• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Russia Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, August 01, 2016, 02:49:39 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on December 25, 2016, 11:07:38 AM
Three rhetorical questions in a row is how one summons Candyman, and not how one gets back on speaking terms with me. Pound sand, Fucko.

Dining alone today?   :-\ damn.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Jackstar on December 25, 2016, 10:49:56 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russian-defense-ministry-jet-disappears-radar-over-black-sea-russian-n699911?cid=eml_nbn_20161225

Not clear to me whose a/c this actually was, a Russian military jet or a charter for the MoD.  If the latter, would probably mean it was more subject to sabotage.  TU-154s have been around since the 70s and don't have a great safety record. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 25, 2016, 11:41:47 AM
Not clear to me whose a/c this actually was, a Russian military jet or a charter for the MoD.  If the latter, would probably mean it was more subject to sabotage.  TU-154s have been around since the 70s and don't have a great safety record.

As most Russian aircraft. Crews aren't noted for their sobriety either.

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 25, 2016, 11:41:47 AM

As could be easily forseen, the usual hot sheets are lit up with the usual dysfunctional dysinfos already. This is big. This new season of Scorpion is awesome!!

Does anyone have a list of the whacked yet? Intensely curious as to the target. My hunch is that it was the marching band, literally. But a hunch is all I got, you know me.

I don't judge.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on December 25, 2016, 11:51:28 AM

As could be easily forseen, the usual hot sheets are lit up with the usual dysfunctional dysinfos already. This is big. This new season of Scorpion is awesome!!

Does anyone have a list of the whacked yet? Intensely curious as to the target. My hunch is that it was the marching band, literally. But a hunch is all I got, you know me.

I don't judge.

Why are you still home? Get over there to the crash site asap and get digging swimming for information. Do it.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 25, 2016, 11:47:42 AM

The Russians used to send some of their commercial aircraft to Shannon for depot level maintenance.  You'd see them sitting out on the tarmac, or occasionally doing post maintenance FCFs around the area.  They always struck me as looking ratty and bedrangled, got the impression the Russians didn't pay the Irish to spruce up the aircraft as part of the depot maintenance.

Don't know about the post-Soviet era, but back in the day the Soviets played games registering quasi-military aircraft as commercial aircraft.  Wasn't unusual to see transport aircraft with tail guns in Aeroflot markings and civil codes.  Will be interesting to see who owned/maintained/operated the TU-154 lost today.

albrecht

Though with Russians I might be more worried if they were sober for a few days prior to flight. Shakes, DTs, and all that. I heard that some kind of choir was on board. Set to perfrom for troops in Syria.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/russian-plane-goes-missing-100-board-bbc-051111265.html

"Konashenkov said the plane had last been serviced in September and undergone more major repairs in December 2014. He said the pilot was experienced and that the plane had about 7,000 flying hours on its clock. According to the defense ministry's passenger manifest, Elizaveta Glinka, a member of Putin's advisory human rights council, was on the plane."

Seems not as suspicious as like the Poland 'crash' because not many high level people aboard but terrorists, governments, and organized crime are not above killing a lot of people even when the 'target' is one individual. It is sad though.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on December 25, 2016, 12:42:30 PM
Seems not as suspicious

The near-instant appearance of a Sorcha Fail article stipulates near-instant suspicion. Have you not read the hot sheets yet either?

Me, I'm saving myself up a bit. I want to savor this.

Jackstar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 25, 2016, 11:56:13 AM
Why are you still home? Get over there to the crash site asap and get digging swimming for information. Do it.

Quote from: Jackstar on December 25, 2016, 01:07:25 PM
Me, I'm saving myself up a bit. I want to savor this.

Look, I can't be everywhere at once. I'm already holding my nose while reading your obnoxious posts, and then typing my replies to you by slamming the head of my massive penis against my ergonomic keyboard.

Meanwhile, I have yet to see any indication of your response to the class' required reading curriculum. I would advise you to take advantage of this moment while I go towel off.

chefist

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 25, 2016, 12:12:25 PM
The Russians used to send some of their commercial aircraft to Shannon for depot level maintenance.  You'd see them sitting out on the tarmac, or occasionally doing post maintenance FCFs around the area.  They always struck me as looking ratty and bedrangled, got the impression the Russians didn't pay the Irish to spruce up the aircraft as part of the depot maintenance.

Don't know about the post-Soviet era, but back in the day the Soviets played games registering quasi-military aircraft as commercial aircraft.  Wasn't unusual to see transport aircraft with tail guns in Aeroflot markings and civil codes.  Will be interesting to see who owned/maintained/operated the TU-154 lost today.

Russians always held a philosophy of "less than ideal conditions" when it comes to warfare. Make your everyday condition seem like a wartime condition. They put flaps on intakes of all their aircraft so no rocks, debris, etc can get into the engines on take off...

Rivets instead of composite...so you can fix the rivet, where a structural failure in composite is very difficult to repair...

Not a bad design concept...it has disadvantages of course, but makes common sense...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Chefist on December 25, 2016, 01:16:22 PM
Russians always held a philosophy of "less than ideal conditions" when it comes to warfare. Make your everyday condition seem like a wartime condition. They put flaps on intakes of all their aircraft so no rocks, debris, etc can get into the engines on take off...

Rivets instead of composite...so you can fix the rivet, where a structural failure in composite is very difficult to repair...

Not a bad design concept...it has disadvantages of course, but makes common sense...

Foxbat with valves etc...could get to SR71 altitudes at near Mach 3 but destroyed the motors doing so.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Chefist on December 25, 2016, 01:16:22 PM

That's why my carry gun has long been a Makarov.

Jackstar

I'm going to take the time to read this bullshit now. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 25, 2016, 01:22:09 PM
Foxbat with valves etc...could get to SR71 altitudes at near Mach 3 but destroyed the motors doing so.

Exactly...good example...

Jackstar

https://sputniknews.com/russia/201612251048980664-ensemble-plane-crash/

According to a list of passengers and crew published by the ministry, there were 64 members of the choir, and their conductor Valery Khalilov on board the crashed plane.

Members of the choir were travelling to Syria to celebrate the New Year with Russian troops. The Alexandrov Ensemble is an official army choir of the Russian Armed Forces. It consists of a male choir, an orchestra, and a dance group.

It would be difficult to overstate the enormity of the horror, should this disaster prove to have been deliberate.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on December 25, 2016, 02:39:15 PM
https://sputniknews.com/russia/201612251048980664-ensemble-plane-crash/

It would be difficult to understate the enormity of the horror, should this disaster prove to have been deliberate.

All the more reason you should be making plans to get there on the next available flights. They need you there.

Jackstar

I can't leave this spot. I am riveted with anticipation to see how you're going to pretend to not recognize the implications inherent in the video you keep ignoring the posting of, while relentlessly pounding the thread with pointless shitposts.

It's notable and quaint.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on December 25, 2016, 02:43:55 PM
I can't leave this spot. I am riveted with anticipation to see how you're going to pretend to not recognize the implications inherent in the video you keep ignoring the posting of, while relentlessly pounding the thread with pointless shitposts.

It's notable and quaint.

Well, I just hope for your sake missus, that the Ruskies forgive your absence.

Jackstar

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-25/russian-military-plane-crashes-killing-all-92-board-including-60-famous-red-army-cho

QuoteThe last big TU-154 crash was in 2010 when a Polish jet carrying then-president Lech Kaczynski and much of Poland's political elite crashed in western Russia killing everyone on board.

move_on_nothing_to_see_here.gif

Taaroa

Wasn't there a crash years ago where the navigator (which russians apparently still use in the civil world) was drunk and gave a heading which caused the plane to hit a radio tower after takeoff?

Uncle Duke

Russia plane crash: Flight recorder 'reveals faulty wing flaps to blame' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38449058

I'm a little skeptical, I doubt they have enough information to make this call.  Asymmetric flaps would cause the a/c to roll into the side with less lift (more raised flap), the greater the asymmetry the more pronounced the roll.  The article doesn't say the FDR showed the roll, just the difference in flap positions.  The flaps would have been used in the landing, so that would probably indicate a failure of an actuator and/or connector push rods during climb out.  Not impossible, but an a/c type with 40-plus years of maintenance history would have data to show mode and frequency of component failure.  Maintenance history of this specific a/c might also show a reason to suspect a particular component failure.  While this might eventually be shown to be the cause, it seems too early call it the cause.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 28, 2016, 09:41:36 AM
Russia plane crash: Flight recorder 'reveals faulty wing flaps to blame' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38449058

I'm a little skeptical, I doubt they have enough information to make this call.  Asymmetric flaps would cause the a/c to roll into the side with less lift (more raised flap), the greater the asymmetry the more pronounced the roll.  The article doesn't say the FDR showed the roll, just the difference in flap positions.  The flaps would have been used in the landing, so that would probably indicate a failure of an actuator and/or connector push rods during climb out.  Not impossible, but an a/c type with 40-plus years of maintenance history would have data to show mode and frequency of component failure.  Maintenance history of this specific a/c might also show a reason to suspect a particular component failure.  While this might eventually be shown to be the cause, it seems too early call it the cause.

Was it a day or night time flight? Its possble the crew were flying on instruments and got disorientated with the asymmetry from a control surface failure. The voice recorder may reveal more.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 28, 2016, 09:53:41 AM
Was it a day or night time flight? Its possble the crew were flying on instruments and got disorientated with the asymmetry from a control surface failure. The voice recorder may reveal more.

I think they took off in VFR daytime conditions.  The article says, according to the voice recorder, one of the crew said, "The flaps, hell, what...".  My point is the Russians seem to be in a rush to establish a cause other than sabotage or terrorism.

No competent mishap investigator is going to talk about the cause of a crash three days after the fact before the wreckage and bodies have been recovered/analyzed, and a thorough review of historical maintenance data of the type and specific a/c.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 28, 2016, 11:03:45 AM
I think they took off in VFR daytime conditions.  The article says, according to the voice recorder, one of the crew said, "The flaps, hell, what...".  My point is the Russians seem to be in a rush to establish a cause other than sabotage or terrorism.

No competent mishap investigator is going to talk about the cause of a crash three days after the fact before the wreckage and bodies have been recovered/analyzed, and a thorough review of historical maintenance data of the type and specific a/c.

Exactly. The answer is all to see. They're being pressured I would imagne by Putin's office to feed the masses with something, anything. That it might not be the case isn't the point. Few understand propaganda like the Russians.

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 28, 2016, 11:03:45 AM
My point is the Russians seem to be in a rush to establish a cause other than sabotage or terrorism.

Everyone knows the cause. We all know it. Wandering dogs (((investigators))) know it.

What remains is establishing a chain of evidence. Hah! Hah! Good luck, Ivan.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on December 28, 2016, 02:21:33 PM

Everyone knows the cause. We all know it. Wandering dogs (((investigators))) know it.

What remains is establishing a chain of evidence. Hah! Hah! Good luck, Ivan.

For those of us who don't know the cause, can you tell us?

Jackstar

It's classified and you and I don't speak. Die in a fire.