• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Heather Wade to appear on C2C on August 7 to give an update on Art

Started by Sarah, August 03, 2016, 02:01:07 AM

nathan

The fact that he didn't spend any extra time talking about Art really says a lot. I don't ever listen to Noory really, so I don't know how he's talked about Art on the show in the past, but he's got to understand that there are a LOT of carry-over listeners from Art's era that are very interested in how Art's doing, but have no access or interest in Facebook or Bellgab or even know what MITD is or was.

Quote from: WOTR on August 08, 2016, 04:10:31 PM
George won the minute that she decided to go on Coast.  Out of everything that occurred up to this point, I was hoping that MITD would succeed.  Finally I can say that I don't care.  If it gets flushed I suppose that one less sell-out show in this world will not matter.  It's funny- maybe it's because Amy does not represent Art's brand and his flagship show that I would not even bat an eye if she appeared on Coast for an entire segment- I would actually say "good for her."  But Amy did not spend half a decade attacking Coast and George... Amy does not represent Art's "brand." 

I still wish Art the best, but have to say well done, Mr. Noory.  Please stop in sometime to claim your crown- you earned it.

Agreed. I'm tired of Art repeatedly leading us on & jerking the chain of his fan base over the years.  During one of his serial retirements, he claims he only gave his endorsement to Noory because someone at the network asked him to, but then he personally hand picked Heather as his successor, who is possibly one of the only people more unqualified than Noory to host his show.  And he still dangles the carrot that maybe he will guest host sometime, yeah right. Screw that.  As mediocre and full of flaws as Noory is, I congratulate him on this occasion.  Well played.

Hog

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 08, 2016, 12:10:42 AM
Jeez, she didn't even get a solid plug out of it from Jorch. Just jeez.
"Of course Heather hosts Midnight in the Desert"

What else is he supposed to say?  I dont think George has to perform cunnilingus for Heather to be on his show.

peace
Hog

Quote from: Hog on August 08, 2016, 07:51:53 PM

What else is he supposed to say?  I dont think George has to perform cunnilingus for Heather to be on his show.

peace
Hog

That's what happens when a former phone sex operator is in charge...

Quote from: Azzerae on August 08, 2016, 06:15:28 AM
The go-between and the working stiff have a chinwag about the originators health status

Heathers poor hosting initially made me re-like Noory, but since they're both big buddies now I don't like either of them

Its back to Somewhere in Time for me

Fuck this noise

Same. All I listen to is old Art on U7 or torrent. I throw in a little Hoagie, Amy, Late Night in the Midlands, and Brainwaves here an there.

Robert

Quote from: WOTR on August 08, 2016, 04:10:31 PMGeorge won the minute that she decided to go on Coast.  Out of everything that occurred up to this point, I was hoping that MITD would succeed.  Finally I can say that I don't care.  If it gets flushed I suppose that one less sell-out show in this world will not matter.  It's funny- maybe it's because Amy does not represent Art's brand and his flagship show that I would not even bat an eye if she appeared on Coast for an entire segment- I would actually say "good for her."  But Amy did not spend half a decade attacking Coast and George... Amy does not represent Art's "brand." 

I still wish Art the best, but have to say well done, Mr. Noory.  Please stop in sometime to claim your crown- you earned it.

Couldn't you state that just as well when he has Whitley Streiber on?

"I dont think George has to perform cunnilingus for Heather to be on his show.

peace
Hog

Ewww.

"Wanna take a mustache ride?"

Robert

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 08, 2016, 06:51:32 PMI think it's a safe bet George has final approval who goes on the air with him.
Probably, but not because he has much in the way of clout.  They just don't want to blow up their show!

Robert

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on August 08, 2016, 07:51:46 PMDuring one of his serial retirements, he claims he only gave his endorsement to Noory because someone at the network asked him to, but then he personally hand picked Heather as his successor, who is possibly one of the only people more unqualified than Noory to host his show.
Please remind me if this has been argued about here before, but is this a fair description of what happened?  Do you think he had in mind having some real, feigned, or real-but-exaggerated emergency, then having her come in as "successor"?

Jackstar

Quote from: Robert on August 08, 2016, 09:21:08 PM
Please remind me if this has been argued about here before, but is this a fair description of what happened?

No. She's a soulless corporate gatekeeping shill, but still nowhere near the nadir of abhorrence that is personified by George "Fucko" Noory.

Although, to be fair, it's been so long since I listened to the latter, I don't know if he's come around yet on that Sandy Hook nonsense. In any event, they're both either a pair of shitbags, or they have guns to their mothers' heads... wait, sorry--what was your question?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Robert on August 08, 2016, 09:12:12 PM
Probably, but not because he has much in the way of clout.  They just don't want to blow up their show!

Right. Clout.  I'm sure many of us remember all the nefarious actions George was accused of perpetrating when Bell was having his share of technical problems early in MITD.  People actually accused George of sabotaging (or at least orchestrating the sabotage of) computer/server/network/electrical power systems that kept Bell off the air for a few nights.  So people believed he had the clout (and the balls) to lead an effort in violation of federal law to interfer with legally transmitted, over-the-air radio programing?  Yet, he doesn't have the clout or gumption to decide who will get two minutes of air time on his C2C program?

Dateline

Maybe he just wanted to hear a word or two over the telephone to discover what all of the fuss is about.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: WOTR on August 08, 2016, 04:10:31 PM
George won the minute that she decided to go on Coast.  Out of everything that occurred up to this point, I was hoping that MITD would succeed.  Finally I can say that I don't care.  If it gets flushed I suppose that one less sell-out show in this world will not matter.  It's funny- maybe it's because Amy does not represent Art's brand and his flagship show that I would not even bat an eye if she appeared on Coast for an entire segment- I would actually say "good for her."  But Amy did not spend half a decade attacking Coast and George... Amy does not represent Art's "brand." 

Yeah, WOTR, you nailed it. George got an Art cred that solidifies his connection to his predecessor to his audience and MITD sorta kinda got mentioned but probably not enough to convert over to subs. She got churched. Well done George.

norland2424

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 08, 2016, 11:02:55 PM
Yeah, WOTR, you nailed it. George got an Art cred that solidifies his connection to his predecessor to his audience and MITD sorta kinda got mentioned but probably not enough to convert over to subs. She got churched. Well done George.

I haven't followed the church drama but didn't he get a hosting gig for bailing on Art?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: norland2424 on August 08, 2016, 11:06:34 PM
I haven't followed the church drama but didn't he get a hosting gig for bailing on Art?

Yeah, he was just some asshole trying to make a brand that started out on DMDN and then flew the coop for an occasional hosting gig with Jorch but doesn't really appear that much lol. Jorch owned him, but worse he kept name dropping Art which pissed Art off. Doesn't much matter now lol.

norland2424

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 08, 2016, 11:14:28 PM
Yeah, he was just some asshole trying to make a brand that started out on DMDN and then flew the coop for an occasional hosting gig with Jorch but doesn't really appear that much lol. Jorch owned him, but worse he kept name dropping Art which pissed Art off. Doesn't much matter now lol.

I remember that, when he bailed on Art he came on my local news channel to talk about some underwater alien base by Malibu California, and from what i remember he named dropped c2cam

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: norland2424 on August 08, 2016, 11:23:00 PM
I remember that, when he bailed on Art he came on my local news channel to talk about some underwater alien base by Malibu California, and from what i remember he named dropped c2cam

Yeah, a proto-Hoagland.

Quote from: norland2424 on August 08, 2016, 11:23:00 PM

Stay out of Malibu, Jimmie! Stay out of Malibu, deadbeat! Keep your ugly, fucking, gold-bricking ass out of my beach community.

SciFiAuthor

peace
Hog

Be proactive. Tell people where the show is available, how to get it, plug it to make it worth the person's appearance on the show. He does that when he interviews people that have books out. With Heather, he did not. George used, he did not extend common courtesy.

Robert

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 08, 2016, 10:10:57 PMRight. Clout.  I'm sure many of us remember all the nefarious actions George was accused of perpetrating when Bell was having his share of technical problems early in MITD.  People actually accused George of sabotaging (or at least orchestrating the sabotage of) computer/server/network/electrical power systems that kept Bell off the air for a few nights.  So people believed he had the clout (and the balls) to lead an effort in violation of federal law to interfer with legally transmitted, over-the-air radio programing?  Yet, he doesn't have the clout or gumption to decide who will get two minutes of air time on his C2C program?
Nope, only what he's told.  But they're not going to throw a screwball at him because they think he'll get hit by the pitch.

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on August 08, 2016, 11:27:06 PM
Stay out of Malibu, Jimmie! Stay out of Malibu, deadbeat! Keep your ugly, fucking, gold-bricking ass out of my beach community.

lol

Quote from: Robert on August 08, 2016, 09:21:08 PM
Please remind me if this has been argued about here before, but is this a fair description of what happened?  Do you think he had in mind having some real, feigned, or real-but-exaggerated emergency, then having her come in as "successor"?

I don't know or, at this point, care what is going on in his mind.  By Art not coming back and not choosing a more qualified pinch hitter, Heather is his successor by default.  Similar to his, "George gets it" statement, he stubbornly maintains that she is getting better by the day.  Iirc she has asked him to come back repeatedly, which he has suggested he might do, but with his health problems he might never come back (if he even wants to).  I hope he proves me wrong and does maybe a weekly pre-recorded stalker-proof podcast, but that's highly doubtful.  Correction, I'm done hoping.  Every time Art has gotten our hopes up he gives us massive Blue Bells.

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on August 08, 2016, 11:33:47 PM
I don't know or, at this point, care what is going on in his mind...

Art Bell was a character/radio personality part created by Ramona for her husband to play.  He did it well, but couldn't keep it going for long stretches.

WOTR

Quote from: Robert on August 08, 2016, 09:08:03 PM
Couldn't you state that just as well when he has Whitley Streiber on?
Nope... I never got dreamland up here- never listened to it and while I could be mistaken, I doubt Whitley was here critiquing Geroge Noory's English, voice, guests, producer, topics, "television" show, conventions, mispronunciations, books, personal life, contracts, business dealings, or his general skillz as a radio host.  Once you do that, you loose the privilege of appearing on Coast "judgement free."

Whitley did not host any gabcasts where he ran Noory into the ground only to crawl to him a year later when he thought he might get a tiny bit of personal gain. If he had, I would be saying the same thing about him that I did about Chruch, Falkie and now HW.  Long live the king. :-[

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen link=topic=10084.msg876837#msg876837 =1470720827
I don't know or, at this point, care what is going on in his mind.  By Art not coming back and not choosing a more qualified pinch hitter, Heather is his successor by default.  Similar to his, "George gets it" statement, he stubbornly maintains that she is getting better by the day.  Iirc she has asked him to come back repeatedly, which he has suggested he might do, but with his health problems he might never come back (if he even wants to).  I hope he proves me wrong and does maybe a weekly pre-recorded stalker-proof podcast, but that's highly doubtful.  Correction, I'm done hoping.  Every time Art has gotten our hopes up he gives us massive Blue Bells.

It seems that Art had a career, riddled with foolish/dumb mistakes. For such an intelligent, well read man, it makes one scratch their head with all the craziness that's happened.

zeebo

Quote from: god of thunder on August 09, 2016, 12:27:50 AM
It seems that Art had a career, riddled with foolish/dumb mistakes. For such an intelligent, well read man, it makes one scratch their head with all the craziness that's happened.

I'll never forget a quote I saw here long ago from I can't remember who: "Art is a genius behind the microphone, but off-air he really should have adult supervision."

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: rekcuf on August 08, 2016, 11:27:06 PM

heh heh

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 08, 2016, 12:27:10 AM
He totally glanced over that lol. Didn't say what "Midnight in the Desert" was or anything, just that she hosted it. She was had. George wins.

All based King Noory does is win. Brought Art's mistress on his show to make her kiss the ring and his balls too. Probably made her buy a copy of his new book so she could get on his show.