• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Why did Art Bell pick Heather Wade?

Started by Dwindling Stacks, October 17, 2016, 09:35:48 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 21, 2016, 11:47:41 AM
Hahaha all I know is that every visitor from your passive little island has turned into Rambo at the gun range and at my uncle's house where we can shoot off the back deck.

Yeah, most will have never seen a firearm before. New toy to play with. Bang bang. Those who have fired weapons don't tend to get giddy. At least no-one I've shot with did. Its why I don't ike the idea of just anyone having access thinking they'll be Stephen Segal and save the lives of hundreds and every round hitting the correct target. But that's another topic...interdit!

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 21, 2016, 11:49:53 AM
Narcissists always believe they're cleverer, more switched on than others. But in this case he was complicit rather than the originator I believe.

Very complicit. I also think he was generally surprised that his story was questioned in his 'safe space'.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: rekcuf on October 21, 2016, 12:00:51 PM
Very complicit. I also think he was generally surprised that his story was questioned in his 'safe space'.

Exactly! He had an adoring audience who spread each of his dulcet tones on their crumpets whilst sitting up in bed, unquestioning, forgiving his little foibles (see marriage history); why and how could they ever doubt the integrity of their liege? Thing is, that doesn't count for everyone. And the scales fell from eyes and the deity was found to not be wearing a fabuolus cloak afterall.

theONE

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 21, 2016, 11:35:35 AM
And was visited by a talking mouse. Or was that Jones?

[attachment deleted by admin]

theONE

Quote from: theONE on October 20, 2016, 04:05:14 PM
Not much sorry for her is really need it.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 21, 2016, 08:36:26 AM
You certainly write the English good. Reading that made me feel like I was hearing Welsh spoken while suffering from a hangover. I'm afraid you're going to have to attend an intensive session in BellGab remedial classes if you want to reach the high standard required on here. Unless one of your yaks has got loose and started posting again.

hahaha, lol
You dear Sir are to tears reduces me.
Bringest you harsh words upon my head to humble me in ways unspoken for me to comprehend.
If you only knew how much of precious time I spend composing that sentence "Not much sorry for her is really need it." thinking
that this line will be blooming like a rose of a spoken word - but you Sir reduced that with few clicks on your keyboard 
to a bushel of painful thorns...

Catsmile

Y'all believe what'cha want... But at the end of the day...
It's just the confessions of a serial quitter...
Take them for what theyz worth. 

How likely is it that the stalker would just give up and call it a day once his/her demands were met, instead of escalating the situation?

theONE

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 21, 2016, 09:00:05 AM
His claims don't have credulity if taken in the whole. Normal people who have their family threatened don't hang around and do nothing other than take a hiatus from work. To then stand in the open at night having a photo taken not knowing if or where a potential assassin could be hiding out of sight is stretching common sense to limits a suicidal person would think twice about.

But it fell apart at the beginning; Heather called the cops on his behalf? Why? He was so (understandably) distressed his first thought was call her before the police, all the time giving the stalker more time to put distance between himself and the home.

Very sad observation from Art's behaviour on that night that he was /allegedly/ shot at by his guest house that he converted to studio
and he fell on the ground and remained there for over 20 minutes waiting for police to arrive to catch the shooter -
but Art didn't have the protective father / loving husband instinct to run or to crawl to his house to protect his wife and his young child...

especially that Art was claiming that he received a phone call threatening "his live and live of his family" - what a coward !!!,
thinking only about saving his ass and for 20 minutes lying on the ground giving time for the shooter to go inside his house
and murder or rape his wife and daughter.

That for me at least, THIS is one more nail in the coffin of lies...

Catsmile

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on October 21, 2016, 01:06:22 PM
How likely is it that the stalker would just give up and call it a day once his/her demands were met, instead of escalating the situation?

Most civil and rational serial shooter evar. In fact it would seem Art was confident of the shooting stalker being rational. Confident enough to take his child out into the snow. A child who was terrorized, weeping in the corner of her room days earlier by the shooter.

All that snow lights the world up at night, making for much easier target acquisition. I reckon it was a bonus the stalker was a piss poor shot, couldn't even hit anything on a sprawling compound with multiple attempts. OH! It could have been a firecracker... Ummkay.

Sounding like Art chased a shadow person around his compound loaded for bear moar than once.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on October 21, 2016, 01:06:22 PM

Because stalkers by their very nature don't have an 'enough' switch. An inexact analogy are conspiracy theorists who, when presented with facts to debunk their woo woo, bring up hitherto un- mentioned caveats to reposition the goal posts. Stalkers are not satisfied.

Art really lucked out by getting the world's nicest stalker.
1. When the wheels came off 20 minutes into the first show and Art stepped back in to bail her out, the stalker kindly turned the other way and let Art take a retirement mulligan.  You're average obsessed nut would have flown into a rage thinking they were mocking him

2. He stuck to his word and left Art alone when he left the show. Most stalkers escalate til they're caught or there's some horrific confrontation but with ths guy a deals a deal

3. Rather than be outraged at Art's outspokenness on Facebook posts, he lets him vent to his randomly-capitalized heart'scontent

Catsmile

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on October 21, 2016, 03:44:01 PM
Art really lucked out by getting the world's nicest stalker.
1. When the wheels came off 20 minutes into the first show and Art stepped back in to bail her out, the stalker kindly turned the other way and let Art take a retirement mulligan.  You're average obsessed nut would have flown into a rage thinking they were mocking him

2. He stuck to his word and left Art alone when he left the show. Most stalkers escalate til they're caught or there's some horrific confrontation but with ths guy a deals a deal

3. Rather than be outraged at Art's outspokenness on Facebook posts, he lets him vent to his randomly-capitalized heart's content

4. Magnanimous stalker allows Art to do liners and ad space for his... er Heaths show.

Quote from: rekcuf on October 21, 2016, 11:46:56 AM
... whether he intended to stoke controversy or not, it's clear he doesn't grasp the fact that people would/did question his contradictory statements. What annoys me Mr. Bell,..you thought you could get away with insulting all of our intelligences. Multiple times...

Art putting out that weak-ass shit, thinking we'd take the bait.  Just wow.

Fuck you right back, Art

Quote from: Catsmile on October 21, 2016, 01:25:49 PM
Most civil and rational serial shooter evar. In fact it would seem Art was confident of the shooting stalker being rational. Confident enough to take his child out into the snow. A child who was terrorized, weeping in the corner of her room days earlier by the shooter...

The child was in her room alone and terrified because a bunch of cops and police cars were there, probably rushed up the hill with sirens on.  All the adults acting as if something terrifying was happening.

Then they send her into her room alone in the middle of all that?  And wonder why she's in there hiding, sobbing?

If any of that really happened, of course.  All we have is Art's word for it.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 21, 2016, 12:08:41 PM
Exactly! He had an adoring audience who spread each of his dulcet tones on their crumpets whilst sitting up in bed, unquestioning, forgiving his little foibles (see marriage history); why and how could they ever doubt the integrity of their liege? Thing is, that doesn't count for everyone. And the scales fell from eyes and the deity was found to not be wearing a fabuolus cloak afterall.

Let's not forget that nobody but nobody is or was better qualified than Art to piece together a story based on few facts and no evidence, then tie it all together in an exciting, dramatic package -- i.e. The Stalker. He's been hearing stories like this for years, from ghosts to UFOs and everything else under the sun and knows what questions could or would be asked and what he could say in response that could never be disproven.

IOW, he knew how to create plausible denial of any possible debunking claims. And virtually everything we know that supports his story comes directly from him. Like another guy we've come to know well (who he seems to admire), he just kept saying "Believe me, believe me." And some people were inclined to do that.

theONE

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 21, 2016, 08:09:52 PM
Art putting out that weak-ass shit, thinking we'd take the bait.  Just wow.

Fuck you right back, Art

are you suggesting that Art, this...

mikuthing01

Heather wants a pizza i think we should send some to Art's cuck shed

theONE

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 21, 2016, 10:00:47 PM
Let's not forget that nobody but nobody is or was better qualified than Art to piece together a story based on few facts and no evidence, then tie it all together in an exciting, dramatic package -- i.e. The Stalker. He's been hearing stories like this for years, from ghosts to UFOs and everything else under the sun and knows what questions could or would be asked and what he could say in response that could never be disproven.

IOW, he knew how to create plausible denial of any possible debunking claims. And virtually everything we know that supports his story comes directly from him. Like another guy we've come to know well (who he seems to admire), he just kept saying "Believe me, believe me." And some people were inclined to do that.

Very well summarized Sir.

BTW...Shabbat Shalom

Norm

Art picked heather because of her talent. She is very talented. Art said so. Just like when George Noory started and Art told the world: " George gets it' " 

michio

She has a nice voice (debatable) and she's a witch. What additional qualifications would someone need to replace Bell?

Art did not pick sNoory to be a host but Art did pick HW. Maybe it was her womanly charms or she cast a midnight spell on him and he was powerless to make a rational decision. I can only speculate.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 21, 2016, 11:06:19 AM
You are forgetting the story of the rifle shots from the car, which he placed in the mouth of a helpful neighbor.  I suppose that is another "tell"?  At this rate, I'm convinced you'd debate the weather out my own window, or at least use my report to reveal penetrating insights into my character.

Art certainly didn't take the threat the same way I would have, but I have shoulder-holstered relatives who'd probably prefer to act out a Quick Draw McGraw fantasy than cower or call for help.  You may call them total idiots, but I won't test 'em.

I think the rifle shots from the car probably happened but he read too much into it. It's not much of a threat if he wasn't aware of it and needed to hear about it second-hand from a neighbour. I'm pretty sure he said that there was a bit of disturbance that night anyway, so it was almost certainly people who'd had a bit too much to drink trying to stir up the neighbourhood rather than anything directed specifically at him. I think the whole story came out of a combination of paranoia, boredom (with the show) and isolation of one kind or another. When you are in that frame of mind then all sorts of things can seem like good ideas. I'm sure he saw the numbers for the show, which tailed off alarmingly after the first few weeks, and felt discouraged by that as well.

There's nothing wrong with being open-minded, as the man said, as long as it's not so open that your brain falls out. If someone has a history of quitting for various reasons then it's fair to subject his claims to a bit more scrutiny than someone you know nothing about. He made no effort to say that the show was on hiatus, it was a case of "well, that's that!" and he hasn't been back, apart from one show. I don't condemn your lack of cynicism, we need more of that sort of thing. On a separate point, I have a very nice bridge (ONO) that I'm trying to sell to a sucker discerning buyer. Interested?

theONE

Let me suggest this,We can speculate till our balls get blue -
I think that the proper question should be:
...when Art's top head was overridden by the bottom head ?

Robert

Quote from: Catsmile on October 21, 2016, 03:54:30 PM4. Magnanimous stalker allows Art to do liners and ad space for his... er Heaths show.
Presumably he records those at another location.

Robert

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 22, 2016, 06:28:34 AMI think the rifle shots from the car probably happened but he read too much into it. It's not much of a threat if he wasn't aware of it and needed to hear about it second-hand from a neighbour. I'm pretty sure he said that there was a bit of disturbance that night anyway, so it was almost certainly people who'd had a bit too much to drink trying to stir up the neighbourhood rather than anything directed specifically at him.
But it's an isolated neighborhood, not a crowded one.  A short dead-end street in a low-density area.  If someone wanted to stir up a neighborhood, they had to pick that one out.

theONE

Quote from: Robert on October 22, 2016, 07:48:06 AM
But it's an isolated neighborhood, not a crowded one.  A short dead-end street in a low-density area.  If someone wanted to stir up a neighborhood, they had to pick that one out.

YES, you of little faith - don't you know that Art is very special...

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 22, 2016, 06:28:34 AM
I think the rifle shots from the car probably happened but he read too much into it. It's not much of a threat if he wasn't aware of it and needed to hear about it second-hand from a neighbour. I'm pretty sure he said that there was a bit of disturbance that night anyway, so it was almost certainly people who'd had a bit too much to drink trying to stir up the neighbourhood rather than anything directed specifically at him. I think the whole story came out of a combination of paranoia, boredom (with the show) and isolation of one kind or another. When you are in that frame of mind then all sorts of things can seem like good ideas. I'm sure he saw the numbers for the show, which tailed off alarmingly after the first few weeks, and felt discouraged by that as well.

There's nothing wrong with being open-minded, as the man said, as long as it's not so open that your brain falls out. If someone has a history of quitting for various reasons then it's fair to subject his claims to a bit more scrutiny than someone you know nothing about. He made no effort to say that the show was on hiatus, it was a case of "well, that's that!" and he hasn't been back, apart from one show. I don't condemn your lack of cynicism, we need more of that sort of thing. On a separate point, I have a very nice bridge (ONO) that I'm trying to sell to a sucker discerning buyer. Interested?

I know you're trying to be funny, but that's kind of the point: this isn't fraud like your bridge, where lack of critical faculties is justly mocked and setting them aside willfully is even worse.  We have lost no money and, where time and attention are concerned, I confess I found the experience of listening to him under fire infinitely more entertaining than his bad back.  I can accept Art's story primarily because it costs me nothing and my accounts with him are clear.

It was evident early on, as you point out, that he no longer wanted to do the show for reasons unrelated to the stalker.  Oh well, that is his prerogative.  Avec le talent, on fait ce qu'on veut, with as Gallic a shrug as I can muster.  You may call him a quitter once again with no interruption from me.  But I expected nothing from him, and instead got a few months' entertainment.

From my serene perch, it looks like the "Art lied" people exist at this intersection of unwarranted, unfounded cynicism and unfilled, undue expectations.  I am quite sure that place serves a very thin gruel -- Bon Appétit!

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 22, 2016, 09:52:26 AM
...  I can accept Art's story primarily because it costs me nothing and my accounts with him are clear...

I'm not sure that's the test for deciding whether someone is telling the truth.  It's the test of whether to give a shit.

onan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 22, 2016, 11:00:51 AM
I'm not sure that's the test for deciding whether someone is telling the truth.  It's the test of whether to give a shit.

Excellent question, the real truth here is, Art is done. Shooter, stalker, real, not real have little to do with that fact.

I gave Art the benefit of the doubt. Now, I am definitely in the "who cares?" group.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 22, 2016, 11:00:51 AM

Hahaha I think we can agree on that.  I was more interested in annoying Shreddy with Frenchisms, and to present him with a face of marble-carved tranquility to replace the gibbering, credulous fools of his imagination.

In reply to your other post, I think there's a point at which steadfastly maintaining a position which can never be proven (see Shreddy's helpful comments about proving a negative) and is increasingly inconsequential becomes slightly gauche.  As this is a matter of taste opinions will vary considerably, but for me that is about now.  The terms are indefinite when mining it for humor, however.