• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Suspicious Ufologist Death?

Started by Uncle Duke, October 19, 2016, 09:16:25 AM

Ufology is one of those degrees I can get by spending 10 minutes on the Internet, right?

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 19, 2016, 09:16:25 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/17/ufo-experts-death-prompts-conspiracy-theories/

Anybody ever heard of this guy?
Only post-death but I'm not a big UFO guy. Was he ever on with any of the usual suspect radio hosts or conference "big events?" I like that they are bringing in many conspiratorial aspects to his unfortunate and mystery death: puking black substance, he was killed by a satanic ring that he was going to expose, etc.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: rekcuf on October 19, 2016, 10:03:06 AM
Ufology is one of those degrees I can get by spending 10 minutes on the Internet, right?

Not just a degree; you'll be credited with doing 'work' and an authority due to your research (basically getting to grips with copy and paste, and posting what others of the same ilk type, as long as they're saying the same as you).

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on October 19, 2016, 10:05:43 AM
Only post-death but I'm not a big UFO guy. Was he ever on with any of the usual suspect radio hosts or conference "big events?" I like that they are bringing in many conspiratorial aspects to his unfortunate and mystery death: puking black substance, he was killed by a satanic ring that he was going to expose, etc.

That goes without saying.

SredniVashtar

Damn clickbait thread title! I was hoping it referred to Michael Horn, who is a 'suspicious ufologist' if ever there were one.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 19, 2016, 10:10:23 AM
Not just a degree; you'll be credited with doing 'work' and an authority due to your research (basically getting to grips with copy and paste, and posting what others of the same ilk type, as long as they're saying the same as you).

Sounds like a rewarding career.

albrecht

Quote from: rekcuf on October 19, 2016, 10:36:52 AM
Sounds like a rewarding career.
There is a big downside though. You have to go to "big events" with people like Norry, the guy with crazy hair, and RCH to bilk people and listen to speeches about 19.5 and other stuff ad museum. You have to stay up late to hawk your stuff and be interviewed by people like Norry.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on October 19, 2016, 10:43:09 AM
There is a big downside though. You have to go to "big events" with people like Norry, the guy with crazy hair, and RCH to bilk people and listen to speeches about 19.5 and other stuff ad museum. You have to stay up late to hawk your stuff and be interviewed by people like Norry.

The upside is you learn to dance like Wilcox and get chicks. Apparently.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: rekcuf on October 19, 2016, 10:03:06 AM

A few years ago on C2C, Stan Friedman was ranting about the lack of qualifications of a PhD skeptic who took issue with a book written by one of his protégés.  Stan pointed out the gent's three degrees were all in English, not technical fields of study like engineering or physics.  When I looked up the bio of the author Stan was defending, I found his academic background consisted of having graduated from a matchbook cover art school ("Can You Draw Blinky?") and a some courses (video production?) from a nondescript junior college.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 19, 2016, 11:00:54 AM
A few years ago on C2C, Stan Friedman was ranting about the lack of qualifications of a PhD skeptic who took issue with a book written by one of his protégés.  Stan pointed out the gent's three degrees were all in English, not technical fields of study like engineering or physics.  When I looked up the bio of the author Stan was defending, I found his academic background consisted of having graduated from a matchbook cover art school ("Can You Draw Blinky?") and a some courses (video production?) from a nondescript junior college.
Very typical of C2C guests. Why I liked Ian because these so-called religious experts with some online/mail-order degree in some diploma-mill divinity school or something would get owned by Ian when it came to scripture, religious history, dogma, ancient language translations, etc. And, as you point out, even when the guest has a legitimate degree, even highly advanced, they often are talking about a subject totally unrelated. Next on C2C: the dentist who is a psychic ascended master and expert Egyptian pyramids.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 19, 2016, 11:00:54 AM

The first puts him on par with Michealangelo the second with Spielberg. Your point sir?

Quote from: albrecht on October 19, 2016, 10:43:09 AM

At least I would have a chance at dicking Linda Moulton Howe.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 19, 2016, 11:06:50 AM
The first puts him on par with Michealangelo the second with Spielberg. Your point sir?

When you put it that way, I guess I have no point.  Excuse me while I skulk off to another thread in disgrace. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: rekcuf on October 19, 2016, 11:07:15 AM
At least I would have a chance at dicking Linda Moulton Howe.

If only you'd grasped copy and paste and got your UFO degree. Imagine the possibilities.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 19, 2016, 11:13:42 AM
If only you'd grasped copy and paste and got your UFO degree. Imagine the possibilities.

I was out grabbing pussy when I should have been grabbing text books. Damn.  :-\

At least I can tell my grandkids about surviving The Great Meme War.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 19, 2016, 11:12:26 AM
When you put it that way, I guess I have no point.  Excuse me while I skulk off to another thread in disgrace.

Not disgrace, but in woo woo, being able to walk, talk and fart at the same time is ample qualification. Anything else no matter how tenuous or totally irrelevant is a bonus. It helps too that if someone comes along and carefully and methodically debunks the woo woo with facts (that's facts pertaining to said topic), the complete lack of knowledge is brought into play to rubbish those facts. So a guy's art degree gained by nothing more than potato cuts and throwing tins of emulsion at a wall is far and away better qualified to discuss flying machines than for example an aerospace engineer with Masters degree, diplomas within that subject and thirty years experience designing and developing aeroplanes.

Jackstar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 19, 2016, 11:22:05 AM
thirty years experience designing and developing aeroplanes.

... all of which is largely worthless in the face of anti-gravity technology. You're an idiot, fuck off.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on October 19, 2016, 11:25:24 AM
... all of which is largely worthless in the face of anti-gravity technology. You're an idiot, fuck off.

A 747 flying at FL 400 is defying gravity, or have you just been watching the chem trails it kicks out? Well? Have you jacky boy?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 19, 2016, 11:22:05 AM
Not disgrace, but in woo woo, being able to walk, talk and fart at the same time is ample qualification. Anything else no matter how tenuous or totally irrelevant is a bonus. It helps too that if someone comes along and carefully and methodically debunks the woo woo with facts (that's facts pertaining to said topic), the complete lack of knowledge is brought into play to rubbish those facts. So a guy's art degree gained by nothing more than potato cuts and throwing tins of emulsion at a wall is far and away better qualified to discuss flying machines than for example an aerospace engineer with Masters degree, diplomas within that subject and thirty years experience designing and developing aeroplanes.

Oh sure, like you'd find somebody like that on this site, or even listening to a show like C2C.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 19, 2016, 12:04:04 PM
Oh sure, like you'd find somebody like that on this site, or even listening to a show like C2C.

I can't imagine why not!  ::)

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 19, 2016, 09:16:25 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/17/ufo-experts-death-prompts-conspiracy-theories/

Anybody ever heard of this guy?

I've heard a few interviews with him several years ago but don't really remember anything about them. Pretty sure they were on C2C but can't swear to it.