• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Food/Beverages On Your Mind

Started by Camazotz Automat, September 29, 2016, 05:01:15 AM

Not really random; more like systematical to the season.  Note-- Harvest Mix disappeared from shelves for a number of years, but has happily been restored, under the less festive name of "Assorted Mellowcreme".  I think it's the best Candy Corn derivative, and signals Halloween the way Peeps signal Easter.

Quote from: Étouffée on September 29, 2016, 11:29:24 PM
Not really random; more like systematical to the season.  Note-- Harvest Mix disappeared from shelves for a number of years, but has happily been restored, under the less festive name of "Assorted Mellowcreme".  I think it's the best Candy Corn derivative, and signals Halloween the way Peeps signal Easter.

Degrading a veritable candy cornucopia of delightful, nutrition free taste sensations by calling it "Assorted Mellocreme" is an inexcusable crime against nature and humanity. Whoever approved that idiotic name deserves to be flogged, because that makes it sound like a product for soothing extreme butt hurt.

trostol

i think i got nauseous just looking at those 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: mikuthing01 on September 29, 2016, 11:31:21 PM
Strawberry Pocky

You're a Japan freak. Have you ever tried any of the many weird and wonderful flavors of Kit Kat bars that you can only get there?

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/worlds-weirdest-kit-kat-candy-bars/

K_Dubb

Agreed.  I hoard the maple wheat sheaves and leave the dark things that look like turds for someone else.

The pumpkins are perfect for reenacting this scene:

K_Dubb

Some ads from the '50s and '60s suggest the disappointingly pedestrian name may at least have some history behind it.  This Harvest Mix is nearly unrecognizable:

While this looks more familiar.  I do seem to remember those giant corn kernels, too:

Vegan whole wheat pumpkin pie pancakes! DYIN` for some of these babies!

Quote from: trostol on September 30, 2016, 02:11:03 AM
i think i got nauseous just looking at those

Me too. Even as a kid I couldn't stand these or candy corn. Yuck!

Quote from: Catsmile on September 30, 2016, 04:20:20 PM

What the hell is this mystery food? The reddish stuff looks like kimchi which I really like.

Is the green stuff seaweed? I usually like it but not sure if I'd like it in those sheets. Maybe.

ItsOver

That reminds me.  Bobo still owes me Ruffles, damn it.

bateman

I've eaten a bag of these over the course of a week.

bateman

Beef and stout pie from this little hole in the wall in Galway.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-pie-maker-galway

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 30, 2016, 07:04:53 PM
Nasty as you wanna be...............

but do you really like it or is it just a joke?

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 30, 2016, 07:06:35 PM
That was of the market forever and it's for sale again, right?

I've heard rumors but haven't seen it in my area.  Have thought of resorting to ebay.   :-\

ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on September 30, 2016, 07:05:24 PM

:o  I forgot about that.  Wow.  It's been years.  Is it still a thing?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 30, 2016, 07:05:53 PM
but do you really like it or is it just a joke?

Saw it at the Food Lion the other day.   I didn't have the stones to buy Pizza Soup.

It can't be as horrid as it sounds, can it?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on September 30, 2016, 07:07:26 PM
I've heard rumors but haven't seen it in my area.  Have thought of resorting to ebay.   :-\

Yeah, I haven't seen it anywhere either. I was a huge cereal fan as a kid (still am) rivaling Seinfeld himself but I've never tried Quisp. I don't know if it was already off the market by the time I was in prime cereal eating age or if I was just never that interested in it. I would often go for the cereal that came with the coolest toy, which is something they don't even do anymore. That's kinda sad but maybe it was seen as unfair enticement toward sugar or something. I noticed they've reformulated a lot of the cereals now that used to have off the charts levels of sugar in them to have less and more whole grain fiber. What did you like about Quisp? What does it taste like?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 30, 2016, 07:09:50 PM
Saw it at the Food Lion the other day.   I didn't have the stones to buy Pizza Soup.

It can't be as horrid as it sounds, can it?

Probably.  :-\