN.  We still have the painting around my house too.  I think it is downstairs.

Looks like you will be out of the woods soon.  Glad you are well.   :D

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 29, 2017, 05:04:24 PM
Looks like you will be out of the woods soon.  Glad you are well.   :D

49" and counting the last I looked.

WhiteCrow

Thanks for the update! Been following your posts. Glad to read still at home with power.

WhiteCrow

Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today?

It's ok we understand.. We are all Falkies .. have special insight and must share .. 😉

serenity

Ok............
Ill just leave this here just in case anyone is interested.
https://www.nvoad.org/

Looks like there was some flooding in New Orleans and a bit here. Nothing like Texas though.
Good thoughts for my Texas friends and family

Been out of town for a bit so I'm late in wishing you well Grav.   Sounds like you pulled thru Ok.   I went without power for many, many days after Fran.
Showering in cold water gets old real quick........   

Hope the rest of the Bellgab Texas contingent did just as well.   

starrmtn001

"Oh, ye of little faith."

starrmtn001

Quote from: serenity on August 29, 2017, 06:01:06 PM
Ok............
Ill just leave this here just in case anyone is interested.
https://www.nvoad.org/

Looks like there was some flooding in New Orleans and a bit here. Nothing like Texas though.
Good thoughts for my Texas friends and family

Thank you for the link, Serenity. ;)

aldousburbank

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 29, 2017, 05:22:27 PM
49" and counting the last I looked.

I'm glad it's tolerable for you there Gravity.

By my mid 30's I had experienced two "hundred year floods". Gila River, Southern AZ,  1983- I watched my house from a hilltop as it popped off the foundation and joined several other houses in a float downstream toward the old cement bridge. Nearly every house exploded on impact.

Ten years later, on higher ground, I was cutoff from the rest of civilization for 3 months. Only way out was a 1.5 hour four wheel drive exit to the first paved highway, or a swim across the swollen river. The night my dad had cardiac arrest and died, I swam across the damn thing in the dark with all manner of debris along for the crazy ass ride. When the flooding was at its max and I still couldn't drive out the backway due to flooding washes, the national guard helicoptered in provisions which I purchased over the phone. Also, a tv news station chopper landed with donations of dogfood for us to feed the animals at our neighbors place. There were only two houses on our side of the river and the neighbor lady had been flown out by the national guard as she was about to give birth, leaving her dogs behind.

Storms are natures way of blowing your mind and getting you to really care about the weather.

Hang in there amigo. Texas- fuck yeah!