• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Critical Omissions with Douglas Dietrich

Started by Walks_At_Night, April 11, 2017, 08:01:43 PM

Pelayo

"Your anus has a rebellious aspect ddd" -Brendan

Pelayo

Quote from: Gunner65 on January 06, 2021, 07:11:42 PM
My Dad had a story about hitting a deer in a VW Beetle, and the deer hit the windshield with a leg or two getting through, the head where the driver's side-view mirror would be.
I came up to a stopped semi near the west bank of the Columbia river on I-90 (at that point the river runs north/south) and he had just hit a deer or elk. It was totally obliterated. Nothing but a huge blood splash on the highway.

Gunner65

I used to have a job washing fleets of trucks.  From FedEx, USPS, to Gypsum Express, (Budweiser) and others.  I would occasionally be faced with cleaning a tractor after a deer strike.  Most of the time it was removing any parts of flesh or other matter from the damaged trucks so they could be processed further.

Other times is might be a 53' trailer with a failed refer unit and rotted meat that had to be inspected in order to haul other cargo. 

Gunner65

Most of these were emergency responses where the unit had to be cleaned.  These paid much better than the usual wash jobs, and the mud and the crap. Sometimes I had a blown turbo with oil etc contaminating the cargo (those were the grain trucks near the Bud brewery - hauling the refuse oats for farms etc). Most drivers were happy to just have the cabs free of crap and the bugs removed from windshields.

Pelayo

Quote from: Gunner65 on January 06, 2021, 07:35:56 PM
Most of these were emergency responses where the unit had to be cleaned.  These paid much better than the usual wash jobs, and the mud and the crap. Sometimes I had a blown turbo with oil etc contaminating the cargo (those were the grain trucks near the Bud brewery - hauling the refuse oats for farms etc). Most drivers were happy to just have the cabs free of crap and the bugs removed from windshields.
While fueling I always washed at least the windshield. What a pain. Somebody needs to invent a squeegee that does a better job. I always liked truck stops that had water hoses so you can just hose off the windshield instead of squeegeeing it off.

Gunner65

I had two accounts in Baldwinsville, NY near the Bud Brewery.  Commodoties Inc. and Gypsum Express.  I serviced those every Friday-Sunday starting with the "day runners" or the "800" number trucks.  About 300 trucks.  This was in 2000 using a mobile wash unit..Kubota washer with kerosine heat modified Ford van with a 200-gallon water tank and 150' of 3/4" hose on a reel.  Demanding job.

Gunner65

I worked for "Sparkle Wash".  Back then, Gypsum Express did not require any "water recovery" and the trucks were parked in rows on a dirt lot. Winters sucked. But in the summer, I would be washing trucks all day in my Sparkle Wash uniform..or not!

Pelayo

Speaking of San Diego, my brother tells me they locked down North Island NAS because somebody tried to run the gate this morning. https://fox5sandiego.com/news/local-news/1-detained-after-attempt-to-access-naval-air-station-north-island/

Pelayo

"Sorry dear, I know it is our anniversary but I have to talk to ddd" -moonpie

Gunner65

As for the bugs:  I had a process for that. Unlike the day drivers, the long hauler's cabs would be caked with bugs.  And other shit too.  Birds, small animals in the grills, just weird shit sometimes.

I used a 6' steel extension rod from my wash gun and two tips for the width of the spray.  I had 2 types of soap and could combine them, mixed with cold or hot water.  But the most effective plan was to use a long-handled heavy bristle brush.

If I had a real nasty case, I would use the more acidic soap first with cold water. Then fire up the heater and switch to normal soap. Then rinse with cold after scrubbing the windshield and most times I would actually pop the hood and scrub the top of that too.

The combination of heat and chemical soaps would literally melt the bugs and crap from the surface.  If they wanted the fuel tanks cleaned up I would do that too, but some guys who had polished rigs would leave a note for me not to do that.

Gunner65

The first washing of any truck starts with the windshield...at the top. With soap. (I should remember the PSI) but I think it was about 800-1200 using 5 gallons of water per minute. I think I was even a bit higher maybe above 1200.  So everything had to be sealed and working. Most of the time it was all good.  But there were times when a hose would "blow" or a connection would fail etc. We had two sections of 50' 1/2" hose.

Pelayo

The last few jobs I have had I get paid either by the mile or the route, not by the hour. Needless to say, I spend the shortest amount of time cleaning my rig. Once the tanks are topped off, cleaning time is over.

Gunner65

Quote from: Pelayo on January 06, 2021, 08:16:31 PM
The last few jobs I have had I get paid either by the mile or the route, not by the hour. Needless to say, I spend the shortest amount of time cleaning my rig. Once the tanks are topped off, cleaning time is over.
Right.  When I recall the "day drivers" or the Gypsum Express "800" numbers, they were all back in the yard by 8 pm each day.  I would start my washing of them on Friday afternoon.  One summer, I found 8 or 10 trucks had dropped trailers and were waiting in line to be washed!

It was awesome! I arrived home hours later and went to my usual bar and two drivers were there!  That was when I got the account for Gypsum Express.

(My bar was NOT in Balwandsville)
It was Cortland

Pelayo

Gunner65

It was hard work.  But I loved seeing those trucks on I 81 nice and clean..looking for the numbers on the cabs to id them. And I did learn to polish fuel tanks - or just make them cleaner... some drivers actually spend money for chrome tanks you know.

I loved it. It was hard work but we all took pride in it.  And my worst fear was missing a truck or damaging a sticker.  I have faced a few truckers who were pissed at me.  It is intimidating.  But they knew I was there for them and my reputation was solid.

Look up Gypsum Express now! And Commodities Inc. -

Gunner65

Quote from: Pelayo on January 06, 2021, 08:45:07 PM
So Gypsum express hauled sheetrock?
They hauled beer! From the Budweiser Brewery!

Damn Gunner. You knocked half the brown right off of her!

Pelayo

I found Gypsum Express but not Commodities. In Seattle there is a company called Baker commodities that had rendering trucks. I'd hate to clean one of those trailers. Every now and then you'd hear on the news that a rendering truck had to dynamite the brakes and a whole bunch of guts would spill out on the road.

Gunner65

And Commodities Inc was hauling the used hops to farms. They were next door. 
But everything had to be inspected.  I had both accounts to service and i did the best i could.

Gunner65

Quote from: Pelayo on January 06, 2021, 09:03:59 PM
On flatbed trailers?
No, There were mostly 53' containers/refer units.  The Commodity were grain units

Pelayo

Either it was a different company I looked up or they had diverse accounts. https://www.facebook.com/GypsumExpress/

Gunner65

Gypsum had long haulers too. Flat-beds and others.  All kinds of stuff.    I am talking about twenty years ago!

Gunner65

Back when I was washing trucks 10 hours a day and living on the edge

AFTER they had hired a bunch of drunk hippies with a mobile power-washer and advertised with bikini chicks on TV!

AND: Fired the "Lead Operator" of Sparkle Wash for drinking in a Baldwinsville bar -after work, wearing his work clothes and driving the company vehicle

Pelayo

I worked for an LTL carrier whose anchor account was See's candies and all the lift gate trailers all had huge photos of of See's candies on the sides. I went to many places where they thought I was out of my mind bringing See's candies to an oil refinery or a navy base.

Pelayo

Yeah ddd, take what happened today to heart, you filthy progressives have over played your hand and if you think you're gonna shove your evil agenda down good Americans throats you'll get more of the same.

Gunner65

Does any of this smell like shit to any of you?

A shirtless "Viking" ..timing...sticking her body into a door and shot through the neck?  NOT the House ..it was the door to another place which was blockaded?

She was not named..

Gunner65

"We can't save her...she's gone" - said the assholes who were all over themselves with cover