Author Aviation Thread - News, facts, questions, photos, videos, etc.  (Read 63405 times)

Aviation Thread - News, facts, questions, photos, videos, etc.
« Reply #1410 on: June 25, 2020, 02:33:11 PM »
A gorgeous looking plane.  Like something out of a sci fi movie. ;)

Yup...the American Concord...years before the Concord flew...but for me, just one true love.

OH...I was walking to work last week here in So Cal...saw a C-47 in full D-Day striping flying over low...I was in heaven!

« Reply #1412 on: June 27, 2020, 05:30:57 AM »

1/3 of Pakistani commercial pilots have fraudulent licenses, often hiring others to sit in for their exams. 

Similar thing came out about India a few years ago.

« Reply #1415 on: July 04, 2020, 09:34:23 PM »
Odd Duck here:

« Reply #1416 on: July 05, 2020, 12:33:56 AM »
Odd Duck here:

That's an Optica, they were made in the UK and marketed as a low speed observation aircraft.  I saw one fly from a small, mostly helicopter airfield outside of London. Very odd looking and sounding aircraft. 

« Reply #1417 on: July 05, 2020, 04:53:37 PM »
"Toss Bombing" nuclear weapons using the B-47 Stratojet.

https://youtu.be/s_fVtd5Sz9M

F-111's had the capability to emply a similar "over the shoulder" toss bombing technique when dropping the GBU-15.  The bomb continues upwards while the jet has changed direction and is escaping the area. 

peace
Hog

« Reply #1418 on: July 05, 2020, 07:40:24 PM »
"Toss Bombing" nuclear weapons using the B-47 Stratojet.

https://youtu.be/s_fVtd5Sz9M

F-111's had the capability to emply a similar "over the shoulder" toss bombing technique when dropping the GBU-15.  The bomb continues upwards while the jet has changed direction and is escaping the area. 

peace
Hog

When I was stationed at Plattsburgh AFB, we had two squadrons of FB-111s but there was a B-47 on static display outside of the gate.  The base is closed down now but they moved the B-47 to a small park and have an FB next to it on static display. Volunteers are currently refurbishing the B-47 to repair a bunch of panels which didnt weather too well over the years.

« Reply #1420 on: July 07, 2020, 08:59:38 PM »
I have a keen interest in aeronautics because I am desperately seeking to compensate for something.

Oh, Uncle. Cheer up! Have you ever seen Little Miss Sunshine? It's a great flick, and before the end of it, you'll perhaps know why I'm recommending it in this thread. Stick with the flick until the ending, though--it's a decent wrap-up. One of Alan Arkin's best performances!!

Also a great date movie. I'm just sayin'. Try it!

« Reply #1421 on: July 09, 2020, 04:05:37 AM »