• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ponyboysunset's Novels & Where To Get Them

Started by ponyboysunset, May 01, 2017, 08:34:18 PM

bateman

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2017, 12:34:53 PM
They probably would have shunned her. As I posted before I know people who aren't talking to family. This is just all insane to me. Why can't we differ in opinion and still be friends?

A lot of people identify so completely with their political affiliation, any opposition to it feels like a personal affront.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2017, 12:34:53 PM
They probably would have shunned her. As I posted before I know people who aren't talking to family. This is just all insane to me. Why can't we differ in opinion and still be friends?

I know.  I don't hold anything against anybody if they have different opinions than me.  I do mind if others are arrogant and intolerant of other people's views.  I go on the warpath then but short of that, I try to get along with others.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bateman⭐️ on May 04, 2017, 12:41:55 PM
A lot of people identify so completely with their political affiliation, any opposition to it feels like a personal affront.

I have to think that many Democrats can actually perceive how horrible a person Hillary is (even many of her own staffers thought so) but they ignore it for ideological reasons?! It still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  ???

ponyboysunset

All three of you have great posts! I wanted to quote everyone but why you know who you are. And I was a Democrat a long time and still hated Hillary! LOL. And I have voted Republican a few times as well. I like to get all the information I can before making a decision. Kudos All!  :-*

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2017, 12:51:51 PM
All three of you have great posts! I wanted to quote everyone but why you know who you are. And I was a Democrat a long time and still hated Hillary! LOL. And I have voted Republican a few times as well. I like to get all the information I can before making a decision. Kudos All!  :-*

That is what everybody should do. If only more people did that then this country would be much better off.  I salute you.  :D :D :D

I'm going to post a link to this initiative that Richard Dreyfuss is sponsoring.  Our schools need to do a better job of teaching students about civics.

http://www.thedreyfussinitiative.org/

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 04, 2017, 11:17:32 AM
I always liked and found her nice here but I hate her as an on air personality. When I first came here I didn't realize they were the same person until I started speaking critically of her performance on the show she did with Bill and some people here didn't like that too much. My problem was I tuned in to hear Bill talk about UFOs and instead would hear Nancy chit chatting about whatever for most of the show. That really bugged me and I said so but it didn't sit well with some of her friends here. She was always nice to me though, in spite of my critical comments.

This is eerily similar to my experience lol.  I really tried to like that show but I couldn't deal with it.  As I remember I then tried to offer some constructive criticism and got the "You just can't handle female hosts!" business.  Can you guess who that might have come from?  ;)  I agree Nancy does seem like a good sport and she's always been nice to me too.

zeebo

Quote from: bateman⭐️ on May 04, 2017, 12:41:55 PM

I was just thinking today, watching an unnamed cable news channel, how so much of what we get is about politics, not policy ... e.g., is this a 'win' or a 'loss' for some political figure, how's this gonna affect next term's elections, how big are the protests, what do various special interest groups think, will fundraising get a boost, can a good future political ad be made from this, etc.

This might make for more emotionally exciting tv/radio, but leads to rather shallow discourse and heightened polarization on all sides.  Sorry pbs, just had to get that out.  Back to vampires.   :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on May 04, 2017, 08:55:18 PM
I was just thinking today, watching an unnamed cable news channel, how so much of what we get is about politics, not policy ... e.g., is this a 'win' or a 'loss' for some political figure, how's this gonna affect next term's elections, how big are the protests, what do various special interest groups think, will fundraising get a boost, can a good future political ad be made from this, etc.

This might make for more emotionally exciting tv/radio, but leads to rather shallow discourse and heightened polarization on all sides.  Sorry pbs, just had to get that out.  Back to vampires.   :)

Vampires suck

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on May 04, 2017, 08:41:30 PM
This is eerily similar to my experience lol.  I really tried to like that show but I couldn't deal with it.  As I remember I then tried to offer some constructive criticism and got the "You just can't handle female hosts!" business.  Can you guess who that might have come from?  ;)  I agree Nancy does seem like a good sport and she's always been nice to me too.

Yep...and I bet WC was one of those voices, no doubt.

Love All  ;)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: zeebo on May 04, 2017, 08:55:18 PM

No worries Zeebo. I don't demand you talk about vampires in this thread and it sort of became a hang out spot for exchanging ideas which is cool. Sort of a moderate ground. So feel free to discuss what you like.  :)

ponyboysunset

Pondering doing a podcast with a fellow female bellgabber would you guys listen? LOL

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 06, 2017, 03:54:28 PM
Pondering doing a podcast with a fellow female bellgabber would you guys listen? LOL

Is it appropriate to still refer to RoseGirl as a fellow Bellgabber?

You bet.  As long as it isn't Rose Girl.  I've heard enough refrigerator compressor drone for the foreseeable future.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 06, 2017, 03:57:51 PM
Is it appropriate to still refer to RoseGirl as a fellow Bellgabber?
She's more of a hippy conservative. LOL..

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 06, 2017, 04:02:33 PM
She's more of a hippy conservative. LOL..

Hippy conservative?! Is that like jumbo shrimp or military intelligence?  ???

Sounds like a unicorn.  :D

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 06, 2017, 04:07:07 PM

Yes she is for real. And yes want a blitz, doesn't everyone? LOL

zeebo

Yep if you mostly talk about something besides politics.  I don't care what, could be about science, books, mangoes - anything.   :)

Jackstar

Pondering doing a podcast with a fellow female bellgabber would you guys listen?

Will the microphone be on?

LOL

Yeah, this will never get old.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 06, 2017, 04:07:07 PM

We already have one of those on this board and his name is aldousburbank.   ;D