• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Oroville Dam, Emergency SpillWay Breaching.

Started by starrmtn001, February 11, 2017, 07:14:52 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: WOTR on May 22, 2017, 12:27:26 AM
Have "they" taken his video and the dangerous information that it presents down yet and censored him?

Yep.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 01, 2017, 06:21:53 PM
Unfortunately CA Demokkkrats are more focused on the Jerry Brown water tunnels that are estimated to cost nearly 20 billion, but lets be real, 50 billion is what they're gonna cost. And even better, they're being built to ship water from NorCal to SoCal. Problem is the tunnels are only 30 miles long and the distance from Sacramentoto to LA is nearly 300 miles.

Plus we have the 50 billion dollar speed train that so far covers a mile of the proposed 380 mile route. That will cost nearly a trillion if it's ever completed, which it won't be.

Then we also have to pay for the CA single payer healthcare system Demokkkrats are trying to push through. That's only going to double the state budget from 200 to 400 billion.

The CA demokkkrar regime is also talking about banning all gasoline operated vehicles from CA.

Ideally you want to start the projects and then let them fail. Once a project is started it's has to be completed. Once it fails, it has to be fixed.  This way we maximize the union jobs created which of course are used to extort money from the workers to send back to the demokkkrat party.
It's a neat little system the demokkkrats have going in CA.

Not to mention turning surface streets into bike lanes.  They want to raise gas taxes and close down the gas and petroleum factories is SoCal. >:(

Up All Night

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 01, 2017, 06:43:58 PM
Several dams in Texas are built the same way with an emergency overflow. I don’t think they understood the dynamics of the hydraulic pressure of a flash flood going over the top. I think they envisioned a modest rise and a trickle. Canyon Lake in Texas had a similar flood and it carved a whole new canyon and sent a twenty foot wave down the river once it met back up with the original channel. A whole new state park is there because it uncovered a whole bunch of dinosaur fossils and footprints they never would have known about. Luckily the spillway itself remained intact.

https://canyongorge.org/

There is evidence that the Grand Canyon was formed by the sudden release of water from an inland sea.

Gd5150

Quote from: Up All Night on October 01, 2017, 09:42:21 PM
There is evidence that the Grand Canyon was formed by the sudden release of water from an inland sea.
Yes the inland see that was formed when the dinosaurs melted all the icebergs from driving their SUVs and causing Mesozoic made climate disruption.

QuoteThis combination of high levels of carbon dioxide (which plants recycle as food via the process of photosynthesis) and high temperatures (an average of 90 or 100 degrees Fahrenheit, even near the poles) meant that the prehistoric world was matted with all kinds of vegetation--plants, trees, mosses, etc.

Makes one wonder what the problem is. Light'm up!

pate

I am glandular that The Orville is now a tele-bubby shoe.  Mmm, if Thomas the Train found out about all this, well I don't want to speculate...

Up All Night

The Jan. 2018 estimate for the total cost of the repairs and improvements to the poorly designed and constructed spillway and emergency spillway was..... $800 Million.

I got a response from Dale Kasler, from the Sacramento Bee, that stated that the original cost for the Oroville spillway in today's dollars was a little under $100 Million. And, the original cost for the entire Oroville dam in today's dollar's was about $1 billion.

As a Federal Taxpayer, I do expect the State of California to pick up most the tab for this $800 Million repair...

starrmtn001

Quote from: Up All Night on June 06, 2018, 05:01:29 PM
The Jan. 2018 estimate for the total cost of the repairs and improvements to the poorly designed and constructed spillway and emergency spillway was..... $800 Million.

I got a response from Dale Kasler, from the Sacramento Bee, that stated that the original cost for the Oroville spillway in today's dollars was a little under $100 Million. And, the original cost for the entire Oroville dam in today's dollar's was about $1 billion.

As a Federal Taxpayer, I do expect the State of California to pick up most the tab for this $800 Million repair...

Good luck with that idiotic, state government.

Up All Night

Sorry if this has already been posted, but it's a good overview of the event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjbbW37qzak

starrmtn001

Quote from: Up All Night on June 11, 2018, 09:07:41 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but it's a good overview of the event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjbbW37qzak

Thank you.  I hope they made the proper repairs.  Time will tell.

WOTR

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 15, 2019, 10:18:56 PM
Get in here nibbers this bitch is gonna blow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjEO_XAMT58
I have no idea if there are problems... But that "youtubber" has an IQ of around 50 and has never worked on a construction site. From her other video...

"Digging to China" (Yes, you have to dig to stabilize.)
"Crooked!" (It's rebar. Get over it.)
"The sea of plastic" (Yes, those are put on so that people don't impale themselves.)
"Wire ties going to hold that?" (Yes, they are rebar ties designed for that.)
"What about asbestos and crap" (It's rock, not insulation from the 70's)
"Wonder how long that will take to dry?" (It's called continuous pour. Also, it needs to dry slow or it will be an issue.)
"Was the bottom layer dry?" (I FUCKING hope not! moron.)
"Spray that dirty water." (Yes, use potable water only, for dust control.)  ::)
"What is that thing?" (It's called a hydrovac unit, you stupid twat.)
"long neck crane" (Concrete pumper.)
"Why are the tearing the rock down, isn't that the foundation?"
(Probably for better, more stable bedrock under it that was not destroyed by water. Ask the geologist and engineer.)
"A mess." (Yes, demolition sites usually are.)
"Concrete plant." (Holly Hell! You actually got something right!)
"how long does it take to build a crane?" (1 day to two weeks- depending.)
"Moving a lot of dirt. Why" (Because it is a major earthworks project?)
"Couldn't this be done with a machine?" (who cares.)
"pickers" (concrete breakers.)

Fuck, this lady is the Falkie of the Oroville dam project. Not a clue, but full of opinions and willing to show her lack of knowledge and stupidity at every turn. I'm not saying that there are no problems- only that she would be about the last one to recognize what they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzFM2-QP44A

WOTR

Quote from: Jackstar on October 01, 2017, 06:53:51 PM

Yep.
That only took them two years. The CIA is slipping (also, I can still view it.)