• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

True Confessions Of BellGab

Started by Jackstar, September 22, 2016, 01:21:25 PM

BellHop

Here's my confession:
Jimmy Church used to have a caller on Fade to Black who claimed to be the ghost of John Lennon. That was me. I was the ghost of John Lennon for many occasions. I did it out of boredom.

Jojo

Quote from: BellHop on May 05, 2019, 03:41:56 AM
Here's my confession:
Jimmy Church used to have a caller on Fade to Black who claimed to be the ghost of John Lennon. That was me. I was the ghost of John Lennon for many occasions. I did it out of boredom.
Lol.

I can eat an avocado with no utensils and leave no mess while driving...

Kidnostad3

I once ate a whole half gallon of ice cream while standing in the kitchen amongst a bunch of unemptied grocery bags and watching the wall clock.  Yeah, I know. 

Quote from: BellHop on May 05, 2019, 03:41:56 AM
Here's my confession:

LOL

Jojo

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 06, 2019, 01:08:49 PM
I once ate a whole half gallon of ice cream while standing in the kitchen amongst a bunch of unemptied grocery bags and watching the wall clock.  Yeah, I know.
You know what they say about shopping when you're hungry...  At least you were shoes - when my housemate does this, she does it barefoot & then complains later that her heels always hurt, lol.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 06, 2019, 01:08:49 PM

#sad

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 14 on May 06, 2019, 02:13:31 PM
You know what they say about shopping when you're hungry... 

It's verrrrry true for me, but I'm terrible on both ends.  If I'm hungry while grocery shopping, the amounts of absurd shit I bring home would make even George Senda blush.  If I'm full when shopping, I walk right past countless items that I really do need to buy, thinking to myself, "I'll get that later.  What's the likelihood I'm going to need eggs? I don't feel like stopping and reaching."

Jojo

Quote from: Liberace! on May 07, 2019, 12:10:48 AM
It's verrrrry true for me, but I'm terrible on both ends.  If I'm hungry while grocery shopping, the amounts of absurd shit I bring home would make even George Senda blush.  If I'm full when shopping, I walk right past countless items that I really do need to buy, thinking to myself, "I'll get that later.  What's the likelihood I'm going to need eggs? I don't feel like stopping and reaching."
The list, or else  ;).

And it seems like some products are only available at some stores, so I try to stock up on 3 or 4 of those since it's the only reason I went in that store.

The Alcoholic

One time I beat off to my own ass.

Jojo

One time I discreetly took off my panties because they kept falling down. I pushed them deep into a home owner's bush right by the sidewalk because I was too young to know to put them in my bra.

paladin1991

Quote from: 14 on February 04, 2019, 12:50:53 AM
If he really was a dyke and I really was 25 again, it wouldn't bother me!
Then you would do to me what you would do to a cupcake.  mmmmmmm

paladin1991

Quote from: The Alcoholic on May 08, 2019, 12:17:24 AM
One time I beat off to my own ass.
One time, I beat off on your ass.

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 09, 2019, 09:55:37 PM
  Then you would do to me what you would do to a cupcake.  mmmmmmm
Lol.

Jojo

I melted a quart of ice cream in the microwave and discarded it down the sink today so I wouldn't eat too much dessert this week.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on May 09, 2019, 11:25:14 PM
I melted a quart of ice cream in the microwave and discarded it down the sink today so I wouldn't eat too much dessert this week.

You and your food wasting rituals. ::)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 14 on May 09, 2019, 11:25:14 PM

What an unbelievably vile/mad thing to do. Don't spend the money on it in the first place if you're not going to use it.

Jojo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 10, 2019, 01:16:10 AM
What an unbelievably vile/mad thing to do. Don't spend the money on it in the first place if you're not going to use it.
Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 10, 2019, 12:40:53 AM
You and your food wasting rituals. ::)
WOULD YOU SAY THAT TO AN ALCOHOLIC WHO POURED A DRINK DOWN THE DRAIN?

Ice cream is to an obese person what alcohol is to an alcoholic.  I suppose you'd rather I ate the ice cream and got so fat I couldn't walk.  This is no mere "battle of the bulge", as you say, Mr. SpendiVanilla.  This is a PCOS fight for my quality and length of life.  My job requires me to bear a lot of weight and I won't be able to work if I don't get some pounds off.  No one is going to pay for my housing if I can't work.  Disability would just say I could do office work, & God knows I can.  But there isn't any right now so back off.  I had to wear a brace last month and now I'm in physical therapy.  If I can take off pounds, then transferring patients from beds to chairs won't disable me.  I happen to like walking, okay, so attitudes like yours would get in my way.

Discarding unwanted temptations is not a ritual, Doctor MDtoiletpaper.  It's not a waste.  What is a waste is eating it.  My body is not a garbage can.  The last thing either my housemate or I need in the house are entire quarts of ice cream.

It was $1.99.  Can you imagine 2 quarts for less than the ordinary cost of a pint?  It was too much in the house at once.  After 3 binges, I declared no more.  I wouldn't have gotten both if they hadn't been on sale.  The purchase was a bad decision.  It would have been better to pay for separate pints, not quarts, even though it would have cost more.  This won't happen again.  Some lessons are learned in hard ways.

I had made a bad decision when purchasing 2 quarts.  Two quarts is an absurd amount of ice cream.  I lamented my decision.  I asked myself what I could do to fix the bad decision.  Decisions represent who we are, what our core values are.  I decided that I was not going to let the expenditure of $1.99 be a rationalization for maintaining my obesity.  Although the second quart did look good, and after I melted it I noticed the butter pecan actually had a carmel ripple which had melted on the bottom.  I didn't know butter pecan had ripples, hmmm.  I'm lucky I remained relatively unscathed while disposing of it.  My fight against obesity is a fight for life.  I work in health care and I have seen first hand time and again, year after year, that the seniors who have good quality of life are NOT packing very many extra pounds.  Getting this weight off is a war.  A war for my occupation, my mobility, my ability to earn income, and my health.  Not to mention looking & feeling cuter (if that were possible) & more energetic.  All is fair in war.

albrecht

Quote from: 14 on May 10, 2019, 05:01:11 PM

Ice cream is to an obese person what alcohol is to an alcoholic.  I suppose you'd rather I ate the ice cream and got so fat I couldn't walk.  This is no mere "battle of the bulge", as you say, Mr. SpendiVanilla.  This is a PCOS fight for my quality and length of life.  My job requires me to bear a lot of weight and I won't be able to work if I don't get some pounds off.  No one is going to pay for my housing if I can't work.  Disability would just say I could do office work, & God knows I can.  But there isn't any right now so back off.  I had to wear a brace last month and now I'm in physical therapy.  If I can take off pounds, then transferring patients from beds to chairs won't disable me.  I happen to like walking, okay, so attitudes like yours would get in my way.

Discarding unwanted temptations is not a ritual, Doctor MDtoiletpaper.  It's not a waste.  What is a waste is eating it.  My body is not a garbage can.  The last thing either my housemate or I need in the house are entire quarts of ice cream.

It was $1.99.  Can you imagine 2 quarts for less than the ordinary cost of a pint?  It was too much in the house at once.  After 3 binges, I declared no more.  I wouldn't have gotten both if they hadn't been on sale.  The purchase was a bad decision.  It would have been better to pay for separate pints, not quarts, even though it would have cost more.  This won't happen again.  Some lessons are learned in hard ways.

I had made a bad decision when purchasing 2 quarts.  Two quarts is an absurd amount of ice cream.  I lamented my decision.  I asked myself what I could do to fix the bad decision.  Decisions represent who we are, what our core values are.  I decided that I was not going to let the expenditure of $1.99 be a rationalization for maintaining my obesity.  Although the second quart did look good, and after I melted it I noticed the butter pecan actually had a carmel ripple which had melted on the bottom.  I didn't know butter pecan had ripples, hmmm.  I'm lucky I remained relatively unscathed while disposing of it.  My fight against obesity is a fight for life.  I work in health care and I have seen first hand time and again, year after year, that the seniors who have good quality of life are NOT packing very many extra pounds.  Getting this weight off is a war.  A war for my occupation, my mobility, my ability to earn income, and my health.  Not to mention looking & feeling cuter (if that were possible) & more energetic.  All is fair in war.

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=10230.msg976645#msg976645 

Jojo

An ethical quandry:  If you only have room in your camping cooler for one pint of ice cream, but a quart is cheaper, should you buy the quart and transfer the usable contents to a cooler container while throwing away the rest?  Or, should you pay more than twice as much for just a pint?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on May 10, 2019, 05:16:51 PM
An ethical quandry:  If you only have room in your camping cooler for one pint of ice cream, but a quart is cheaper, should you buy the quart and transfer the usable contents to a cooler container while throwing away the rest?  Or, should you pay more than twice as much for just a pint?

Just don’t buy any at all. You don’t deserve it because you’re too fat and you’re only going to waste it in one of your freaky rituals.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2019, 05:12:14 PM
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=10230.msg976645#msg976645
Yes, that was a good story.  I remember laughing when I read it.

Do you suppose there were 4 people tucked in there, all going to a scenic outlook to enjoy a pint each?  That's what I imagine.

At least the fat slows down the digestion of the sugar, there is calcium and protein.  And, Haagen-Dazs has cane sugar, which actually should (depending on the flavor) contain Vit A, chromium, potassium, magnesium & calcium, too.

I wish food stamps would cover nutritional yeast, lecithin, dandelion root, pure aloe vera, etc...  Those things are far more like "food" than ice cream, food coloring, cake decorations, artificial flavor, etc... 

What she did might have been allowed, since food stamp recipients can share food on special occasions.  If it was a special occasion, and if her friends also were putting forth food to share.  On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to report suspected fraud.  It's easy to Google.  The date and time, the license plate, vehicle make, model and color, the name and address of the store and a description of the purchaser as well as her friends.  Her friends are not allowed to reimburse her for the pints - that would resemble selling food stamps, which is illegal.  However, people do have special occasions from time to time and at least in Washington state, it is okay to share food with others on special occasions.  So, hopefully her friends were sharing some food in the vehicle, too.

ItsOver

Quote from: 14 on May 10, 2019, 05:01:11 PM

"The Evil of Ice Cream - My Struggle"

whoozit

^^^^Thanks for making my evening^^^^

I’ll steer clear of the frozen death.

Quote from: 14 on May 10, 2019, 05:34:01 PM
Yes, that was a good story.  I remember laughing when I read it.

Do you suppose there were 4 people tucked in there, all going to a scenic outlook to enjoy a pint each?  That's what I imagine.

At least the fat slows down the digestion of the sugar, there is calcium and protein.  And, Haagen-Dazs has cane sugar, which actually should (depending on the flavor) contain Vit A, chromium, potassium, magnesium & calcium, too.

I wish food stamps would cover nutritional yeast, lecithin, dandelion root, pure aloe vera, etc...  Those things are far more like "food" than ice cream, food coloring, cake decorations, artificial flavor, etc... 

What she did might have been allowed, since food stamp recipients can share food on special occasions.  If it was a special occasion, and if her friends also were putting forth food to share.  On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to report suspected fraud.  It's easy to Google.  The date and time, the license plate, vehicle make, model and color, the name and address of the store and a description of the purchaser as well as her friends.  Her friends are not allowed to reimburse her for the pints - that would resemble selling food stamps, which is illegal.  However, people do have special occasions from time to time and at least in Washington state, it is okay to share food with others on special occasions.  So, hopefully her friends were sharing some food in the vehicle, too.

https://twitter.com/TheeArtVandelay/status/1127003527530729472

whoozit

The spoon does not lift itself...

albrecht

Quote from: whoozit on May 10, 2019, 06:18:30 PM
The spoon does not lift itself...
Uri Geller might have a few problems with your claim.

whoozit

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2019, 06:26:29 PM
Uri Geller might have a few problems with your claim.
What is Uri’s Favorite flavor of ice cream?

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 10, 2019, 05:19:10 PM
Just don’t buy any at all. You don’t deserve it because you’re too fat and you’re only going to waste it in one of your freaky rituals.
Life is short; eat dessert.  I am not that fat.  Keeping excess junk food out of hands' reach once in a while is not a freaky ritual. 

You should be happy for me that I'm not living with those people who had a 24/7 dessert buffet going year 'round.  Yes, I DID discard my allotments there more regularly, but that was because THEY were bald-faced junk food "pushers". 

Food habits are more normal where I live now.  In a year, I've only had to toss excess junk food 3 times.  It's important to be satisfied, and satisfied with your life.  Especially during aging - that is a prime need in old people.  It is our duty to make ourselves happy within reasons and within our constraints.  Anything less is mental illness.  Satisfaction is important, because not everyone can just be self-satisfied like George Noory.  Sometimes in order to be satisfied, I need to purchase an assortment.  But I don't need it all to remain on hand afterward.

You'd probably hate my gluten-free food habits.  Skimming the top of pizza.  But, I have no choice or I'd get very, very sick in multiple ways including sores in my mouth if I didn't avoid the crust.  I am an expert pizza topping skimmer, and I put the toppings over rice.  Yum.  Who gives a crap where the white dough ends up?  Sometimes birds get it, sometimes the landfill gets it.  The stuff is usually not cooked well enough through anyhow.  It is non-nutritive simple carbs, and poison for Celiacs like me.

Don't be so uptight.