• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

True Confessions Of BellGab

Started by Jackstar, September 22, 2016, 01:21:25 PM

whoozit

I’m guessing reubenesque.  Misspelling intentional.

albrecht

Quote from: whoozit on May 10, 2019, 06:32:14 PM
What is Uri’s Favorite flavor of ice cream?

Pistachio. I think.

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 10, 2019, 06:59:33 PM
She wont let you near her nuclear codes fam

b-but im the SUPREME gentleman!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on May 10, 2019, 06:34:52 PM
Life is short; eat dessert.  I am not that fat.  Keeping excess junk food out of hands' reach once in a while is not a freaky ritual. 

You should be happy for me that I'm not living with those people who had a 24/7 dessert buffet going year 'round.  Yes, I DID discard my allotments there more regularly, but that was because THEY were bald-faced junk food "pushers". 

Food habits are more normal where I live now.  In a year, I've only had to toss excess junk food 3 times.  It's important to be satisfied, and satisfied with your life.  Especially during aging - that is a prime need in old people.  It is our duty to make ourselves happy within reasons and within our constraints.  Anything less is mental illness.  Satisfaction is important, because not everyone can just be self-satisfied like George Noory.  Sometimes in order to be satisfied, I need to purchase an assortment.  But I don't need it all to remain on hand afterward.

You'd probably hate my gluten-free food habits.  Skimming the top of pizza.  But, I have no choice or I'd get very, very sick in multiple ways including sores in my mouth if I didn't avoid the crust.  I am an expert pizza topping skimmer, and I put the toppings over rice.  Yum.  Who gives a crap where the white dough ends up?  Sometimes birds get it, sometimes the landfill gets it.  The stuff is usually not cooked well enough through anyhow.  It is non-nutritive simple carbs, and poison for Celiacs like me.

Don't be so uptight.

Moi?!

paladin1991

Quote from: whoozit on May 10, 2019, 06:32:14 PM
What is Uri’s Favorite flavor of ice cream?
Gefilte Fish.

I think midgets should be separated from the rest of society and kept in isolated villages, kind of like Smurfs. If I have to pay a few cents extra tax every year to fund it fine, just get em out.

Jojo

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on May 11, 2019, 02:34:40 AM
I think midgets should be separated from the rest of society and kept in isolated villages, kind of like Smurfs. If I have to pay a few cents extra tax every year to fund it fine, just get em out.
OMGoodness.  Now that's a confession.

For over a year, I had to bang a hammer on my sellenoid under the vehicle in order to start it.  Almost every time.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 14 on May 10, 2019, 05:01:11 PM
WOULD YOU SAY THAT TO AN ALCOHOLIC WHO POURED A DRINK DOWN THE DRAIN?

Ice cream is to an obese person what alcohol is to an alcoholic.  I suppose you'd rather I ate the ice cream and got so fat I couldn't walk.  This is no mere "battle of the bulge", as you say, Mr. SpendiVanilla.  This is a PCOS fight for my quality and length of life.  My job requires me to bear a lot of weight and I won't be able to work if I don't get some pounds off.  No one is going to pay for my housing if I can't work.  Disability would just say I could do office work, & God knows I can.  But there isn't any right now so back off.  I had to wear a brace last month and now I'm in physical therapy.  If I can take off pounds, then transferring patients from beds to chairs won't disable me.  I happen to like walking, okay, so attitudes like yours would get in my way.

Discarding unwanted temptations is not a ritual, Doctor MDtoiletpaper.  It's not a waste.  What is a waste is eating it.  My body is not a garbage can.  The last thing either my housemate or I need in the house are entire quarts of ice cream.

It was $1.99.  Can you imagine 2 quarts for less than the ordinary cost of a pint?  It was too much in the house at once.  After 3 binges, I declared no more.  I wouldn't have gotten both if they hadn't been on sale.  The purchase was a bad decision.  It would have been better to pay for separate pints, not quarts, even though it would have cost more.  This won't happen again.  Some lessons are learned in hard ways.

I had made a bad decision when purchasing 2 quarts.  Two quarts is an absurd amount of ice cream.  I lamented my decision.  I asked myself what I could do to fix the bad decision.  Decisions represent who we are, what our core values are.  I decided that I was not going to let the expenditure of $1.99 be a rationalization for maintaining my obesity.  Although the second quart did look good, and after I melted it I noticed the butter pecan actually had a carmel ripple which had melted on the bottom.  I didn't know butter pecan had ripples, hmmm.  I'm lucky I remained relatively unscathed while disposing of it.  My fight against obesity is a fight for life.  I work in health care and I have seen first hand time and again, year after year, that the seniors who have good quality of life are NOT packing very many extra pounds.  Getting this weight off is a war.  A war for my occupation, my mobility, my ability to earn income, and my health.  Not to mention looking & feeling cuter (if that were possible) & more energetic.  All is fair in war.

Don't stuff it through your face all at once, exercise a little self control. Give it to someone else if you don't want it. Throwing food away is obscene. Unless it's gone off I don't think there's any excuse for throwing food away. Especially for someone like you who always complains they're broke.

Why not just give the ice cream away to a roomie or co-worker?

ItsOver

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on May 11, 2019, 11:21:35 AM
Think of all the little kids who would have loved an ice cream cone.  Oh, the shame.

Jackstar

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on May 11, 2019, 11:21:35 AM

Vengeance is a dish best served cold.

whoozit

I bought a 55 gallon drum of ice cream and ate the whole damn thing.  I wish I had nuked it and poured it down the sink instead. :'(

Jojo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 11, 2019, 04:36:17 AM
Don't stuff it through your face all at once, exercise a little self control. Give it to someone else if you don't want it. Throwing food away is obscene. Unless it's gone off I don't think there's any excuse for throwing food away. Especially for someone like you who always complains they're broke.
My first corporate supervisor, a wonderful woman in sales, once told me a very truthful adage:
Everyone has discretionary income.  $1.99 for ice cream a few times a year is not the reason I lack work.  Although being thinner might help me in interviews.

No one here and none of these well-to-do neighbors would want my partly-open leftover quart of ice cream.  They would ridicule the quaint eccentricity of such a knock on their door.  In today's world, do we really take food from near-strangers?  If the ice cream turned out to be contaminated, would I be criminally liable?

Transportation is at least .50 per mile.  The nearest homeless people are at least a couple miles away, and they are not always congregated and there is no freezer.  The shelter is 5 miles away and I doubt they would take an opened container which had been sampled.  Surely you don't suggest I pay mileage to donate it?  I wouldn't be passing by that way for at least another week.

I would encourage you to reconsider.  Perhaps you don't have addictions or compulsions.  Frankly, I will always be untrustworthy around alcohol, ice cream, chocolate, and spare change laying around common spaces in my dwelling.  Are there any things you would have difficulty resisting day in and day out?

Perhaps you had good meals & snacks as a minor.  I think when a well is watered, it doesn't crack.  My well wasn't watered, so maybe it cracked.  For many years, breakfast was mustard out of the container, or sneaking into the vitamins (or whatever we could reach standing on the counter unsupervised).  There was a hospital trip related to that, but the nurse did not perceive neglect.  Lunch was non-existent, until I was old enough to make my school lunches, which were small & cumbersome.  Since my parents wouldn't buy a thermos or juice or milk, I talked the school vendor into letting me have free milk for a while, but that gravy train ended.  I asked my parents to pay for it (.25/day in 1970s) but they said no to school lunch milk.  All home products were non-fat/skim.  If we had dinner, it was a can of beans shared by 5 people, some meat & starch, but never enough and if you took the last piece, Mom hated you forever because it was seen as a sign of greed.  If dinner wasn't made, we children would share a can of soup.  I remember being amazed when I grew up, that in all my life I had never seen my mom open more than one can for any meal preparation.  She always made one can suffice, whether 3 people or 5 people ate from it.  Weird.

I do credit my parents with usually staple ingredients on hand.  And holidays and some Sundays with Dad's cooking were great.

But generally, if Mom didn't like a food, nobody got it.  Period.  Ever.  I think I went 18 years without a banana.  She was always on a weight-loss fad diet.

WE WERE NOT POOR AT ALL.  Mom was ascetic for some reason, and Dad didn't know any better, because he grew up almost destitute.  Despite this deprivation, my weight nonetheless tended to rise.  To manage it, I went on 24-36 hour water fasts about 10 times per year.  Fasting was alright.  But after an injury to my pancreas as an adult, fasting is risky.

Don't feel sorry for me.  I had a great childhood.  First boyfriend at 5 years old, little hottie name Gary.  Stars of the show in pre-school and kindergarten.  Then a cascade of Brownies, tumbling, summer camps, camping, hiking, Campfire girls, ballet, tap, piano, cross country skiing, gymnastics, volleyball, track, community theater, drama, academic excellence, foreign exchange students, foreign exchange...  and a few years before they divorced Dad took control and started being Mr. Mom in addition to working FT so he started stocking fruit juice and ramen for snacking.

At this point, after 50 years of PCOS, having excess junk food on hand is far more obscene than discarding it.

As far as not "stuffing" it, ice cream is a difficult item to lock up.  Housemate would not want a safe in freezer.  Other junk I can put out of arm's reach, but the freezer is what it is - at eye level and arm's length.

AZZERAE

Jojo

This is unbelievable.  As I sit here, she is gleaning the cupboards to donate to the post office pick-up food bank seasonal donation program.  Tuna, peanut butter, and a whole brown bag of perfect food is going out the door.  Holy cow.  The bag is so heavy she can hardly lift it.  Some of it is mine.  I dare not say much.  I rescued one bottle of teriyaki sauce just now.

This woman is insane.

For three weeks I've been rationing food, getting no work hours, and not receiving any assistance.  She knows this.  Anything she donates is likely to come right back in via my trips to the food bank.  I don't like going to the food bank.  It's not fun and frankly it's physically grueling and puts my back out.  And now she's cycling stuff out so I have to make more trips.  She is cussing because the bag is so heavy she hurt herself.

Oops, there goes one of my microwave popcorns.  She said I should donate it to show gratitude.  Please pray for me.

The bag is going out the door.  I think she wants to impress the neighbors or make this condo association look good.  I said, "You don't have to do this.  You left the Catholic church a long time ago.  We need the food."  She said she's just being a good human being.  A good human being would buy me groceries right now.  (But don't worry - I did apply for welfare & it is being finalized next week.)

How immoral would it be of me to raid it tonight?  I'd have to hide the food.  Oh, I guess the postal employee picks it up in an hours.  I can't believe she is doing this.  Ironic, given the recent topic.  And she questions why I leave food in the car.  Just like Dad - he always had a secret stash in the car.  Chocolate, sardines, etc... And he was not overweight in those years.

Deep breath.  It is good to support the food bank.  She said, "The more you give, the more you get."  Do you think that's true?  I've tried that and the results have been 50-50.  I don't think God or fate or karma is a vending machine.  I think things are more reasonable and intricate than quid pro quo.  I think people should give from their surplus.  I think giving to the point of sacrifice is okay when you are in your prime, healthy years.  But babies, the fragile elderly and people with blood sugar/dietary issues should not sacrifice to the point of jeopardizing their health.

Jojo

Quote from: whoozit on May 11, 2019, 02:33:06 PM
I bought a 55 gallon drum of ice cream and ate the whole damn thing.  I wish I had nuked it and poured it down the sink instead. :'(
You're silly.

Jojo

Quote from: Azzerae on May 11, 2019, 02:44:03 PM
I fucking hate ice cream.
What do you think about Blizzards?  I discovered them late in 2016 - what a neat invention.

14, you should start your own YouTube channel and post videos of your rants. you're gonna be a STARRR! plus brig will make you your* very own thread.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 11, 2019, 04:11:11 PM
14, you should start your own YouTube channel and post videos of your rants. you're gonna be a STARRR! plus brig will make you you're very own thread.

That isn't the worst idea you've ever had.

Jojo

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 11, 2019, 04:11:11 PM
14, you should start your own YouTube channel and post videos of your rants. you're gonna be a STARRR! plus brig will make you you're very own thread.
Well if I ever did, it wouldn't have any man's sillouette on it, that's for sure.  Has she said what field she worked in before retirement?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 14 on May 11, 2019, 04:21:37 PM
Well if I ever did, it wouldn't have any man's sillouette on it, that's for sure.  Has she said what field she worked in before retirement?

brig mainly worked in cocaine trafficking, while running a boutique assassination business on the side.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 11, 2019, 04:21:01 PM
That isn't the worst idea you've ever had.

thank yew!

[attachment=1]

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 11, 2019, 04:28:48 PM
brig mainly worked in cocaine trafficking, while running a boutique assassination business on the side.

That all folded up when Tom Cruise happened along and bought up the rights from her to make it into documentaries; The rest is history.