• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ross Mitchell

Started by tprainbow, February 14, 2009, 05:54:08 PM

tprainbow

Greetings. First Post
        So....I searched through the forums to see if any one had posted about Ross Mitchell and I could not find anything. Ross Mitchell is "the voice" from the beginning of the show. Do any of you remember when Ross Mitchell hosted C2C? Its been a while so I cant remember very well, but at the time I lived in a town where there was a FM station that broadcast the show very high quality compared to AM. Ross's voice sounds awesome, its like thunder. He has a very cool/smooth tone about him. Very serious guy. Does anybody have any of those shows? Like I said, its been a while... but I'm pretty sure he was my favorite host next to Art.

I've read a lot of posts on here and it seems like some of you have taken a liking to Ian. Call me crazy, but its extremely hard for me to listen to him. I have a less childish voice and demeanor than he does. The things that interest him turn me off... especially in the context of what the show is about. I'm not going to elaborate about that. He might be short fused like Art, but its for all the wrong reasons. Art is short fused "in a good way". Ian just seems like a self righteous softy, ON A GOOD DAY. Art feels like a father figure. George is just a regular softy, a Santa Clause of sorts. I just miss the broodiness of Art, and Ian kills any of that for me. He has the tone of an immature adolescent male.  To say the least I'm kinda panicked about Ian taking over the show. I know I'm in the George Noory Sucks forum, but i think Ian is making a mockery of Coast. To me this is a George Noory and Ian Punnett Suck forum. It makes me very sad that Ian is making friends with the way he does the show. 

But anyway, I've started this thread because I just want to see if I'm alone on this one. Let me know what you think of Ross, i sure do remember enjoying his version of the show. I think he has done a few shows, the one i heard was about the nephalim.

Cheers

EvB

QuoteTo say the least I'm kinda panicked about Ian taking over the show.

You know what?  I seriously doubt you have to worry about that.  Ian doesn't suffer fools gladly.  By his own admission (he was not crude enough to say the "suffer fools" part - that's from me) three are too many regular "Coast" topics he would just not handle well - Which is why, IMO - he was not made the full time host to begin with. 

The best example I can think of came up within the past few months.  A caller came on and asked Ian to do a Ouija Board show because George had "Chickened Out"  Ian's reply was to the effect that it was just so not "him" he'd never consider it.  He said he'd just "giggle" the entire time.

Too, I think we've all seen that Ian has no patience at all with guests who want to rattle on about their - um - "unique" notions of, well, ANYTHING without being challenged.  He seems to believe that if people are going to hold a point of view, as experts, that is "out there" they have to be ready to defend it.  I AGREE.

George, OTOH, is perfectly happy to massage the ego of anyone with a book to sell.

So, I wouldn't worry about Ian as a full time host if I were you.  In fact, I think it's not just a pose of modesty when Ian react to people who say they want him as the full time host with "Nooooooooo you don't, no no no, you REALLY don't" I think he means it - and I think my guess (here) is part of the reason whay.

As for Mitchell - I've never heard him host.  He does have a great voice though.

Centurion73

I remember two shows by Ross and I thought he did well and with his voice even if he was not he seemed more exciting and in command than Noory ever could be. Check out the Iansufferable thread for as long as it may last and post if you see fit be it funny or serious.

MV/Liberace!

i remember a couple shows with ross mitchell hosting.  however, unfortunately, i must say i found him to be quite uninteresting and a "by the numbers" interviewer/presenter.

i believe he actually does a morning show with some broad in reno, by the way.

I was driving from Sacramento to San Diego via Las Vegas for work about a year ago and heard Ross' morning show out of Reno as I was going through Carson City one morning. It's a pretty cookie-cutter AM news station morning show, it definitely was different hearing that voice talking about traffic, ag reports and the local spelling bee winners.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on March 16, 2009, 12:27:57 AM
I was driving from Sacramento to San Diego via Las Vegas for work about a year ago and heard Ross' morning show out of Reno as I was going through Carson City one morning. It's a pretty cookie-cutter AM news station morning show, it definitely was different hearing that voice talking about traffic, ag reports and the local spelling bee winners.
haha, yeah, i've heard a couple clips of that morning show he's doing with the hole (a term applied to hacky, formulaic radio women who just sit there and laugh at what their male colleague says).

it's atrocious.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 20, 2009, 11:53:04 PM
haha, yeah, i've heard a couple clips of that morning show he's doing with the hole (a term applied to hacky, formulaic radio women who just sit there and laugh at what their male colleague says).

it's atrocious.

Is Robin Quivers a hole?  Or is it more like the 1 generic dame that's a part of many "morning zoo" type shows?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 21, 2009, 12:27:38 AM
Is Robin Quivers a hole?  Or is it more like the 1 generic dame that's a part of many "morning zoo" type shows?
i'd say robin has hole qualities and non hole qualities.  for instance, on the non hole side of things, she doesn't buzzkill everything by exclaiming, "awwww, guys!!!!" every time the male host says something "racy" or humorous.  at the same time, she does seem to sit there and laugh a lot without really contributing much to the show.

Silent

I just grabbed this show with Ross Mitchell hosting and thought I'd share it here for anyone who is interested.  I've just begun listening to it so I don't have any opinion on his abilities yet.  I just wish I had a huge stereo so I could shake my house with his voice.

It looks like there's 1 or 2 more shows hosted by him.  If anyone really likes him and wants more I can post those too.

[attachment deleted by admin]

coastfan

I hear his voice every time I go to the supermarket and a Coast bumper tune starts playing on the store sound system. Last time, it was Gordon Lightfoot's "Sundown".

Call! Right now!
Wanna take a ride?

tweet75

george just announced tonight they got 2 new announcers

Sardondi

Retired? Or is this a wonderful example of an out-of-touch corporate management fixing everything but the problem?

Usagi

Wow, that sucks.  Really, it does.  Did Fucktard give a reason?

Next, they'll stop playing "Chase" at the beginning.  That way, they can not only disfigure the face and desecrate the corpse of my favorite show nightly, but violently destroy the dental records on top of it.  Ah well.

[Where's the "Ross Mitchell left so he can go announce on Art's secret new show" theory?]

Kaiborg

No WAY!  I just heard some jerky's voice...  that WASN'T Ross Mitchell's!  Peep'd this on the Wiki - "On April 10, 2012, George Noory on Coast to Coast AM announced that George Mitchell's employer no longer wanted Mitchell to do the announcements for the show because the station no longer was an affiliate. Two other announcers were hired as replacements.[citation needed]"

Sucks.

gs2offroad

Sounds like KOH Reno is cutting their remaining ties to the sinking ship.  They cut Coast from the schedule not long ago.

michio

PremRat was too cheap to buy out Ross.  Why can they not trade Simple George for Ross?  It would be a win for everyone. Ross's classic voice should live on at C2C for perpetuity. My missing invisible friend, come home.

slipstream

He is announcing for the Red Eye Radio show.  I mentioned this a few weeks ago in the Red Eye Radio thread.

punkinpie

Quote from: Usagi on April 09, 2012, 11:39:38 PM

Next, they'll stop playing "Chase" at the beginning.  That way, they can not only disfigure the face and desecrate the corpse of my favorite show nightly, but violently destroy the dental records on top of it.  Ah well.

[Where's the "Ross Mitchell left so he can go announce on Art's secret new show" theory?]

On a side note here, what is with "Dancing Queen" being played constantly as bumper music?  When did that start?

tmock00

Mitchell has been announcing on Coast to Coast for years, and the guy doesn't even get a proper send-off. 

Sad.

The General

"Art hired me because I have balls the size of the Liberty Bell."

-Phil Hendrie as Ross Mitchell

Quote from: tmock00 on April 10, 2012, 01:39:50 AM
Mitchell has been announcing on Coast to Coast for years, and the guy doesn't even get a proper send-off. 

Sad.

I'm guessing either Linda Lyon or George Noory thought this would be a great idea to get payback for the station Ross works at dropping them.  With George making the final decision.

If so, any Program Director out there on the fence about keeping the show, please dump it now that we know how they operate at Coast to Coast AM with George Noory. 

Sardondi

Quote from: punkinpie on April 10, 2012, 12:02:42 AM
On a side note here, what is with "Dancing Queen" being played constantly as bumper music?  When did that start?

My bet is it's an inside joke slipped in there because the studio guys saw George giving it some vogue action during breaks...

Quote from: tmock00 on April 10, 2012, 01:39:50 AM

Sad.

And unfortunately typical. But you'd think someone with a tiny bit of class and balls a little bigger than a gnat's would at least dress it up as "retirement" and wish Mitchell good luck. But no one of that description could be found...

Re: ross mitchell no longer announcing on coast to coast

OH WHAT HORSE SHIT.

P.S. Art used to play ABBA all of the time in the glory days.

preston

Maybe Ross doesn't want to be associated with C2C anymore.

Morgus

Quote from: preston on April 10, 2012, 04:01:40 PM
Maybe Ross doesn't want to be associated with C2C anymore.
Apparently it wasn't Ross' decision.
It was reported yesterday that the longtime C2C affiliate Reno radio station that Ross Mitchell has worked at for many years dropped C2C recently in favor of a competing program.
The station therefore didn't want their employee (Ross) working as an announcer on the side for their new competition any longer. 
So Ross hasn't "retired" he just continues his main announcer work at the Reno station and doesn't do the side job of recording audio for C2C anymore.

Quote from: Morgus on April 10, 2012, 04:09:43 PM
It was reported yesterday that the longtime C2C affiliate Reno radio station that Ross Mitchell has worked at for many years dropped C2C recently in favor of a competing program.
The station therefore didn't want their employee (Ross) working as an announcer on the side for their new competition any longer. 
So Ross hasn't "retired" he just continues his main announcer work at the Reno station and doesn't do the side job of recording audio for C2C anymore.
You mean Paper Boy's transparent attempt to blame it all on Noory, or suits, or tinutis, or whatever, was just another half baked and desperate grasp at projecting his own shortcomings on everything that is C2C?  Whoda thunk it...

Sardondi

Quote from: Morgus on April 10, 2012, 04:09:43 PM

There's simply no realistic way, with the egos of the broadcasting world being what they are, that Premiere would let an employee of a station that drops them stay on as an announcer. To tv and radio management, talent (except for the top banana) is as interchangeable as one light bulb for another. They truly don't think anyone would care about Mitchell's absence. While to most mature adults firing Mitchell seems like a gross overreaction by a boss terrified that people might learn he's a closeted gay unless he acts really manly and tough - but that's exactly what most broadcasting execs are. So Mitchell paid for his station's sins. And the bottom line is, no one will drop C2C because of it.

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on April 10, 2012, 04:37:44 PM
You mean Paper Boy's transparent attempt to blame it all on Noory, or suits, or tinutis, or whatever, was just another half baked and desperate grasp at projecting his own shortcomings on everything that is C2C?  Whoda thunk it...

Well it is rare, but Noory isn't responsible for all of the hundreds of fuck-ups at C2C..just most of them.

Digitech

I remember at least once when Ross Mitchell actually hosted a weekend show. If I recall, he actually did quite well.

blackshap9

Quote from: Digitech on April 10, 2012, 06:23:08 PM
I remember at least once when Ross Mitchell actually hosted a weekend show. If I recall, he actually did quite well.
Yes your right. He came across as a real nice guy. Paper*Boy probably hates him.

blackshap9

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on April 10, 2012, 04:37:44 PM
Applause