• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

My biggest fuck-up in life was...

Started by Philosopher, September 19, 2016, 08:55:17 PM

Philosopher

so, what was the biggest fuck-up in your life, and what did you do to fix it, if anything?

Mine?  10 years ago I met a beautiful woman and married her a month later.  Soon after, I discovered she was severely bipolar and borderline schizophrenic.  Completely barking mad.  I divorced her in under three months.  The whole episode cost me thousands of dollars and almost my sanity.

By the way, I bought her an $8000 engagement ring.

Jesus I was a fucking idiot. 

Big Chicken

Quote from: Philosopher on September 19, 2016, 08:55:17 PM
so, what was the biggest fuck-up in your life, and what did you do to fix it, if anything?

Mine?  10 years ago I met a beautiful woman and married her a month later.  Soon after, I discovered she was severely bipolar and borderline schizophrenic.  Completely barking mad.  I divorced her in under three months.  The whole episode cost me thousands of dollars and almost my sanity.

You needed this Matrix baby.   Learn it.   Know it.  Live it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU

I would've disappeared for 20 years.

-Art

Roswells, Art

Not an idiot, well maybe. Just a romantic. I wouldn't mind starting my life over again with what I know now. I don't have enough time left in my life to tell you every mistake I've made.

Philosopher

Quote from: Roswells, Art on September 19, 2016, 09:13:28 PM

Not an idiot, well maybe. Just a romantic. I wouldn't mind starting my life over again with what I know now.

The romance shit died quickly when she started breaking windows and kicking over the refrigerator while hearing voices in her head.

Anyone else have any stories?

akwilly

Quote from: Philosopher on September 19, 2016, 09:18:48 PM
The romance shit died quickly when she started breaking windows and kicking over the refrigerator while hearing voices in her head.

I was with a manic girl for a while it sucked. Surprisingly she was boring and predictable in the sack

Roswells, Art

Quote from: akwilly on September 19, 2016, 09:21:51 PM
I was with a manic girl for a while it sucked. Surprisingly she was boring and predictable in the sack

I think this is going to turn into a worst date ever thread. I'll just put mine in the Your Supernatural Experiences thread.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: akwilly on September 19, 2016, 09:21:51 PM

Looks like you ventured into the NoGo zone, my friend.  :D

zeebo

Grinding ridiculous hours for a string of dumbass soul-sucking startup companies in overpriced silicon valley.  I'd have been financially, physically, and spiritually better off just bumming around the hippie beach circuit all that time. 

Quote from: Philosopher on September 19, 2016, 09:18:48 PM

Voices?  Wow.   That is awful.   

I actually met Mrs. Walks_At_Night at the beginning of December, proposed on New Years Eve and we were married
the next July.  Probably way too quick, but with our 25th not all that far off, I guess it is gonna be ok.  You
rolled the bones and crapped out.   

Value Of Pi

Sorry to dwell on the subject, but I must ask, didn't she give off any troubling signs before you married her? A month is a long time for a psychotic or near-psychotic to act normal.

Philosopher

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 19, 2016, 09:48:49 PM
Sorry to dwell on the subject, but I must ask, didn't she give off any troubling signs before you married her? A month is a long time for a psychotic or near-psychotic to act normal.

Ahhh yes, the frequent question.  There were small signs that I was too smitten to see or understand. After the fact I found out she hated taking meds.  Apparently the meds went out the window when she got a sense I wanted to stay.  no meds = violent monster.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Philosopher on September 19, 2016, 10:10:33 PM
Ahhh yes, the frequent question.  There were small signs that I was too smitten to see or understand. After the fact I found out she hated taking meds.  Apparently the meds went out the window when she got a sense I wanted to stay.  no meds = violent monster.

Well, congratulations on surviving that nightmare. People actually miss much more glaring warning signs routinely, not that this fact will make you feel any better about things.

Typing 'George Noory Sucks' into Google..

Dateline

Thinking George Norry liked women with IQ's bigger than their breast size.  Oh well, tit for tat.

Piece of advice: the girls in the strip clubs don`t really like you, BUT if one does, she`s definitely bat-shit-nicole-kidman-hiding-in-the-bushes CRAZY.

NXOEED

Took my tooth out with a screw and an X-acto knife. That was almost 20 years ago. Ten years later, took another one out. Took out a third eight months ago by the train tracks while searching for magic rocks. All molars.

Never learned my lesson. Twenty years of pretty constant mouth pain. Still too stupid (and poor) to go to the dentist. I take them out in sections.

Quote from: NXOEED on September 22, 2016, 02:02:49 PM
Took my tooth out with a screw and an X-acto knife. That was almost 20 years ago. Ten years later, took another one out. Took out a third eight months ago by the train tracks while searching for magic rocks. All molars.

Never learned my lesson. Twenty years of pretty constant mouth pain. Still too stupid (and poor) to go to the dentist. I take them out in sections.

The situation will only get worse. You really need to go to the dentist. A lot of towns have low income dentist available.  You really need to look into resources in your area.

mikuthing01

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 22, 2016, 05:28:22 PM
The situation will only get worse. You really need to go to the dentist. A lot of towns have low income dentist available.  You really need to look into resources in your area.

^this get that shit fixed

Quote from: NXOEED on September 22, 2016, 02:02:49 PM

Use a pair of needle nose pliers next time.

3OctaveFart

Duct-taping a pair of glasses to my forehead and going to a UFO seminar.

NXOEED

Quote from: rekcuf on September 22, 2016, 05:33:33 PM
Use a pair of needle nose pliers next time.

I kind of did, with the first one. I widened the hole with an xacto knife, screwed the screw in until i felt the crack, then yanked the screw out with pliers. The tooth came out in halves, a few days apart. Part of the root stayed in for decades.

albrecht

Quote from: NXOEED on September 22, 2016, 09:11:46 PM
I kind of did, with the first one. I widened the hole with an xacto knife, screwed the screw in until i felt the crack, then yanked the screw out with pliers. The tooth came out in halves, a few days apart. Part of the root stayed in for decades.
Ugh. You got a high pain tolerance. I think I heard PSAs and local news, at least here even in Texas, there are occasionally dental programs for those without insurance or low income. Volunteer dentists etc and not a daily thing but at least twice a year. They wouldn't handle fancy or cosmetic stuff but basics like cleaning or removing infected/dead teeth etc. But hails out to you. That takes some stones (and the weird mirror effect thing trying to operate in an opposite fashion.)

akwilly

Quote from: NXOEED on September 22, 2016, 09:11:46 PM
what did you use to screw in the screw? a slanted drill or a tiny screw driver?

NXOEED

Quote from: albrecht on September 22, 2016, 09:15:41 PM
Ugh. You got a high pain tolerance. I think I heard PSAs and local news, at least here even in Texas, there are occasionally dental programs for those without insurance or low income. Volunteer dentists etc and not a daily thing but at least twice a year. They wouldn't handle fancy or cosmetic stuff but basics like cleaning or removing infected/dead teeth etc. But hails out to you. That takes some stones (and the weird mirror effect thing trying to operate in an opposite fashion.)

We have those here too. I've gotten used to just doing it myself. I can usually just stop the pain by draining the abscess. If i can't get to it, i go to an urgent care and get antibiotics. That happens two or three times a year. They keep telling me they're gonna stop giving 'em to me, but then they look inside my mouth and write me a prescription.

NXOEED

Quote from: akwilly on September 22, 2016, 09:16:49 PM
what did you use to screw in the screw? a slanted drill or a tiny screw driver?

Oh there was nothing tiny about it. I used a drywall screw and a phillips head. It didnt have to go in far.