• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Critical Omissions with Douglas Dietrich

Started by Walks_At_Night, April 11, 2017, 08:01:43 PM

Gunner65

Fuck me...I really don't want to deal with this . but I have to report it even with minimal damage.

Quote from: Gunner65 on January 04, 2021, 10:35:58 PM
Fuck me...I really don't want to deal with this . but I have to report it even with minimal damage.

Yeah. Don't wash any blood or hairs off the damage area until the adjuster comes out to look. Make that call and let the pain begin.

Good luck.

Gunner65

Last times I hit a deer was:  1988 - deer hit hood and windshield..damage to the hood  (replaced)

2005:  Deer obliterated by factory installed "deer slayer" grill-guard - no damage to the vehicle...pieces of flesh and fur stuck to the vehicle undersides I had to clean up myself.

Gunner65

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 04, 2021, 10:41:30 PM
Yeah. Don't wash any blood or hairs off the damage area until the adjuster comes out to look. Make that call and let the pain begin.

Good luck.
Yeah, I get all that.  And what if it rains or snows before they get here?  I can't see any hair or blood ---I hit her at 30 MPH.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Gunner65 on January 04, 2021, 10:47:29 PM
Yeah, I get all that.  And what if it rains or snows before they get here?  I can't see any hair or blood ---I hit her at 30 MPH.

Do you have a tarp or something if it does rain?

Gunner65

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 04, 2021, 10:50:19 PM
Do you have a tarp or something if it does rain?
Yeah, I am getting that ready.  But I want to take some photos first, so I will do that too.

Gunner65

It's fucking dark, cold and icy and I am getting too old for this fucking shit!

Gunner65

As I said, I am always careful around here.  I drive slow and steady. But this doe and her friend caught me by surprise.  I figure the locals may have heard the accident (or not).  But there was no need to alert anyone.  Really, I was in third gear going up  hill . They were big does and I did not want to hit them.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Gunner65 on January 04, 2021, 11:27:50 PM
As I said, I am always careful around here.  I drive slow and steady. But this doe and her friend caught me by surprise.  I figure the locals may have heard the accident (or not).  But there was no need to alert anyone.  Really, I was in third gear going up  hill . They were big does and I did not want to hit them.

Damn. Good thing you were careful. A little faster and she might have ended up in your lap!

That's an appreciable amount of damage as it is...

Gunner65

It's only a matter of time.  I have avoided turkeys, fawns, and other animals hundreds of times, simply by driving slow and steady and being watchful.  But these two bitches decided they wanted to play.  Well, one got nicked in the ass-hind and fucked up my truck. But she probably lived.

Jackstar

Quote from: Gunner65 on January 04, 2021, 11:36:01 PM
I have avoided turkeys, fawns, and other animals hundreds of times, simply by driving slow and steady and being watchful. 

I have achieved similar results simply by driving like a bat out of hell. Just lucky I guess--maybe the cough syrup has improved my reflexes.

Sorry about your truck. And you didn't even get to keep dinner! Lame.

Gunner65

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 04, 2021, 11:35:50 PM
Damn. Good thing you were careful. A little faster and she might have ended up in your lap!

Yes, you can't see the details, but it did damage the front bumper and tore it from the frame..the lights were not damaged...she dove low and I was already breaking when I heard the impact.

I did not find any blood etc.  I hope she made it. But I bet it threw her ass and may have injured her right rear.  We will try and find her.

Gunner65

Trust me.  We will track them and make sure they are ok.  These were mature females and both about 160 lbs.  Heading downhill ..toward the water. The weather has been warmer.  I was just in the same spot ....but my habit of driving at that speed saved us.

Gunner65

Imagine if I had been doing 55 mph coming over that little curve and hill?  I would have struck both of them dead on!
Only 1/4 mile from home.

Gunner65

Quote from: Gunner65 on January 04, 2021, 11:54:37 PM
Imagine if I had been doing 55 mph coming over that little curve and hill?  I would have struck both of them dead on!
Only 1/4 mile from home.
And the truck and I would have been a total loss. 

Gunner65

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 04, 2021, 11:35:50 PM

Got a better look in daylight this morning.  Only the right front bumper cover was damaged.  The grill and left side of the bumper cover were not damaged at all.  The impact, although minimal, was enough to pop the right side of the bumper cover and crack it.  It's entirely plastic and not sure I would pay the 500.00 deductable if it will cost less than that to replace.

After 14 years of being so careful to watch out for deer and be prepared and not drive over 45 mph, I guess it was just inevitable I would get hit.

No sign of the deer being injured at all. Not even a hair anywhere on the front end.  I think I can wire the plastic bumper cover to the steel bumper or a section of the frame. I can't see replacing it when I have been saving for new tires. 

Ciardelo

Quote from: Gunner65 on January 05, 2021, 02:08:51 PM
Got a better look in daylight this morning.  Only the right front bumper cover was damaged.  The grill and left side of the bumper cover were not damaged at all.  The impact, although minimal, was enough to pop the right side of the bumper cover and crack it.  It's entirely plastic and not sure I would pay the 500.00 deductable if it will cost less than that to replace.

After 14 years of being so careful to watch out for deer and be prepared and not drive over 45 mph, I guess it was just inevitable I would get hit.

No sign of the deer being injured at all. Not even a hair anywhere on the front end.  I think I can wire the plastic bumper cover to the steel bumper or a section of the frame. I can't see replacing it when I have been saving for new tires.

I wonder if one could find a bumper cover at a "U-Pick U-Pull" auto salvage? Sounds like it might be pretty common to mess that part up tho--so it worked! :D

Glad there wasn't frame damage or something back behind there broken. Trucks should have some character too. They're a working vehicle, not something to keep all pristine...right?

Gunner65

Yes, the owner before me took good care of it though.  Only a few scratches on the rear door. I wax it 2 or 3 times a year.  I popped the hood and there is no damage to the frame or even the right headlamp.  No damage to radiator lines or anything.  The right turn signal is ok.  I used some thin stainless steel wire to secure the bumper cover to a few spots on points attached to the frame etc.  I drove back to the spot to look for any trim parts, and the right front mudflap, but there was nothing! And no sign of an injured deer (which makes me feel a lot better).

When I stopped last night It occurred to me that I had nothing in the truck to kill the deer if it was hurt bad.  But those two does were nowhere to be seen or heard. I guess we are all lucky I was going slow and paying attention.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Gunner65 on January 05, 2021, 03:13:32 PMI had nothing in the truck to kill the deer

You would have had to use to hand-to-hoof on her! 8) j/k :D

Gunner65

Quote from: sneaksie-taffer on January 05, 2021, 03:31:58 PM
Lucky for you it wasn't a giant moose.
True. Or that I was traveling toward home, and not away from home in the lane closer to the hill.  That gave me more distance from them and enough time to touch the brake once.  I had also gone up the hill in 3rd gear.  When I crested the hill I shifted into 4th gear and the two deer jumped out.  I had no time to down-shift again but was still doing only about 40 mph.

Had I stayed in 3rd gear for just two more seconds, I would have missed both of them.  (My Tacoma is a 5 speed but a 4 cyl.)

Had I been going away from home in the lane closest to the hill, I would have been in 4th gear doing about the same speed, but they would have jumped out with no time at all to react.  Both of them would have hit me.  One in the front and the other on my passenger side.

Gunner65

That would have been worse because it is likely that both deer would have been badly injured and my vehicle a total loss.  I doubt I would have been injured in the worst case.  But It would have been a real mess. My truck might have been totaled, and the Sheriff/State Police responding to decide on dispatching the deer and allowing the harvesting of them.  Hours of filing police reports and an insurance claim...loss of the vehicle.  Total nightmare.

Gunner65

Brenden Zohget is a fucking idiot..reading some shit from the aliens...

Gunner65

Zohget is a perpetual non-traditional college student ...who studies whatever he wants to.  especially Asian religions and such.  "PT" is his "GURU"

The dumbass is a waste.  Astrology and leftist ideology as a lifestyle.  and lotus what?

ItsOver

Quote from: Gunner65 on January 05, 2021, 01:00:12 AM
And the truck and I would have been a total loss.
A few years back, just down the road from me, some poor guy ended up with a deer coming through his windshield.  He died on the spot.

Pelayo

Quote from: Gunner65 on January 06, 2021, 07:05:47 PM
Zohget is a perpetual college student ...who studies whatever he wants to.  especially Asian religions and such.  "PT" is his "GURU"
Bet that will pay a whole bunch when he gets out. That is, if he ever leaves. Maybe he will go on to be one of those America hating liberal arts professors.

Gunner65

Quote from: ItsOver on January 06, 2021, 07:07:49 PM
A few years back, just down the road from me, some poor guy ended up with a deer coming through his windshield.  He died on the spot.
My Dad had a story about hitting a deer in a VW Beetle, and the deer hit the windshield with a leg or two getting through, the head where the driver's side-view mirror would be.