• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Louisiana flood woes in 2016.....where's Obama?

Started by 21st Century Man, August 18, 2016, 10:50:24 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on August 19, 2016, 08:03:54 PM
Let's throw some facts on these flames:

Louisiana Governor Praises Federal Government Response To Flooding, Asks Obama Not To Come

The Advocate: After Massive Flooding In Louisiana, Governor Said That He “Would Just As Soon [Obama] Wait A Week Or Two” To Visit. The Advocate, Louisiana’s largest daily newspaper, reported that massive flooding in Louisiana “has sparked disaster declarations for 20 parishes” and resulted in 13 deaths and damage to 40,000 homes so far. Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards told reporters “he’s not concerned that President Barack Obama has not yet visited Louisiana and that a visit from the president “would be a drain on resources as the state still works to respond to the flood.” Edwards added, “I would just as soon [Obama] wait a week or two.” Edwards also said he is in “near daily communication with the White House” and that the administration had “shown that the flooding is a priority for the federal government.” From the August 18 article:

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards says he's not concerned that President Barack Obama has not yet visited Louisiana to see the flood crisis first-hand.

"I'm not complaining in any way about our federal partnership," Edwards said during a news conference on Thursday.

He said a visit from Obama, which would require heightened security and road closures, would be a drain on resources as the state still works to respond to the flood.

"Quite frankly, that's not something I want to go through right now," Edwards said. "I would just as soon he wait a week or two." [The Advocate, 8/18/16]

So is Obama going to listen to the governor and wait a week or two?  I bet not. He reacted and made plans for Tuesday.

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 19, 2016, 09:56:05 PM
So is Obama going to listen to the governor and wait a week or two?  I bet not. He reacted and made plans for Tuesday.

Meanwhile,  Hillary is getting her rejuvenation injections from her personal "Dr. Feelgood."

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 19, 2016, 09:47:52 PM
You are quite right. Even by the golfer in chief.

https://youtu.be/9X0lEbi2LHU

Thank you for posting that clip.  I imagine the only response you'll get from the two ladies is chirping crickets.

ItsOver

Ha!  "OK, OK, I'll drag my ass down there.  Geesh, it's hot and sticky down there and Hil needs to rest-up.  It's the weekend, damn it!"

Quote from: Empress on August 19, 2016, 12:37:49 AM
Aw my heart is touched. <3 Remember when you were banned for being a nazi?

It sucked. Luckily I was allowed back when it was found I was indeed not a nazi.

Now what can we do about this bed wetting liberal problem of yours?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Flood_of_1993

i was a busy busy bee in 1993 trekking across and up and down the state. people helping each other. peoples impromptu teaching people to help each other. people taking leadership roles. sure, there was government help... eventually. mostly as i drove, boated and air traveled across and up and down my state... the general attitude was.. "fuck it... we got this". didn't really need politicians coming around to have their picture taken... the local ones did us just fine.

when the SF Bay area finally liquefies into a huge salty sandy hole... who is the bitch that is gonna get slapped for that one for not showing up to the party?

only humans would politicize events like this on a ball headed to the Virgo Cluster at some 375 miles a second with no steering wheel or brakes.  ;D

Zetaspeak

Why is Trump passing out boxes of Play-doh? And the great media just filmed this obvious photo-op and replay it on a loop without actually seeing what's being passed out.

I always thought this site was smarter or at least jaded enough to see through an obvious PR stunt that most people eat up.. But I guess everybody "sells out" come election time. Trump was there for 20 minutes, played office Santa, and then left.

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on August 19, 2016, 10:46:52 PM

i was a busy busy bee in 1993 trekking across and up and down the state. people helping each other. peoples impromptu teaching people to help each other. people taking leadership roles. sure, there was government help... eventually. mostly as i drove, boated and air traveled across and up and down my state... the general attitude was.. "fuck it... we got this". didn't really need politicians coming around to have their picture taken... the local ones did us just fine.

when the SF Bay area finally liquefies into a huge salty sandy hole... who is the bitch that is gonna get slapped for that one for not showing up to the party?

only humans would politicize events like this on a ball headed to the Virgo Cluster at some 375 miles a second with no steering wheel or brakes.  ;D

I agree but when the media makes hay about it, what's a politician to do?  Barry and the media polticized shit like this when he was a senator.  If he can't take the same kind of heat, he should get out of the kitchen.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on August 19, 2016, 10:49:08 PM

Why is Trump passing out boxes of Play-doh? And the great media just filmed this obvious photo-op and replay it on a loop without actually seeing what's being passed out.

I always thought this site was smarter or at least jaded enough to see through an obvious PR stunt that most people eat up.. But I guess everybody "sells out" come election time. Trump was there for 20 minutes, played office Santa, and then left.

I'm not necessarily cheering on Trump for doing what he did today.  Yeah, it is a PR stunt.  The problem is the double standard.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on August 19, 2016, 10:46:52 PM

Remember this imbecile?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Scott_(criminal)

Quote from: Crash Folly on August 19, 2016, 10:14:01 PM
It sucked. Luckily I was allowed back when it was found I was indeed not a nazi.

Now what can we do about this bed wetting liberal problem of yours?

You really suck at shitposts and insults, nazi.

TigerLily

August 18 Governor says he had already requested the Prez to wait a week or two in earlier conversation. Let's make the request latest possible, Aug. 17. Obama is going there  Aug. 25.

How's your math rocket scientist? Please. There are more pleasant ways to make me crazy.

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 18, 2016, 10:50:24 AM
Another case of Obama fiddling while Rome burns

C'mon guys make up your mind. Sheesh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN1WwnEDWAM

Jackstar

Quote from: TigerLily on August 20, 2016, 01:16:18 PM
C'mon guys make up your mind.

I love how you're frontin' that you know what's going on in the world. It's adorable.

https://youtu.be/D1qDiF3n9L0

Quote from: TigerLily on August 20, 2016, 01:16:18 PM
Sheesh

I love how you're frontin' that you're a girl without periods... It's adorable.

Quote from: TigerLily on August 20, 2016, 01:21:21 PM
You wish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xobY1Wx6Kls

So, it's ok for Obama to give Bush hell for merely doing a flyover during Katrina but in the same instance, Obama had to be pressured to go to Louisiana.  LOL.  That is rather two-faced if you ask me, dear lady.

Oh and on more thing, you responded to my post and not GS's so I was right.  Chirping crickets is the response he is getting.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on August 20, 2016, 12:58:28 PM
August 18 Governor says he had already requested the Prez to wait a week or two in earlier conversation. Let's make the request latest possible, Aug. 17. Obama is going there  Aug. 25.

How's your math rocket scientist? Please. There are more pleasant ways to make me crazy.
?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDiaRZy0Ak

henge0stone

Can you imagine if a white republican president was on vacation during this disaster? We would never hear the end of it. It would be nothing but the white guy is celebrating the death of black people. Obama is a pretty minority elitist Neo-Liberal he is everything the media loves.

During Katrina, FEMA didn't know their ass from their elbow. Bush should have been there because he back-burnered an organization that should have been ready for a disaster.

This time around FEMA was ready.

Louisiana gov: Trump helped 'shine a spotlight' on flood recovery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KutTGMEIGg

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards (D) said Sunday that Donald Trump has helped draw attention to recovery efforts after the recent devastating floods in his state.

In an interview on CNN's "State of the Union," the governor downplayed critical remarks he made before the Republican presidential nominee visited his state.

"I didn't dismiss his trip as a photo-op. Before he came down, I said we welcome him here, we want him to be helpful," Edwards said. "And we hope that it doesn't turn into a mere photo-op."
Edwards said Trump's visit to the state was positive for Louisiana.

"Because it helped to shine a spotlight on Louisiana and on the dire situation that we have here, that it was helpful," he said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/292131-louisiana-gov-i-didnt-dismiss-trumps-visit-as-photo-opp

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 21, 2016, 01:40:15 PM
Just in case you missed this reminder.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0lEbi2LHU

Oh 21, sometimes you can be so naive. ;) He's talking about how incompetent FEMA was (the whole point of the video I posted). People needed help, FEMA wasn't there to help them and the leader of the country was doing absolutely nothing to help. The fly over was a joke due to everything else going on. The whole point is context.   It seems like it's hard for you to think critically about a situation because your heart is filled with so much hate for Obama. It makes me sad to see your Christian values tested so much. Step back and think critically about this and stop making it so political.

Because Obama hired competent people, who are able to do their jobs and manage disasters, he doesn't need to be there to oversee people doing their jobs and divert critical resources. Simple.  Brown was hilarious unqualified bozo and didn't know anything going on in New Orleans for days after Katrina hit as the video I linked shows. Bush was also clueless and telling Brown he was doing a heck of a job while not even knowing the Convention center existed for 5 days.

So yeah. If you think an event where between 1,245â€"1,836 people died is comparable to an event where 13 people died is comparable you really should step back and think about why. There is NOTHING comparable to Katrina, in part, due to the Obama administration's handling of the situation. But keep trying to score those meaningless echo chamber political points.

Jackstar

Quote from: Empress on August 21, 2016, 02:06:20 PM
sometimes you can be so naive. ;) ... But keep trying to score those meaningless echo chamber political points.