• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

ISIS shot Mustard Gas at American Base in Iraq

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 21, 2016, 03:48:21 PM

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/isis-reportedly-behind-mustard-gas-attack-on-u-s-iraqi-troops/

QuoteCNN is reporting this afternoon on an apparent chemical attack carried out by ISIS against American and Iraqi troops.

CNN Pentagon correspondent Barbara Starr reported that no U.S. troops were hurt by the attack, which occurred on Tuesday, though some had to go through a decontamination process.

The shell landed in the air base in the Mosul district, and tests “came back positive for mustard agent,” Starr said.

Jackstar

Oh snap! There's that red line being crossed again.

Obama doesn't care one whit. I expect no change in policy to come out of it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on September 21, 2016, 03:49:54 PM
Oh snap! There's that red line being crossed again.

It's convenient to Hillary and the current administration...which makes me doubt it.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1kW2yYXEeQ

Uncle Duke

Read a really good article on the use of gas in WWI just a week or so ago.  Mustard gas is a blistering agent, if deployed properly in the right weather conditions, it can be deadly to improperly trained/equipped troops.  The US military has spent billions on chem defense gear for it forces, but I don't know if it's routinely issued in Iraq.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 21, 2016, 04:19:48 PM
Read a really good article on the use of gas in WWI just a week or so ago.  Mustard gas is a blistering agent, if deployed properly in the right weather conditions, it can be deadly to improperly trained/equipped troops.  The US military has spent billions on chem defense gear for it forces, but I don't know if it's routinely issued in Iraq.

They just said on the news that they have the suits and were using them but really didn't elaborate. Hopefully, everyone who would be affected was protected and done so properly.

What really gets me is that we paid for those cans by way of our dumbass president. January 20th can't come soon enough!

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 21, 2016, 04:19:48 PM

Yeah, truthfully this isn't that big of a story. However the fact that ISIS is now deploying chemical weapons against Americans is a significant new level. Also, I've been on a WW1 kick all year since Dan Carlin's series on it came out, so the Mustard Gas headline got my attention.

norland2424

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 21, 2016, 04:44:21 PM
Yeah, truthfully this isn't that big of a story. However the fact that ISIS is now deploying chemical weapons against Americans is a significant new level. Also, I've been on a WW1 kick all year since Dan Carlin's series on it came out, so the Mustard Gas headline got my attention.

Just be glad they used mustard gas and not sarin...

Juan

It's an obvious lie.  There are no WMDs in Iraq.

I don't know what the problem is. They're just returning our property.  ;D

Quote from: norland2424 on September 21, 2016, 04:49:49 PM

I wonder why they chose Mustard Gas? Probably because it's easy to make?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 21, 2016, 04:54:26 PM

Has there been any independent, third party verification of this? You'll have to forgive me for being so tinfoil-hatted but I have trouble trusting a report from a network that is coming to be known more and more as the Clinton Network News, and for good reason.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 21, 2016, 05:01:25 PM
Has there been any independent, third party verification of this? You'll have to forgive me for being so tinfoil-hatted but I have trouble trusting a report from a network that is coming to be known more and more as the Clinton Network News, and for good reason.  ;)

I'm confused why you guys think this story benefits Clinton? She'd be my last pick in a war with wild jahoodis. I mean fuck, she's owned by jahoodis.

Yeah this was all over the news today. I just picked the first source I saw on Google News.

https://www.google.com/search?q=iraq+mustard+gas&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8u9yZyaHPAhUBKcAKHT6YCrUQsQQIJA&biw=1504&bih=701&dpr=0.9

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 21, 2016, 05:05:35 PM
I'm confused why you guys think this story benefits Clinton? She'd be my last pick in a war with wild jahoodis. I mean fuck, she's owned by jahoodis.

Yeah this was all over the news today. I just picked the first source I saw on Google News.

https://www.google.com/search?q=iraq+mustard+gas&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8u9yZyaHPAhUBKcAKHT6YCrUQsQQIJA&biw=1504&bih=701&dpr=0.9

I think you just answered your own question. The instability caused by their saber-rattlers can effect voter psychology, perhaps make them not want to rock the boat. This is what I'm thinking, anyway. I think it will backfire on her, like almost everything in this election has but they will still try. Creating fear and panic is really all they have left now, I suppose.

Most other news sources on this are just quoting CNN, BTW.  ;)

norland2424

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 21, 2016, 04:54:26 PM

That's what I assume, and overall this makes us look weak, it doesn't benefit either Clinton or trump

cweb

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 21, 2016, 05:05:35 PM
I'm confused why you guys think this story benefits Clinton?
Because now she can visit Iraq and the worst-smelling thing won't be her hoo-hah.

Hog

Quote from: norland2424 on September 21, 2016, 04:49:49 PM
It doesnt matter much what they use, either will cause you a very bad day.  The main effectiveness against a military base would be causing the occupants of such a base to don their WMD gear. You dont want to be in full MOPP gear in the desert. You dont wanna be in your Modern militaries have effective gear and drugs for both and many more types of chemical weapons.
And yes, MOPP gear is regular issues for Iraq and Aghanistan.  The we even used it in the 1st Gulf War.

peace
Hog

norland2424

Quote from: Hog on September 21, 2016, 09:39:50 PM
It doesnt matter much what they use, either will cause you a very bad day.  The main effectiveness against a military base would be causing the occupants of such a base to don their WMD gear. You dont want to be in full MOPP gear in the desert. You dont wanna be in your Modern militaries have effective gear and drugs for both and many more types of chemical weapons.
And yes, MOPP gear is regular issues for Iraq and Aghanistan.  The we even used it in the 1st Gulf War.

peace
Hog

Yup all im saying is there are far more dangerous chemicals then one shell of mustard gas.

The gas round was old and dilapidated. It posed absolutely zero danger. But, of course the brilliant ISIS muzzies had no clue. It speaks to their desperation. They`re getting their asses kicked on a daily basis.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 22, 2016, 09:51:04 AM
The gas round was old and dilapidated. It posed absolutely zero danger. But, of course the brilliant ISIS muzzies had no clue. It speaks to their desperation. They`re getting their asses kicked on a daily basis.

Mortar round?

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 22, 2016, 10:09:06 AM
Mortar round?

Affirmative. kept for a rainy day by some of Saddams people, who are now ISIS` people.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 22, 2016, 10:13:49 AM
Affirmative. kept for a rainy day by some of Saddams people, who are now ISIS` people.

I remember US forces found a small cache of buried mustard gas mortar rounds a year or so after Saddam was overthrown, but their discovery was not accepted by the media as proof of WMDs.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 22, 2016, 10:21:20 AM
I remember US forces found a small cache of buried mustard gas mortar rounds a year or so after Saddam was overthrown, but their discovery was not accepted by the media as proof of WMDs.

Reason being, they had exceeded their shelf-life. It`s quite probable the Iraqis had no clue that those munitions were essentially worthless, as we were probably the ones that sold them the stuff to counter the Iranian martyr brigade suicide attacks of the 80`s. I strongly suspect the round in question was part of that old stockpile.

Gas !   Gas !   Gas !

Err, not.

Hope i didn't trigger anyone.   ;)

Mustard gas hangs to the ground, get 30' (vertical rise) above the surrounding areas.

"Sulfur mustard (SM - not S&M), is a toxic, vesicant, blistering, alkylating, nucleophile, and a strong lipophilic chemical agent.

Mustard gas can penetrate ordinary or even leather clothing and thus, after a few minutes can reach the body tissues. Rubber sheath can, at least for a few hours, protect the body. Also this agent can penetrate ordinary and plastic masks

Preventive measures regarding exposure to mustard gas at various stages (before, during, and after chemical attacks) are important and related to presence or absence of predisposing factors. Predisposing factors for contamination with SM can include: high environmental temperature, lack of wind in the attacked area, being female and younger, white race (light complexion), stress, excessive sweating, oily skin, high PH of the skin, skin folds (This means you George.) and thin areas of the body, skin infections, previous dermatitis, duration of exposure, dose of the poison, wider contact with the poison, scratching and massage of the involved skin area "

Edit: This is why it worked so good in the trench warfare of WWI.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 22, 2016, 10:26:25 AM
Reason being, they had exceeded their shelf-life. It`s quite probable the Iraqis had no clue that those munitions were essentially worthless, as we were probably the ones that sold them the stuff to counter the Iranian martyr brigade suicide attacks of the 80`s. I strongly suspect the round in question was part of that old stockpile.

*laughs*  Sounds like you think the press understands the shelf/service life concept.  I don't give them that much credit.

Years ago I got a call from PA asking me to speak with a reporter who had some questions for a story he was writing on F-16 mishaps.  Most of his questions were pretty basic, and he seemed happy enough with my answers.  Then he asked, "Who is Apu?".   My first thought was to tell him the guy who runs the Quik-E-Mart, but I politely told him I didn't understand the question.  He said he'd seen the name "Apu" in several different documents dealing with F-16 mishaps, and wondered why he was connected to so many crashes. I asked him if he could read me one such document for context.  When he did, I laughed out loud (and got a dirty look from the PA lady) when I realized he was talking about the F-16 Auxiliary Power Unit (APU).  Sure enough, he associated the term with the Simpson's character and thought it referred to someone with the same name.  After we got that straightened out, he asked one last question, "Why is the F-16 known as the 'Lawn Dart'?".  I told him that sounded like a question for the nice Public Affairs lady.

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 22, 2016, 11:30:06 AM
(and got a dirty look from the PA lady)

Who did she think killed Kennedy? Never mind, give me her number--I'll tell her.

theONE

Quote from: cweb on September 21, 2016, 06:49:29 PM
Because now she can visit Iraq and the worst-smelling thing won't be her hoo-hah.

LOL

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 02, 2016, 04:58:09 PM
Marco

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/02/fighter-jets-blow-up-isis-hotel-pool-party-killing-67/

A little last minute bravado to let us know how tough on terrorism they are then it's back to using them here at home to steer domestic policy.  ::) :D