• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

We are in a dark age of Art Bell

Started by henge0stone, September 19, 2016, 08:07:41 PM

henge0stone

Art Bell is gone, barely on bellgab (I think haven't looked in a while) and he's off the air for good, maybe even dying of cancer.

Pretty much all the best of Art Bell shows are on the archive. All of the somewhere in time shows they play that are new (well new as in not in the archive) are from 1996 and mainly about the 96 election. When I think of classic awesome art bell shows the 96 election and Bob Dole are the last on my list.

Quote from: henge0stone on September 19, 2016, 08:07:41 PM
Art Bell is gone, barely on bellgab (I think haven't looked in a while) and he's off the air for good, maybe even dying of cancer.

Indeed, truly the end of an era but all things come to an end and Art gave us years of great entertainment.
Sadly no one has been able to fill his shoes (definitely NOT Noory) but I will admit that I enjoy listening to John B Wells but he has a very different style and show from Art.

Farewell Art and thanks for the great memories !!

henge0stone

Quote from: coaster on September 27, 2016, 01:07:53 PM
where did you hear this?

I don't think it was cancer it was C.O.P.D. and he has a hole in his lung. I Thought that was a type of cancer but I guess it isn't. Either way its not great.

http://midnightinthedesert.com/art-bell-hospital-update/

I love Art Bell.

I should take over Coast to Coast instead of George Noory.

George Noory is not human. He is a bird-like reptilian shapeshifting Alpha Draconian. Alpha Draconians rule the world.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=kinninigan+alpha+draconians&t=ho&ia=videos

Since I'm the superhero, KEvolution, I have different hybrid forms. If I were a radio host, I would be the HybRadio host.

ARToloColon

Quote from: henge0stone on September 19, 2016, 08:07:41 PM
When I think of classic awesome art bell shows the 96 election and Bob Dole are the last on my list.

True, but there are some episodes that were almost entirely about Hillary (94-96ish) that sound downright eerie when heard today.

zeebo

Sometimes after I haven't listened to old shows for awhile, I'll spin one up, or catch it on Somewhere-in-Time ... and I'm reminded how friggin great it is.  Still miss ya Art.  Frig.

onan

Quote from: zeebo on October 15, 2016, 10:23:11 PM
Sometimes after I haven't listened to old shows for awhile, I'll spin one up, or catch it on Somewhere-in-Time ... and I'm reminded how friggin great it is.  Still miss ya Art.  Frig.
I think we miss the 90's, at least in regards to talk radio. I have said paranormal radio just needed an Art Bell to make it interesting, I was wrong. There may well be a topic or two that are still interesting, but overall, the subject is worn out. Add Google to the equation and the topic will only interest shut-ins that are addicted to the Home Shopping Network.

Art I remember your Coast to Coast as something brilliant, stay retired. Even you could'nt reinvigorate spooky radio.

zeebo

Quote from: onan on October 16, 2016, 10:34:39 AM
I think we miss the 90's, at least in regards to talk radio. I have said paranormal radio just needed an Art Bell to make it interesting, I was wrong. There may well be a topic or two that are still interesting, but overall, the subject is worn out....

Yep I have to agree on this.  It was a time before widespread high-speed internet, streaming podcasts, and the explosion of paranormal shows on cable tv.  Art really was the right voice at the right time.  Back then it was easier to suspend disbelief when there was a central charismatic source for these topics, and it wasn't so easy to research it oneself in real time. 

I guess this is a good thing in a way but I miss that time like you said.  I do find my tolerance for paranormal shows is way down and I tend to go for more down-to-earth podcasts like history or science, but I still try to keep a bit of the old "what if?" spirit that I remember feeling after a compelling Art show.  I still think there are kernels of truth to the areas he pioneered, but after all this time and the avalanche of coverage these days it's a lot harder to pique my interest.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on October 16, 2016, 01:43:59 PM
Yep I have to agree on this.  It was a time before widespread high-speed internet, streaming podcasts, and the explosion of paranormal shows on cable tv.  Art really was the right voice at the right time.  Back then it was easier to suspend disbelief when there was a central charismatic source for these topics, and it wasn't so easy to research it oneself in real time. 

I guess this is a good thing in a way but I miss that time like you said.  I do find my tolerance for paranormal shows is way down and I tend to go for more down-to-earth podcasts like history or science, but I still try to keep a bit of the old "what if?" spirit that I remember feeling after a compelling Art show.  I still think there are kernels of truth to the areas he pioneered, but after all this time and the avalanche of coverage these days it's a lot harder to pique my interest.
What is crazy is if you ignore the dates you can listen to old Art Bell shows from the 90s, especially the alarmist or political shows, and it is like they are discussing today: Muslim terrorism, homegrown "right-wing" terrorism, Clinton scandals, global warming and earth changes, potential gun grab laws, tragic mass shootings, racial division, immigration, war(s) in the Middle East, happenings in Russia, gay marriage, and so on. It is weird.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on October 16, 2016, 01:53:57 PM
What is crazy is if you ignore the dates you can listen to old Art Bell shows from the 90s, especially the alarmist or political shows, and it is like they are discussing today: Muslim terrorism, homegrown "right-wing" terrorism, Clinton scandals, global warming and earth changes, potential gun grab laws, tragic mass shootings, racial division, immigration, war(s) in the Middle East, happenings in Russia, gay marriage, and so on. It is weird.

You forgot Bigfoot.

henge0stone

Quote from: albrecht on October 16, 2016, 01:53:57 PM

that is interesting that nothing really seems to change. This is even more true in paranormal since there really aren't ever any breakthroughs. Listening to Long John Nebel from the 1950s about UFOs is no different than Art Bell in the 90s or any podcast today.

Chupacabra

Quote from: zeebo on October 16, 2016, 01:43:59 PM

I miss the 90s, period. And I miss the old Artbell shows where his voice was fast and the show was kept real. Now its a joke, I dont even listen anymore, last time I heard a live show was maybe 10 years ago. I ONLY listen to classic Artbell shows from 1994 to about 2002

I like this site, alot of classic archives,

http://sitarchive.com/

Use a firefox app to download the audio onto your computer

albrecht

Quote from: Chupacabra on November 03, 2016, 06:14:33 PM
I miss the 90s, period. And I miss the old Artbell shows where his voice was fast and the show was kept real. Now its a joke, I dont even listen anymore, last time I heard a live show was maybe 10 years ago. I ONLY listen to classic Artbell shows from 1994 to about 2002

I like this site, alot of classic archives,

Use a firefox app to download the audio onto your computer
Delete the link! iHateMedia, Inc have paralegals who go after Art Bell content since they claim to own it. If you trust someone PM them the link. That place is one of the only places where one can sometimes catch an old classic not in the ultimate torrent.

ninjashoes

John B Wells was the guy who came the closest imo

I don't see this show brought up much on here but The Higherside Chats by Greg Carlwood is excellent.

Not a bunch of hooplah, just a good interview by someone who is truly interested.

Quote from: ninjashoes on November 04, 2016, 10:35:07 PM
John B Wells was the guy who came the closest imo

I don't see this show brought up much on here but The Higherside Chats by Greg Carlwood is excellent.

Not a bunch of hooplah, just a good interview by someone who is truly interested.

I agree. I enjoy this show too, Greg really seems interested in the topics his guests are presenting.

George Carlin once wrote that bullshit is the glue that holds society together!

Our world is ruled by totalitarian unfettered capitalism that exploits the environment and humans for profit until collapse.

Captaism infects everything like a virus including RADIO!

I suggest turning off Coast to Coast, and reading anti-corporate books.

Read Chris Hedges' books!